MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know anything about the R family and any if these priests?

We know Gillespie went to the Wetterlings to comfort them.

Red flag!!!:liar:

I am retired now so this was a long time ago.

When I was growing up, the really rich boys went to boarding school at St. John's Prep.

The parents of a lot of these boys would be dead now.

Can you imagine what they might think?

Sending their boys there for a ton of money. Grrrrr

The story of Gallatin is interesting.

Did he stop at that one instance of touching the boy?

That is a question I feel that relates to the case of Jacob.

Was it a one time thing and then it ended?

It seems like the priests would be a wealth of info if they could be studied and data added to what is known about molesters.

It is mind blowing!!!!!

It seems to me that the last sentence in this documentary sums it all up: "Nothing has changed." And I'm starting to better understand why the sheriff may have given up, along with many others, in trying to seek the truth. It's rather impossible when the wall of secrecy and deceitfulness remains as thick and arrogant as it ever was. The behavior is completely self serving, with no regard whatsoever for the welfare of children. Lots of talk, lots of promises, lots of mea culpas, no change. How do you change a climate like this that is centuries in the making. I grew up going to church every Sunday and continued into young adulthood. Rest of the family is still Catholic, along with best friends. No one can accuse me of being insensitive or over judgemental about the church, because I love Pope Francis, but I absolutely detest that more progress has not been made. You know things are rotten when it takes lawsuit after lawsuit to get any kind of justice. So how can we hope to get a complete picture of any possible involvement on the part of monks at the abbey with regard to Jacob, Joshua or any other victims? All we have are the whisperings of cover ups and a search of a deceased monk's room. No search of the abbey's grounds, cabins, etc. No investigation = no answers. Still have to keep searching, though -- because one of these days a miracle might happen and someone's conscience might just crack enough for the truth to slip out.

Evil evil evil.

They can try to justify it all they want, but denial ain't gonna work.

They will stand before their maker one day and their answers won't work.

Their hearts are evil and self serving.

I hope some try to save themselves with real compassion for others.

There are 6 men in the case files at the beginning of this thread that have been looked at by LE that are affiliated with the abbey. SIX! Obviously LE knows the abbey is hiding something.

All theory on my part. I highly doubt there will be POI's named from St. John's because alibis for the various priests for the nights when abductions/assaults occurred were never investigated. A meager effort was made for the Guimond case only long after the fact. Pinecurtain offers some info about these cases that in my opinion merits further thought. DR is still a "POI" but apparently not enough concrete evidence was found to charge him, not even after three rounds of extensive digging. But they never did any digging at St. John's -- and not because there were not any suspicions. My thoughts are from standing back and looking at that area and what any common denominators might be, as well as what has and has not been examined so far. As I've said before, no one has been given access to Sheriff Sanner's files, in spite of several inquiries. The sheriff was willing to pursue DR, but seemed very reluctant to look into legitimate concerns posed by others about certain monks. How could it be so easy to exclude potential connections to these assaults when so many monks in that location have extensive histories of child molestation? They were not monitored and not accountable to anyone. The fact that their criminal behavior was covered up and lied about for so long in spite of numerous young victims coming forward adds to my concern. Incoming conjecture -- I believe that in spite of what has been uncovered so far, it may be the tip of the iceberg. Why? Because if an organization is that willing to deceive and hide such despicable behavior for so long, in my opinion they are willing to cover up many things. With regard to the possibility of someone associated with the abbey having information -- again, conjecture on my part, but I believe someone there may have seen or heard things and chose to look the other way. A lot of that goes on there and it always has.

Well put! Thanks for the explanation.

Here's another scenario. A monk has been targeting and molesting young men/children for years. He gets away with it because he is, after all, a priest and priests don't do that, especially when victims are too afraid to tell anyone because they've been threatened. The monk has an esteemed position at the university. His peers are aware of his proclivities because many of them share the same inclinations. The university/abbey does a good job keeping all the bad stuff under wraps because they are well connected with their alumni and the community. After all, the football team has a wonderful reputation and is a great moneymaker for the school. The alumni certainly don't want to be made aware of anything nefarious going on because think how that would tarnish their degree. And the football games and alumni events wouldn't be as much fun. The monks carry on, victims start complaining, a fellow who was a "fixer" at the abbey gets sick of the whole mess, gets out of the business of being a monk and joins a law firm. The former "fixer" is intimately aware of how much illegal activity has been going on, how it has been covered up and how much has been lied about. A number of sex offenders are "confined" to the campus (where some of their favorite prey are located) and yet are seen throughout the community. There is little to no "supervision" of them. A couple of the monks come across as especially odd, secretive, cold, dead eyed -- at the time Jacob was abducted and Joshua went missing, these monks had not yet had their sexual offenses exposed. Efforts made to expose them were quickly squelched by the abbey. The sheriff was never one to interfere with the activities at the abbey, because when the abbot told him that the church has its own laws and remedies for how sexual offenses are handled, he went along with that. When Jacob was abducted, only a few of the monks involved in criminal activity were publicly known. The others weren't exposed until a law firm representing some victims and an independent advocate started outing the molesters. When JG vanished from the campus, whispers began about who might have been involved. A professor began to study the case in depth. One of his specialties is personality profiling of politician, but his training and skills can be applied to criminal cases as well. Being located at the school, he has had the benefit of observing these monks for a very long time. He believes that it is unusual to have numerous sexual predators operating within a specific geographic territory. He surmises there may be a particular monk(s) involved, mainly due to the now documented knowledge of many of their sordid histories. He looks at the targets in the community thus far - young adolescents to older teens. The police never interview nor investigate the sex offenders at the abbey -- not until much later. Whatever information they found, they will not reveal, stating that both Jacob's case and JG's case are active investigations. Jacob's has always been active, but in my opinion not Joshua's. For a long time it was stated by the sheriff that Joshua's disappearance from the campus was most likely an accident of some kind. A monk's room was searched after he passed. The sheriff will not reveal what, if anything, was found. Fast forward to 2010, DR's farm is investigated for a third time and he is named a POI. Where has DR worked in the past? St. John's and St. Benedicts, the same location where some of the most notorious sex offender monks worked. How well did he know some of these monks? Did anyone ever ask him? Where were these particular monks when Jacob was abducted? Did DR associate with any of these monks after hours? On the computer? Anytime or anywhere? Did they share any common interests? Did DR ever cross paths with JG? Did DR know where the cabins were that the monks liked to enjoy a little "down" time? Can people who may share certain tastes ever consort with one another? Can someone have something that looks like a gun but isn't really a gun -- such as a toy gun? Were DR's guns confiscated? What was on his computer? What was on the computer of the monk who suddenly died of an aneurysm and showed up at the morgue with extreme trauma on his head due to a "fall?" Is there a common denominator? Where is all the evidence? Where is the evidence for DR after four years? How thoroughly were the grounds of the abbey searched were particular monks liked to hang out to do their gardening etc etc? What about the numerous cabins and properties the church owns in rural locations in MN? A boy is abducted in the area, a young man suddenly disappears from the campus, other young people are sexually assaulted and none of the sex offenders at the abbey are questioned about their whereabouts on those nights? Why not?

You know...this post is a plethora of info....but it is really #U@!ng hard to read....maybe breaking it up into segments would aid in understanding. A good post nonetheless.

It has been stated before that the parents were out of the US.

We do not know how often that happened--the parents being gone.

I imagine leaving a farm, especially a dairy farm, is not that easy. Perhaps they had retired by that time. Who knows.

DR has a special friend over.

The special friend is very interested in young boys.

The special friend came by an unobserved way. Not by the road. Probably through a back way.

Is it a dairy farm? That's a fact I totally missed. Dairy farms are totally schedule oriented. No deviations from the clock.

Maybe the special friend drove away in DR's car. Maybe DR then used the parent's car to go to work,etc.

Maybe it was noticed years later that DR was driving his parents' car in the days after the abduction.

Maybe the special friend came to DR's a few days later and DR drove him home

Clever. And Kevin's tracks would stand out. But that doesn't say much for LE. Or does it?

Human, you're probably right, but I have some faith that one of them someday might be overcome with the need to speak the truth. At least Patrick Wall did, so there's one. How about the sheriff himself? What information might he have in his case files on Joshua and Jacob? We want evidence but evidence is hard to come by when investigations aren't focused in areas where they should be. If a young person went missing on a campus housing numerous sex offenders, the first thing I would do is interview each one to obtain their alibis for that day and night. I would not patently ignore the fact that possible persons of interest with documented histories of sexual abuse live right there.

Pensions are important....to some.

I'm not so sure how it is now, but back in the day, the church could apply a lot of pressure as many of the elected officials, members of law enforcement and business owners were Catholics and the guilt and control some of the priests could exert was considerable. The threat of excommunication favors such as nullification of a marriage were powerful tools. The church traded in favors. My mom was one of the women who cleaned the church and rectory every day....for free as a devotion to the church. Only near the end of her life did she start to tell me of the things the cleaning women would see and find behind cushions etc.... She thought she would be sent to purgatory if she spoke of them to anyone. There is a "mental hospital" for priests directly across the street from the Catholic High School I attended.

Trust me, they have only started to crack the Catholic empire.

Do we know anything about the R family and any if these priests?

We know Gillespie went to the Wetterlings to comfort them.

Red flag!!!:liar:

WHY did TG comfort the Wetterlings?? They were not members of his church...I doubt they even knew each other!

Also, wasn't TG the pilot that took DR up to take pictures of the farm?

A MUST READ!!!!!!!

Could Gillespie been visiting the farm the night of Oct 22?

And the Wollmering!

Is there no priest who has a conscience out there?

Someone could do an incredible PhD or Post Doc on priests.

Who is attracted to the priesthood? What were their childhoods like?

How do they justify their sickness?

The studies that could be done and give insight to the world!!!!

I don't think it is simply the celibacy. After all, priests have plenty of females they can minister to.

It must attract a certain type.

One would think the decent priests would want this exposed so that they are not all lumped into the same rotten barrel.

Is it a dairy farm? That's a fact I totally missed. Dairy farms are totally schedule oriented. No deviations from the clock.

Here is some info on the designation as an historical preservation for the Rassier dairy farm, although someone on here posted a much better reference in the past.

https://www.edockets.state.mn.us/EF...AE-29C725ECD5BB}&documentTitle=20111-58107-01

Also, a sibling is a poet and has poems about growing up on a working dairy farm.

You maybe can find it by googling R dairy farm poetry.

nmogren, were you talking about Monday's article on MN Pulblic Radio about the number of priest abusers in MN tripling?

"At the hearing, Van de North contrasted Archbishop John Nienstedt's recent promises of transparency with the archdiocese's legal efforts to keep the names of many accused priests private. "It does seem to be a little bit of retrenchment again," he said.

For months, lawyers for the archdiocese have argued aggressively that many priests have been falsely accused and that their names should not be released. "

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/08/04/number-of-accused-priests?from=hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member