MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been addressed numerous times.

They said they are keeping items for the future. They did not specify what items. The articles have been posted many times on here.

Items are not 6 dump truck loads of dirt, which was my reference. You can bet nothing was found in those dump trucks. And, where do you think the dirt is being stored? It would need to be in a sanitized location so as to not contaminate it. Where would anyone store that massive amount of dirt?

Items are not 6 dump truck loads of dirt, which was my reference. You can bet nothing was found in those dump trucks. And, where do you think the dirt is being stored? It would need to be in a sanitized location so as to not contaminate it. Where would anyone store that massive amount of dirt?

They brought it to BCI is it or BCA and sifted it. Who knows. Maybe it is one jar of stuff from all of that ash and soil and dirt.

Question of the Day: Where's all the dirt?

I know this is going to sound weird, but dirt is the stuff that is in your house that you sweep under the rug. Lol

Soil is the stuff in the ground. It is a living thing. Lots of organisms. It is not dirt.

The stuff from the Rassier's came out of the ash pile. So there was ash and maybe dirt and maybe soil.

I am sure it is locked up in an evidence room somewhere, I seriously doubt it is six truck loads full.

They could sift it and get rid of what is of no value and save what is. Bone, metal particles, and who knows what else. Science is a wonderful advancing thing

I know this is going to sound weird, but dirt is the stuff that is in your house that you sweep under the rug. Lol

Soil is the stuff in the ground. It is a living thing. Lots of organisms. It is not dirt.

The stuff from the Rassier's came out of the ash pile. So there was ash and maybe dirt and maybe soil.

I am sure it is locked up in an evidence room somewhere, I seriously doubt it is six truck loads full.

They could sift it and get rid of what is of no value and save what is. Bone, metal particles, and who knows what else. Science is a wonderful advancing thing

Point noted. But the term 'dirt' is used loosely....as in 'dirt road'...when it's actually gravel. What I'm wondering is: how did LE decide upon which locations to actually excavate and remove the 'dirt' i.e. soil?

<modsnip>

The only person that knows 3 boys are coming back over that hill alone is the person who also lives on this side of the hill and saw them leaving originally. A stranger from Tom Thumb could not possibly wait here with no vision if they are coming back this way. Imo.

Thx for finding this picture Sasquatch321....as I said before...it is Very interesting. It demonstrates the inherent risk + brazenness of the abductor. I realize the photographer is elevated and using a zoom lens....but even so, there is an obvious rise in the elevation of the landscape and one cannot see beyond the 'hill'(looking North). The boys were told to place their bikes in the ditch near the mailbox on the left(west). The abductor, while questioning the boys, would be vulnerable to the possibility of a car approaching from the north-I would assume that with the darkness of that night that he would have noticed the oncoming glow of headlights over that hill....but even so, that would not allow much time for an explanation on his part should this occur. My point is that the abductor must have had pre-knowledge of where Jacob + Trevor lived. That pre-knowledge could have been historic or immediate. If historic, then he would have been very local and known from experience Jacob's place of residence. If immediate, then he either would have had to have seen the boys coming from the south very very near the abduction spot OR had seen them later in their trip but still KNEW where Jacob lived. In any case, the focus of the perp is on the crossroads of 91st + Rassier's driveway.

Point noted. But the term 'dirt' is used loosely....as in 'dirt road'...when it's actually gravel. What I'm wondering is: how did LE decide upon which locations to actually excavate and remove the 'dirt' i.e. soil?

I think they just dug in the ash pile?

Soil is one of my interests. It is really important because it is a living thing. Could get on my soap box, but won't.

Thx for finding this picture Sasquatch321....as I said before...it is Very interesting. It demonstrates the inherent risk + brazenness of the abductor. I realize the photographer is elevated and using a zoom lens....but even so, there is an obvious rise in the elevation of the landscape and one cannot see beyond the 'hill'(looking North). The boys were told to place their bikes in the ditch near the mailbox on the left(west). The abductor, while questioning the boys, would be vulnerable to the possibility of a car approaching from the north-I would assume that with the darkness of that night that he would have noticed the oncoming glow of headlights over that hill....but even so, that would not allow much time for an explanation on his part should this occur. My point is that the abductor must have had pre-knowledge of where Jacob + Trevor lived. That pre-knowledge could have been historic or immediate. If historic, then he would have been very local and known from experience Jacob's place of residence. If immediate, then he either would have had to have seen the boys coming from the south very very near the abduction spot OR had seen them later in their trip but still KNEW where Jacob lived. In any case, the focus of the perp is on the crossroads of 91st + Rassier's driveway.

A typical local comment about the case is "why would a stranger who has a vehicle be here looking for kids". It's the most unreal place and stretch of road you could imagine a stranger abduction happening on. This thought also crossed my mind big time when I visited the site myself, I also felt as I went over that hill that I had already been seen by someone.

I think they just dug in the ash pile?

Soil is one of my interests. It is really important because it is a living thing. Could get on my soap box, but won't.
Soil is the essence of life.
I understood your comment on soil completely. My Grandpa was a farmer...soil is definitely a living thing-especially black soil left by the glaciers. I hate to see it covered by paving + buildings. My point was people think of soil as 'dirt' unfortunately. "it's just dirt" so many say. Anyway....so LE simply dug in the ash pit? I guess that makes sense but didn't DR tell them certain locations?

A typical local comment about the case is "why would a stranger who has a vehicle be here looking for kids". It's the most unreal place and stretch of road you could imagine a stranger abduction happening on. This thought also crossed my mind big time when I visited the site myself, I also felt as I went over that hill that I had already been seen by someone.

quoting you quoting a local... "why would a stranger who has a vehicle be here looking for kids". He wouldn't be. The crossroads is only an abduction spot....not an area of surveillance. The fact that the abduction spot is remote and beyond the imagination of most everybody as an abduction spot makes it a perfect location for an abduction-nobody would expect it. The abductor must have known this and planned accordingly.

quoting you quoting a local... "why would a stranger who has a vehicle be here looking for kids". He wouldn't be. The crossroads is only an abduction spot....not an area of surveillance. The fact that the abduction spot is remote and beyond the imagination of most everybody as an abduction spot makes it a perfect location for an abduction-nobody would expect it. The abductor must have known this and planned accordingly.

Now that is just missing the point and taking things to far. As I said when I came over that hill I felt as if someone knew I was there, there is another farm down the road in complete view and also the culdesac of houses making up the dead end. They saw drive me through there that day, I guarantee it. It is by far not the perfect abduction location.

Now that is just missing the point and taking things to far. As I said when I came over that hill I felt as if someone knew I was there, there is another farm down the road in complete view and also the culdesac of houses making up the dead end. They saw drive me through there that day, I guarantee it. It is by far not the perfect abduction location.

What point have I missed? What have I taken too far? OK...I concede that you have been there in person....I may be misunderstanding the situation....when you came over that hill was it going south or north? I presume south. At that point you felt 'someone knew I was there'. Who is that someone? And where is that other farm down the road? Based upon Google Earth is it just east of the 2nd cul-de-sac which is just east of Wetterling's? The cul-de-sac of houses at the dead end I presume is Jacob's neighborhood plus their neighbors to the east? There are 2 cul-de-sacs there. Jacob's cul-de-sac is furthest west and another to the east. However, there are other houses further east beyond....which I've wondered about....are you referring to that? And why is it not the perfect abduction site? Sorry...I just don't understand your adverse reaction...are you saying that neighbors to the south saw you? If so, I can understand that, but was it in daytime? Are you thinking that the view from these southerly neighborhoods could actually see a car on Rassier's driveway? Sorry Sasquatch...I'm just thinking out loud.

Whoa!!!!!! How did they compromise the driveway until 3 am looking for a car that DR told them about?!?!?!?!?!? They never talked to DR that evening about anything other then the conversation he had with the officer at the woodpile. A link is needed to where you have documented proof that LE spook with DR the evening of the abduction about a car turning around in his driveway.

Are you saying DR did NOT tell the officers at the woodpile that a strange car with headlights close together came through 2 hours prior? Are you saying that DR had immediate knowledge of a strange vehicle tearing around his driveway with what appeared to be a small child or woman in the passenger seat and he did not tell the cops who were looking for the child who was abducted from his driveway? Why didn't DR tell the officers at the woodpile this information?

WHY WOULD HE OFFER TO INVESTIGATE HIS OWN PROPERTY WHEN HE SAW A STRANGE VEHICLE WITH HEADLIGHTS CLOSE TOGETHER WITH A POSSIBLE CHILD IN PASSENGER SEAT DRIVE UP HIS DRIVEWAY AT THE APPROXIMATE TIME OF THE ABDUCTION?

Exactly when and where did DR tell cops this info?

I would be screaming that info to the cops at the tops of my lungs as it would obviously be an important piece of information.

Also, DR certainly couldn't admit he saw Kevin's car, they would have hunted Kevin down right away and figured out that Kevin and GF were just checking out the police activity and would be immediately eliminated. DR HAD to place an additional car at the scene but exactly when did he tell the police?

You're all proving my point. Once they were identified as POI's the evidence came flowing in. DR has been a POI for years and years yet there is no evidence linking him to pedophilia or abducting Jacob.

FindTim answer this question then. WHY WOULD DAN OFFER TO INVESTIGATE HIS OWN PROPERTY WHEN HE SAW A STRANGE VEHICLE WITH HEADLIGHTS CLOSE TOGETHER WITH A POSSIBLE CHILD IN PASSENGER SEAT DRIVE UP HIS DRIVEWAY AT THE APPROXIMATE TIME OF THE ABDUCTION?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971