Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS HORRIBLE

I am not seeing anything in this warrant application about the 'laptop under sofa cushion', so that must be in some other document, or told orally by some police officer to a reporter who put it in the recent news article??

This is so damning: MANY WITNESSES saw Little Edwin (Barway) get into what they believe (but apparently could not definitively identify) was PC's car.

I don't understand why there is video of PC arriving BACK TO the apartment complex, but NOT leaving (with Little Edwin)???? OH, OH, OH, JUST REALIZED, the police just put 'enough' into the warrant application to get it approved - - as I've stated repeatedly before, they may well (likely?) have more, and in this case, perhaps SO MUCH MORE.

Also notice how PC changes his clothes right away !! Very telltale ! Plus, getting a baseball cap pulled down on his face, well, that sure makes sense to me that this is someone who wants to have his face covered from easy view.

Now about that 'uncle': I flip flop both ways as to whether or not 'uncle' was involved. I lean to say, NO, PC did this all alone, because: 1. PC would not want to share insurance money with anyone, and 2. 'Uncle' was not near PC when Little Edwin said 'uncle is here', and 3. PC apparently left the apartment very close in time to when Little Edwin rolled up in the school van, and 4. IMO it would be easier and quicker for PC (if he's guilty) to get this murder done alone (remember, we all know he was enraged, and in a rage that had obviously been building over time), and 5. If 'uncle' was in on the murder, one would think he'd have been in the same car as PC and the child, and 6. I think PC went to the River earlier in the day in order to 'case the joint' and maybe to hide the duct tape, and that long knife (IF that was a part of this crime) right near the shore where the round large silver metal drainage collector was, to be ready for his murderous plan to unfold (see, IMO, PC would have tricked LIttle Edwin to get him 'happily' to go down to the shore of the River, and PC's next trick would be to get PC silenced, i.e., mouth covered or otherwise 'knocked out' ((sadly tho', PC, if he is guilty, seems too brutal and too inept to know about and to handle something like chloroform and a cloth)) ...!!!) HOWEVER, REASONS I FEEL NOT SURE ABOUT 'UNCLE' INVOLVEMENT are: 1. When Little Edwin says 'there's my uncle', he does have this 'surprised' tone about his voice IMO - - it just didn't seem like a 'normal' occurrence, i.e, not like it was typical for 'uncle' to be out in the parking lot area of the complex, i.e., it did NOT seem as if 'uncle' was even a resident of the apartment complex IMO !, and 2. If PC is guilty, surely he was not so dumb that he didn't realize he'd be on camera clearly at Cub Foods and the inside little TCF Bank cash machine -- all those cameras are very much obvious and 'in your face' there, SO MAYBE PC - and 'uncle' - were slick enough to travel to the Mississippi River to commit the murder in separate cars. IN SUM: If PC is guilty, I lean to think PC did this crime all by himself.

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/CollinsWarrant2.pdf

Thank you for the link to the warrant. Very interesting!

Here's what pops out at me in the warrant, bolded by me:

"In several interviews, several inconsistencies have been found within the father's story of what he had done that day, such as giving varying descriptions to different investigators of what he himself had been wearing, varying stories as to what he had been doing the day the juvenile was reported missing, being deceitful about who his family members/siblings were, etc."

The warrant also states, BBM:
"Your affiant believes that the father and a possible unknown uncle may have involved in the disappearance of the juvenile, and that it is likely they will be in communication regarding this incident."

I want to stay within TOS and won't speculate further, but since "uncle" is part of the search warrant, I think we can discuss "uncle" (without naming names until LE names someone). I'm flagging this post to check with a Mod about that.

JMO

Correct. Thanks to the search warrants - some unnamed "Uncle" is in the mix, however please exercise discretion and post responsibly.

As Inthedetails states above, since no specific "uncle" is named do not go off sleuthing willy nilly every Tom, Dick or Harry that may have been considered or called uncle by Barway.

He turned off his phone while he was at the river with Edwin (Barway), but turned it back on again to call his wife around the same time he was checking his bank balance. I can search for the link if you need it.

Thx !! So, if PC did this crime, I can't think of any reason he would deliberately turn the phone off for that particular chunk of time (all that comes to mind is, perhaps he mistakenly thought cell phones that are switched 'on' intermittently ping the nearby towers, revealing location?, so he thought, well, if I turn it off now that I've arrived at the River, no one will ever know, according to my phone records, that I was here.... ????). Another other ideas on that? I suppose, a 2nd idea: Maybe he turned it off AFTER the murder, because he was upset and wanted a little 'alone time' to collect his thoughts???

What would make sense would be that PC meant to turn off his cell phone as a part of his murder plot (again, mistakenly thinking that if a cell phone is simply turned 'on' it is pinging the local towers every so many minutes...?) but FORGOT to turn off his cell phone right away from the time he drove off from his apartment complex, and only turned it off once he remembered to do it. Again, if PC did do this crime, it would seem fitting with the rest of what we know of him and have heard from his own mouth that PC would think (in his head) that his mistake was 'no big deal' because he wasn't going to ever get caught, of course!!!!!!!

Correct. Thanks to the search warrants - some unnamed "Uncle" is in the mix, however please exercise discretion and post responsibly.

As Inthedetails states above, since no specific "uncle" is named do not go off sleuthing willy nilly every Tom, Dick or Harry that may have been considered or called uncle by Barway.

Well, we would go sleuthing all those Tom, Dick, and Harrys, but, unfortunately, we don't have a name. So, I guess we'll just stick to fact, ma'am.

Thx !! So, if PC did this crime, I can't think of any reason he would deliberately turn the phone off for that particular chunk of time (all that comes to mind is, perhaps he mistakenly thought cell phones that are switched 'on' intermittently ping the nearby towers, revealing location?, so he thought, well, if I turn it off now that I've arrived at the River, no one will ever know, according to my phone records, that I was here.... ????). Another other ideas on that? I suppose, a 2nd idea: Maybe he turned it off AFTER the murder, because he was upset and wanted a little 'alone time' to collect his thoughts???

What would make sense would be that PC meant to turn off his cell phone as a part of his murder plot (again, mistakenly thinking that if a cell phone is simply turned 'on' it is pinging the local towers every so many minutes...?) but FORGOT to turn off his cell phone right away from the time he drove off from his apartment complex, and only turned it off once he remembered to do it. Again, if PC did do this crime, it would seem fitting with the rest of what we know of him and have heard from his own mouth that PC would think (in his head) that his mistake was 'no big deal' because he wasn't going to ever get caught, of course!!!!!!!

I think he turned off the phone so his wife couldn't call him to report Edwin (Barway) was missing. He could claim he didn't know until he called his wife.

JMO.

Thank you, ticya, for letting us cry uncle. ;)

Regarding Uncle, he remains important to this case because:

* Edwin (Barway) said on the school van that he saw his uncle
* The warrant to search PC email stated that PC lied to LE about who is family members/siblings are
* The warrant states that PC and Uncle may have communicated via email about Edwin's (Barway's) disappearance

I'm guessing one lie PC told about family members is regarding bio mom. His sister is listed on Edwin's birth certificate as the mother, rather than the true bio-mom. I would think that PC wouldn't be forthcoming with that truth immediately. It's not hard for me to believe that he told additional lies about other family member, including Uncle.

My guess is that even if Uncle didn't participate in the actual murder, he either knew about it or knew about other insurance scams from the past. JMO.

I also think this murder took some planning. While it true PC was probably in a rage after his morning in court about child support, the way the murder happened in a tight time frame and with a specific method in a specific place, I think PC had to put some time into thinking it through and planning it out. He obviously visited the site earlier in the day, but I think he planned longer than one day (he requested an increase in insurance a few days earlier, for example) and perhaps the Uncle was part of those plans, even if he wasn't at the river itself.

JMO.

Brilliant ! I somehow never thought of how PC would have lied to police about his Liberian sister who he is said to have named as 'mother' to Little Edwin (in order to bring her over to the USA).

Of course, I agree: The uncle is important to the case. One thing I wonder is if 'all of a sudden' PC got up from the sofa and told present-wife 'I'm going out', OR did 'uncle' ring PC on his cell phone and say who-knows-what ??

Because Little Edwin says 'there's my uncle' and looks one way, then says he sees his dad another way, well, that had me kinda thinking that perhaps 'uncle' was just some nice man in the apartment complex who's been friendly to Little Edwin. So you know, 2 times I slowly drove through that small parking lot, which the cozy 3 story apt. buildings all face, on days with comfortable temperatures, there were moms out with their little kids, like letting a little toddler walk (even tho' I was so near in a car), letting their little kids freely run around on food or on those little 'fake cars' for tots, little 3 wheeler bikes - - it had the feel that you were in some African village where even tho' the occasional car drove by, adults with their little kids 'owned the road' and freely roamed amidst moving cars!!

When Little Edwin said those things, it seemed like he was surprised by seeing 'uncle', and then DOUBLY surprised that 'dad' was out !! AND NOTICE, Little Edwin does NOT get off the school van and run over to the two men & instead he runs for the apt. complex door !! That has ME thinking that it would NOT be normal for Little Edwin to skip over to say 'hi' to this particular uncle, and that it was maybe 'somewhat normal, but unusual' for 'uncle' to be in the parking lot. And, as to his dad, I am just guessing that Little Edwin figured his dad was leaving in his car and that's why the little boy doesn't even bother looking back that was but runs to get inside to his step-mom and 2 little bros'.

Too bad the weather had been cold here (winter ending) -- one wonders whether the astute van driver ever overheard Little Edwin says he saw dad and, or 'uncle' out in the parking lot on other days.

YES - about PC sharing with other men about pulling insurance scams (claims for fire damage to belongings on renters' insurance policies, the MULTIPLE 'very similar' car "accidents" where he'd QUICKLY make insurance claims, the multiple pending lawsuits as to insurance claims and fraud...), that makes TOTAL sense that he would be talking on and on with his cronies about how to pull off insurance fraud.

I lean to think PC acted alone because I don't think he would want to share money with ANYONE, and, yes, I agree totally that he very apparently plotted and schemed this murder over a very lengthy time (and, IMO, it was 'just a matter of time' as to who was going to wind up being 'next' ...... :-( ), and all I meant about PC having a surge of rage the day of court (IMO, because 'some woman' ((the child support judge)) had the nerve to say 'getta job' to him in court) was that that added surge of hate inside of him would have made PC, who's on the small side, have that added boost of somewhat super-human strength in him so he easily committed the murder (alone) and then lifted and threw the body (alone). OF COURSE, I may be entirely wrong !!

OH, a note: The very 1st time I drove through the apartment complex, I am quite sure, but not positive, that PC was walking out, likely to his car, but perhaps to the gathered 'mourners'. It was a small'ish man, black baseball cap pulled down on his face, wierd 'vibe'/demeanor, sense of 'sneakily' looking around, aiming to keep hat down & head down, giving off vibes of hostility and anger/rage and resentment which IMO would be underlined by fear and terror (terror of winding up being caught) which he would never, ever purposely show to ANYONE that he actually felt...

Snipped and BBM

One thing I wonder is if 'all of a sudden' PC got up from the sofa and told present-wife 'I'm going out', OR did 'uncle' ring PC on his cell phone and say who-knows-what ??

Because Little Edwin says 'there's my uncle' and looks one way, then says he sees his dad another way, well, that had me kinda thinking that perhaps 'uncle' was just some nice man in the apartment complex who's been friendly to Little Edwin. So you know, 2 times I slowly drove through that small parking lot, which the cozy 3 story apt. buildings all face, on days with comfortable temperatures, there were moms out with their little kids, like letting a little toddler walk (even tho' I was so near in a car), letting their little kids freely run around on food or on those little 'fake cars' for tots, little 3 wheeler bikes - - it had the feel that you were in some African village where even tho' the occasional car drove by, adults with their little kids 'owned the road' and freely roamed amidst moving cars!!

When Little Edwin said those things, it seemed like he was surprised by seeing 'uncle', and then DOUBLY surprised that 'dad' was out !! AND NOTICE, Little Edwin does NOT get off the school van and run over to the two men & instead he runs for the apt. complex door !!

Hmm...here's a scenario that could work. Uncle is in the parking lot in his car and calls PC when he sees the school van approach. He then drives away. This would explain why Edwin (Barway) doesn't go to Uncle when he get out of the van.

The Probable Cause Statement said that Edwin approached the building door but didn't go inside. He was in the yard area for awhile before he got into the car. I don't think Edwin saw his dad when he was in the school van, but his dad's car. According to the Probable Cause, PC's car was parked in front of the lot, which was unusual. I think PC was in the apartment with his wife and left when Uncle called him. If is the case, Uncle likely knew what was going to happen next. JMO.

Perhaps it was Uncle who shouted out to Edwin to not enter the building but wait outside for his dad as Uncle drove away. Uncle and PC couldn't have Edwin be seen by his step-mom because she needed to report him missing later. (I think step-mom didn't know what was happening and I consider her a victim of PC.)

JMO.

MinnesotaMary, thanks for the description of the kids playing outside. That makes me happy to know.

As pointed out before, an "uncle" doesn't necessarily mean a blood relative, but could be a family friend. I would guess that if Uncle is involved with this case, as LE seems to suspect, he is a relative or a family friend of long standing - not just someone who happened to be a neighbor or acquaintance.

I have followed from the start MM but thanks for the suggestion��. I re read many articles saying PC had a negative balance when he checked that day. Then he withdrew 6k. If he had access to it from insurance fraud,etc... why such immediate desperation? And has anyone sleuthed his REAL age? My heart still breaks when considering BC's trust and excitement. PC should rot in hell hearing only that snippet of his sons voice.

As pointed out before, an "uncle" doesn't necessarily mean a blood relative, but could be a family friend. I would guess that if Uncle is involved with this case, as LE seems to suspect, he is a relative or a family friend of long standing - not just someone who happened to be a neighbor or acquaintance.
While this might be true that uncle could reference any acquaintance, might I point out that the definition of 'uncle' was provided by PC, and we didn't know his motives to skew the investigation at the time.

While this might be true that uncle could reference any acquaintance, might I point out that the definition of 'uncle' was provided by PC, and we didn't know his motives to skew the investigation at the time.

I think it's a general definition for the community, not just from PC....though I totally agree that PC had his motives for discounting the fact Edwin (Barway) saw someone close to him. PC wants LE to think it was a random neighbor, but I think it's a relative OR a close friend of many years.

I have followed from the start MM but thanks for the suggestion��. I re read many articles saying PC had a negative balance when he checked that day. Then he withdrew 6k. If he had access to it from insurance fraud,etc... why such immediate desperation? And has anyone sleuthed his REAL age? My heart still breaks when considering BC's trust and excitement. PC should rot in hell hearing only that snippet of his sons voice.

The Minnesota court records I've looked at online, including an eviction case in 2004, show he was born in 1982, which means he is 33.

This isn't 'fair' to say, but something about this pic' says, "I am SO guilty" to me - anyone else ? http://www.startribune.com/authorit...from-pierre-collins-e-mail-account/302978291/
-
I believe it's TC_MN here, who's gone to court 2X already, posted that she thinks PC looks older than 33, and since he's from Liberia, and we know he's 'fiddled' with immigration sorts of documents', perhaps he chose to 'adjust' his age a bit when he came over to the USA?? It's ALL speculation, but, it sure would stand to reason that people would want to 'knock off some years', if they could get away with it....
-
As to PC and all of the lies - lies to present-wife (e.g., lying as to where he's going, what he's doing), turning his cell phone off at the Miss. River, then back on either when he gets back in his car (or, maybe when he arrived at Cub Foods Grocery?), hiding the laptop under the couch, all the lies to the police that we know about (lying about his whereabouts, lying that he didn't see Little Edwin, lying that his 'sister' was Little Edwin's mother to the police), and on and on ---- OOOPS !! I forgot about all of the insurance claims and accusations of fraud, and pending lawsuits (as to fire damage, auto wreck injury), juggling money paying life insurance premiums on his children, trying to increase life insurance policy values, etc., etc -- surely I'm forgetting SOMETHING ! WELL: I could never be a liar like that - I couldn't even try to pull off, say, a one-time remembering to turn my cell phone off then back on in order to deceive somebody !! I just couldn't remember all that sort of stuff ! Also, you know when you're living your life and just speaking the truth, and living with integrity, there is No fear, No twisting around stories, No forgetting what I said, No web of lies. I could NOT handle being a criminal & big liar - it would all be way too overwhelming for me - I just couldn't 'pull it off'.
-
One thing I wonder about... So, IMO, PC thought he was WAY smarter and craftier/trickier than everyone else: So, assuming PC is guilty, PC is not sitting in jail. Do you think PC is angry and could 'kick himself' for making mistakes? Do you think PC is second-guessing himself and wondering, 'Am I really just a dumb bumpkin who messed up and now I'm caught?' Or, is it possible that PC still is 'excited to go to trial' and believes he'll wind up freed and be able to go dig his buried $6,000 up (my guess...)??? I am thinking that 'the pastor' fed PC full of such thoughts and fantasies, but now that PC has been assigned a team of 2 experienced public defenders, well, I bet they are letting PC know that things don't look good for him, and, so, I bet reality is sinking in on PC (I can't imagine PC privately 1-to-1 screaming at his attorneys, as they meet with him 'you get me off!' - I just can't see that, because if PC were to blow up at his attorneys, it would only make PC look guilty (guiltier!), so PC is absolutely not free to blow up in anger at his 2 lawyers--- also, maybe he is such a con that he understands that if he gets mad at his own attorneys then they may feel soured about enjoying/wanting to work for PC...)

My heart still breaks when considering BC's trust and excitement.

I find the video with audio of Little Edwin on his school van to be very hauntingly upsetting and utterly heartbreaking. That beautiful robust little boy, so very excited about life, about being alive, 'spring in the air', utterly innocent and trusting, probably was super sweet to his two little 1/2 brothers, and a wonderful son to his stepmom. We know Louise, his mom/bio' mom, has spoken of what a wonderful son to her he was. The school principal spoke of how Little Edwin would try to save up his unused lunch money to send back to Louise in Liberia, and she told us that Little Edwin loved to 'hold the door' for others - he probably just beamed when he got to do that - can't you imagine??

If Little Edwin had been a boy from a truly loving and happy home, the apt. complex where he lived was idyllic - it is somewhat small, contained, 'safe', cozy, the kids safe to be out and about in the parking lot area (there's some grass and trees there, too, an adorable small playground out to the side...) Oh, what heartache -- that child should have felt SAFE. Goodness, this is so horrible..... I imagine when we learn more, sadly, about how this precious angel died, it will be just too horrific to have to grasp as truth of what took place....
-
On a side note, just read that Liberia has not had a new case of ebola for 42 days, so hope is that the epidemic has ended.

You truly can be happy now and rest safe, in God's :Ceaselessly Loving Arms, Little Edwin ! Never again to live in fear and terror...

This isn't 'fair' to say, but something about this pic' says, "I am SO guilty" to me - anyone else ? http://www.startribune.com/authorit...from-pierre-collins-e-mail-account/302978291/
-
I believe it's TC_MN here, who's gone to court 2X already, posted that she thinks PC looks older than 33, and since he's from Liberia, and we know he's 'fiddled' with immigration sorts of documents', perhaps he chose to 'adjust' his age a bit when he came over to the USA?? It's ALL speculation, but, it sure would stand to reason that people would want to 'knock off some years', if they could get away with it....

Or maybe he used someone else's documentation? If he was willing to let his sister use Edwin's birth certificate to show she was his mother when she wasn't, he might be willing to use someone else's documentation and assume that person's
birth date. Pure speculation, but when you're a liar, I tend to think you lie about more than one thing.

JMO.

I quickly found this 2000 USA government document - it states that of LEGITIMATE birth certificate documents, worldwide there are well over 14,000 forms! It also says birth certificate fraud is rampant: https://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-07-99-00570.pdf

Yup, when someone is known to lie to the police, to lie to a Judge in a court of law, one can only take everything the person says with total suspicion:
Honest people' can have utterly no idea where the lies begin or end, and everything about the person is suspect. (I couldn't pull-off all that lying - I'd flub up in just a nanosecond...:hot: )

Immigration fraud documentation has been rampant for years. I had a friend whose husband was substituted for a cousin from China. It was never a problem, and he has lived in the US for years, becoming a citizen about 30 years ago. All it takes is to convince an immigration official.

This probably means nothing, but there is a civic organization called Grand Gedeh Association in the Americas. Grand Gedeh is the name of a county in Liberia. The Association is for the purpose of fostering peace among Grand Gedeheans in North America and to help the people back in Grand Gedeh (such as provide assistance for education, health services, etc.). There are chapters in several states, including Minnesota.

I notice Pierre Collins on the list of members in 2013.
http://www.ggaa.us/articles/2013/05/19/ggaa-2013-membership-registration-list-0

But when you look at the local Minnesota chapter of members, he's not on the list. (I'm guessing this list is the current one, for 2014)
http://www.ggaa.us/chapter/minnesota

Again, this probably doesn't mean anything at all, except perhaps he was active in his community in 2013 and then was off the list for some reason - either didn't pay dues (which I think are $25/year), didn't want to be part of the group anymore, or at some point was removed. We obviously don't know the reason. But, it looks like in November and December 2014, the local Minnesota chapter started enforcing membership rules more strictly: http://www.mninfodesk.org/page2.

And, "...GGAA-MN chapter’s constitution which was adopted on November 29, 2014 at a mass meeting. In the new constitution, Grand Gedeans will have to apply for membership to the Association and when said membership is granted, the applicant will have to be active by participating in the activities of the Association as defined in the constitution."

Perhaps with the re-organization, PC simply didn't want to apply. Plus, it was a busy time for him after the apartment fire and moving to Crystal. None of this might mean anything, though it does give a little glimpse into his life before Edwin's (Barway's) disappearance.

I hope the civic group provides some comfort for PC's wife and children. I wish them well.

JMO

EDITED TO ADD: Hmm...he's not on the local list but is on the National List for January 2015 as are other Minnesotans not listed on the Minnesota site: http://www.ggaa.us/articles/2015/01/23/membership-registration

So...one of the websites hasn't been updated, which is not unusual as that happens with some organizations I'm involved with as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member