Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well this is irritating. The reporter basically talks over the whole phone message left by Henry. Even so, it seems to me there is only one voice on the tape - and it continues for quite some time. Unlike how it would sound if he were attacked, actually. It seems unlikely that during an attack, he would continue to emote directly into the phone for at least 5 seconds, with no other voices heard and nothing intelligible heard. Who fights off an attacker while holding a phone to their mouth?

I continue to think he staged this, and will apologize if I'm wrong.

http://www.fox9.com/news/27752455-story

Well this is irritating. The reporter basically talks over the whole phone message left by Henry. Even so, it seems to me there is only one voice on the tape - and it continues for quite some time. Unlike how it would sound if he were attacked, actually. It seems unlikely that during an attack, he would continue to emote directly into the phone for at least 5 seconds, with no other voices heard and nothing intelligible heard. Who fights off an attacker while holding a phone to their mouth?

I continue to think he staged this, and will apologize if I'm wrong.

http://www.fox9.com/news/27752455-story

At the beginning of the search, I thought there was no way this could be staged, but with no body and no evidence, I'm beginning to think there is something sinister about H's disappearance. His wife said he had no passport, but a passport can be purchased quietly with enough money if one knows the right people. I totally agree that if a person is being attacked, it would be very unusual if the person being attacked would continue talking into his phone.

Where would H go, and why? And, who would disappear at 2:30 in the morning with no vehicle? It appears no one has seen him. Was H that good at disguising himself? Did someone pick him up?

We have not heard any connection with drugs or anything illegal. What are we missing?

There are two scenarios I can think of for how Henry could have made these voice mails or "pocket calls" without it being fake. I know we have discussed these so bear with me while I outline it for my own mental clarity:

1. Pocket calling. If he has a shortcut to his wife and brother on his home screen, it can be very easy to pocket call, especially if the phone is in a rough situation where clothes or other objects are hitting it/rubbing against it. My husband pocket calls me at least twice a week while he is just walking down the street and won't change his unlock method from swipe because he is too afraid of forgetting the pin.

2. He was severely injured and running from something, or being held. If he had been fatally stabbed, his jaw broken, or had been shot, I imagine he would sound a lot like he did in the voice mail. The very clear and different "Stop It", to me, indicates another person caught him trying to make the calls, especially since the call is cut off right after that and the phone turned off.

We still have no clear information on what this Mississippi St. phone ping is, and since there is no tower near there, I guess we need to assume LE are being that specific because it was a FindMyIphone or GPS location. Due to the time of the ping and the time of the voice mail, there is only a few minutes difference, so we know Henry made it to that location and the phone remained there. The police searching that area extensively tells me they don't have enough evidence to suggest he made it beyond that point.

Could Henry Have Walked from Holiday to Mississippi & Silver Lake Rd. by 2:38AM?

Based on CJ's statements, Henry and WPK left the club at about 1:40AM. It would take about 10 minutes to get to the Holiday, so the arrival had to be around 1:50AM. We haven't been told what the timestamp is on the CCTV footage (did I miss it?), or what it actually shows, but if the arrival was way later, that indicates a key deviation in their route. Arrival "on time" would give Henry around 50 minutes to make that trip. According to Google Maps (slowest common denominator), it can be done in 30-40 minutes.

I think they need to begin searching buildings in that area that are abandoned, publicly accessible, or which are rarely used/monitored, and check manholes for tampering. And I wish we knew if cadaver dogs and ground radar has been brought in. It is clear that if he is out there, he is well-concealed.

Could Henry be faking his own death?

Yes, but not on his own.

Seems like it would almost be counter intuitive for Henry to fake his own death by placing those repeated, scary sounding calls in the middle of the night to his wife and brother. That could be enough for some family members to grow concerned and call Mounds View police immediately to check on or try to locate Henry. If police had been on the lookout for Henry sooner, it would have given him less time to disappear. Also, if Henry did leave on his own I would think he might have possibly been faking his intoxication (the friend saying he took his wallet suggests he was quite intoxicated), because if you had plotted to fake a disappearance while your wife was out of town and fake the phone calls etc I'd imagine you'd want to be sober/clear headed for that.

Does anyone know off hand if the brother or wife called back HM's phone right after those calls came in? In the wife's interviews on tv-did she mention the bounced rent check and the bad job review? I'm wanting to know if the police discovered that on their own or was it originally reported by family.
I'm guessing there is nowhere that you can listen to the whole phone call?

If H was a victim...

A random attack is possible, but criminals who attack randomly usually do so for money or possessions, then run. So, where is H's body and/or evidence of an attack?

An abduction seems IMO unlikely, but most things about this case seem that way. For what reason would H have been abducted? No ransom suggested. Information?

Assuming H was intoxicated, could he have wandered into a building, been attacked, then succumbed to his injuries?

Occam's razor usually works, but what is the most obvious?

If H was a victim...

A random attack is possible, but criminals who attack randomly usually do so for money or possessions, then run. So, where is H's body and/or evidence of an attack?

An abduction seems IMO unlikely, but most things about this case seem that way. For what reason would H have been abducted? No ransom suggested. Information?

Assuming H was intoxicated, could he have wandered into a building, been attacked, then succumbed to his injuries?

Occam's razor usually works, but what is the most obvious?

I know Henry doesn't fit the mold of a young college guy, but all I keep thinking about in this case is all those young men who have disappeared after a night of drinking and are more often than not found in water nearby.

I know Henry doesn't fit the mold of a young college guy, but all I keep thinking about in this case is all those young men who have disappeared after a night of drinking and are more often than not found in water nearby.

I have to agree, there are so many bodies of water around there he could have stumbled into one in the dark - even a retention pond. I keep going back to how some of the garbling on the recording sounds like someone drowning - maybe it wasn't as sinister a scene as him being shover head first into a bucket by some mafia henchmen, but something sadly accidental, like he was severely intoxicated and just trying to stay above water. In that situation you would definitely try to make a call, right? I wonder how possible it is to get stuck in a marsh and begin sinking or fall into water and still be able to make a call. Perhaps LE needs to re-enact that scenario if they still have no leads.

This scenario is certainly possible. While I know some bodies never surface, most do between 2-3 weeks. It's been nearly 8 weeks. What about the statement by H, "They are afraid?" What about the, "Shut up?"

New website being created. So far
http://www.findhenrymccabe.com/about/
IMO this site is to get the donations flowing. There's not much there but mainly a link to their asking for money site and link to the find HM Facebook which also seems focused on needing money. This new site or FB would be perfect for posting the phone calls, why aren't they there? If folks had an idea of where to search I am pretty sure they could get many volunteers. JMO. I just wish if people went through the trouble of putting up a page allegedly to find someone that they would put actual information & not just some pictures and copy/paste nonsense.

I wonder what time CJ left the club and if LE has investigated his movements after leaving the club. Has no surveillance of HM been found after he was dropped off at the gas station?

I wonder why the Holiday video and the time H left Holiday haven't been made public. One would also think there would have been video surveillance from the club, as well as the exact time H left. Sure would help with sleuthing.

IMO this site is to get the donations flowing. There's not much there but mainly a link to their asking for money site and link to the find HM Facebook which also seems focused on needing money. This new site or FB would be perfect for posting the phone calls, why aren't they there? If folks had an idea of where to search I am pretty sure they could get many volunteers. JMO. I just wish if people went through the trouble of putting up a page allegedly to find someone that they would put actual information & not just some pictures and copy/paste nonsense.

BBM

This reminds me of Pierre Collins (Barway)

I remember we determined POV's does not have external cameras, only inside, right? The video of him at holiday really should be on the news to help anyone that might have been there jog a memory loose.

Do any of you think this could be connected in any way to Henry's involvement in Barway's case? Could Pierre Collins have had something against him?

I remember we determined POV's does not have external cameras, only inside, right? The video of him at holiday really should be on the news to help anyone that might have been there jog a memory loose.

Do any of you think this could be connected in any way to Henry's involvement in Barway's case? Could Pierre Collins have had something against him?
I'm only 95% sure they don't have outside cameras. I want thinking, and only checked the outside of the building, not the poles. There weren't any cameras attached to the building or the street poles.

There could have been cameras on the parking lot poles, I didn't pay attention to those.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm only 95% sure they don't have outside cameras. I want thinking, and only checked the outside of the building, not the poles. There weren't any cameras attached to the building or the street poles.

There could have been cameras on the parking lot poles, I didn't pay attention to those.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thank you for confirming what you did see and for all you do!

HC's disappearance is both baffling and intriguing. Usually, there's a motive or, at least, something suspicious. It's as if H was taken by space aliens. The disappearance could involve only H, or it could involve one or multiple persons. WPK seems to be off the hook as a POI since the Holiday sighting. Apparently, no motive has been mentioned - no sex, drugs, ransom, illegal activity, nothing political, as in most disappearances. Cell phone is dead. Nothing. Nada. Nil. H, with a wife and two children, appears to have been a straight arrow. How can a person disappear like this?

HC's disappearance is both baffling and intriguing. Usually, there's a motive or, at least, something suspicious. It's as if H was taken by space aliens. The disappearance could involve only H, or it could involve one or multiple persons. WPK seems to be off the hook as a POI since the Holiday sighting. Apparently, no motive has been mentioned - no sex, drugs, ransom, illegal activity, nothing political, as in most disappearances. Cell phone is dead. Nothing. Nada. Nil. H, with a wife and two children, appears to have been a straight arrow. How can a person disappear like this?
WPK may not be off the hook if more than one person was involved. That's why I'd be very interested in knowing anything of Henry's movements after he was dropped off at Holiday and CJ's after he left the club.

I'm thinking someone else the trio socialized with at the club could have left the club and driven to Holiday separately to divert suspicion, and then picked up Henry after he was dropped off by WPK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back