MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was driving a little outside the area where BB was last known to be last night and found a piece of clothing. I left a message on a PD tip line given. After catching up with the pages since Saturday, I was reading some other theories of people believing he may have had more than just alcohol. In my experience of being drunk and/or high, I have walked amazing distances. As dumb as that may sound, it's facts. The average walking speed for a person (in his age group) is 3-4 mph. Is it fair to assume about half that speed with him being in an impaired state, it being dark and on uneven terrain? Even half that speed is past the search box presented in local news reports (Suspected lost area map here). Regardless, we can agree there are things that aren't being said and perhaps some of the story is missing. PD may know more than they are letting on. Maybe he's closer to the holding ponds and maybe he's not. Either way, we will keep looking until we hear otherwise.

I was driving a little outside the area where BB was last known to be last night and found a piece of clothing. I left a message on a PD tip line given. After catching up with the pages since Saturday, I was reading some other theories of people believing he may have had more than just alcohol. In my experience of being drunk and/or high, I have walked amazing distances. As dumb as that may sound, it's facts. The average walking speed for a person (in his age group) is 3-4 mph. Is it fair to assume about half that speed with him being in an impaired state, it being dark and on uneven terrain? Even half that speed is past the search box presented in local news reports (Suspected lost area map here). Regardless, we can agree there are things that aren't being said and perhaps some of the story is missing. PD may know more than they are letting on. Maybe he's closer to the holding ponds and maybe he's not. Either way, we will keep looking until we hear otherwise.
Was the piece of clothing anything the reports mentioned that he had on that night?

When I was walking around the ponds last weekend, I noticed a white undershirt on the ground. I did not report it as it was practically on the path to the ponds and there were and had been searchers and K9s all over that day. I figured if it was his they would have already picked it up.

Last edited:
Was the piece of clothing anything the reports mentioned that he had on that night?
It was not anything that was reported found already. It matches what he could have been wearing.

If LE even considers he is still out there somewhere, why would they call off the ground searches after 2 days and have nothing on the news since saying he is still missing and to keep looking or calling in with tips? Confusing to me.
That's what has me confused too. I've contemplated numerous times driving or walking that area at 2am on a Sunday morning just to see what his POV could have been. There is a company at YD & Terminal that has a 3rd shift operating, just not sure if there's a shift Saturday-Sunday. Saw numerous people out smoking in that lot when I was out last night.

It was not anything that was reported found already. It matches what he could have been wearing.

That's what has me confused too. I've contemplated numerous times driving or walking that area at 2am on a Sunday morning just to see what his POV could have been. There is a company at YD & Terminal that has a 3rd shift operating, just not sure if there's a shift Saturday-Sunday. Saw numerous people out smoking in that lot when I was out last night.
IMO, from walking those tracks during the day, many buildings and lots were visible. If they were visible at night (which I don’t know), especially that huge building next to the ponds, one might think he would have cut back into the industrial area if he wanted to. Why keep walking the tracks or the fields/woods/marshes? Unless he was totally out of it. But he knew he was lost as soon as he crossed back into the woods from the industrial area, so he could not have been that out of it. And typically people sober up more after time and walking. Also, if LE thought he walked farther, they would have extended the search area, right?

If people are assuming there's more LE knows and isn't saying, what are the options for what that could be? To me, anything I can think of can quickly be ruled out.

Suicide seems highly unlikely IMO, because if he wanted to be alone to harm himself, he wouldn't have called his friends to tell them he was lost.

Foul play was already ruled out by police according to this article by a local Fox affiliate.

Last night I was thinking maybe he got into a fight with the friends he was with, and that's why he left their apartment to walk home. But then it wouldn't make sense for BB to call them when he got lost.

None of us have a crystal ball. But based on other cases that have later been resolved, what are the possibilities for something police would hold back that isn't foul play or suicide? I can't think of even one single option.

Personally, I am keeping an eye out for an obituary. It seems likely that based on their desire for privacy the family is probably not going to provide further public updates.

Bryce's parents only have two kids, so half of their family is missing. I could not imagine keeping silent and JMO, but I think the public needs to be updated regardless of what the family wants. Without formal follow up to the public, there could be some unknown danger lurking in our community and someone else could go missing.

Also, consider all the folks searching for BB on their own. IMO It's disrespectful to the community for LE not to be transparent, because what if someone searching for BB gets hurt or goes missing? And the whole time LE knew some additional information about the case, but wasn't sharing with the public.

There have been some comments on the Eagan PD Facebook site today regarding Bryce’s intoxicated state and whether that could have been from alcohol vs drugs. Would that be a reason to keep things quiet? Would that change the whole dynamic of his behavior that night? I guess I assumed if he was on a party bus, there would be alcohol involved…not illegal drugs, but that may be my age showing.

There have been some comments on the Eagan PD Facebook site today regarding Bryce’s intoxicated state and whether that could have been from alcohol vs drugs. Would that be a reason to keep things quiet? Would that change the whole dynamic of his behavior that night? I guess I assumed if he was on a party bus, there would be alcohol involved…not illegal drugs, but that may be my age showing.
Looking at profiles of people on social media who said they knew Bryce and were friends with him, they are into EDM dance music and go to live shows a lot. IMO, to me that says they have dabbled with drugs, or spend time with people who do.

College kids absolutely do party drugs like cocaine, ecstasy, LSD, and other "designer" drugs, and a Halloween weekend party bus would be a perfect controlled environment to take something. JMO

I don't think the secret they're keeping is drugs. Substance use is so much more commonplace now than it used to be, celebrities are talking about addiction in the mainstream, and it's really nothing to be shocked or embarrassed about. Eagan PD even had a post about fentanyl right before their first post about Bryce.

If it were my family member missing, I might ask LE not to release that my loved one was doing drugs, but only because I don't want the public to write my loved one off as a lost cause/drug addict and stop searching for them. In this case, the family and LE almost preemptively stopped searching for him before the public could draw any conclusion.

I also don't think it was drugs because hiding that information wouldn't benefit the family really - Think of it this way. Are Bryce's parents really worried about their son having a hard time say, finding a job, etc if it comes out publicly that he was on drugs that night? No, probably not, because he is likely deceased. So unless they care more about their own image and not being associated with drugs than having closure for their son, I just doubt this is the case.

That said. The family's statement says their priority is finding Bryce. I have a hard time understanding this given their radio silence. "Priority" must just mean something different to me.

Looking at profiles of people on social media who said they knew Bryce and were friends with him, they are into EDM dance music and go to live shows a lot. IMO, to me that says they have dabbled with drugs, or spend time with people who do.

College kids absolutely do party drugs like cocaine, ecstasy, LSD, and other "designer" drugs, and a Halloween weekend party bus would be a perfect controlled environment to take something. JMO

I don't think the secret they're keeping is drugs. Substance use is so much more commonplace now than it used to be, celebrities are talking about addiction in the mainstream, and it's really nothing to be shocked or embarrassed about. Eagan PD even had a post about fentanyl right before their first post about Bryce.

If it were my family member missing, I might ask LE not to release that my loved one was doing drugs, but only because I don't want the public to write my loved one off as a lost cause/drug addict and stop searching for them. In this case, the family and LE almost preemptively stopped searching for him before the public could draw any conclusion.

I also don't think it was drugs because hiding that information wouldn't benefit the family really - Think of it this way. Are Bryce's parents really worried about their son having a hard time say, finding a job, etc if it comes out publicly that he was on drugs that night? No, probably not, because he is likely deceased. So unless they care more about their own image and not being associated with drugs than having closure for their son, I just doubt this is the case.

That said. The family's statement says their priority is finding Bryce. I have a hard time understanding this given their radio silence. "Priority" must just mean something different to me.
Thanks. Apparently, I am completely out of the loop on the college age drug scene.

And for me, nothing would be more important to keep quiet about, than finding my child.

I see Bryce is not listed in NAMUS as missing. I don't recall off the top of my head what the requirements are. AFAIK law enforcement has to be the one to enter them, and usually the family has to push for it. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken

Would be interesting to know if he is in NCIC.

I'm as dumbfounded as you
Imo he is either known to be deceased by some security cameras from industrial buildings or
He is not missing and may be in a hospital or facility?? Jmo..
Idk
My mind went there too, but I saw Search and Rescue out Saturday, Nov 12. Photos posted upthread. If he was found in the first couple of weeks and taken to a hospital outside of the area, they wouldn't still be out with SAR.

That's the most frustrating part of this situation, especially for people in the community - an open-ended tragedy and potential danger that might still exist? If they've closed the case they could just say that.

I'm curious which business caught him on camera. AFAIK no one has said.

If the family said the priority is finding Bryce, what are things that are NOT a priority that they are leaving out?

If the family said the priority is finding Bryce, what are things that are NOT a priority that they are leaving out?
good question. their statement released by Eagan PD does use the word “priority” specifically.

things that come to mind that the public might do, that wouldn’t be a “priority”:
- placing blame on Bryce or any of his friends for drinking and partying that night
- questioning why Bryce didn’t take an uber all the way home instead of walking the last couple miles
- questioning foul play by the uber driver
- suggesting a serial killer was involved in Bryce’s disappearance
- start an online fundraiser (saw someone suggest this to the family on the Eagan PD facebook page and it sounds like the family doesn't want one)
- call XYZ search organization (several were suggested. this seems like it would help them find Bryce?)

I made one interesting observation today on the Eagan Police FB page. One of the family members in the comment section got very upset when someone suggested a serial killer was to blame. I get that they want to find Bryce alive, but I thought it was odd that they got upset by that. At that point he had been missing several days and was already likely deceased imo. Why get mad when someone makes a legitimate suggestion for what could have happened? Serial killers certainly exist.

I see Bryce is not listed in NAMUS as missing. I don't recall off the top of my head what the requirements are. AFAIK law enforcement has to be the one to enter them, and usually the family has to push for it. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken

Would be interesting to know if he is in NCIC.
Not sure of the regulations now but a few years ago, I helped my friend enter the info into NAMUS for her missing son.
did not need LE to do so.

It may have changed since then though.

good question. their statement released by Eagan PD does use the word “priority” specifically.

things that come to mind that the public might do, that wouldn’t be a “priority”:
- placing blame on Bryce or any of his friends for drinking and partying that night
- questioning why Bryce didn’t take an uber all the way home instead of walking the last couple miles
- questioning foul play by the uber driver
- suggesting a serial killer was involved in Bryce’s disappearance
- start an online fundraiser (saw someone suggest this to the family on the Eagan PD facebook page and it sounds like the family doesn't want one)
- call XYZ search organization (several were suggested. this seems like it would help them find Bryce?)

I made one interesting observation today on the Eagan Police FB page. One of the family members in the comment section got very upset when someone suggested a serial killer was to blame. I get that they want to find Bryce alive, but I thought it was odd that they got upset by that. At that point he had been missing several days and was already likely deceased imo. Why get mad when someone makes a legitimate suggestion for what could have happened? Serial killers certainly exist.
Related to your point, I have also noticed that people (guessing family or friends) seem to be ‘patrolling’ that site, especially early on. They will answer or shut down posts that make any comments that they don’t like, guesses as to what happened that they don’t like, posts that said he was found, etc. Yet if anyone asks a question or for an update…nothing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back