MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lou Raguse came out with a book this year called “Vanished in Vermillion”, about two S. Dakota girls who went missing in 1971. Sounds like he’d be the perfect person to dig.

I saw that. Wonder why he isn’t digging for Bryce? Or is he in private?

Lou Raguse came out with a book this year called “Vanished in Vermillion”, about two S. Dakota girls who went missing in 1971. Sounds like he’d be the perfect person to dig.

I just messaged him. Hoping for a reply of some kind.

I just messaged him. Hoping for a reply of some kind.
Just finished Vanished in Vermillion. Amazed at the audacity and incompetence of investigators, failure of law enforcement, and the lack of apology to the Lykken family. I would definitely recommend this book.

Author is local to the Vermillion area, right? Maybe there's an author around the Twin Cities? Ideas? Seems anyone who would undertake the task to write a BB book is going to have a difficult time getting information.

Raguse works for KARE 11 in the Twin Cities:

Agreed about Vanished in Vermillion - appalling investigation; great book!
Thanks for the background info on him. Had no idea. Maybe he would be interested in BB. Note this quote from Vanished in Vermillion:
University of South Dakota archaeologist Brian Molyneaux: "Go along the route on foot. "Because that's what we do in archeology. When we do a survey, we cover all the ground. If that were an archaeological survey, we could have found the car because we would look everywhere. That's what we do."

Maybe I should forward this quote to the Eagan police???

Just finished Vanished in Vermillion. Amazed at the audacity and incompetence of investigators, failure of law enforcement, and the lack of apology to the Lykken family. I would definitely recommend this book.

Author is local to the Vermillion area, right? Maybe there's an author around the Twin Cities? Ideas? Seems anyone who would undertake the task to write a BB book is going to have a difficult time getting information.I don’t think many authors would be interested in Bryce Borca as a crime novel since it’s pretty unlikely there was a crime. It’s possible but like with most of these young men, it’s more likely to be the drinking and falling into water. I do believe the boy at St. John’s, Josh Guimond, could have been abducted. There are others too. But the way the family is acting, to me, aligns with a tragic accident.
Uggh just typed a big long response then lost it. The point was there’s not likely a crime, so an author would have to find another angle to be able to write and sell a book. There could be many interesting things about him, but not to a crime writer.
If Bryce does turn out to be a crime victim, May I suggest our own Websleuth Rob Ebben aka Robert Dudley?

Uggh just typed a big long response then lost it. The point was there’s not likely a crime, so an author would have to find another angle to be able to write and sell a book. There could be many interesting things about him, but not to a crime writer.
If Bryce does turn out to be a crime victim, May I suggest our own Websleuth Rob Ebben aka Robert Dudley?
Oh I see where my first response went, @Trino and I’m sorry. I thought I’d lost it but I backspaced it straight into your post that so was trying to respond to. So sorry! Looks like I’m putting words in your mouth and don’t know how to change it. It only shows in your quoted post above my last one.

I think it's going to take a lot of digging to find information, to find people willing to give information, to get the Eagan police to talk, etc.

I think it's going to take a lot of digging to find information, to find people willing to give information, to get the Eagan police to talk, etc.
Oh I see where my first response went, @Trino and I’m sorry. I thought I’d lost it but I backspaced it straight into your post that so was trying to respond to. So sorry! Looks like I’m putting words in your mouth and don’t know how to change it. It only shows in your quoted post above my last one.
Are Eagan police continuing to search? Where are they searching? Is any private team searching? Are individuals searching? Is family searching? (I think I can answer this one.)

Are Eagan police continuing to search? Where are they searching? Is any private team searching? Are individuals searching? Is family searching? (I think I can answer this one.)
We don’t know if he is missing by accident, choice, crime, etc. And don’t know who is searching or where. Would be nice to get some type of meaningful update after 10 months:(

What if another 250 people showed up on a Friday morning and attempted a search? Ft. Snelling has one 2023 free entry day left - no permit required. The date is Friday, November 24, 2023. Would LE - or could LE - legally refuse entry to them? After all, it is a state park, and anyone can legally enter free on that date. No one dictates where you go in the park. Sounds like, at least, it would be someone doing something.

I would be in on a search. I have gone out walking around the ponds and along the tracks a few times over the spring/summer, but no idea where I should be looking. If family/friends/LE still think he is back there somewhere, are they even out searching? And where? Did the pond get drained? I sent a TikTok message weeks ago to the lady (who had ties to the family) and who said the family was considering draining it this spring. I asked her if they drained the pond that the K9s tracked him to. No answer.
No clue if anyone is still looking or doing anything.
And has there been no response from Lou Raguse? If he has no further info, can he tell us that much? Or is everyone just keeping silent?

I would be in on a search. I have gone out walking around the ponds and along the tracks a few times over the spring/summer, but no idea where I should be looking. If family/friends/LE still think he is back there somewhere, are they even out searching? And where? Did the pond get drained? I sent a TikTok message weeks ago to the lady (who had ties to the family) and who said the family was considering draining it this spring. I asked her if they drained the pond that the K9s tracked him to. No answer.
No clue if anyone is still looking or doing anything.
And has there been no response from Lou Raguse? If he has no further info, can he tell us that much? Or is everyone just keeping silent?
Coming up on a year...
Seems no consistent LE searches, no pond draining, nothing. Family background info is sketchy and family involvement in the search seems nil. Just play golf, I guess. Seems he'll be left there, assuming that's where he really is. Probably will get a Halloween ghost story out of it. The poor kid.

I think the fact is there isn’t going to be any big push from the press or law enforcement if the family appears satisfied. And the family appears to be satisfied as things are now even without the recovery of remains. I realize satisfied is a poor choice of words. Maybe accepting or circumstances might be better?

I think the fact is there isn’t going to be any big push from the press or law enforcement if the family appears satisfied. And the family appears to be satisfied as things are now even without the recovery of remains. I realize satisfied is a poor choice of words. Maybe accepting or circumstances might be better?

The only rational reason I can come up with is that maybe continual searches for him are making the situation more painful for the family and prolonging their grief?

Some people need quick closure so they can move on, and have an end to it.

Perhaps his family have come to terms with his disappearance/death and renewing searches and the investigation will make the situation unbearable once again?

I'd also like to add if it were my child still missing, those searches (public, private or police) would be continuing forever, until a body was found but each to their own.

MOO

Do you usually have them for children?
I've not heard of it personally......but I suppose it's possible.
I have a friend who works in insurance who claims to sell quite a lot of them but I wouldn’t say it’s common. I’ve only personally known of two people who’ve had life insurance on their kids. The possibility may be slim but a possibility nonetheless.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24
Back