GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 EYEWITNESS NEWS Reporter Beth McDonough talked with Barway's mother Sunday.
Karluah confirmed an interview with a Liberian radio host. During that interview, she claims she was a 15-year-old student and Pierre Collins was her teacher. She was living in a Ghana refugee village and claims she was raped by Collins and became pregnant with Barway.
During the radio interview, she went on to say she let Barway come to Minnesota in 2011 to live with Collins so her son could go to school and have a better life.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3770650.shtml

Beaver’s marriage to Collins began to unravel.
She said they had physical altercations and that he also hit Barway, including spankings with a belt. He could be rough with all the children but was roughest with Barway, she said.
“He would literally whip him. … We fought so much about it. He told me to stay in my place, [that Barway] wasn’t my kid,” she said.
“My family told me to hold it together for the kids.”
In 2013, one of Beaver’s children alleged Collins touched and kissed her in a sexual way, and another said Collins beat him, records say. Beaver applied for and was granted a restraining order. Hennepin County found Collins responsible for abuse, records show. Beaver also reported the abuse to police. The county attorney’s office found insufficient evidence for a criminal charge.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/300494341.html?page=2&c=y

May Pierre Collins rot from the inside out starting now. No wonder he was 'secretive' about his past! He never wanted, nor loved Barway! IMO!

Why in the world did PC bother bringing Edwin (Barway) to USA? You would assume that PC would simply walk away from him and forget about his unwanted child once he immigrated here. How sad a situation that it would have been better for the son for his father to abandon him rather than bring him to a "better life" in USA.

Surely the plan all along could not have been to insure him and then kill him?!?? That's just too awful.

PC also abandoned his wife here when she got pregnant, later to return to her (I think he returned for financial reasons, JMO, not to be a good husband or father).

((Edwin)) His father re-named him Barway but his mom said his name was Edwin.

Why in the world did PC bother bringing Edwin (Barway) to USA? You would assume that PC would simply walk away from him and forget about his unwanted child once he immigrated here. How sad a situation that it would have been better for the son for his father to abandon him rather than bring him to a "better life" in USA. Surely the plan all along could not have been to insure him and then kill him?!?? That's just too awful. PC also abandoned his wife here when she got pregnant, later to return to her (I think he returned for financial reasons, JMO, not to be a good husband or father). ((Edwin)) His father re-named him Barway but his mom said his name was Edwin.

Terrific post. If this father did ruthlessly and horrifically murder his precious, dear, Godly, innocent little boy (and he is charged now, NOT convicted!), then, yes, with what we know about the history of insurance policy purchases and 'hitting the jackpot' REPEATEDLY on (life insurance and auto insurance, and renters' insurance) policies (has the reporter who listened to the audio tape posted on MSM about the further history of AT LEAST ONE life insurance policy beyond Barway and the 2 younger boys or present wife??), sickening to think and to say, but IMO such a person would be contemplating murder from the initial purchase of the policies, and each and every time he so very carefully made the payments.

A whole lot of people are deeply sickened by what's happened, and I believe it will really be hard on us when the full medical examiners and autopsy reports are made public. What happened to this little boy is utterly horrific, no matter what exactly it is the murderer did.

At least little Barway is safe and with God, no more hurt, no more fear, no more pain and suffering.

Why in the world did PC bother bringing Edwin (Barway) to USA? You would assume that PC would simply walk away from him and forget about his unwanted child once he immigrated here. How sad a situation that it would have been better for the son for his father to abandon him rather than bring him to a "better life" in USA.

Surely the plan all along could not have been to insure him and then kill him?!?? That's just too awful.

PC also abandoned his wife here when she got pregnant, later to return to her (I think he returned for financial reasons, JMO, not to be a good husband or father).

((Edwin)) His father re-named him Barway but his mom said his name was Edwin.

I will call him Edwin now too. I imagine PC had Edwin sent here hoping he'd be a meal ticket. Perhaps PC even made money initially bringing Edwin here (leftover money from the trip?).

This whole thing breaks my heart into a million pieces. No matter how much I know that Edwin isn't suffering anymore, I cry each day for him.

How horrible, to be so young, so innocent, so trusting and good and have your family member care little more for you than a used tissue.

I will reserve what I think of PC to myself as I'm certain it would get me kicked off WS. May justice be swift.

And that is why he will see my face every step of the way during his court proceedings.

I cannot wrap my head around this. ..... I just don't get it, and honestly, I hope I never do.

But, Edwin needs as many people in his corner than he ever had before. So I will go. I will do whatever it takes for Edwin to look down and see there ARE people that care.

And that is why he will see my face every step of the way during his court proceedings.

I cannot wrap my head around this. ..... I just don't get it, and honestly, I hope I never do.

But, Edwin needs as many people in his corner than he ever had before. So I will go. I will do whatever it takes for Edwin to look down and see there ARE people that care.

You are correct TC_MN! I'm going to try to get off work and go too.

Also, PC needs to see that Edwin's life DID matter and that many people care about him and about justice in his name. Maybe PC thought no one would care about a little boy from Africa.

Just curious but has anybody mentioned possibly sending Edwin Barway home to Liberia for his burial? Wouldn't the burial there be cheaper and at least his mother could attend the funeral and visit his grave? I don't know how quickly his mom could get a Visa to visit from Liberia due to all the Liberians in the past that came here and never left. Sorry if that sounds insensitive but I think folks on this side of the ocean have cashed in enough on this poor boy. JMO
Also regarding the funeral expenses here-didn't someone already donate a plot? In other cases I've seen funeral costs covered by a local mortuary. I don't trust the pastor or stepmom just because they both appear to make bad choices.

To the local members who are attending court proceedings-

You stand for all of us here at WS who care enough about this young boy to want justice. Thank you for representing us.

Just curious but has anybody mentioned possibly sending Edwin Barway home to Liberia for his burial? Wouldn't the burial there be cheaper and at least his mother could attend the funeral and visit his grave? I don't know how quickly his mom could get a Visa to visit from Liberia due to all the Liberians in the past that came here and never left. Sorry if that sounds insensitive but I think folks on this side of the ocean have cashed in enough on this poor boy. JMO
Also regarding the funeral expenses here-didn't someone already donate a plot? In other cases I've seen funeral costs covered by a local mortuary. I don't trust the pastor or stepmom just because they both appear to make bad choices.
I think the idea of sending Edwin home is a very good one. I wondered that myself. He needs to go HOME to rest in peace.

FYI - this is the link for burial assistance for crime victims in Minnesota. https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ojp/help-for-crime-victims/Pages/crime-victims-reparations.aspx

I think the idea of sending Edwin home is a very good one. I wondered that myself. He needs to go HOME to rest in peace.

FYI - this is the link for burial assistance for crime victims in Minnesota. https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ojp/help-for-crime-victims/Pages/crime-victims-reparations.aspx

If I'm reading that correctly then his funeral expenses here would already be covered. So why the fundraising? Besides bringing his mom over, of course. I don't know if airlines still have grievance fares but someone can ask the pastor, like a reporter or law enforcement. They got $1200 (I think) last month, is that all gone? Just mind boggling.

If I'm reading that correctly then his funeral expenses here would already be covered. So why the fundraising? Besides bringing his mom over, of course. I don't know if airlines still have grievance fares but someone can ask the pastor, like a reporter or law enforcement. They got $1200 (I think) last month, is that all gone? Just mind boggling.

Every time the Pastor gets behind the microphone he collects cash (has people walk through the group with large, deep baskets).

I do NOT believe there is transparency about the money, not one bit. If there WERE openness, they would publish all of the bookkeeping - it's simple 'money in', 'money out/where'. Also, I am NOT buying it one bit about the Pastor 'volunteering' all his time (on and on and on, in front of microphones): Someone is paying for his meals, his suits and ties, his Cadillac, his home. SOMEONE is taking those big, deep baskets of cash and counting out the money and handing (what remains...after being 'counted') out the cash to whomever they decide can have some of it.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3772092.shtml?cat=1

I do NOT believe there is transparency about the money, not one bit. If there WERE openness, they would publish all of the bookkeeping - it's simple 'money in', 'money out/where'. Also, I am NOT buying it one bit about the Pastor 'volunteering' all his time (on and on and on, in front of microphones): Someone is paying for his meals, his suits and ties, his Cadillac, his home. SOMEONE is taking those big, deep baskets of cash and counting out the money and handing (what remains...after being 'counted') out the cash to whomever they decide can have some of it.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3772092.shtml?cat=1

It's sickening.

To the local members who are attending court proceedings-

You stand for all of us here at WS who care enough about this young boy to want justice. Thank you for representing us.
clicking thanks was not enough...

thank you from myself as well for representing us.........:rose: edwin

"Speaking on behalf of the Collins family, Pastor Harding Smith said slain 10-year-old Barway Collins will be buried this Saturday."

"On Tuesday afternoon, Smith handed news conference attendees a signed document by Pierre Collins, who is behind bars awaiting trial for his son's murder, giving him legal authority to bury Barway. Smith said the family had originally hoped to wait 3 weeks for Barway's biological mother, Louise Karluah, to get to Minnesota from Liberia, but because of the condition of his remains, they have decided to have the service this Saturday at 11 a.m. at Shiloh Temple in Minneapolis."

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28860720/barway-collins-to-be-buried-on-saturday

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE....

Edwin's (Barway Collins') real mother is coming here from Liberia, and politicians are trying to have that happen ASAP, but likely the Edwin's mom will arrive a few days later. 'The Pastor' was begged to wait for the funeral and burial until little Edwin's mom arrives: He and Pierre Collins REFUSE, and claim this is 'due to the condition of the body' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALSO, 'The Pastor' says all of the thousands of dollars that are being collected (and will get collected at the funeral, for sure) beyond 'the funeral expenses' ARE BEING GIVEN TO PIERRE COLLINS NEW WIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28860720/barway-collins-to-be-buried-on-saturday

Speaking on behalf of the Collins family, Pastor Harding Smith said slain 10-year-old Barway Collins will be buried this Saturday.
On Tuesday afternoon, Smith handed news conference attendees a signed document by Pierre Collins, who is behind bars awaiting trial for his son's murder, giving him legal authority to bury Barway. Smith said the family had originally hoped to wait 3 weeks for Barway's biological mother, Louise Karluah, to get to Minnesota from Liberia, but because of the condition of his remains, they have decided to have the service this Saturday at 11 a.m. at Shiloh Temple in Minneapolis.

Pastor Dotson and volunteer searchers held a vigil in North Mississippi Regional Park, near the area where Barway's body was found last week.

“I've heard from folks there are concerns of money going for legal fees, money going to Pierre's family. When in reality, all that money should go to Barway's biological mother,” he said. Pastor Smith confirmed over the weekend that all donations collected are strictly for Barway's funeral expenses and any extra money will go to Barway's step-mom and her kids who live in Crystal.

I've been looking to see if the cause of death has been released, but am not finding it yet.

I've been looking to see if the cause of death has been released, but am not finding it yet.

We cannot know when cause of death will be released, because this is an active, open criminal case and so law enforcement will decide when they want to release this info' to the public: In this case, no matter what the manner of murder was, I expect that police will want to plan for added security before that info' is made public. Also, typically there is a lengthy time delay for toxicology reports to be completed.

IMO: The autopsy results SHOULD BE RELEASED BEFORE LITTLE EDWIN'S FUNERAL, BECAUSE we will all have added grief once we know how this precious little boy was hurt and suffered; if cause of death was released prior to the Celebration of Little Edwin's life ceremonies (the planned funeral, burial, and then the LARGE SERVICES WHEN LITTLE EDWIN'S MOM ARRIVES FROM LIBERIA), Little Edwin's mom (and we the public) can really pour out our grief and be able to mourn the loss. Until we know cause and manner of death, there is still 'ambiguous loss' to this horror: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambiguous_loss

"Speaking on behalf of the Collins family, Pastor Harding Smith said slain 10-year-old Barway Collins will be buried this Saturday."

"On Tuesday afternoon, Smith handed news conference attendees a signed document by Pierre Collins, who is behind bars awaiting trial for his son's murder, giving him legal authority to bury Barway. Smith said the family had originally hoped to wait 3 weeks for Barway's biological mother, Louise Karluah, to get to Minnesota from Liberia, but because of the condition of his remains, they have decided to have the service this Saturday at 11 a.m. at Shiloh Temple in Minneapolis."

I am absolutely not suprised the funds raised via Pastor Smith would go to YC and the children. Its been clear all along that those were the intentions (as well as funeral expenses ). It may not be my preference IYKWIM.

I'm wondering about the condition of the body.... I would think that some type means of preserving the body would be utilized so they could wait. But then I realized I have no idea how it works with advanced decomp present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay