GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely convinced dad had anything to do with this. Here's why. If you watch the video that has the 4 squares with Barway in the top right, he appears to look to his left when he says there's my dad, then the van travels for a bit, and he looks to his right and says oh, my uncle is here. Then, if you Google map the apartments, it could be two different buildings at the points he makes those statements. Why would dad be at a different building, presuming he was dropped off at the one he lives at? Dad would have been at a different one.

I, maybe I'm gullible, feel the tears are genuine.

I/we have life insurance on all of our kids as well. I have small 10k sub policies through work benefits and we also have a separate policy on each kid through our insurance company. Those are more like place holder policies for when they turn 18. The younger you are when you take out the policy, the lower your rate will be. They are whole life policies, not term so they will have some money to start their college fund with should they need it.

I have no idea what Pierre took out on Barway tho.

Anyway, I'm not convinced, yet, that he caused his son to go missing.

I hope I'm right.

I read on WS once that people do not go out to search because they know there is no point to it. They know where the body is, so why bother

I read on WS once that people do not go out to search because they know there is no point to it. They know where the body is, so why bother

I am sad that they were not out there from day one searching for Barway..

The news started out so sketchy..Barway is maybe with a relative- etc.

The news made it out like it was going to be okay..

And not until many days later they are searching the river for his body - that's a big leap in determining what happened to Barway..

I am sorry to say this but if he had blonde hair/blue eyes this all would have been approached differently..

I hope his community pulls together and takes action - there is power in numbers and its wrong to sit back and assume the police will do everything- they need community presence as well..

I believe that the police initially said they believed firmly that Barway was with someone he knew because, if you go to the apartment complex (which I did) and see for yourself, where Barway was dropped off is a very 'cozy' area - the buildings are small and they all face the entryway doors and each apartment has a full balcony - Barway was in a short sleeved shirt, dropped off 'at the canopy' which means right at the door!! , and you can see a lady walk out the entryway door right next to Barway. There's a small parking area - it is a 'contained' area and anyone standing around there can easily see all of what's happening. No way would this be a stranger abduction.

TC_MN: I suggest you do a drive by, and then put what you see together with the school van video/audio ! The apartment complex is right where Cty. Rd. 81 and Bass Lake Road hit one another (on the SW side - you can see the apartments from the intersection).

Today, we had a little chilly spring storm come through - wind gusts up to 35 mph, heavy, cold rain for a short time. This is so very sad: This little boy is just GONE !

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/8d3f5729b09a41dd893c4cc19991f94c/MN--Missing-Boy-Minnesota

A Liberian community leader told the crowd of about 50 outside the Collins' apartment complex Saturday to "stand by the family in this moment of grief," the Star Tribune (http://strib.mn/1IHXp2W ) reported. "In our community, if we are not careful about how we disseminate information, you can almost find an innocent person guilty," Imam Mohammed Dukuly said.

"He's our brother, she's our sister," he said, pointing to Pierre Collins and Barway's stepmother, Yamah Collins. "Let us stand by the family in this moment of grief. Let us not decide who's guilty right now."

Speakers urged others to report any information they may have and allow authorities to finish their investigation. The hour of song and prayer was interspersed with the family's pleas for help in cracking the case.

Toward the end of the event, a spectator began shouting accusations at Pierre Collins, but friends came to Collins' defense, repeatedly yelling back at the man "Innocent until proven guilty."

I sent email to this 'expert on liars', and asked if she'd review the videos of the many Pierre Collins' press conferences (where he let reporters come into his home to chat with him over and over), etc.: http://www.eyesforlies.com/

There have to be a ton of cameras in that area.

Why aren't police asking for any videos?

I'm interested to know if Pierre's story of being at the store when Barway was dropped off panned out to be true. Maybe that's one of the things he's not being truthful about...? That would be one of the first clues that would be easy enough to verify, given surveillance cameras are functioning in the entrance or exit of the store he had been at. I am also curious what time the apartment cameras found Pierre leaving prior to the bus drop off and at what time he returned. I have no doubt law enforcement knows the answers to these questions, but my civilian mind is wondering.

TC_MN, every time I've watch the video of Barway in the van. I've thought the same thing. He points out his dad quite a ways ahead of when the van actually pulls up to the apartment complex. The van isn't going incredibly fast, but you can tell from the window that it's moving at a decent speed down the street.

The only marriage record I've had any luck tracking down for Pierre is to his ex-wife that's been talking to media. Has anyone been able to figure out if he's legally married currently? It appears to have been a ceremony by a justice of the peace from Facebook photos, but I cannot find an actual record of the legal marriage. Just one angle I've tried to figure out but have come up short.

Also, does anyone know what states Pierre may have lived in since coming to the US? He's had a number of Minnesota addresses, but I'm sure there are non-Minnesota assesses previously. I'm thinking there may be out of state connections.

I know his name was legally changed from Barlee Smith to Pierre Collins in 2008 from news articles, but I haven't found any court records of this name change. If I remember correctly, when you get married you can change your name at that point in time to pretty much whatever you please. I'm guessing this holds true for getting a divorce as well. Otherwise, name changes involve a court hearing with a judge, correct? The ex-wife in the news states a 2013 divorce and I believe I read that they were married for 3.5 years. Was there perhaps a marriage and divorce before this when his name change occurred?

I feel like I'm grasping at straws here trying to piece some things together, but you never know what you may find, I guess, when you look into different angles.

Over the past 24 hours, I feel as though I can physically feel the momentum of this missing person's case slowing down. We're still looking for you, Barway!

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...f-missing-4th-grader-barway-collins-a-suspect I hear Barway say, 'There's my dad.' But I can't hear him say 'Oh my uncle is here' ----- does that happen when Barway points with his finger??? And, some other little kid in the van is 'talking over' Barway at the same time??
Uncle part is at :22 then right after that the sound part ends. It's when He's pulling away the seatbelt straps. IMO the van was turning after the dad part at the beginning, that's how I was picturing it anyhow. I'm not sure if dad was at apt building or in car (headed to store).

Uncle part is at :22 then right after that the sound part ends. It's when He's pulling away the seatbelt straps. IMO the van was turning after the dad part at the beginning, that's how I was picturing it anyhow. I'm not sure if dad was at apt building or in car (headed to store).
I thought of that too, when he said he saw his dad, did he see dad in dad's car, and dad would be telling the truth when he said he was going to get food?

No news. Anywhere. What is going on??? The fear this young boy must be feeling. His mom is a continent away. It makes me sad to think he is alive somewhere...away from his friends,his school, his siblings,etc...BUT the alternative makes me sadder. Ugh

<snipped>
The Crystal Police Department has said Pierre is a suspect in Barway's disappearance. He didn't do well in a lie detector test, and according to Fox 9 sources, Pierre took out a $30,000 life insurance policy on his son before he went missing.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...about-barways-disappearance-raises-suspicions

I don't remember reading about the lie detector test before.

This is an older article, so maybe I just missed it/ it slipped my mind:

<snipped>
Chief Revering said Pierre Collins has taken a lie detector test, and investigators believe he hasn't been completely truthful with police. Mr. Collins is not currently in police custody.

“I would never do that do my son. Where we come from, our African culture, we don't do that to children, we protect them until they grow and they go on their own,” he said.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...ng-barway-collins-suspected-father-from-day-1

Just what is he referring to when he says, "we don't do that to children"? (emphasis added)

I hope by some miracle that Barway is somewhere safe.

i hope barway is safe, by a miracle.

if barway is gone, i hope dad (if responsible) will lead LE to the body so he can be properly buried.

if this is all for money, if a TEN year old got killed for money, that's so incredibly sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62