GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hunch she is unknowing victim. I think PC was a slithering sneak to both his ex-wife and YC.

I've wondered where Pierre Collins was from noon to 1:40pm the day of the murder: At noon, he was at the Aldi's 'across the street' (2 mins. away actually, either by car or by stroll...), but present wife says he arrived home ('from work' - he'd lied at 0730am and told present wife he was off to some job....) at 1:40pm. I imagine he bought himself food at Aldi, but if he's so close to home, where the heck was he for that 1 1/2 hrs.???

Also, creepy thought: Pierre Collins was watching tv with his wife 'til minutes - 0415pm'ish- before Little Edwin's (Barway's) school van arrives.... Pierre Collins, if he is the murderer, knew he needed to intercept the school van, so did Pierre Collins simply get engrossed in some tv show like Gilligan's Island, OR a cartoon!!! and get distracted until there was a commercial, so actually PC left to commit the murder 'a little late'.

Also, I've thought how PC apparently left present wife home to care for those 2 little tots, and 0730am, and then at about 0415pm.... Even without being a murderer, it's creepy to be such a liar and skipping off like that imo - euw...

If the knife was on the bottom of the river it is very possible it did not wash too far away. With that said, who's to say it is even related? Could be a coincidence....or is there a reason the knife is thought to be important?

I didn't think of this: For sure the police thoroughly checked that drainage/sewage round 'bin' area, so that's probably where they found the knife!! Murderer may have tossed it in with this precious little boy, OR it may be unrelated. The reason that knife near Little Edwin (Barway) is important is that it was the basis for the search warrant to include looking to seize knives found in the home.

I don't understand - kstp says a knife was found 'a few yards' from the body - - Little Edwin's (Barway's) body was recovered 10 feet further into the M. River from that drainage vat area ? ? Also, I live in the area, and we had an episode of torrential rain while Barway was missing - I believe I posted about it on here at the time (feel like it happened on a Saturday.... not sure.... can't remember exactly). Definitely at the time I thought that if Little Edwin was murdered on the bluff area, for sure, all evidence would wash away, but maybe not a big honkin' knife tossed in the shrubs.

Also: About the duct tape, remember that the police are trying to reveal 'just enough' to establish probable cause, for arrest, to obtain that search warrant. So, it is certainly very, very possible that police did NOT reveal ALL of the duct taped areas of Little Edwin's body.

The finding of the one towel with plant residue is wierd in that no one would keep such a towel in the kitchen cupboard - if that was the towel for 'having a picnic' outside in the grass, it should be in the entry closet.

I found it weird because the boy's body was found weeks after he was killed. Why keep a soiled towel that long? I would expect it to be thrown away or laundered in that time. I'm wondering if it was stuffed in the back of the cupboard in a hurry and he forgot and YC never noticed it or was afraid to move something of his?

But, as weird as it is to keep that item, I sure do hope it is more evidence that PC was at the river!!

If the knife was on the bottom of the river it is very possible it did not wash too far away. With that said, who's to say it is even related? Could be a coincidence....or is there a reason the knife is thought to be important?

For my own piece of mind I have to believe the knife was ONLY used to cut the duct tape. Anything else, I can't even go there :tears:

For my own piece of mind I have to believe the knife was ONLY used to cut the duct tape. Anything else, I can't even go there :tears:

Good point. I hope that's true.

I would hope they can determine if any duct tape residue is on the knife and/or anything that is on the blade. I know it was rainy and perhaps the knife was in the water so who knows what evidence is left.

The handle sounds distinctive. I wonder if it matches anything found in the apartment.

It's also possible the knife found at the river is unrelated. I'm come from a fishing family and we have knives with patterned handles - though they are so prized that we wouldn't leave one behind us without looking all over for it.

Sigh....the story doesn't get easier.

He is a sociopath -- a person with no conscience. No feelings in regard to the hurt they cause others.

He is a sociopath -- a person with no conscience. No feelings in regard to the hurt they cause others.

I agree. And while this is NO EXCUSE, I have been researching Liberia and that country has really suffered under civil war during PC's lifetime. I wonder what his own childhood and early adult years were like. I don't know, obviously, but when I first started reading about PC, I thought he was incredibly hardened.

But growing up in a war-torn country IS NO EXCUSE at all. People have survived similar situations in many places over all time and continued to be compassionate and loving people.

JMO

WOW!!! 'The Pastor' states he ('the Pastor') was tortured in Liberia - and then 'Pastor' says he had 'police training' in Philadelphia, but never actually became a police officer.... and 'the Pastor' states he was homeless and got the calling to 'preach the Word' then... http://minnesotaactsnow.org/pastor-harding-smith/

and see this: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/19621325/brooklyn-center-pastors-6000-ordination-ring-stolen
We cannot sleuth the Pastor being he is not a POI per TOS.

Yup. Notice in all pictures you can see the whites of his eyes on the bottom?
Clear sign, imo.

If only that were the case, Tilli. If the knife was used only to cut the tape, why would PC leave it at the river? If he had returned it home and it had been used and washed repeatedly before Edwin's body was found, there might have been no duct tape residue left and LE would likely be looking for DNA on it anyway.... and would be more likely, IMO, to be looking for scissors than a knife if the body had no knife wounds. IMO, PC didn't take the knife back home because it had Edwin's DNA on it. Sorry. :(

It just makes me sick to think of what sweet Edwin must have endured in his last minutes. My only consolation in all of this is the thought that Edwin identified his killer/killers as he was arriving home the day of his murder.... when he said, "There's my dad."

If only that were the case, Tilli. If the knife was used only to cut the tape, why would PC leave it at the river? If he had returned it home and it had been used and washed repeatedly before Edwin's body was found, there might have been no duct tape residue left and LE would likely be looking for DNA on it anyway.... and would be more likely, IMO, to be looking for scissors than a knife if the body had no knife wounds. IMO, PC didn't take the knife back home because it had Edwin's DNA on it. Sorry. :(

It just makes me sick to think of what sweet Edwin must have endured in his last minutes. My only consolation in all of this is the thought that Edwin identified his killer/killers as he was arriving home the day of his murder.... when he said, "There's my dad."

:cry:

I agree. And while this is NO EXCUSE, I have been researching Liberia and that country has really suffered under civil war during PC's lifetime. I wonder what his own childhood and early adult years were like. I don't know, obviously, but when I first started reading about PC, I thought he was incredibly hardened.

But growing up in a war-torn country IS NO EXCUSE at all. People have survived similar situations in many places over all time and continued to be compassionate and loving people.

JMO
It is very hard to say. I've read about and met people who survived the harshest of ordeals, including the loss of their families, in war-torn African nations and Nazi death camps. You might expect them to be hardened by their experience, but rather they were the most compassionate people.

I do know someone, not YET a murderer, who verbally expresses sympathy toward others, but in practice shows no compassion whatsoever. It's like she knows what to say to gain people's confidence. She claimed her husband abused her for 26 years before she left him, so at first I thought she was just traumatized. But, some of the things she later said have made we wonder if that, like everything else, is just a ruse. She preys on people who are generous, compassionate and unassertive to obtain what's most important to her -- food and money.

It's confounding that there are such people. They care about no one but themselves and do not seem to have a conscience, so they cannot be trusted to change. Poor Edwin likely trusted and loved his dad, although PC in turn had no affection for his son. I wonder if he told Edwin how much he loved him while plotting to kill him? Edwin deserved so much better!

It is very hard to say. I've read about and met people who survived the harshest of ordeals, including the loss of their families, in war-torn African nations and Nazi death camps. You might expect them to be hardened by their experience, but rather they were the most compassionate people.

I do know someone, not YET a murderer, who verbally expresses sympathy toward others, but in practice shows no compassion whatsoever. It's like she knows what to say to gain people's confidence. She claimed her husband abused her for 26 years before she left him, so at first I thought she was just traumatized. But, some of the things she later said have made we wonder if that, like everything else, is just a ruse. She preys on people who are generous, compassionate and unassertive to obtain what's most important to her -- food and money.

It's confounding that there are such people. They care about no one but themselves and do not seem to have a conscience, so they cannot be trusted to change. Poor Edwin likely trusted and loved his dad, although PC in turn had no affection for his son. I wonder if he told Edwin how much he loved him while plotting to kill him? Edwin deserved so much better!
In living and working with families from war torn countries like Bosnia and Somalia I have seen both extremes. Those that are so grateful for the opportunity to start fresh and SAFE in the USA and show it in their generous and caring actions.....to those hardened by their past and unable to trust and love. I cannot even put myself in their shoes. The stories shook me to the core. Each "surviving" in their own way and I cannot fault any of them.

BUT - it gives no excuse - zero, zilch, nada - to murder an innocent child who had a life of opportunity ahead of him.

In living and working with families from war torn countries like Bosnia and Somalia I have seen both extremes. Those that are so grateful for the opportunity to start fresh and SAFE in the USA and show it in their generous and caring actions.....to those hardened by their past and unable to trust and love. I cannot even put myself in their shoes. The stories shook me to the core. Each "surviving" in their own way and I cannot fault any of them.

BUT - it gives no excuse - zero, zilch, nada - to murder an innocent child who had a life of opportunity ahead of him.

Damarna, I have also worked with refugees from war-torn places, and I also work with people who have suffered greatly here in our own country. I totally agree with you about the two extremes and have often wondered what triggers each reaction. I've seen such compassion, good humor, and generosity from people who suffered in unimaginable ways....what gave them that strength? My only conclusion is that they had at least one person in their lives who set that example, even if it was a fleeting one.

Well, this is veering off topic....it's just so much nicer to remember some really great and strong people than this heinous crime.

Thinking about the mail that was gathered during the search of the apartment. What to make of that?

Is that normal as part of a search, to show residency of that particular place?

I'm wondering if he has mail addressed to him at a different address than the apartment. If so, what would that indicate?

Or, was it the specific items of the mail that was of interest - late bills, payments, court orders, etc?

Thinking about the mail that was gathered during the search of the apartment. What to make of that? Is that normal as part of a search, to show residency of that particular place? I'm wondering if he has mail addressed to him at a different address than the apartment. If so, what would that indicate? Or, was it the specific items of the mail that was of interest - late bills, payments, court orders, etc?

In apartments, mail comes to a lock box, and I would GUESS that Pierre Collins was the one who held the key, not present wife (and so, imo, PC would NOT keep a secret USPS post office box, because no need). I would guess that Pierre Collins would openly leave the life insurance mail around his apartment, but we know he told present wife he was 'off to work' the morning of his recent court appearance, so I would GUESS he would hide that info' somewhere.

Good thinkin' about late bills!! But because the police only took 2 pieces of mail (right?) I would GUESS it would be life insurance mail.

At the furlough hearing. Will update when its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe