GUILTY MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the great accounting of what things look like. The google map is older and the canopies are a different color now. I deducted the canopy with the circle based on it NOT having a giant tree across from it, and because the you could see the canopy and entrance from a pretty good distance as it approached (from long parking lot?). Can you verify that I circled the correct canopy? Based on the video and your drive through, can you describe where he walked from, and what the big green thing is in the background behind him as he walks up?

I went to the NGrace site, and I can't find the video clip with 'the big green thing' - link please :) and then I'll reply. Coincidentally, I expect that I actually will be driving right by the apartment complex today!

I want to emphasize that the little rectangular parking area with the little 3 story apartment buildings and their entryways is just so very 'cozy' - - everything going on there would be readily seen and heard by anyone around. ... pretend you're in a 'normal' sized McDonalds - that parking area is like being in one end of the McDonalds and you can easily see the other end, but with there being little/small 3 story apartment buildings nestled in real 'tight', whoever was there could also easily hear anything going on, as well as easily seeing whatever was happening. This is why, since I myself went in the little parking lot rectangle, with my own eyes, there is but a one in a gwa-billion chance that there could have been a stranger abduction of this little boy --- PLUS, moments before the school van stops, Barway sees his dad and 'uncle' outside, close by, and from the apartment entryway video, it seems near 100 percent likely that someone Barway knew and trusted called to him from the little parking lot.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28741466/body-found-along-interstate-90-in-southern-minnesota

The Freeborn County sheriff has confirmed a body was found Tuesday along Interstate 90 in southern Minnesota. In a news release, Sheriff Kurt Freitag said the body was found near the SuperAmerica at the junction of I-90 and Highway 13.

Not much information regarding age, race, etc...

Edited to add:
In a news release, Sheriff Kurt Freitag said the remains appear to be those of a man and "appear to have been there for a number of years."

Wonder who it could be?

OH, NO - MORE BAD NEWS IMHO....

Pierre Collins 'last' wife, Jennifer Beaver of western Wisconsin, has spoken out in more detail:
"He was very mean to Edwin, made threats to him, threatening to kill him or beat the heck out of him; he's not a nice man," she said.
Barway's middle name is Edwin. .... When asked about the $30,000 life insurance policy Collins had on his son and other policies on his children with Beaver, she answered, "It wouldn't surprise me. Pierre is money hungry; everything is about money. Beaver accused him of physically abusing the kids, she said, "Just because he didn't get charged, doesn't mean he didn't hurt the children. He can't see the children, there's a reason." ... On March 18, the former couple had a day in court because Collins was months behind in child support. It was the same day Barway disappeared."

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3757781.shtml?cat=1
Okay... some of this could be the ex lying to punish PC.

However, the fact that they were in court earlier that same day us freaking the crap out of me. You don't have to pay child support if there is no child to support.

Mary, do you feel Barway is still alive somewhere?

Another note: Pierre Collins said he needed to go buy milk and baby food, and he told police he drove 10-15 mins. or so to Cub Foods, a big local chain. IMO, no 3-4 y old child still needs to eat baby food - that sounds bogus. And, if Pierre Collins needed to get milk, there is a super duper bargain grocery store - I know for a fact many Liberians are buying food in this store day-in and day-out -- and it is called Aldi, and it is literally two minutes by car or by foot from Pierre Collins' apartment (it's kinda 'kiddy corner' to that apartment complex, and across a busy intersection with stop lights). The Aldi grocery store chain is known locally to have The Best Prices on milk, eggs, fruits, vegetables, meats, frozen seafood, etc. - Aldi's is a very popular store with bargain prices all the time---if you're watching pennies and seek value, then Aldi is the place to buy your groceries. The Cub Foods store is a big local chain, too, but the prices are notorious as nearly all huge rip-offs (e.g., $4 for a 14 oz. can of organic black beans, $4.50 for a 4 oz. Amy's frozen veggie burrito! - no fooling !) except for carefully watching their weekly ad and bi-weekly coupon books which usually have a few 'real' bargain.
This is very interesting and certainly raises a lot of flags. Why indeed would he drive across town, spending more gas and paying higher prices?

I went to the NGrace site, and I can't find the video clip with 'the big green thing' - link please :) and then I'll reply. Coincidentally, I expect that I actually will be driving right by the apartment complex today!
It's the n grace video that is split into 4 squares. In the top left it shows Barway walking up to the doors as the lady is walking out of them. I want to know what is behind him.

It's the n grace video that is split into 4 squares. In the top left it shows Barway walking up to the doors as the lady is walking out of them. I want to know what is behind him.
I believe the support order is for the 4 kids in WI, not Barway
Okay... some of this could be the ex lying to punish PC.

However, the fact that they were in court earlier that same day us freaking the crap out of me. You don't have to pay child support if there is no child to support.

Mary, do you feel Barway is still alive somewhere?

It gets curiouser and curiouser.
And I ger furiouser and furiouser.
:tantrum:

I need somebody to give me a link to view the correct NGrace video, please. I checked the 2 videos I saw at that site, and neither was the 'cut into 4 section' video.

The Pastor said Pierre Collins bought life insurance policies on all 4 of his kids 'three years ago'. Pierre Collins has 2 kids a little younger than 10 y old Barway with his 'new' wife (who is wife no. 3,4??). On FB_ _ k, Pierre imo posts pics' of this 'new' wife in which he imo seems to think he has a 'hot' wife. The youngest kid of Pierre Collins then must be age 3-4 years old, so what 3-4 year old kids NEEDS to have baby food ??? Maybe 'new' wife liked Barway and that made Dad/Pierre Collins angry and jealous? Maybe apartment living was too 'tight' for Pierre Collins and he wanted more space? How about wanting 'one less mouth to feed'? In the school van video, Barway looks like one adorable lively little boy - maybe the kid got on Dad's nerves? Pierre Collins 'last' wife, the blonde from western Wisconsin, says 'It's all about money (for Dad)', and she said Dad would threaten to kill Barway....

All I can tell ya' is that today I was in the Aldi near little Barway's apartment, and was behind two Liberian ladies in the loooong check out line. Both of them knew ALL ABOUT the creepy Pastor and the 'fake' police department men !! I was really surprised ! They said they both think the Dad 'did it' and they both even brought up that Dad could have deliberately misled the police about the Mississippi River being the 'drop site' !! I was really shocked at how much they knew about the case and how very cynical of the 'players' they were !

It's a cold day here in Minnesota, and as I drove through the area of little Barway's apartment, I noticed little Barway had a little playground with a brightly colored spiral-type slide - so very sad. It is brrr cold here - I put my warmest coat on this afternoon to be outside. It is so Not Right that an innocent little ten year old boy is poof - gone.

The Pastor still REALLY burns me up with his 'camera/attention seeking' behavior and his dressing up in bright flashy suits. The Pastor reminds me of olden days when HLN was Court TV and in one trial, there was this reporter full of makeup and bling bling and poofed long hair, her name was Aphrodite Jones -- when Nancy Grace and Beth Karas would be sitting in their director chairs, literally, that Aphrodite Jones would slowly walk backkkk and forthhhh, backkkk and forthhh behind them, on her cell phone, FOR SURE, all deliberate to be on camera. I'm sure a few of us Older Timers here remember that - I think it was the Scott Peterson trial, but can't remember for sure... I don't know if Pierre Collins is guilty or not - NONE of us know - and CERTAINLY NOT THE PASTOR !! And, the Pastor talks of 'the Bible' omgosh - hey, Jesus said 'Judge not !!!' --- the Pastor has NO BUSINESS claiming Pierre Collins is innocent ! imo it's money grubbing...

Minnesota Mary, thanks for your input. I, too, believe the Mississippi River was a ruse, that Barway was taken somewhere else. Is he still alive? I just don't have a feel for yes or no. Yes, because it could all be about money that PC either received for Barway or thought he would get in donations. No, because it could all be about money, meaning he would need to take care of one less child. The ex in WI's comment about PC's treatment of Barway is disturbing.

The two ladies I met today think the child's been murdered. I, sadly, think so, too, because when we see Barway on his little school bus, he's bubbly and chatty, and smiley and friendly, big happy smile in his school picture, and we saw how he was dressed up with those adorable red sneakers and cute red backpack and adorable short sleeved white 'school shirt', cute dark dress trousers, belt - such an adorable, delightful little boy - so very innocent and precious. If Barway got 'sold' to someone, or if, otherwise Barway is alive and SOMEWHERE, that little boy would be broken-hearted and upset - no fun for anyone to be around.

I feel very sad. I lean to the theory that Dad/named Suspect Pierre Collins was over-the-cliff furious with ex-wife, the child support hearing, being a deadbeat with never enough money, hostile to little Barway, maybe one of those men who feel jealousy of not being the total center of attention.

I forgot to say this, too: Since Pierre Collins had to be at child support court that day for a 'six month' followup, I have the feeling he doesn't hold down any sort of responsible job, has no employer, no regular paycheck. I wish somebody here could pin that down - could somebody simply phone the blonde Wisconsin ex-wife and ask her - for sure she'd openly say what she knows.

If PC said he went to the grocery in direction A, and the river is direction B, I think Barway is in location C, which completes the triangle.

It gets curiouser and curiouser.
And I ger furiouser and furiouser.
:tantrum:

I'm still so irritated with the lackadaisical start to this case. :scared:

"They believe" and "they think" he's safe and with someone "he may know" or "he knows" but that they didn't know who that may be or where he might be is NOT how you react to missing 10 year olds in 30 degree weather in March - especially maintaining that and appearing unconcerned for days! :facepalm:

A couple thoughts to add....

When I was at Saturday's search, I really was not of the feeling that Barway was by the river. I'm not quite sure how to describe why I felt that way. I guess one reason is that this time of year, everything is barren, brown and dead. When I was walking along the river, the area actually goes right up to people's back yards. At one point, we couldn't go any further north because we'd literally be trespassing through people's yards with their houses right there. My sister and I noted that despite the many trees and brush in the area along the river, because everything is dead and dry at this time of year, it's completely wide open and a clear view for quite a ways - not exactly a conspicuous spot to go if you were going to (I hate to speak these words aloud) harm someone or discard of a body. We noted that as we searched along the river, there were a number of people either in their backyards or back windows watching the searchers. The area we searched was close enough to these houses that the owners had clear view straight through to the water. Not to mention, everything has said that Pierre was at the river between 4 and 6pm - still daylight hours, and still bright outside. I searched until at least 6:30 on Saturday and never worried about the daylight. I just didn't feel like the area was right... And just didn't have the gut feeling that Barway is at the river.

In regards to going to Aldi instead of Cub - I believe Aldi requires cash payment? Something weird along those lines - I can't remember as I've only visited the store once and wasn't a fan. I believe you also need to bring your own bags. Aldi's selection is also very limited, so if Pierre was shopping for anything specific (i.e. baby food?) perhaps he knew from previous experience that he was buying something Aldi doesn't sell.

MinnesotaMary, the link I provided in post #292 has the Nancy Grace video that's divided between 4 screens. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/03/25/barway-collins-surveillance-video-school-bus-father-questioned

Edited for typos.

Note: If I were going to go on a search, I'd go with the 3 mothers' group, or the 2 other MN search groups, NOT that fake police non-profit group who led Saturday's search !

As much as I appreciate any and all searchers, I agree with this statement after going on Saturday's search with the "fake" police officers. There is a FB group led by Minnesota United and Christopher's Legacy (Hand-in-Hand Search for Barway Collins), which is run by people who've been effected by missing persons' cases in the past and help to plan and lead searches for missing Minnesotans. This group seems much better trained and knowledgeable about searching, compared to the Find Barway Collins group that had the community security guys dressed as police officers. The Christopher's Legacy group was helpful in locating the body of Christopher Rossing towards the end of 2014. They also led a search last Saturday, but at 9am and had about 20 volunteers. The "fake" officer group searched at 3pm and had about 70-80 volunteers. Both groups were in different areas, quite a distance apart. I was hesitant to partake in a search to begin with because I've never done one and worried that it would hinder the investigation police are doing if not done correctly and/or not welcome by police. After the disorganized search I attended last Saturday at 3pm, if I do participate in any more it will be with the Minnesota United group who has much more knowledge and expertise in this field.

IMO, if you look at the news video of Barway's Dad 'searching' the Mississippi riverbank (baseball cap pulled down, hoodie up and tied tight around his face), he sure looks to me IMHO like he knows he's totally wasting his time poking in the leaves with his walking stick! The Dad even looks downright angry to me... this is my opinion.

The dad was at the search I went to, and for a while was right next to my sister and I before the search began. I like to believe I am fairly decent at judging people's feelings and emotions, and I didn't get a sense of anger from him at all on Saturday. He looked tired, worried and anxious... All to be expected given the circumstances (whatever they might be), but not anger. I agree with others who have said it's ironic that he works "partake" in a search along the river for his son, when he's named a suspect and the reason they've been searching the river is because police believe he committed the crime there and know he was in the area between 4 and 6pm. I don't know, I could be very wrong, but I would hope a lawyer with any sense (does Pierre have one at this point? Or is that who this pastor guy is supposed to be?) would tell a client who is named a suspect by the police NOT to go and search for evidence in the area they believe the crime took place....

Aldi did start as cash only then went to debit card w/ PIN. At least the one I frequent accepts all forms of payment including SNAP/EBT.

I find it odd that neither the back pack nor Barway has been found in the Mississippi River. You can bet there have been official boat searches by LE along the river. Navigation officially opened the week of March 20.

Terrific posts !

1. What that green box is is some sort of electrical box common at the smaller, older local apartment complexes. You used to see the 'land line' phone company stop at it. Now, you see the cable/internet company fiddle in it.

2. The time Pierre Collins looked mad to me is one one news video, he's walking at the edge of the river and stumbles with his walking stick, and then he 'catches himself' and pokes the walking stick around like he's searching for clues - he then quickly turns his head sharp INTO A TELEVISION CAMERA RIGHT BEHIND HIM, and looks mad to me, like 'dang, they're watching me'.

3. About the police initially say, 'We think Barway is with someone he knows and hope he's 'ok'', well, in hindsight, I am thinking the police were coached to say that (like by FBI profilers?-- all a plan) and hoped that if Pierre and 'Uncle' hadn't yet murdered Barway, they would stop and rethink their plan and have the little boy miraculously show up and they'd come up with some hokey explanation for the disappearance.

4. On FB_ _ k, the still pics' of Pierre's two youngest children with his 'new' wife have the littlest kid look to be like a kid who's age 3 1/2-4. In a video of Pierre holding that littlest boy, tho', the kid looks like he could be 2-3 y old. Could the 'Pastor' have told a lie when he said Pierre bought 4 life insurance policies on those kids over three years ago??? If the little kid is age 3-4, it would not make sense that he can't eat table foods.

5. Yes, Aldi threw me off, too, the 1st time I went in there - how you have to 'buy bags' for 3 cents, but the prices are so stunningly cheap that most people happily bring their own bags or pay the 3 cents for the reusable bags. After I got over the initial 'jolt', I just started carrying reusable bags in my car -- in Minnesota, it's common in all the stores now for people to bring in their own reusable shopping bag fyi. Yesterday at Aldi, for e.g., I got 2 8 oz. containers of lovely fresh mushrooms for 99 cents @, a nice big Dole celery for $1.19, lg. eggs for $1.48, 1 lb. frozen med. cooked shrimp for $6.99. Packs of 3 huge green peppers or packs of 1yellow/1red/1green pepper - big ones - often are $1.59. All the 'regular' bars of the different kinds of cheeses and shaved cheeses are $2.60/lb.! (I buy the 12 oz bar of extra sharp cheddar for $1.79). 'Fake' A-1 sauce, just like the real thing, is 99 cents !

Aldi takes cash, visa, and, I think maybe the most popular payment there is the Food Stamp credit card.

5. I also was driving along the highway here, around the I-94 and 694 area of the Mississippi River banks. Somehow, my gut feels like you said: Barway isn't here.

6. Yes, it sure is crazy for Pierre to be searching for his son at the M. River, where he lied and told the police he WASN'T ! I think Pierre feels total trust in his Pastor, and I imagine the Pastor told Pierre it's ok for him to totally trust the Fake Police Department.

7. I have a personal theory as to why the Fake Police Department kept all you searchers waiting for nearly two hours: Their Fake Police Uniforms weren't heavily starched enough, so they waited at the dry cleaner for correction. I think they then had to go find a computer, a working computer, then, a working computer with internet service, then a working computer with a printer, then, a working computer with working internet with a working printer, then go buy some paper for the printer, LOL, and then they googled around for 'How To Search A Crime Scene' and that's what took them so long to get those instructions over to read to the group ! LOL

I have not seen official word that the backpack and shoe found are not his. Last I saw they were going to analyze. Police have been super quiet lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter