MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a friend who works in insurance who claims to sell quite a lot of them but I wouldn’t say it’s common. I’ve only personally known of two people who’ve had life insurance on their kids. The possibility may be slim but a possibility nonetheless.
I have them on my 2 kids…through work. Although not for a large amount. Mainly to cover funeral expenses. My parents also had them on my brother, sister and myself years ago, so I think they are fairly common.

My folks had one on me and my brother (and themselves), for funeral expenses. So glad they did because I lost them all, (2011, 2013 and 2020) and, I would not have been able to afford their funerals without the policies.
Back to BB. If there is a life insurance policy, he would need to be declared deceased before collection. Has this happened? What about the golf tournament?. Did it mention him being deceased or just missing?

On another note, Bryce's Blessings is incorporated out of Texas. Seems a bit odd.

Bryce’s Blessings, The Bryce Borca Foundation​

100 Plaza Place, Ste. 300

PMB 26

Northlake, TX 76226

Federal ID# 88-4354204

Last edited:
Back to BB. If there is a life insurance policy, he would need to be declared deceased before collection. Has this happened? What about the golf tournament?. Did it mention him being deceased or just missing?

On another note, Bryce's Blessings is incorporated out of Texas. Seems a bit odd.

Bryce’s Blessings, The Bryce Borca Foundation​

100 Plaza Place, Ste. 300

PMB 26

Northlake, TX 76226

Federal ID# 88-4354204
I have seen nothing about an obituary or death record. I have been looking for months.
As for the TX affiliation to the foundation… the parents sold their house in WI and moved to Northlake/Argyle TX since Bryce’s disappearance, so no surprise on the TX address.

Hey folks,

Some posts have been removed. It's fine to respectfully question known facts, but in the process please word your comments carefully and sensitively so as not to cast aspersions toward family members or loved ones.

Thank you.

If there was ever a case where it seemed possible for someone to voluntarily disappear, I'm thinking this could be one. There doesn't seem to be anyone searching for him, I don't know how he would have known that before disappearing but I could buy into the theory that he simply let his phone die, disposed of it and walked away from his life.

Then again, it's just as a likely he died near where his phone pinged and with no one looking his body hasn't been found.

If there was ever a case where it seemed possible for someone to voluntarily disappear, I'm thinking this could be one. There doesn't seem to be anyone searching for him, I don't know how he would have known that before disappearing but I could buy into the theory that he simply let his phone die, disposed of it and walked away from his life.

Then again, it's just as a likely he died near where his phone pinged and with no one looking his body hasn't been found.
He was heavily intoxicated - a known fact. He had no transportation. (Area has no public transportation.) It was 2:30 a.m. He called his friends for help. Cell was not found. Nothing has been used - phone, accounts. Eagan LE supports he is still at Ft Snelling State Park. He has not been seen anywhere. $30,000 reward has brought nothing.

Does Eagan LE still think he is in the pond? Or somewhere else in the park? How has the phone not been found? Or wallet? Or clothes, tennis shoes, or body? They have had multiple drones, multiple K9’s, sonar, divers, probably hundreds of search groups. Seems hard to believe that they haven’t found anything in over 10 months.

If he wanted to disappear, he would know to get rid of the phone and credit cards or not use them. And might have had someone to help him. It’s possible.

Does Eagan LE still think he is in the pond? Or somewhere else in the park? How has the phone not been found? Or wallet? Or clothes, tennis shoes, or body? They have had multiple drones, multiple K9’s, sonar, divers, probably hundreds of search groups. Seems hard to believe that they haven’t found anything in over 10 months.

If he wanted to disappear, he would know to get rid of the phone and credit cards or not use them. And might have had someone to help him. It’s possible.
It could be. The only thing was he was very drunk. While we don't know the professional qualifications of the diverse searchers, it is definitely strange that so many have found nothing, except maybe a dog. For whatever reason I don't think he's at Ft Snelling State Park. Sure would be nice if someone physically connected to a search would post here.

All MOO of course.
Back to his ‘drunken’ state. I just don’t believe he was that bad. I have been drunk lots of times at that age…and I was a pretty small female so alcohol affected me. Only one time was I so bad and unable to navigate or walk very well…and I was really out of it…so friends had to help get me in my house.
He was able to walk from friends house, across 13, through the industrial area with fences all over, trees, buildings and containers in a pretty short time. And then called friends that he was lost (he knew that) and talked for 12 minutes…he was pretty coherent IMO. And then walked farther, maybe along the tracks up to the ponds. Or farther. I did that walk sober in daylight and it was hard to keep from wiping out. If he were that drunk he wouldn’t have made it far walking anywhere. When I was really drunk, I would want to sit or lay down, take a nap or maybe throw up. Once I sobered up some, I’d be on my way. So unless he stumbled in a deep pond/river, or fell and really hit his head somewhere that killed him, or had a heart attack or stroke or bad drug reaction, he would have sobered up/woken up and gotten out of there eventually. It was not that cold that night. Low of 45, high in the 60’s. And he had pants, long sleeve shirt and a sweater on. I don’t buy that he just died in the brush or woods of the park that night. And if he did, where is he and why can’t they find him?

And reports were that friends went to look for him after the call. Did they yell his name? And did he not hear? I went there later last fall on a Sat night at 2am to see what it was like…very quiet and bright.

It doesn’t make sense to me. But not much about this case does.

Does anyone know if it was just alcohol? Or drugs too? Or is that something else that we aren’t privy to? Most reports say intoxicated. Which could be either. Not sure that drugs would change my opinion though.

All MOO of course.
Back to his ‘drunken’ state. I just don’t believe he was that bad. I have been drunk lots of times at that age…and I was a pretty small female so alcohol affected me. Only one time was I so bad and unable to navigate or walk very well…and I was really out of it…so friends had to help get me in my house.
He was able to walk from friends house, across 13, through the industrial area with fences all over, trees, buildings and containers in a pretty short time. And then called friends that he was lost (he knew that) and talked for 12 minutes…he was pretty coherent IMO. And then walked farther, maybe along the tracks up to the ponds. Or farther. I did that walk sober in daylight and it was hard to keep from wiping out. If he were that drunk he wouldn’t have made it far walking anywhere. When I was really drunk, I would want to sit or lay down, take a nap or maybe throw up. Once I sobered up some, I’d be on my way. So unless he stumbled in a deep pond/river, or fell and really hit his head somewhere that killed him, or had a heart attack or stroke or bad drug reaction, he would have sobered up/woken up and gotten out of there eventually. It was not that cold that night. Low of 45, high in the 60’s. And he had pants, long sleeve shirt and a sweater on. I don’t buy that he just died in the brush or woods of the park that night. And if he did, where is he and why can’t they find him?

And reports were that friends went to look for him after the call. Did they yell his name? And did he not hear? I went there later last fall on a Sat night at 2am to see what it was like…very quiet and bright.

It doesn’t make sense to me. But not much about this case does.

Does anyone know if it was just alcohol? Or drugs too? Or is that something else that we aren’t privy to? Most reports say intoxicated. Which could be either. Not sure that drugs would change my opinion though.
It was said he was so drunk he attempted to open the door while the Uber was moving. That's pretty drunk. Statistics say it takes 5-6 hours to get sober after 3 drinks. What does sober mean? Completely sober or partially? Would be good to know how much he drank and if he consumed food.

Still think whatever occurred happened soon after the call, which is a reason for no response to his friends. It's rather quiet around the area so sound would have traveled. It also seems he would have walked toward the security night lights from Essendant rather than head through the park with no trail.

I've almost nixed the theory he's in the pond behind Essendant. Other than a dog alert there hasn't been anything to verify this, and there has been nothing from divers. If he was picked up by someone that's a reason for no response to friends.

Lots of theories. Will we ever know?

Perhaps it was mentioned somewhere before, but have there been divers confirmed to be in the pond?
Here is the link and quote from the Pioneer Press an Aug 1, 2023 referring to how much and what searches they have done. I assumed ‘professional search teams’ may have included divers. And I assumed if multiple K9’s picked up a scent in that pond, they probably thoroughly searched it. I heard the family was considering draining it, but have heard nothing more about that.

“The search for Borca has included hundreds of volunteers, multiple state and federal agencies, professional search teams, canine teams, drones and water sonar equipment, covering over 100,000 acres of land and water in Fort Snelling Park and surrounding areas. The search generated many tips and leads, including surveillance videos from the community and businesses in the area.”

I have also heard from someone who works over by that pond, that boats and divers were seen there last fall after he went missing. Not sure what organizations they were with.

No matter how many years I've followed the missing and murdered, each one is an emotional experience.

Got news that a teacher from NJ, Lara Emanuele, who's been missing since June had the search concluded without finding her. Maybe some people are not meant to be found while others, like Suzanne Morphew, may take years to locate. Elizabeth Barraza's 2019 murder has been moved to the cold case forum even though there's cctv of the murder and murderer's vehicle.

The Lyft driver told police Borca was extremely intoxicated and at one point tried to exit the vehicle while it was still moving.

As harsh as it seems, ultimately, Bryce is responsible for his actions while inebriated that fateful evening; although, I know Bryce would take a different path if he could turn back time. His parents, as well as Bryce, himself, and those who love him, had high hopes for his successful, happy future. One wrong decision can change many lives.

His father won't be his best man at a wedding; no pictures of graduating from college, no more Christmas gatherings, no children to raise, no grandchildren to spoil. It's a stunning loss.

You have some good points…yet depressing.

Does anyone know for sure that Bryce is deceased? We really know little about him, his phone call to his friends, the search, what LE knows or doesn’t know, why they can’t find a body, etc. No one will say a word. Parents and LE say he is ‘missing’. What if he left of his own free will? Or was abducted? Some missing people show up years later.

And not sure I agree that Bryce is ultimately responsible for his actions. What if he was drugged in the bar he was at or on the party bus? Or hit by a car walking the roads of Eagan and removed? Or coaxed into talking a ride? He called his friends for help. Maybe his family or others too. We don’t know.

IMO, I am not convinced that he just died somewhere from being intoxicated and that no one can find him.

You have some good points…yet depressing.

Does anyone know for sure that Bryce is deceased? We really know little about him, his phone call to his friends, the search, what LE knows or doesn’t know, why they can’t find a body, etc. No one will say a word. Parents and LE say he is ‘missing’. What if he left of his own free will? Or was abducted? Some missing people show up years later.

And not sure I agree that Bryce is ultimately responsible for his actions. What if he was drugged in the bar he was at or on the party bus? Or hit by a car walking the roads of Eagan and removed? Or coaxed into talking a ride? He called his friends for help. Maybe his family or others too. We don’t know.

IMO, I am not convinced that he just died somewhere from being intoxicated and that no one can find him.
Well, given the circumstances leading to his disappearance, I doubt very much he sobered up safely, never went home, and decided spontaneously to up and walk away from his life and never contact anyone ever again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back