MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. Divers CAN still dive, but I'm guessing they won't be doing this unless it's a private effort. We have snow and freezing temps, and LE has other cases and limited resources. Bottom line is LE searches aren't forever. The family needs to consider other sources.

On another line of thinking, no statement from family. No police statements. And, no searchers needed. This is bizarre. Most missing persons cases have daily updates.
I was thinking about this last night. Given the lack of information and updates about this, LE and family know something we don’t and are not sharing. What did they find on that FaceTime call and/or in those 1st two days of the search? After that, everything went silent and they suspended the search. I keep thinking about the police chief saying early on they have a bit of information they are keeping quiet out of respect for the family. The Kare11 news reporter went silent after saying he didn’t know what the missing piece of information is. A sister-in-law of Bryce posted on the Eagan police FB site quite a few times early on, then also went silent saying she would not answer any more questions out of respect for the family. That was right after people were asking her questions about the phone call.

I have to wonder if Bryce would have gone back into no man’s land just by accident. He seemed to walk the roads of Eagan and along those tracks without too many problems…all the way to the ponds and around them…from the K9 map. When I walked by those ponds, that huge building next to them that had the search and rescue in the lot, seemed to me very visible and right next to the tracks with a few trees in between in spots. If he wanted to get back to civilization, he could have there IMO. I doubt he could miss that building even in the dark, but I need to go back there in the dark to find out how visible it is.
So I question whether he ran into trouble by those ponds or maybe he chose to be there? Just some thoughts.

Yesterday, I wondered if he'd taken something on that party bus that was making him confused and forgetful.

Now I'm wondering if he may have taken something that was making him 'freak out' and have a bit of a psychiatric break or suicidal tendencies.

Because I can understand how he may have become confused with direction, but to keep going in the other direction when there were signs of civilization not too far away (and also lights that would have been seen in the distance) makes no sense.

How was he SO drunk he didn't know he was heading into wilderness, yet was still able to walk that far?

I am uncertain if he's in the ponds as we haven't had any news of the K9 units actually detecting his scent there, and I just can't see how he'd willingly end up in boggy ponds.

Yes, a tie was found, but would a 20 year old university student wear a tie on a party bus? It sounds a bit over-dressed, so I don't think it belongs to him.

If he was murdered by someone nefarious hanging around in a parking lot, or by hwy 13, I don't think they would have taken his body with them, but likely robbed him/killed him and left him there.

So I'm a bit confused about what's happened, but I don't think we have anywhere near the full story or all the details. There's much more we are missing. And why are LE nor his family releasing anything?

MOO.

Yesterday, I wondered if he'd taken something on that party bus that was making him confused and forgetful.

Now I'm wondering if he may have taken something that was making him 'freak out' and have a bit of a psychiatric break or suicidal tendencies.

Because I can understand how he may have become confused with direction, but to keep going in the other direction when there were signs of civilization not too far away (and also lights that would have been seen in the distance) makes no sense.

How was he SO drunk he didn't know he was heading into wilderness, yet was still able to walk that far?

I am uncertain if he's in the ponds as we haven't had any news of the K9 units actually detecting his scent there, and I just can't see how he'd willingly end up in boggy ponds.

Yes, a tie was found, but would a 20 year old university student wear a tie on a party bus? It sounds a bit over-dressed, so I don't think it belongs to him.

If he was murdered by someone nefarious hanging around in a parking lot, or by hwy 13, I don't think they would have taken his body with them, but likely robbed him/killed him and left him there.

So I'm a bit confused about what's happened, but I don't think we have anywhere near the full story or all the details. There's much more we are missing. And why are LE nor his family releasing anything?

MOO.
I am sure it was a party bus for Halloween and kids were in costumes and dressed up. I think it was confirmed he had a tie on and the one found was his.

And IMO, drinking alone can sometimes bring out dark thoughts in people.

We know from many self-harm cases on here that bodies aren't discovered until months or years later.
True, but the area, despite grass/bushes, is relatively open. I have not heard an indication he had mental problems or was depressed, but maybe that's why we're not hearing from the family.

Good info. Thx
IMO
Facetime... I'm an android user but I'm familiar with it. Just using your phone while intoxicated would seem to be a challenge. I have a hard enough time if I'm tired.
But being able enough to use your phone for 12 minutes without dropping the phone physically or dropping the call by pushing the wrong button. I'm just trying to imagine myself walking and talking and holding the phone while intoxicated.
Prays

Good info. Thx
IMO
Facetime... I'm an android user but I'm familiar with it. Just using your phone while intoxicated would seem to be a challenge. I have a hard enough time if I'm tired.
But being able enough to use your phone for 12 minutes without dropping the phone physically or dropping the call by pushing the wrong button. I'm just trying to imagine myself walking and talking and holding the phone while intoxicated.
Prays
I have a feeling kids can probably FaceTime in their sleep. Lol. Walking back in no man’s land and navigating around while intoxicated seems more of stretch to me.

Shoveled last night, but snow was back this morning. Another 1 - 2 is coming today with more snow forecast daily for the rest of the week. Temp this morning was 25 with similar temps to follow. Might be a slight weather break next week. IMO search is done until spring.

Shoveled last night, but snow was back this morning. Another 1 - 2 is coming today with more snow forecast daily for the rest of the week. Temp this morning was 25 with similar temps to follow. Might be a slight weather break next week. IMO search is done until spring.
How as a parent do you deal with that? I don’t understand what happened to him, and I think I am more confused than 2 weeks ago and out of thoughts and ideas. With no info or updates, I am not sure anyone will ever know. And I wonder if anything will be communicated even if and when he is found, given the secrecy so far.
Heartbreaking.

How as a parent do you deal with that? I don’t understand what happened to him, and I think I am more confused than 2 weeks ago and out of thoughts and ideas. With no info or updates, I am not sure anyone will ever know. And I wonder if anything will be communicated even if and when he is found, given the secrecy so far.
Heartbreaking.
With no updates and nothing from family and friends it really makes me wonder what the rest of the story is. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back