MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravinder says before they started moving again, they needed to have chest compressions, medications and breathing for him in place.

He says, “The longer the patient goes without resuscitation the lower likelihood they will be resuscitated”

Bravinder says primary goal is circulating blood through chest compressions.

Eldridge asks what happens if there’s a delay and Bravinder responds, “Based on my understanding that’s not good for his outcome.”

Eldridge now asking what happened when they got to the hospital.

Bravinder says when they moved him to hospital bed, “I don’t know what his exact cardiac rhythm was .. but his overall condition did not appear to change”.

https://twitter.com/callangraynews/status/1377668478543495170?s=21

Personally I think he's an okay witness... <modsnip> He's done well to answer her annoying way of posing questions. MOO.

ETA: I recon the other paramedic may be more experienced and perhaps a bit better on the stand though so they're planning to put him on after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussing arrival at hospital

“What was his condition at that point in time”

Witness “I don’t know what his cardiac rhythm was but his condition didn’t seem to change”

They probably thought at first they were still restraining him. The initial call was that he had an "injury to his mouth," so they wouldn't have known his true condition.

But didn't this witness testify that the patient appeared to be unresponsive once he got close to the scene?

Was there a report completed

Witness “yes, one would have been completed

Personally I think he's an okay witness... <modsnip> He's done well to answer her annoying way of posing questions. MOO.
I think he's okay too, but could be stronger with better questioning. She didn't do a good job of telling the narrative through his testimony.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you arrived on scene and noticed officers on top of a person before

Witness “yes”

Objection didn’t hear whether it was overruled or sustained!

Police will frequently go to scene before paramedic to control scene

Witness “yes”

Have you been to overdose calls before

Witness “yes”

Have police responded first

Witness yes

Question about violence - objection overfilled

“have personally seen violence after a drug overdose”

Witness “yes”

Paramedic stumbled there when asked by EN if he first stated GF was on his left side.

Police will frequently go to scene before paramedic to control scene

Witness “yes”

Have you been to overdose calls before

Witness “yes”

Have police responded first

Witness yes

Question about violence - objection overfilled

“have personally seen violence after a drug overdose”

Witness “yes”
Why does Nelson keep referring to the call as an "overdose call?" I thought it was a non emergency code 2 call initially? The second call was a code 3 (life threatening situation) because he wasn't responsive, right?

They need to counter question with "have you ever arrived on the scene and noticed officers on top of someone who had no pulse before?"

I wonder if they will ask his colleague (who checked for a pulse) whether he found it strange that the officer remained on top of GF's neck whilst he was looking for a pulse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member