Found Deceased MN - Henry McCabe, 31, Mounds View, 7 September 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anybody know if Pov's/Club c'este la vie has cameras outside? Has LE determined that HM & WPK actually left the bar together?

I have a feeling that by the time LE started legitimately investigating HM's disappearance, any camera footage at the club or gas station was gone. I feel like I always hear that the tapes get recorded over on a weekly basis.

Still getting caught up on yesterdays posts but I have to agree with this. His income is public data. When I first heard about this case and was googling H's name his salary was one of the first things I came across. His 2014 salary is listed at $41,013.

As a retired MN teacher, that is a great salary. I bet a lot of first year teachers in MN with Master's degrees wish they could get that salary. Plus a state job has health insurance, something that is highly desirable.

He is going to be portrayed in a positive light because his friends and family want help from the public in order to find him.

It is not that easy to hide a fll grown body , is it?

Digging is really hard. Roots. Rocks. Hunting season will be coming so perhaps then he will be found if he was brought to the woods

Does anybody know if Pov's/Club c'este la vie has cameras outside? Has LE determined that HM & WPK actually left the bar together?

I have a feeling that by the time LE started legitimately investigating HM's disappearance, any camera footage at the club or gas station was gone. I feel like I always hear that the tapes get recorded over on a weekly basis.

My friend ,who is a really good businesman and owns a convenience store ,has had a security system that uses discs. He has had it for years and he said he keeps his discs

Still getting caught up on yesterdays posts but I have to agree with this. His income is public data. When I first heard about this case and was googling H's name his salary was one of the first things I came across. His 2014 salary is listed at $41,013.

Thanks for that info kelso! Definitely supports my thoughts about his job being made out to be more than it is. $41,000 a year for a family of four is at the lower level of "middle class". The median income for MN is $60,700 and the low cutoff for that income class is $40,468 according to a PEW analysis of 2013 census data.

I notice that the NamUs profile does not have his alias. The missing posters say that McCabe is also known as Joseph B Tuku. I wonder why he uses two names. Just adds to the oddness of this very strange case.

This link is an older article, but it mentions the alias. http://www.startribune.com/police-s...o-why-mounds-view-man-went-missing/327762561/

As for the search expanding to California and Liberia, it sounds like the non-profit organization is simply reaching out to people that he knows in those places. It is just the media sensationalizing the headline that makes it sound like they are actually searching there.

My guess here is that Joseph Borbor Tuku was his birth name in liberia, especially as his brother shares the Borbor name. Henry McCabe sounds like a name he acquired after entering the US. It does make history before 10 years ago or so a bit hard to find.

I don't think his job has anything to do with why he is being portrayed so highly in MSM - I think it has a lot more to do with how most missing people are portrayed with their best things highlighted, and how he was regarded personally within this community or by people he helped or represented politically.

It is not that easy to hide a fll grown body , is it?

Digging is really hard. Roots. Rocks. Hunting season will be coming so perhaps then he will be found if he was brought to the woods

It is laughably easy. Think of all the cases here where the body is never found. In this area of MN especially there are lakes, ponds, wells, abandoned buildings, marshes, factories, landfills, rivers, woods, warehouses, and any number of ways. There is also no hunting in these woods or in this area, it is a park system in between three suburbs.

My son was an employee of SA in the area and has been to both of these stores. The security cameras usually store footage for a fairly extended period of time. They no longer record over tapes, etc. He feels the video evidence should still be available. There are also cameras outside. He clarifies that he will not be 100% because people get excited and stupid things happen. (He works retail asset protection). All his opinion. Pov's has cameras inside - I'm not sure about inside. That's my opinion.

My son was an employee of SA in the area and has been to both of these stores. The security cameras usually store footage for a fairly extended period of time. They no longer record over tapes, etc. He feels the video evidence should still be available. There are also cameras outside. He clarifies that he will not be 100% because people get excited and stupid things happen. (He works retail asset protection). All his opinion. Pov's has cameras inside - I'm not sure about inside. That's my opinion.

I think LE has footage and they are just not disclosing what is on it!

My guess here is that Joseph Borbor Tuku was his birth name in liberia, especially as his brother shares the Borbor name. Henry McCabe sounds like a name he acquired after entering the US. It does make history before 10 years ago or so a bit hard to find.

I don't think his job has anything to do with why he is being portrayed so highly in MSM - I think it has a lot more to do with how most missing people are portrayed with their best things highlighted, and how he was regarded personally within this community or by people he helped or represented politically.

It is laughably easy. Think of all the cases here where the body is never found. In this area of MN especially there are lakes, ponds, wells, abandoned buildings, marshes, factories, landfills, rivers, woods, warehouses, and any number of ways. There is also no hunting in these woods or in this area, it is a park system in between three suburbs.

I agree with people not being found and people are found years later sometimes.

Water-- the body usually floats up from gases.

The woods-- hard to carry anyone very far.

Walking through marshes-- ugh.

Wells have well covers and are a pretty narrow pipe.

Digging is really hard unless in sand.

Landfill-- highly monitored and controlled access.

abandoned buildings--that seems possible.

If he was in the park, wouldn't someone have found him?

If he was in the park, wouldn't someone have found him?

I agree, they have searched around there many times now, but I still haven't seen or heard what exactly they search. Its not like he would be right there by the sidwalks without being found or noticed at this point. Where are the searches of the railroad tracks or trail? What about long lake or the retention pond behind medrtonic that backs right up onto the rice creek trail? It is so weird to me that searches are only happening on weekends (the publicized MCPS ones anyway). They have to know they are looking for a body if anything, and the longer they take, the less likely they will get any answers on what happened if they do find him. It feels like LE are letting them stay busy while they obtain warrants or investigate other angles. There is a reason they aren't out there every few days with dogs and sonar and whathaveyou and I don't think it is apathy.

I thought it was reported early on that LE had seen the footage from the SA and could not confirm he was ever there. Hang on, I'll go back and look for the link.

Edited to add: I guess it was his wife that said there was no sign of him.

"Police are reviewing surveillance footage from that morning to see if they can learn anything. On Saturday, McCabe's wife told KARE 11 there was no sign of her husband on the video."

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/loc...-man/72488512/

I thought it was reported early on that LE had seen the footage from the SA and could not confirm he was ever there. Hang on, I'll go back and look for the link.

Edited to add: I guess it was his wife that said there was no sign of him.

"Police are reviewing surveillance footage from that morning to see if they can learn anything. On Saturday, McCabe's wife told KARE 11 there was no sign of her husband on the video."

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/loc...-man/72488512/

According to this article from Friday:
KARE 11 asked Chief Kinney if the surveillance video from the gas station showed the alleged drop off. His response: "We have not been able to locate or verify that yet."

The FB page for Club C'est La Vie shows a very active nightclub.

How did H get there w/o a vehicle? Public transportation? A ride with someone? Taxi?

If H spent several hours there, one would think he would have danced or talked to people. Why is there no information about his time at the club? Is this poor reporting? Who did H interact with at the club?

How did it end up that K offered H a ride? Were they together a lot that evening?

Did H, by chance, meet someone at the club with intentions to meet up later - perhaps a reason to ask to be let off somewhere other than his residence? Did he make a stop on his walking route home?

How did H get there w/o a vehicle? Public transportation? A ride with someone? Taxi?

If H spent several hours there, one would think he would have danced or talked to people. Why is there no information about his time at the club? Is this poor reporting? Who did H interact with at the club?

How did it end up that K offered H a ride? Were they together a lot that evening?

Did H, by chance, meet someone at the club with intentions to meet up later - perhaps a reason to ask to be let off somewhere other than his residence? Did he make a stop on his walking route home?

From what I've read, it sounds like he rode to the club with K and others, but no one has actually specified that from what I can find. His wife stated that she had spoken with him before he went to Pov's and that he had to let her go because "they " were heading out to go there.

According to a FB post by CJ, H was with a group of friends at a cookout on Sunday, 9/6. After the cookout, they decided to go to the club since Monday was a holiday. My guess is he caught a ride to the club with one of the friends from the cookout.

I actually know someone (a Liberian) who was at the club that night but did not speak with Henry. According to this person, the notion that HM & WPK were only acquaintances is BS.

Guess we cannot sleuth WPK re: forum rules. Just something to think about.

But, who WAS at the club that's going to speak out? Someone must have talked to H while he was there.

According to a FB post by CJ, H was with a group of friends at a cookout on Sunday, 9/6. After the cookout, they decided to go to the club since Monday was a holiday. My guess is he caught a ride to the club with one of the friends from the cookout.

I actually know someone (a Liberian) who was at the club that night but did not speak with Henry. According to this person, the notion that HM & WPK were only acquaintances is BS.

HMMMM, very interesting - I don't believe he was ever dropped at that convenience store, either.

And here we go...

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...sing-mounds-view-man-friends-story-questioned

In case of missing Mounds View man, friend's story questioned

The last person who saw Henry McCabe before he disappeared said he dropped his friend off at a gas station. He took investigators to the station and showed them where he parked.

But surveillance footage doesn't back up the story.

Perhaps it was a different gas station, the friend said.

But no gas station cameras in the area captured the friend's vehicle.

And here we go...

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...sing-mounds-view-man-friends-story-questioned

In case of missing Mounds View man, friend's story questioned

The last person who saw Henry McCabe before he disappeared said he dropped his friend off at a gas station. He took investigators to the station and showed them where he parked.

But surveillance footage doesn't back up the story.

Perhaps it was a different gas station, the friend said.

But no gas station cameras in the area captured the friend's vehicle.

And there is a lot more in that article... Sounds like the search warrant was executed to obtain WPK's cell phone records. They are saying he is not a POI at this time. I bet that will change very soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back