MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help give some navigation to this photo. I'm assume DR's driveway is on the right, next to the cop car. That ditch doesn't look nearly as deep as it does in the photo with the bikes. Or were the bikes across the street? And is the Tom Thumb located on that other side of the hill, so they were walking home towards the direction of this camera, correct?

Everything you are assuming is correct. I would assume tom tumb to be about a mile past that hill.

Joy's Blog:

"Here’s his story. One night, he and his 12 year old friend were coming home from the Tom Thumb, maybe around midnight. They were on Baker Street and were taking a left onto 91st Avenue, when a car came from behind them and suddenly started coming faster and faster. As they got closer to the 12 year old’s house, they cut through the ditch, across his front yard, and into the open garage as fast as they could. The car followed them into the driveway, then backed straight across the road into the neighbor’s driveway, and flashed its bright lights on the two boys. The car stayed like that for about two minutes before the boys finally ran into the house.
A couple weeks later, the boys got brave and decided to head to the Tom Thumb once again. It was late, and this time, they noticed a car going from mailbox to mailbox… very slowly… like he was getting information from each residence.
The boys remembered the car looking similar to a Pontiac 6000, but they disagreed on the color… one said blue, the other said red. For this reason, they felt like maybe they weren’t believed when they told their story to the police just few days after Jacob was abducted." http://www.joybaker.com/2014/07/09/tidbits/

It could very well be that the man who abducted Jacob had been attempting to abduct this other boy instead. I've never heard of this case before. Unreal!! I'm not 100% convinced that every single abduction attempted in Paynesville/CS/SJ was by the same perp who cased neighborhoods for young boys.

She's interviewing witnesses. How is that not a source of credible information? It seems those wanting to pin DR to this case like to dismiss her findings because it doesn't help their argument.
BBM

A blog is not a credible source of information. Joy's blog, in particular, is full of glaring errors and fabrications IMO.

She's interviewing witnesses. How is that not a source of credible information? It seems those wanting to pin DR to this case like to dismiss her findings because it doesn't help their argument.

Pretty sure it's in the TOS here that blogs are not allowed to be taken as fact and should not be quoted.

Find tim

Does the picture of the site in any way coincide with the locations of the molestations in paynesville?

Yesterday afternoon, I went west on Minnesota Street to the last possible business (Sal's Bar) where this "witness" says he was sweeping the parking lot. I measured the distance to I-94 which is .9 miles. In addition, that .9 miles in between is filled with homes and trees. On top of that, there is a large curve before you get to I-94. There is no way this "witness" saw cops exiting the freeway from his vantage point.

This is only one example of why Joy is not credible IMO.

Do you really think the infrastructure, tree growth and urban sprawl is the same today as it was in 1989? I grew up half a mile off a main drag and within 3 years my father sold all of our property except for a half an acre which our house was on. Within 2 years 65 new houses populated where our 40 acres used to reside. I went from a .5 mile view of the road to not being able to see 200 feet.

Yesterday afternoon, I went west on Minnesota Street to the last possible business (Sal's Bar) where this "witness" says he was sweeping the parking lot. I measured the distance to I-94 which is .9 miles. In addition, that .9 miles in between is filled with homes and trees. On top of that, there is a large curve before you get to I-94. There is no way this "witness" saw cops exiting the freeway from his vantage point.

This is only one example of why Joy is not credible IMO.

Do you really think the infrastructure, tree growth and urban sprawl is the same today as it was in 1989? I grew up half a mile off a main drag and within 3 years my father sold all of our property except for a half an acre which our house was on. Within 2 years 65 new houses populated where our 40 acres used to reside. I went from a .5 mile view of the road to not being able to see 200 feet.

Yes I do believe it's the same. I lived here then and I live here now.

The houses are not new on the west end of Minnesota Street. Other than a very recent reconfiguration of Co Rd 2, nothing has changed.

Really? I'm quite certain that based on the visual evidence of a young boy making easily viewable prints that an individual who would be heavier than him would make deeper prints, and would have their deepest prints while attempting to lift another person.

Do you have anything that talks about how deep prints would be with someone holding 75 pounds of weight?

That was in 2010. What if today he happened to be standing on the spot(s) of the abductions in the nearby towns. Would he change his mind? He mentions 6 dump trucks taking dirt out. Apparently, nothing was found in those 6 dump truck loads.

This has been addressed numerous times.

They said they are keeping items for the future. They did not specify what items. The articles have been posted many times on here.

Who wouldn't have the same reaction? LE has pestered this man and his family for decades. It's kind of hard to take the high road when they've basically disrupted his whole life. I too would look back at how inept their initial evidence collecting was done and have questions.

Do you have documentation, not speculation, but actual documentation to prove that it was inept?

We know DR says that.

Criminals so often laugh about how inept LE is . The criminal loves to help out.

Look at the neighbor of Alanna Gallagher who killed her. He even helped in search efforts.

How is a DR quote not documentation? He's a credible witness and his testimony has been used to help solve the case (identifying cars). It's only on this board that his word isn't taken as truthful. LE has never stated that DR has lied.

DR has been a suspect for quite sometime, and he has an excellent pedigree of NEVER having been accused of anything remotely related to pedophilia. Guys like Dennis Radar and Ariel Castro may have avoided being arrested for long periods of time, but they were never on LE"s radar for the crimes they committed. DR has been on LE's radar for years and years. Radar did laugh at LE, but it was behind a pen & paper.

Do you have documentation, not speculation, but actual documentation to prove that it was inept?

We know DR says that.

Criminals so often laugh about how inept LE is . The criminal loves to help out.

Look at the neighbor of Alanna Gallagher who killed her. He even helped in search efforts.

How is a DR quote not documentation? He's a credible witness and his testimony has been used to help solve the case (identifying cars). It's only on this board that his word isn't taken as truthful. LE has never stated that DR has lied.
<rsbm>

He's not impartial. He's motivated by self-interest and self-preservation, and hence, he paints a picture favorable to himself.

DR has been a suspect for quite sometime, and he has an excellent pedigree of NEVER having been accused of anything remotely related to pedophilia. Guys like Dennis Radar and Ariel Castro may have avoided being arrested for long periods of time, but they were never on LE"s radar for the crimes they committed. DR has been on LE's radar for years and years. Radar did laugh at LE, but it was behind a pen & paper.

Excellent reference about rader, a glaring example of the ability to live two completely different lives.

Of a related note: http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/07/10/compete-stearns-sheriff-seat/12504069/

I will not be casting my vote for Sheriff Sanner and have begun to contact the two other candidates to gauge their willingness to discuss openly with the public the JW case. Both competing candidates have filed their forms which are available publicly to view.

Again, let us not forget the FBI is STILL involved. We don't know but that the FBI said not to release or discuss information. I don't know that blaming the current sheriff is the right way to go.

Interesting comment from Patty Wetterling in there about how 2/3 of abductions are committed by someone in from the area.

And, lately she has stated she believes the other abductions were related. Neither LE nor the FBI have accused DR - obvious reference - of those abductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macattack