MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #16 - Chauvin Trial Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Fowler is explaining the process he and others with the Forensics Panel go through to review cases.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1382345328016384003?s=21

The state objected during this explanation and there was a sidebar.

Absolutely should have been an objection. He was talking that he turned this case over to 13 peers in his forensic panel. They evaluated and critiqued to help his opinion. And he was geared to introduce such :eek:

It was objected to at that moment as he was about to walk into such. Rightfully so!!! MOO.

He was about to present what 13 peers and he came up with as a report???? Huh?? Never heard of such being allowed and Nelson should KNOW this... I'm behind.. we'll see.

ETA: I see that train was stopped by objection (assume heresay, not allowed at all)... moving on!

Last edited:
Is he forgetting the knee?
He thinks GF had a sudden cardiac arrest due to his heart condition, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.

You can’t ignore the actions of Chauvin, he was literally kneeling on his neck. What did he think of the video? Can’t wait for the cross on this flump.

GF just happened to have a cardiac arrhythmia at precisely the time Chauvin happened to be kneeling on his neck, but there is absolutely no connection between the two events. Hmm.

It's BINGO TIME folks.

Have you noticed that the back door behind Nelson, NOW he is turning around and looking each time the door opens.. as a DISTRACTION... subtle isn't he! NOT! I bet this is going to happen more in the next few days... watch for it.

He's making a subconscious note to jurors about his attention being taken away each and every time that door opens. To support that minimal affects concentration... a la Chauvin with the angry mob?

MOO

So, the challenge to all is to note each time that door opens in the next two days and post when it happens and if he turns around.

distraction.JPG

This guy likes to hear himself talk me thinks. I really dislike it when expert witnesses go into lecture mode. I feel like it is more engaging when they’re conversational. If they go on and on and on then it’s hard to remain focused. Nelson has brought the momentum to a screeching halt with this witness. He lost big time yesterday and this witness is here to bore everyone to such an extent that our memories are wiped clean! JMO

This guy likes to hear himself talk me thinks. I really dislike it when expert witnesses go into lecture mode. I feel like it is more engaging when they’re conversational. If they go on and on and on then it’s hard to remain focused. Nelson has brought the momentum to a screeching halt with this witness. He lost big time yesterday and this witness is here to bore everyone to such an extent that our memories are wiped clean! JMO

Myself, I haven't been lost/bored yet. The cases that make me go into a "trial coma" are those that do a lot of phone and tower stuff. It was so hard to follow one trial (Markel in Florida) yet so very interesting in the Frazier case.

Especially when so many slides were demonstrative to make the jury understand, and they were shocked MOO when the jury asked for them, and told they could not have them as they assumed they would be getting in the jury room.

I really wish that at the outset.. that prosecutions would ALWAYS state that demonstrative exhibits can NEVER go back to the jury

(as is being shown with this witness - and was JUST shown by a poster now.. and shown quickly to the jury with lots of words! Not enough time to even write down if juror wanted to give time to document so they have for deliberations!! MOO)

Last edited:

Will be interesting to hear if the jurors are nodding off. I like medical stuff, so this stuff isn't boring to me haha
He's also been a witness many times, I have a feeling he probably knows how to read the jury more than some of the State witnesses did.

GF just happened to have a cardiac arrhythmia at precisely the time Chauvin happened to be kneeling on his neck, but there is absolutely no connection between the two events. Hmm.
Nelson telegraphed this move in the State's cross. I think because there's no real way to disprove it was an arrythmia - unlike a heart attack, there isn't physical damage to the heart. And obviously there's a well established link between heart rate and drug use he can exploit.

But yeah, a helluva coincidence...

(And by the way, people have heart attacks with less than 50% blockage and in the same vein, walk around just fine with upwards of 90% blockage too. There are variables to every statistic.)

I really feel sorry for Nelson. He seem a likeable bloke and has little to work with. I keep waiting for him to produce a "Columbo" moment. The jury ie me is no longer out on the past two days of trial

GF had been going about his business with his dodgy heart, popping all manner of illegal pills, and it was just really bad luck for Chauvin that these two factors conspired to cause his death at the exact same time Chauvin was on top of him. That’s REALLY bad luck.

I do not believe this witness Dr. Fowler should be testifying on how the conduction system in the heart works and the ins and outs of cardiac arrhythmia.
He is a former medical examiner and should only be testifying in regards to what Dr. Baker listed in the autopsey report. Does he agree with the findings, why or why not? Anything else is just garbled meaningless drivel in my opinion.

It's BINGO TIME folks.

Have you noticed that the back door behind Nelson, NOW he is turning around and looking each time the door opens.. as a DISTRACTION... subtle isn't he! NOT! I bet this is going to happen more in the next few days... watch for it.

He's making a subconscious note to jurors about his attention being taken away each and every time that door opens. To support that minimal affects concentration... a la Chauvin with the angry mob?

MOO

So, the challenge to all is to note each time that door opens in the next two days and post when it happens and if he turns around.

View attachment 292655

Wow, you are amazing!

I bet you're right.

Jmho

I guess I'm a nerd. I like this detailed kind of testimony no matter which side.

I always listen intently to the forensic pathologists. It's amazing how closely they look at everything.

Jmho

Did you watch the State ME, Baker, testify? Typically when I watch trials, the ME for the State testifies more like how this doc is. It was very odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper