MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #15 - Chauvin Trial Day 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Mr. brodd gets much work from this... It doesn't seem he watch much of the videos available to him... "I don't know." "I didn't look for that."

As a use of force expert didn't look to see if GF was in any pain...that tells you all you need to know about Mr. Brodd...

Expert asked to review in court Tao's body cam footage. Tao assesses the surroundings so you can see there is no angry agressive mob threatening the officers anywhere visible to that camera either. Meanwhile you can still GF gasping and saying please, "help, I can't breathe. knee in my neck". An officer asked "What do you want?" "settle down, your fine" I think I also here "should be check him" but can't identify from where. In response an officer states "if your talking your breathin"

State now asking expert to list all the people (bystanders) he can see in Tao's bodycam footage. Expert admits nobody appears threatening or distracting.

I would say they're REALLY taking down this witness' "expert" opinion of analysis. Even though multiple MPD officers including the chief said that Chauvin did not follow training or protocol this guy said he thinks he did and even operated with most guidelines for police use of force standards in the court (paraphrasing), and went so far to say that he didn't even think the knee on neck was use of force and that everyone arrested at some points should be placed in a similiar position to get control of the detainee.

IF IF IF any jury started to believe this nonsense, then now the State is dismantling his argument that there was no use of force and there was also no pain. Being asked many times about if he included the agonal speech of GF saying he hurts everywhere and can't breathe. I cannot imagine the Defense can recover, even if they started to win over one juror, from this. Good! JMHO.

This is hard to watch. What the defense calls resisting is actual GF attempting to get at least one (handcuffed) hand beneath him enough to push up and relieve some of the pressure he is experiencing. Chauvin responds by adding more of his body weight to the hold and adjusts his other knee to also be on GF's center back while the other is pressing tightly on GF neck.
I have to stop watching this. I don't know how many times I can watch this man die today. It's very upsetting to watch those gasps and calls replayed over and over.
I have no doubt the jury feels the same way. It's impossible to watch that video and not feel a range of emotions. Meanwhile the witness is still justifying and making excuses for Chauvin's every move.

I would say they're REALLY taking down this witness' "expert" opinion of analysis. Even though multiple MPD officers including the chief said that Chauvin did not follow training or protocol this guy said he thinks he did and even operated with most guidelines for police use of force standards in the court (paraphrasing), and went so far to say that he didn't even think the knee on neck was use of force and that everyone arrested at some points should be placed in a similiar position to get control of the detainee.

IF IF IF any jury started to believe this nonsense, then now the State is dismantling his argument that there was no use of force and there was also no pain. Being asked many times about if he included the agonal speech of GF saying he hurts everywhere and can't breathe. I cannot imagine the Defense can recover, even if they started to win over one juror, from this. Good! JMHO.
Day one of defense case goes to....... the state! Each witness they have put up today IMO gave points to the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member