Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think WPK was saying that people have been attacking WPK on social media.
Maybe that's what you meant to say too.

The context makes it a bit vague to me, but it seems you are right that he means himself. His entire interview seems to be about himself. BBM

Investigators with Mounds View Police say they are "actively" pursuing the case. Police say this is not a criminal case and they don't have any suspects.

By contrast, Kennedy says people have been attacking him on social media. He reached out to KARE 11 to share his story.
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...-missing-mounds-view-man-speaks-out/72923062/

that is in New Brighton - not what I was expecting. It's like the Bermuda triangle IMO. Thank God for volunteers.

Also - so we know if he was drunk according to his friend?

The city border with Mounds View is just up the road on Silver Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see where they are getting 5 miles? ("Mounds View Police said Saturday that the last call made from Henry McCabe's cell phone pinged off a tower near Silver Lake Road and Mississippi street in New Brighton.

That's about five miles from the Super America gas station where William Papus Kennedy said he dropped off McCabe on Labor Day morning." http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...-missing-mounds-view-man-speaks-out/72923062/ )

When I map it, it's only 1.7 miles
c8a6fd1f0c45779bf5ffeacad621d8c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I don't see where they are getting 5 miles? ("Mounds View Police said Saturday that the last call made from Henry McCabe's cell phone pinged off a tower near Silver Lake Road and Mississippi street in New Brighton.

That's about five miles from the Super America gas station where William Papus Kennedy said he dropped off McCabe on Labor Day morning." http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...-missing-mounds-view-man-speaks-out/72923062/ )

When I map it, it's only 1.7 miles

I don't either, and I am curious which tower it pinged off of, because if you check the map of TMobile towers, none are close to that location.

I wonder how reliable that information is. There's a Creekside park in N. Mpls not to far from where the body was recovered from the river.

They were specific to those streets tho. Could the police have said the park and the media assumed the New Brighton one and the police are letting them go with it so their investigation is safe?

Or am I just way over thinking it?

So, who is the person in the river? Certainly, it can be determined if he is African American.

I thought the same thing. The last sentence in this article makes me think he's not.
That's very interesting. They must have info from the sheriff's office.

I wonder why they haven't released anything publicly yet.

I don't either, and I am curious which tower it pinged off of, because if you check the map of TMobile towers, none are close to that location.

I've been listening to the Undisclosed podcast Re: the Adnan Syed case. They've covered cell tower pings in that case quite extensively. It seems to me that cell phone pings are not a super reliable science.

Here's an interesting article related to tower pings.

From the article:
But numerous experts and telecommunications workers say the FBI analysis techniques are wrong: Cellphone signals do not always use the closest tower when in use but instead are routed by a computerized switching center to the tower that best serves the phone network based on a variety of factors. In addition, the range of cell towers varies greatly, and tower ranges overlap significantly, and the size and shape of a tower’s range shifts constantly, experts say.

I'm catching up with this case. I'm so sorry to read about it, especially after the Barway Collins case in the same area - this must be all the more upsetting with the community still processing that sad situation.

That's very interesting. They must have info from the sheriff's office.

I wonder why they haven't released anything publicly yet.

If it was or suspected to be a suicide no information is typically released. Often times one may hear on a popular FB page (Police Clips) a situation that doesn't appear in MSM.

I once witnessed some jump into the Mississippi from a high bridge. He didn't survive - watched him being recovered from the river. Being admittedly nosy I contacted a couple media outlets to be told there had been no such event to their knowledge. And that suicides are not reported.

If it was or suspected to be a suicide no information is typically released. Often times one may hear on a popular FB page (Police Clips) a situation that doesn't appear in MSM.

I once witnessed some jump into the Mississippi from a high bridge. He didn't survive - watched him being recovered from the river. Being admittedly nosy I contacted a couple media outlets to be told there had been no such event to their knowledge. And that suicides are not reported.

So are you thinking the male body recovered from the Mississippi was a suicide, but that it wasn't Henry?

I'm hoping that since Henry's case has been in the news, LE will let the public know when/if he is found (even if suicide). ??

Of course, I hope that when he is found, he is safe and alive.

JMO.

That's why I was thinking we might hear more about the body. I don't recall any recent "jumper" posts on Police Clips so I was leaning away from that. Not to say there aren't any missing known to be suicidal people, if that makes any sense.

I know a body was recovered not too long ago from the channel that leads to Locke Lake and there were no high profile missing cases at that time so I was hoping the media would follow up on this one because of Henry.

A note on phone pings, that term is used to cover a variety of ways LE can trace a phone call. Some are more accurate than others. They were somehow able to state the nearest intersection, which makes me think they have more than just a tower ID.

I am not a telecommunicaions expert so I am going to link to a post by longshanks on the Thelma Krull thread where he very agiley explains it:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nipeg-MB-11-July-2015&p=12050974#post12050974

Here are a couple more interesting reads on the subject:
http://www.crypto.com/blog/celltapping/
http://www.diligentiagroup.com/lega...g-cell-phone-location-cell-tower-information/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back