MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, KeepHopeAlive. I truly hope there is some new information/insights about Jacob's case in the show. It's frustrating that these cases sometimes take decades to solve due to a lack of adequate evidence. Wish we were allowed to know what evidence the authorities currently possess. I'm also still trying to find out if any other young men have been assaulted in that area during the last four years. It would be interesting if the attacks just suddenly stopped. Not that it would necessarily point to DR. I'm sure there are sex offenders who have left the area or died during that time.

"Due process is the legal requirement that the state must respect all of the legal rights that are owed to a person. Typically, "Due process" means 1) Notice, generally written, but some courts have determined, in rare circumstances, other types of notice suffice.[citation needed] Notice should provide sufficient detail to fully inform the individual of the decision or activity that will have an effect on his/her rights or property or person. 2) right to grieve (that being the right to complain or to disagree with the governmental actor/entity that has decision making authority) and 3) the right to appeal if not satisfied with the outcome of the grievance procedure. Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due-process violation, which offends against the rule of law."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Due_process

Thanks for the info, KeepHopeAlive. I truly hope there is some new information/insights about Jacob's case in the show. It's frustrating that these cases sometimes take decades to solve due to a lack of adequate evidence. Wish we were allowed to know what evidence the authorities currently possess. I'm also still trying to find out if any other young men have been assaulted in that area during the last four years. It would be interesting if the attacks just suddenly stopped. Not that it would necessarily point to DR. I'm sure there are sex offenders who have left the area or died during that time.

RBBM

I think died, arrested or had the $&#^$ scared out of him are all possible reasons. The last usually causes the offender to move to another area because of too much "heat".

Steering the conversation back to Jacob...I was doing some searching for John Walsh's show, "The Hunt," which is supposed to feature Jacob's case, and I found an air date of Sunday, August 31, 2014, on this site:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode/the-hunt-with-john-walsh/justice-denied/

I'm excited for the show. They already caught (and killed in the process) the first guy they featured on the show. Granted that was a much more recent case but it proves that people are watching and care enough to call in information.

I understand each of us has our own theory/theories about who abducted Jacob. I vacillate between several as I'm sure at least of few of you do. Depending on how close I zoom in, or how far I zoom out -- as well as thinking about information posted here -- my thoughts can change. However, I still keep going back to St. John's Abbey. Behindthepinecurtain has information about a particular individual who passed in 2009. Many here may have already read the in depth information on the aforementioned site as it pertains to the disappearances of Jacob as well as JGuimond. It is interesting to note what seems to be reticence on the part of the sheriff to keep digging for information and answers about any potential links. This is possibly due to his long standing affiliation (and possible conflict of interest) with the school. For that matter, many in the community have reasons for not wanting any sordid info related to St. John's to come out -- and it seems to all get back to money and reputation. I think I mentioned I once got into a "discussion" with an editor at the Star Tribune. At that time she seemed unwilling to touch any story related to the abbey with a ten foot pole. Where is my evidence you might be pondering. Neither I nor anyone can get a lick of it unless the sheriff is willing to divulge information regarding his investigations at the abbey. Fat chance. Still, I think it's important to continue seeking answers. I believe that someday, someone affiliated with the abbey is going to have a crisis of conscience and speak. Not the perpetrator -- no, I think that chance has been lost, alas -- but someone with knowledge of the secrets that continue to be heavily guarded at the abbey. Just my thoughts -- my views -- after studying both cases for the last decade. Hoping to keep the dialogue going until new information comes out that would offer further insight and clarity into the case. I was wondering who thinks the Paynesville cases are connected to Jacob/Jared's cases?

Human, I tend to agree with you about the earlier assaults and Jared's being connected. And for whatever it's worth, keep looking at Pinecurtain for another monk worth pondering in connection with this case. It's all there on Pinecurtain. I'm too skittish to mention the name here, eh -- I don't why as the creep is no longer on the earth.

I think you mean W, right?

Why do you think Father G was hanging around?

Hi Human, yes -- last name "W." Father G - my guess, to keep on eye on what was being said and by whom -- see what people are thinking, in what direction their minds are focused. Cast a positive image for the abbey. sigh

It appears Jared did not id any of the people that have been brought up.

DAH, Bah..,,, Bo...,, DR,

Who else?

Could it be a priest who was never paraded in front of him?

"My whole name is Jacob Erwin Wetterling."

"My favorite food is steak."

"My favorite color is blue."

"My best friend is Aaron Larson."

"I don't have a favorite song."

"My favorite game is Clue."

"My favorite TV show is the Cosby Show."

"What I want to be when I grow up is a football player."

"My favorite hobby is collecting football cards."

-From Jacob's class project filmed one week prior to his abduction. Source: October 20, 1993 St. Cloud Times

Some beast robbed this child of his life. How thoroughly has the sheriff investigated all possibilities in this case? I don't know. I can tell you that it seemed once sheriff Sanner saw where the trail might lead in the Guimond case, he shut down. Here it is, 25 years since Jacob was abducted, and twelve years since JG vanished from the campus of St. John's -- four years since DR's farm was dug up again -- Paynesville cases still unresolved -- Jared's rapist either free or possibly dead -- all events having occurred within a specific geographical area....and we have DR's farm in the mix, which has been searched several times, and we have the abbey -- in which some searching was done but only after a few diligent souls made numerous requests to sheriff's dept. To this day the results of those searches remain sealed.

Other sex offenders may have been shown to Jared, but I am almost positive none of the monks at the abbey were. Why are the sex offenses committed within the walls of the abbey any less egregious than those outside of it? Answer -- they aren't. And this is the shame of it and the injustice of it.

Along with the info on Behind the Pine Curtain there is also this website Bishop Accountability with the St. Cloud and St. John's Abbey accused, sued and convicted priests who have all abused children in the area and could be dead now or in a different state or even different country now. Some have even been investigated in children's deaths in the past. I think the answers could be in here somewhere.

http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp

Who had access to the class project film?

I know some people want to go with the stalking idea.

Please look at the maps and see the situation where Jacob lived.

This is a cul de sac that had 5 or 7 houses. I forget now.

This cul de sac is way off of the beaten path.

Jacob had a family dog.

I would imagine other neighbors did as well.

I cannot see how anyone could be stalking in that neighborhood without being noticed.

I do not live on a cul de sac, but I live on a dirt road that now has like 10 houses.

When a car comes down our road, we notice.

I suppose someone could park further down the road and walk. Not so easy in the dark.

I cannot see the incredible amount of planning and strategizing that would be involved to get Jacob when there are plenty of kids out there who would be easy targets.

Look at how many kids DAH got in an area that had something like 1,000 or less residents

Post 639 by ELOCsoul.

The perp picked Jacob out of the three boys based on questions he asked.

Who on the school staff could have viewed the class film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member