MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #7 - Chauvin Trial Day 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Nelson keep referring to the call as an "overdose call?" I thought it was a non emergency code 2 call initially? The second call was a code 3 (life threatening situation) because he wasn't responsive, right?
That’s what I keep wondering. It was not based on drugs, period. It was over a counterfeit bill, and then him being nonresponsive

Eric Nelson starts his cross examination with Bravinder's education, training.

Nelson: Have you arrived at a scene where you've seen officers on top of a person before?
Bravinder: Yes.
Eldridge: Objection your honor, irrelevant.
Cahill: Overruled.

Nelson's questions are now focused on EMS policy to have police respond to overdose medical calls. He then asks if people who are revived can become aggressive and violent.

Eldridge objects. Cahill overrules.

Nelson asks if Bravinder met with the prosecution last night to go over what he would testify to today.

Nelson has asked this before, including Courteney Ross.

Nelson asks if EMS carries Ketamine with them. Bravinder confirms. Asks if it's to sedate if a patient is struggling. Bravinder confirms.

Nelson follows up saying that it wasn't used on George Floyd.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1377672051759144962?s=21

Why does Nelson keep referring to the call as an "overdose call?" I thought it was a non emergency code 2 call initially? The second call was a code 3 (life threatening situation) because he wasn't responsive, right?

I think it was called in as a code 3 before he wasn't responsive. I want to say 8:21ish was called in as code 3? @dixiegirl1035 will know the answer to this!

I doubt it. He seemed to be feeling fine when he was dancing around in the store. He didn't say he was going to die until after Chauvin had been kneeling on his neck for several minutes. That would be frightening for anybody, even if they hadn't taken any drugs.

Either way, the reason doesn't matter as much as the fact that the officers ignored his symptoms and did nothing to help him.
Actually, he said he was going to die while the officers were trying to get him in the police car.

I think it was called in as a code 3 before he wasn't responsive. I want to say 8:21ish was called in as code 3? @dixiegirl1035 will know the answer to this!

* I do recall Nelson inferring to GH that call for medical was made at 8:21.

Also, Dixie’s post:
MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #6 - Chauvin Trial Day 3

Some of that content by Dixie without screenshots, Rsbm:
“dixiegirl1035” said:
These screenshots are from Day 1 video of Washington Post, beginning at 4:11:17 in the video. As is hard to see... I'll do a quicky read and do quick highlights here. Others can expound upon. I have much of this in transcription but thought too long to post here.

20:02:13 Call place from cashier to 911 call taker ID CT031779. Says counterfeit bill/blue mercedez/plz run plate/describes GF/says he appears under influence. This info goes to screen in police car.
...........getting back up requests... including park police
20:04:02 - Officers on site and asking to run plate
20:11:02 - Officers have removed him from patrol car
20:20:11 - Call in for EMS Code 2 non emergent for mouth injury
20:21:35 - 330 (LE folks) call for code 3 (get here quick)
20:27:21 - Information for EMS, PD has him restrained on ground
20:28:36 - Paramedic rig code 3 asking for fire - The EMS folks entered this information. (per her testimony, they are asking for additional support)
20:31:12 Per engine 412 firerig response, EMS is at Park and 36th as they have left the scene.
20:32:02 EMS would like the fire department for Pt condition at their new location. (per her testimony, this was because she didn't know what was going on so she asked her other agencies via METCOM radio.. she got info on radio and put into system)
20:34:10 - EMS paramedics reporting into system saying he is in full arrest
20:34:30 - EMS is saying working full arrest
20: She added fire dept is in route to park and 36th
20:36:07 Fire dispatch saying engine 17 fire is 2 minutes out to park and 36th
20:48:23 EMS says they are headed to hospital - (e.d. they had stopped resuscitation efforts
20:55:06 LE put directly into car computer they are headed to HCMC ... status of the AP

I wonder do these times of reports jibe with what the timing is on the street videos as to timely reports by LE etc? It looks like they didn't call for EMS until 9 minutes after he was on the ground??!! (20:11 ---. 20:20) Is this correct??? It appears they didn't even say restrained on ground for some time. I think I'm off here, help!

Screenshots are from below... starting about 4:12:43 Day 1 from dispatcher testimony (e.d. not to be confused with 911 call taker/operator.. they are in different rooms..)

Nelson asks Bravinder if it was difficult to get the Lucas device on George Floyd. Bravinder confirms.

Now asking if Bravinder had difficulty putting in the breathing device into Floyd's mouth or throat. He says no, but he had to get a different size.

Nelson wraps up. Eldridge is now redirecting Bravinder.

E: Was Mr. Floyd struggling or violent in any way.
B: No.
E: Did it appear to you that he was already dead when you got there?

Nelson objects, Cahill says if you know.

Bravinder: I wouldn't know when I pulled up on scene but I did not see him as I testified earlier.

Bravinder says he didn't see Floyd moving or breathing. Agrees that he later learned Floyd was in cardiac arrest.

Eldridge is now asking about the crowd in front of Cup Foods.

https://twitter.com/anavilastra/status/1377672894235414535?s=21

Anyone else notice when EE asked the paramedic on redirect if when he pulled up to the scene if GF seemed dead to him he was kind of nodding his head like he wanted to say yes, but then the objection came in and he said he couldn’t tell, he looked nonresponsive

I wish Ms. Eldridge would make the point that these paramedics weren’t asked to stage by the officers/dispatch prior to arrival. It would disprove fear of the mob theory.

ETA - Unless I missed it bc I was in and out of a coma during this testimony!

I am not sure if it's this prosecutor that is just horrible at asking questions, or if this guy doesn't want to be there. His answers were much quicker when the defense was asking. Watching her ask questions, it's like pulling teeth!

Leading questions move faster bc it’s a yes or no or a short explanation that is required. EE is pretty bad IMO - she hesitates and restates questions repeatedly. Lots of hesitation! It makes ppl lose focus and can be confusing! JMO

The first call was a code 2. I'm not sure of the time. I thought it was after he wasn't breathing anymore. I think it wasn't until after they found that he had no pulse that they called again, and it was upgraded to code 3. While paramedics were rushing to the scene, Chauvin kept kneeling on his neck for a minute and a half after he had no pulse.

I agree. I find her very off-putting, but can't find the right words to express why. Just seems inappropriate in some way. (I have not seen any of her media interviews that others have mentioned.)

I think peoples' biases are solidified when a drug addict tries to explain away why they are still addicted to drugs. Some people think drug addicts are weak willed and incapable of love.

When I was about 20 I had a friend who, unbeknownst to me, was a drug addict. Smart, witty, engaging, everything going for them. The whole time I knew him he'd been a user. My attitude changed when I witnessed him injecting himself in his foot. His character hadn't changed but my perception of him did.

In 2019 nearly 200 people died each day because of opioid addictions. 99.9% die anonymously so our biases don't enter into it. Maybe we'll feel compassion if a lovely middle class mom with three kids got addicted to pain killers because of chronic pain but our compassion might end when she starts buying her drugs on the street. Then our judgements start.

In this particular case we're trying to figure out whether GF was the 201st person to die of a drug overdose on May 25, 2020 or whether he was murdered. There is no requirement for us to like the witness only to listen to their testimony.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member