GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL, THIS IS JUST AWFUL IF IT'S TRUE: That article just posted reports that cause of death for Little Edwin (Barway) was drowning and being hit in the head - - I feared this - I, and I am sure so many of us here, are going to be quite upset and haunted - - I will be praying and praying. It just sickens me to know that dear precious little boy was duct taped and thrown in the icy waters alive, and inhaled the h20, drowning.

A note: If you scroll down in that article, the pic' of present-wife compared to the one of Louise/bio' mom at the gravesite (white jacket, black 'hat' of some sort covering her hair) - - well, they look like they could be one and the same person even !

Also, about the article, if the reporter is accurate, it sure sounds like at least one other man/Liberian neighbor likely IMO??? would sit in PC's car with him and talk about nuttin'. I wonder if it is true that PC would leave EVERY MORNING and say he was 'off to work'. If that were so, IMO, it wouldn't make sense to me that present wife would want to attend court, unless she is doing so out of love for the child and hopes for justice - - it would seem she'd be sickened to have to look at PC if that article is telling the truth....

I can't speak for how things are everywhere, but I worked for a Medicaid facility for 16 years. Each individual could have no more than $2000. If their account was $2001 at the close of their statement (1st of the month), they would lose their benefits. BUT--- here's the thing. If they got 8 kajillion dollars on the 3rd of the month and they spent it down throughout the month on approved items that do not count towards your assets, as long as you were below $2000 on the 1st, you were ok. (It might have been $2500, we used $2000 as our cutoff). I guarantee he knew all the loopholes and put money/ spent money/ "gave" money when he had to. Or, he could just be a big liar and not tell them. There is always that, too.

Excellent post! In California, recipients are supposed to declare all income, as well as anything they give away. Bank accounts are also subject to review at anytime.

RBBM: I think you're spot on (PBC = a lying liar who lies! :cow: )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was today's hearing about??
Today was the omnibus/pre-trial. I've never been to one so I'm not sure what was supposed to happen or what did happen. I'm going to have to wait until I get home to read the news lol

TC_MN: Thank you from all of us, for bearing witness to this trial. How beautiful that you care for this child, and his mom, that there be justice !

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get in

Your presence at the Courthouse is THOROUGHLY appreciated TC_MN!
:grouphug:
:tyou: for taking the time and making the effort for this precious child!
You being there lets the world know how much he mattered - and that he still matters.
That, in and of itself, is something that helps shine the light of truth and justice into the dark recesses of evil.

You are a :websleuther: Angel on earth for Barway Edwin :heartluv:
My faith allows me to believe he's smiling down upon you right now....
:floating:

That's just how I see it.....
:loveyou:
:bow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here ya' go, TC_MN:
MINNESOTA COURT RULES
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
Rule 11.The Omnibus Hearing
Rule 11.01Time and Place of Hearing
In felony and gross misdemeanor cases, if the defendant has not pled guilty, an Omnibus Hearing must be held.
(a) The Omnibus Hearing must start within 42 days of the Rule 5 appearance if it was not combined with the Rule 8 hearing, or within 28 days of the Rule 5 appearance if it was combined with the Rule 8 hearing.
(b) The Omnibus Hearing must be held in the district where the alleged offense occurred.
Rule 11.02Scope of the Hearing
If the prosecutor or defendant demands a hearing under Rule 8.03, the court must conduct an Omnibus Hearing and hear all motions relating to:
(a) Probable cause;
(b) Evidentiary issues;
(c) Discovery;
(d) Admissibility of other crimes, wrongs or bad acts under Minn. R. Evid. 404(b);
(e) Admissibility of relationship evidence under Minnesota Statutes, section 634.20;
(f) Admissibility of prior sexual conduct under Minn. R. Evid. 412;
(g) Constitutional issues;
(h) Procedural issues;
(i) Aggravated sentence;
(j) Any other issues relating to a fair and expeditious trial.
Rule 11.03General Procedures
(a) The court may receive evidence offered by the prosecutor or defendant on any omnibus issue. A party may cross-examine any witness called by any other party.
(b) Before or during the Omnibus Hearing or any other pretrial hearing, witnesses may be sequestered or excluded from the courtroom.
Rule 11.04Omnibus Motions
Subd. 1.Probable Cause Motions.(a) The court must determine whether probable cause exists to believe that an offense has been committed and that the defendant committed it.
(b) The prosecutor and defendant may offer evidence at the probable cause hearing.
(c) The court may find probable cause on the face of the complaint or the entire record, including reliable hearsay. Evidence considered on the issue of probable cause is subject to the requirements of Rule 18.05, subd. 1.
Subd. 2.Aggravated Sentence Motion.(a) If the prosecutor gave notice under Rule 7.03 or 19.04, subd. 6 of intent to seek an aggravated sentence, the court must determine whether the law and proffered evidence support an aggravated sentence. The court must also determine whether to conduct a unitary or bifurcated trial.
(b) In deciding whether to bifurcate, the court must determine whether the evidence supporting an aggravated sentence is otherwise admissible in the guilt phase of trial and whether a unitary trial would unfairly prejudice the defendant. The court must order a bifurcated trial if the evidence supporting an aggravated sentence includes evidence otherwise inadmissible at the guilt phase of the trial or if that evidence would unfairly prejudice the defendant in the guilt phase.
(c) If the court orders a unitary trial, the court may order separate final arguments on the issues of guilt and the aggravated sentence.
Rule 11.05Pretrial Conference
The Omnibus Hearing may also include a pretrial conference to determine whether the case can be resolved before trial.
Rule 11.06Continuances
The court may continue the hearing or any part of the hearing for good cause related to the case.
Rule 11.07Determination of Issues
The court must make findings and determinations on the omnibus issues in writing or on the record within seven business days of the Omnibus Hearing.
Rule 11.08Pleas ...
(a) If the defendant enters a plea other than guilty, a trial date must be set.

Thanks you guys. This is my 3rd visit to court for Edwin, so far they've been easy. I don't think the rest will be so, but I will be at every single one as long add I can get out of work.

I had a heart to heart with my supervisor today and she understands this is something I must do and she supports me <3

Today was the omnibus/pre-trial. I've never been to one so I'm not sure what was supposed to happen or what did happen. I'm going to have to wait until I get home to read the news lol

LOL! I'm on close terms with an expert named Google, so I checked:

"An omnibus hearing is a pretrial hearing. It is usually soon after a defendant's arraignment. The main purpose of the hearing is to determine the admissibility of evidence, including testimony and evidence seized at the time of arrest.

"The prosecutor and the defendant's counsel attend the hearing to discuss pretrial matters pertaining to the case."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_hearing

Thanks you guys. This is my 3rd visit to court for Edwin, so far they've been easy. I don't think the rest will be so, but I will be at every single one as long add I can get out of work.

I had a heart to heart with my supervisor today and she understands this is something I must do and she supports me <3

Thank you, and thanks to your supervisor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay