MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first call was a code 2. This was around the time Floyd stopped breathing and was unresponsive. It wasn't until after they found that he had no pulse that they called again, and it was upgraded to code 3. While paramedics were rushing to the scene, Chauvin kept kneeling on his neck for a minute and a half after he had no pulse.

BBM. I hope the prosecution HAMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRS that to the jury during closing arguments!

I'm a bit confused as to how the ambulance was called. I haven't heard on any of bodycam footage someone actually requesting an ambulance (I did hear Officer Lane confirm that EMT were on their way). I also didn't hear on the footage anyone requesting that call to be upgraded to Code 3. Obviously it happened but how? Can anyone fill in my blanks?

The first call was a code 2. I'm not sure of the time. I thought it was after he wasn't breathing anymore. It wasn't until after they found that he had no pulse that they called again, and it was upgraded to code 3. While paramedics were rushing to the scene, Chauvin kept kneeling on his neck for a minute and a half after he had no pulse.

20:20:11 - Call in for EMS Code 2 non emergent for mouth injury
20:21:35 - 330 (LE folks) call for code 3 (get here quick)
20:27:21 - Information for EMS, PD has him restrained on ground
20:28:36 - Paramedic rig code 3 asking for fire - The EMS folks entered this information. (per her testimony, they are asking for additional support)
20:31:12 Per engine 412 firerig response, EMS is at Park and 36th as they have left the scene.

This is from @dixiegirl1035 's timeline. I am not good with the timeline yet, but he didn't stop breathing before 8:21, did he?

I'm a bit confused as to how the ambulance was called. I haven't heard on any of bodycam footage someone actually requesting an ambulance (I did hear Officer Lane confirm that EMT were on their way). I also didn't hear on the footage anyone requesting that call to be upgraded to Code 3. Obviously it happened but how? Can anyone fill in my blanks?

I thought the 911 dispatcher who testified said she escalated the call? But don’t quote me (proverbially speaking)

I'm with you! I'm not sure if this is something that hasn't come out yet or if I have missed it.

Maybe it's the dispatcher who upgrades the call? I do remember in the first call police said he had an injury to his mouth, or had a "medical event." They apparently didn't give specific details or accurate information. That may be what the FF was referring to when she said she thought there was some miscommunication between dispatchers and police.

I think when police realized Floyd no longer had a pulse and was unresponsive, they called again and it was upgraded to a code 3. Then when the firetruck arrived on the scene the ambulance had already left. They talked to bystanders, who gave them even more details, and then travelled the two blocks to meet the ambulance. Imo

In my honest opinion:
As much as I like Nelson as an attorney, I think he has fallen flat from really planting reasonable doubt or discrediting the most damning testimonies of the witnesses that have taken the stand.
We still need a few more evidence to meet the standard of "beyond reasonable doubt" but we'd already be there in a civil matter.

Leading questions move faster bc it’s a yes or no or a short explanation that is required. EE is pretty bad IMO - she hesitates and restates questions repeatedly. Lots of hesitation! It makes ppl lose focus and can be confusing! JMO
Yes, it felt very jerky.

“We were dispatched our notes said we were going code 2 for someone with a mouth injury and PD (police department) was on scene,” Bravinder said, adding about a minute and half into their response the call was upgraded in severity and he then began driving with lights and sirens.

Bravinder said that when he pulled up in the ambulance "I assumed that there was potentially some struggle still because they were still on top of him."

Bravinder's colleague was the one who checked Floyd's pulse and pupils but Bravinder said from his vantage point outside the back of the ambulance he didn't see any movement or breathing coming from Floyd.

As part of defense attorney Eric Nelson's cross-examination, Bravinder explained why ketamine may be used. The drug, which he said, has multiple purposes, is used when someone has profound agitation or is "really violent."

Ketamine is also used in excited delirium, which one of the officers was heard mentioning Wednesday in one of the body-worn camera videos shown.

Bravinder was also asked about the status of Floyd's pupils. He said he did not know but stated that in a opioid overdose a person's pupils may be pinpoints and methamphetamine would cause dilated pupils.

Court went to recess following Bravinder's testimony. They are scheduled to resume around 1:30 p.m.

Chauvin trial updates: Hennepin County paramedic takes the stand | West Central Tribune

Why does Nelson keep referring to the call as an "overdose call?" I thought it was a non emergency code 2 call initially? The second call was a code 3 (life threatening situation) because he wasn't responsive, right?

I think it was called in as a code 3 before he wasn't responsive. I want to say 8:21ish was called in as code 3? @dixiegirl1035 will know the answer to this!

The questions still begs in my mind why was Fire Rescue not queued into a life threatening call. They were 3 blocks away. Dispacth never got them in the grouping on the call to respond ??? until the EMS called fire for assitance. If code 3, why didn't it kick in to have fire rescue with their EMS folks 3 blocks away? I'm confused.... and will wait for further explanation as it it not how it works in the city I live.

MOO he was responsive when code 3 called in.. working backwards in timeline as first called in right after he got dragged onto the ground.

20:20:10 EMS called for code 2
20:21:35 upgraded by LE to code 3
20:28:36 Ambulance arrived and called for fire backup due to CRITICAL PATIENT on scene.

Last edited:
20:20:11 - Call in for EMS Code 2 non emergent for mouth injury
20:21:35 - 330 (LE folks) call for code 3 (get here quick)
20:27:21 - Information for EMS, PD has him restrained on ground
20:28:36 - Paramedic rig code 3 asking for fire - The EMS folks entered this information. (per her testimony, they are asking for additional support)
20:31:12 Per engine 412 firerig response, EMS is at Park and 36th as they have left the scene.

This is from @dixiegirl1035 's timeline. I am not good with the timeline yet, but he didn't stop breathing before 8:21, did he?
Thanks, I'm not good with remembering "times." Yes, if they called at 8:21, then at that point Floyd was having difficulty breathing but his breathing had not stopped. I think it still should have been considered a life threatening emergency, though. Paramedics would have arrived much sooner.

According to the transcripts, Mr. Lane called for an ambulance after Mr. Floyd’s mouth started bleeding. Mr. Lane told investigators it was likely when Mr. Floyd banged his face on the glass inside of the squad car.

Mr. Lane then upgraded that ambulance request, from a less-serious “Code 2” to a more serious “Code 3,” after Mr. Floyd had repeatedly said he could not breathe and the officers discussed whether he could be high on drugs.

New Transcripts Detail Last Moments for George Floyd

https://www.minneapolismn.gov/media...ire-Department-Incident-Report-20-0018197.pdf

Asked witness if he stated that GF was leaned to the left

Witness “yes”

Mentiond about GF being on his stomach. That was very muddy!!

He's trying to impeach each witness by showing what they were wrong about in their earlier statements to lend less credibility to the witnesses MOO.

Why does Nelson keep referring to the call as an "overdose call?" I thought it was a non emergency code 2 call initially? The second call was a code 3 (life threatening situation) because he wasn't responsive, right?

Because that's what the defence wants to implant into the minds of the jurors.,

(Erin Eldridge reminds me a lot of a physician, some of the doctors I’ve had over the years who were female, the way she asks her questions, her mannerisms and use of language. I thought this same thing when I heard her previous interview with the minor. Just an observation, imo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie