MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my theory, he knows something...and was involved in hiding facts.

I can begin to buy into this theory because it says my best suspect is involved and has been lying through his teeth for 25 years.

Putting together a scenario

On sunday evening, a priest from the abbey felt bad that DR was spending so much time alone. He walks the six miles from the abbey to the farm, but not before stashing a bag (boots, gun, ski mask) in the ditch. He arrives at the farm, but DR gives him a cold reception and does not let him inside. The priest leaves and grabs his stash. While walking up the driveway the boys come by in the dark, the priest lies low and waits for their return. DR feels bad for shutting out the priest, so he never says a thing about it. All imo.

Um. Why would the priest have those items with him and stash them?

Here's another scenario. A monk has been targeting and molesting young men/children for years. He gets away with it because he is, after all, a priest and priests don't do that, especially when victims are too afraid to tell anyone because they've been threatened. The monk has an esteemed position at the university. His peers are aware of his proclivities because many of them share the same inclinations. The university/abbey does a good job keeping all the bad stuff under wraps because they are well connected with their alumni and the community. After all, the football team has a wonderful reputation and is a great moneymaker for the school. The alumni certainly don't want to be made aware of anything nefarious going on because think how that would tarnish their degree. And the football games and alumni events wouldn't be as much fun. The monks carry on, victims start complaining, a fellow who was a "fixer" at the abbey gets sick of the whole mess, gets out of the business of being a monk and joins a law firm. The former "fixer" is intimately aware of how much illegal activity has been going on, how it has been covered up and how much has been lied about. A number of sex offenders are "confined" to the campus (where some of their favorite prey are located) and yet are seen throughout the community. There is little to no "supervision" of them. A couple of the monks come across as especially odd, secretive, cold, dead eyed -- at the time Jacob was abducted and Joshua went missing, these monks had not yet had their sexual offenses exposed. Efforts made to expose them were quickly squelched by the abbey. The sheriff was never one to interfere with the activities at the abbey, because when the abbot told him that the church has its own laws and remedies for how sexual offenses are handled, he went along with that. When Jacob was abducted, only a few of the monks involved in criminal activity were publicly known. The others weren't exposed until a law firm representing some victims and an independent advocate started outing the molesters. When JG vanished from the campus, whispers began about who might have been involved. A professor began to study the case in depth. One of his specialties is personality profiling of politician, but his training and skills can be applied to criminal cases as well. Being located at the school, he has had the benefit of observing these monks for a very long time. He believes that it is unusual to have numerous sexual predators operating within a specific geographic territory. He surmises there may be a particular monk(s) involved, mainly due to the now documented knowledge of many of their sordid histories. He looks at the targets in the community thus far - young adolescents to older teens. The police never interview nor investigate the sex offenders at the abbey -- not until much later. Whatever information they found, they will not reveal, stating that both Jacob's case and JG's case are active investigations. Jacob's has always been active, but in my opinion not Joshua's. For a long time it was stated by the sheriff that Joshua's disappearance from the campus was most likely an accident of some kind. A monk's room was searched after he passed. The sheriff will not reveal what, if anything, was found. Fast forward to 2010, DR's farm is investigated for a third time and he is named a POI. Where has DR worked in the past? St. John's and St. Benedicts, the same location where some of the most notorious sex offender monks worked. How well did he know some of these monks? Did anyone ever ask him? Where were these particular monks when Jacob was abducted? Did DR associate with any of these monks after hours? On the computer? Anytime or anywhere? Did they share any common interests? Did DR ever cross paths with JG? Did DR know where the cabins were that the monks liked to enjoy a little "down" time? Can people who may share certain tastes ever consort with one another? Can someone have something that looks like a gun but isn't really a gun -- such as a toy gun? Were DR's guns confiscated? What was on his computer? What was on the computer of the monk who suddenly died of an aneurysm and showed up at the morgue with extreme trauma on his head due to a "fall?" Is there a common denominator? Where is all the evidence? Where is the evidence for DR after four years? How thoroughly were the grounds of the abbey searched were particular monks liked to hang out to do their gardening etc etc? What about the numerous cabins and properties the church owns in rural locations in MN? A boy is abducted in the area, a young man suddenly disappears from the campus, other young people are sexually assaulted and none of the sex offenders at the abbey are questioned about their whereabouts on those nights? Why not?

It's almost perfect. That is along my thinking almost exactly. I don't know how thoroughly anything at the abbey was searched, but I think it was only once. And really, the abbey took out a restraining order to keep Josh's dad off campus. Who does that? Seriously, who does that??? Obviously they are hiding something! But what and about how many victims?

Maybe it gets down to, the reason more answers haven't been found is because the right questions haven't been asked. What was DR asked? He may have answered questions "truthfully" because the questions were not properly directed. If Tom G went to the Wetterlings, did any other monks ever pay a visit to the Rassiers for any reason? Did any of the monks from the abbey ever "fill in" for any of the Catholic churches in Paynesville or participate in events there? Did DR attend football games at St. John's? Who did he socialize with? Were his phone records ever searched? Was he seen communicating with any of the monks there? The answers to these kinds of questions may mean nothing at all, or, they may provide pieces to a larger puzzle. There's a reason this case hasn't been solved yet, and perhaps it's because there's something the sheriff hasn't seen or doesn't want to see. A poster asked a good question -- was Jared ever shown the faces of any of the monks? What if forensic sketches were made of certain monks altering their features to rewind 25 years of aging? What did Jared say when he saw a picture of DR?

I just don't think DR is the one for Jared.

Human, what are your thoughts about Jared's abductor? Did Jared see the perpetrator's face? Do you think Jared's attack was related to Paynesville attacks?

1. Jared was asked by the perp if Jared recognized him.

The perp asked Jared for directions.

I believe Jared came up with the sketch of the clean shaven guy with the hat.

All of those things lead me to believe he saw the perp.

2. It is possible the Paynesville attacks were related, but remember one of the boys indicated he was approached twice at two different times. I wonder about some of those attacks.

3. It seems like there are so many sex offenders in that area. Perhaps it is that way everywhere?

Which of the individuals whose names have been bandied about here have been convicted of crimes against minors?

Which of the individuals whose names have been bandied about here have been convicted of crimes against minors?

Convicted of sexually abusing minors:
DAH, RB, MB, AB, MF, MWW, FJP, DS (LK's roommate), PJM, DA, DPW, PS

ADMITTED sexually abusing minors, but were never convicted because the church hid them:
PP, FTG, FH (was arrested, but never served time), FJT, RJ (died before he could be convicted)

Code for names that go with initials at link.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...TS***NO-DISCUSSION***&p=10716887#post10716887

My question for today is-

Could it now be considered too late to possibly "tip off" the abductor?

My question for today is-

Could it now be considered too late to possibly "tip off" the abductor?

Do you mean someone at the abbey? Some were questioned when Jacob went missing. There has been plenty of talk and suspicion about someone at the abbey being involved.

Do you mean someone at the abbey? Some were questioned when Jacob went missing. There has been plenty of talk and suspicion about someone at the abbey being involved.

Sure, or even matthew feeny.

MF has an alibi.

Tip off the abductor. That is hilarious, is it not?

2. It is possible the Paynesville attacks were related, but remember one of the boys indicated he was approached twice at two different times. I wonder about some of those attacks.

3. It seems like there are so many sex offenders in that area. Perhaps it is that way everywhere?

Duane Hart assaulted upwards of 40 boys and men in the area around Paynesville, I believe most but not all were willing participants. Knowing that the abused tend to abuse, any one of those men could be responsible for any or all of the attacks and abductions in the area.

IMO, it's quite likely the perpetrators in many of these crimes are in the files of LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978