MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
regardless of which article or link we were looking at Phantom, you were right- nothing has changed. It will take a lot of lawyers to slowly bring about change regarding child sexual abuse, but they are forcing their hand. I wonder what it would take for them to uncover any information they have at the Abbey about Jacob.

My apologies. I need to take a technical writing class.

No worries, I was referring to the new story, but there is a lot of information regarding the priest abuse on the site.

To be fair, most parishioners had no idea at the time what these priests were doing behind closed doors. They seemed to be sincere, devout, friendly guys when you met them. I belonged to a youth group run by one of the priests now on restriction and we thought he was the greatest guy, lots of fun and very intelligent. The woman who used to do daycare for our son introduced me to Gillespie at one of the 4th of July festivals back in '88 or '89 - and he was a very likable guy. There was a lot of shock and disbelief among locals when all the information about them molesting young boys finally came out.

Sher, the pics of Gillespie look nothing like any sketches. He does resemble DR IMHO.

How tall was he? Does he look like any sketches to you?

Sher, the pics of Gillespie look nothing like any sketches. He does resemble DR IMHO.

One thing to remember is the sketches were done from Jarod's description. DR was for sure not Jarod's perp because he was playing in a band the night of Jarod's assault. I think after the tracks were figured out and DR was named the person of interest, the sketches have less significance in the case.

I also recommend going to SNAP online and googling St. John's Abbey for a plethora of information about priests that LE were interested in at the time Jacob went missing.

Youtube St. John's Abbey priest abuse...more than you would ever care to know about so, so many priests.

Nmogren, could you give links to your info please and thank you.

One thing to remember is the sketches were done from Jarod's description. DR was for sure not Jarod's perp because he was playing in a band the night of Jarod's assault. I think after the tracks were figured out and DR was named the person of interest, the sketches have less significance in the case.

Very true.

I am wondering if he resembles any of the sketches though, perhaps for Jared.

I wonder if Jared's family was Catholic?

But even if they were, they probably did not go to church in St. Joe

Nope, he looked nothing like the sketches, IMO. He had blonde hair when he was younger, and glasses. I don't remember his ears (LOL) so they couldn't have stuck out much. He was a little taller than me, but I'm only 5' 2" - so he isn't real tall. Maybe 5' 9" or 5' 10" at most?

(RBBM)
Was the part I bolded ever established for sure? I thought ELOC had stated it "was possible" DR was playing in a band with the Deutchmeisters or Betty Wolf that night??

(Not that I think DR had anything at all to do with Jared's abduction. I was just curious if this was proven fact.)

By any chance, does anyone happen to know where POI DR went to highschool/college?

http://patrickjwall.wordpress.com

I have been doing some reading on Patrick Wall, former St. Johns seminarian turned sexual abuse advocate and it looks like he was in the abbey in the 80s and 90s. I wonder if there is a way to get a hold of him and ask him about the atmosphere there after Jacob and Josh went missing?

I've always wondered what Pat Wall thought about Jacob's case in relation to the abbey. I think I tried to email him once with no response. My email exchanges with Sanner were pitiful. This is like standing in front of a mountain and telling it to move.

Since BW grew up in Hastings and interfaced with many of the area congregations, I wonder if his path ever crossed with DR

Jacob was abducted in October 1989. BW went on a sabbatical 1990.
Joshua Guimond disappeared November 9, 2002. BW retired in 2003.

So many little puzzle pieces to ponder.

"Nominees for the ROCORI 2013 Teacher of the Year included Josh Austad, Middle School Social Studies; Brad Bauer, Secondary Science; Brian Herrig, Secondary Global Languages—Spanish; Mark Larcom, Physical Education and Adaptive PE at Cold Spring Elementary; Jay Larson, Industrial Technology and Driver’s Training at the Senior High; Christine Poff, Third Grade at Cold Spring Elementary; Dan Rassier, Music at John Clark Elementary School and St. Boniface; Patti Rice, Language Arts at the Senior High; and Natalie Spengler, Language Arts and Reading at the Middle School"
Excerpted from the Ricori School District online newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member