Identified! MN - Blue Earth, WhtFem 183UFMN, 20-35, May'80 - Michelle Busha

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question for anyone who has suggestions for a newbie in searching for matches. I've noticed on BEJDs NamUs profile there are no rule outs listed. If I were to run across someone who might be a match (ETA to add rest of post) is it best to send info to agency in charge of the case? I'm pouring over a lot of the "how to" info and am hoping this is what I am understanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for anyone who has suggestions for a newbie in searching for matches. I've noticed on BEJDs NamUs profile there are no rule outs listed. If I were to run across someone who might be a match (ETA to add rest of post) is it best to send info to agency in charge of the case? I'm pouring over a lot of the "how to" info and am hoping this is what I am understanding.

This website contains a list of persons who have been considered.

http://mavweb.mnsu.edu/bittid/missingperson.htm

Not all have been ruled out, but their names are already in the mix.

This website contains a list of persons who have been considered.

http://mavweb.mnsu.edu/bittid/missingperson.htm

Not all have been ruled out, but their names are already in the mix.

Thank you! I've been pouring over the names and info.

Jane Doe was found May 30, 1980 when a farmer came across her decomposed, body floating in a ditch just off Interstate 90, a few miles east of Blue Earth, Minnesota. The only clue to her death were the remains of a cord still wrapped around her neck and the only clues to her identity, which still remains a mystery, are as follows:

Approximate Height: 5' 3"
Approximate Weight: 128 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Unknown
Identifying Marks: Overbite, left ear pierced, right ear piercing unknown, both feet heavily calloused, teeth showed some crowding. More Case Info)

The Medical examiner's report suggested she may have been between the ages of 20-35 years and Caucasian. Because the autopsy was performed in 1980 and prior to today's technological advances, this data should not be used to exclude other possibilities.

https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/bittid/welcome.htm

I'm worried that our BEJD was never actually reported missing. Praying I am wrong.

Regarding the ID card and sweater found under the overpass - The ID card listed the name of "Fidencia I. De Parede" and an address of "918 Glasgow, Dallas Texas".

The more common Spanish surname is Paredes (spanish for "Walls"). "Pared" is the singular form of the word. "Parede" is the Portugese singular form of the word, but if her name was Portugese, I believe that it would be preceded by "Da", not "De".

Having said all that, I found in Ancestry.com a Fidencia I Paredes with December 18, 1954 DOB and an address "912 Glasgow" in Dallas. Her age is about right to have been BEJD. The address in Ancestry is only a couple of houses away from the address on the card. It looks like this is same the woman whose card was found under the overpass.

ETA: The same woman is also listed in Peoplefinders with a couple of addresses and phone numbers. The "I" stands for Ibarra.

It would seem that this woman is still alive, or if not, was alive after 1980.

I'm wondering if the ID and sweater are a coincidence? Migrant workers are common in this area.

I thought LE had checked out Sra. De Paredes and ruled out a connection? Or am I thinking of a different case?

O/T Paredes is a town in Castille/La Mancha; a name like Ibarra de Parades would generally indicate an older family with a more prominent position. No bearing on thecase; I just thought it was interesting :)

I have come across this case before. I was able to locate Fidencia de Parede online and pass the tip on to another website that had a detailed profile of the Doe.

FIdP is still in Dallas, aged 55-60 (i.e., within the Doe age range) and had been contacted. She was unable to explain the loss of her ID card but she isn't the Doe and apparently isn't aware of any connections.

I do like the Hare Krishna theory though - it explains well the callused feet and the shaven head.

^^^^^

From earlier in this thread it seems IF this is the correct petson the ID card is probably not relevant IMO

I have touched base with the LE listed as managing this case to see if there have been any updates as well as Deb who is up-keeping the website.

I live in MN & have driven by the site where Blue Earth Jane Doe was left. I-90 is not as heavily traveled as you'd think. There would have been plenty of opportunity for someone to kill her & dump her with how remote that area is, especially during the odd hours of the night. I also believe this site is not too far from a campground, although I can't remember if the exit to that area is before or after the area she was found. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I have a case file made for her. She is one of my "pet cases" because I'm not too far from where she is found & I'm familiar with Blue Earth, which is a small, dinky little town. I've always thought she wanted to head out west because of the side of the interstate she was found

My husband is on I90 at least weekly (truck driver). He mentioned that even today (let alone decades ago) many people pay no mind to someone on the side of the road...especially a semi or squad car. Frightening. Passed by the spot last weekend on our way through and left her a rose.

Just left some messages with Faribault County Coroner as well as the DPS Missing Person's Clearinghouse to inquire about officially reported rule outs.

My husband is on I90 at least weekly (truck driver). He mentioned that even today (let alone decades ago) many people pay no mind to someone on the side of the road...especially a semi or squad car. Frightening. Passed by the spot last weekend on our way through and left her a rose.

Thank you for doing that.

Your husband is right about vehicles beside the road. I was driving on the eastern end of I-90 today, driving to visit my daughter for lunch, and I must have passed at least half a dozen vehicles pulled over beside the road, not counting cop cars. One was clearly a breakdown and one was clearly a mother holding a kid throwing up in the ditch, but the others could have been anything.

I am thinking the contact for the coroner on NAMUS needs to be updated. After 3 calls they have come to the conclusion it is an outdated resource. Call into the sherriff to try to get an appropriate contact name/number. I will also call the gal who started the web site for BEJD to see if she has any thoughts.

Whoa. I did not expect that!

I don't see her on a quick search of the public databases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back