GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I have no link, but I am 100 percent sure that the local police chief has publicly stated in one of the press conferences that they believe Pierre Collins committed this horrific murder all by himself. The matter has been discussed here. I certainly think that makes sense because: 1. Pierre Collins would not want to share life insurance proceeds with anyone IMO, and 2. The timeline of the murder itself (at the bank of the Mississippi River) is quite short and IMO if there had been an accomplice, PC would definitely have been at the murder site for a longer time (because there would have been the accomplice saying things like, 'Do this, do that, remember to wipe that, hide that....'

Yes, at the press conference outside of the government center, he did say that they believe he acted alone.

In my own personal opinion, I keep going back and forth whether I believe that or not.

I know that LE, at least say, they believe he did. But legally they can lie and say whatever they want. I only believe 99% of what LE says. I've gone to school for CJ and I have a few friends on the MPD, so it is NOT because I distrust LE - it's because I know a few of them and what/how they do.

Anyway, back to Edwin.

I'm not convinced 100% that PC acted alone. I saw him up close at the hearing last week. He is not a big guy. I was sitting down and he was standing about 5 feet in front of me. I would estimate him to be about 5'7"? And not much more that 150 lbs. Edwin was 5'0 and 80 lbs. That's not a small kid. And we all heard Edwin say in the video that he saw his uncle. So those are the reasons I would entertain the thought that there was someone else involved.

But on the other hand, if there was a knife involved, he very possibly could have done this alone if he surprised him from behind. Also, it is my belief that LE have video of the car, and I'm guessing they could have seen inside and know how many people got in/were in that car. And for that reason, LE could be telling the truth and that he did indeed act in this alone.

So, so glad the Funeral Home spoke up. I'm sure LE is taking notes.

OMG ! UNBELIEVEABLE - THIS NEWS JUST OUT LITERALLY 20 MINS. AGO !!!

The funeral home has called a press conference to say 'the Pastor' did not tell the truth !!!!!

“There have been misconceptions that it’s been the funeral home that is holding up the process of moving forward with the funeral,” he said. “The thought of that is because of finances – which is not true.”
Wesley says he ... has no plans to delay Barway’s funeral until all the money is in hand.
“We also wanted to let people know that’s not really been an issue with us doing what we have to do to prepare for Barway’s service,” Wesley said.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/04/29/barway-collins-mother-arrives-in-minneapolis-for-funeral/

to clarify: post 901 by me was in response to post 900 stating the member did not have a link handy. I happened to have that link handy.

PC allegedly did the murder on his own, according to LE. Great. We still do not know what Edwin meant by "oh, my uncle's here!" It wasn't "oh, I SEE my uncle", so what made him say that? Possibly he saw a car that is driven by "uncle", etc. Is PC the only person that drives the car he owns? Does he own the car? There's a lot of unanswered questions that don't involve case histories of Edwin's family members. Why stop looking for those answers?

SCREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM TODAY'S PRESS CONFERENCE (OMG...), posted 20 mins. ago:

Pastor Harding Smith announced during the press conference there is enough money to bury Barway.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3782467.shtml?cat=1

"Barway’s mother, Louise Karluah, asked that everyone attending the funeral Saturday to wear white to honor her son. The white represents purity and shows an innocent child was taken away."

I'm far away and can't attend the funeral, but I am going to wear white on Saturday. Anyone else want to do that too?

SCREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROM TODAY'S PRESS CONFERENCE (OMG...), posted 20 mins. ago:

Pastor Harding Smith announced during the press conference there is enough money to bury Barway.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3782467.shtml?cat=1

"Barway’s mother, Louise Karluah, asked that everyone attending the funeral Saturday to wear white to honor her son. The white represents purity and shows an innocent child was taken away."

I'm far away and can't attend the funeral, but I am going to wear white on Saturday. Anyone else want to do that too?

I'm in the area but have to work 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. and will not be able to attend. I will be wearing white all day :)

I love this !! Like TC_MN, I am in the area, too, but I have to work. I will wear all white except while I am working I will need to have some accent of color/jewelry, so I don't look nutty - once done with work I can be all white again :-)

What a sorrowful time: Innocent little boy who ought not be gone but for alleged grotesque selfishness and disregard for human life by the one who was supposed to be his protector. (puts tears in my eyes...)

M Mary, there will be revenge, as in a hot time in a MN prison for PC, assuming he's found guilty. Inmates have no sympathy for child killers.

Thinking of Edwin (Barway) today as he is put to rest. Rest in peace, little boy.

I have a wedding to attend today, so I can't wear white, but I will be thinking of Edwin (Barway) today as he is laid to rest. RIP little man.

The birth mother of 10-year-old Barway Collins made several stops in the Twin Cities on Thursday, but said very little to the public.
Louise Karluah, who arrived this week from Liberia for her son’s weekend funeral, thanked Minnesotans for their concern about her son’s case, but declined to say anything about their lives in Liberia before he came to Minnesota a few years ago. She also would not address the investigation into Barway’s death in which his father, Pierre Collins, has been charged.
“Thank you to all those who stood by me in my sympathy,” she said.

http://m.startribune.com/local/west/301844951.html

Except for the trial, it's over and done - for SOME. What about PC's children? Who will care for them? WI mother will have no financial child support. The current wife will have no $ to help raise her children. This isn't even taking into account the lack of a father figure, not that PC was one anyway. This case will have far reaching effects.

Except for the trial, it's over and done - for SOME. What about PC's children? Who will care for them? WI mother will have no financial child support. The current wife will have no $ to help raise her children. This isn't even taking into account the lack of a father figure, not that PC was one anyway. This case will have far reaching effects.

You must not be aware that PC was not holding down a job and had never paid a penny in child support as to his 4 children with a woman who resides in Wisc. Also, at the child support hearing the morning of the murder, at which PC was ORDERED to get a job and begin to pay child support, PC argued with the judge that he did not want to have to pay any money doe 2 of those (4) children (in Wisc.) because he'd adopted them and they were not his biologically (WHAT IRONY, WITH THE MURDER THEN OF ONE OF HIS BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN THE VERY SAME DAY !!). Also on the day of the murder, PC was phoned by a temp' agency and asked to work a personal care attendant temp' job shift to begin at 4 p.m. that day, and he said he was 'too busy' to work.

As to Barway and the other 2 biological sons (younger boys) that PC has with his 'present wife' who resides in Crystal, MN (a NW suburb of Mpls.), PC was NOT holding down a job and the family was (and is) receiving public assistance, food support, medical assistance, other government aid. Posters here have wondered how PC was getting cash for such things as MULTIPLE LARGE LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES, AT LEAST 2 SEPARATE POLICIES OF WHICH WE KNOW, ON ALL 7 OF HIS CHILDREN, gas money, cable TV, and so much more (read through prior posts in this thread) and made several (good) guesses, e.g., reselling government provided baby formula at a steep discount for cold cash via Cra@g@list.

Also, fyi, the state of MN (meaning, we the MN taxpayers) is paying for the two public defenders (attorneys) who have been assigned to handle PC's murder trial (PC claims innocence and is 'looking forward to his day in court', i.e., court trial).

As to your concern about 'losing the father figure', I won't 'go there', but to say that I bet the present wife is very, very grateful that the two younger boys whose are hers biologically (with PC) did not, in due time, wind up murdered (i.e., 'disappearing'), and I imagine such thoughts having to go through her head would motivate her to be one super wonderful mom who cherishes the 2 boys still with her.

The housing where Crystal, MN mom resides with the 2 boys is federal Section 8 housing, so rent is 'peanuts'. Local public school system is fantastic/terrific.

Yes. I am aware that PC has never held a job, but I am also aware he was court-ordered to find a job, which meant he would be paying child support, assuming he did what the judge ordered. However, now there will be nothing financially going to any of these children. Taxpayers will be footing the bill, which will be long term.

I did not say losing a father, but losing a father figure, which I also mentioned that PC wasn't.

As to PC's present wife, we don't really know if she has accepted that PC committed the crime, although I hope she now realizes this.

As to the school system in WI, we have no idea if it is "terrific."

My heart breaks for the younger siblings. This will indeed affect them for the rest of their lives, and I'm sure they will have issues with trust and safety that will run deep. I can only hope they will be surrounded by patient and loving people. And the two wives as well, and their families and friends. This case is full of sadness.

And yet Edwin (Barway) smiled that beautiful smile that captured so many of us.

I guess the only response many of us can take is to be patient and loving to the people in our own lives. I don't know how else to respond.

((Edwin's siblings and moms))

Maybe they could get a job, like the rest of us? Amazing thought, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member