MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see what's on a certain monk's computers. And what might have been hidden in the walls of his room and in places throughout the property and other properties owned by the abbey. No, I don't have a link, nor do I have "evidence." The Pine Curtain might as well be the iron curtain. Suspicions are only suspicions, along with speculation and conjecture. A theory is based on an idea. I have an idea that perhaps someone from the abbey may have committed criminal acts outside the abbey. At this moment I'm not speaking precisely to JG but to sexual assaults within the surrounding area. This notion does not necessarily exclude DR or anyone else. Sheriff Sanner has a fat file thick with info pertaining to certain individuals at the abbey that is inaccessible to the public. It may or may not contain incriminating evidence. I can only continue to ask questions and seek the truth. My efforts at digging for information from the sheriff and other sources has been met with -- a wall of silence. It seems my approach to the Wetterling case is very different in that I'm not focusing on one particular person as being solely responsible or not. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I tend not to believe that things happen in a vacuum, meaning, the activities at the abbey most likely did not occur only within the walls of the abbey. If there was a sociopath committing harmful acts there, could it not be possible he was doing the same in the community, and perhaps in collusion with another person? Again, this is theory and dialogue, I have no evidence, just suspicions.

I have felt like a mouse on a Mobius strip with regard to a number of issues related to this case. Question: If the police found evidence from DR's farm, why can't they declare him a suspect (or is POI same as suspect)? Did he pass a polygraph? He was declared a POI four years ago -- and -- here we are. Could it really be as simple as Jacob lived close to DR's farm, DR was home alone, Jacob was abducted near DR's driveway and voila -- it was DR?

I have felt like a mouse on a Mobius strip with regard to a number of issues related to this case. Question: If the police found evidence from DR's farm, why can't they declare him a suspect (or is POI same as suspect)? Did he pass a polygraph? He was declared a POI four years ago -- and -- here we are. Could it really be as simple as Jacob lived close to DR's farm, DR was home alone, Jacob was abducted near DR's driveway and voila -- it was DR?

IMO, they had to have found something, because they never named him a POI until after that 2010 search. If they were just looking for someone to blame, you'd think they would have declared him a POI back in 20003-04 after Kevin came forward and they refocused on it being someone local.

Agree. But now it's been four years and no arrest. I know this is not uncommon. No victims have come forward with regard to DR. Have there been any attempted abductions that you know of since DR was declared a POI?

The problem with so many years passing is that any victims can be living out of state or could be dead

Why didn't LE voila the Bahners, or DAH, or the Hubers or any number of other criminals in the neighborhood?

They seized his computer in the second search. Did they leave the Journal, vcr taped news recordings, newspaper clippings to grow bigger when they would come back and search again? Or is it more plausible they werent supposed to find it then in tbe 3rd search?

They seized his computer in the second search. Did they leave the Journal, vcr taped news recordings, newspaper clippings to grow bigger when they would come back and search again? Or is it more plausible they werent supposed to find it then in tbe 3rd search?

That is interesting,

Why did they do the computer search back then? They needed a court order to do that? Why and how did they get that search order? What prompted it?

As far as the journals, etc, how did LE know about them in order to get a search warrant.

Very curious things indeed

IMO, they had to have found something, because they never named him a POI until after that 2010 search. If they were just looking for someone to blame, you'd think they would have declared him a POI back in 20003-04 after Kevin came forward and they refocused on it being someone local.

or maybe DR was named a POI as a direct result of the high amount of media exposure the 2010 dig received.

the 2010 dig of the rassier farmstead was voted as the st clouds story of the year.

http://wjon.com/category/2010_top_stories/

in other words, mostly everyone in the community knew about the dig and it is probable that LE officially named him as a POI because of this.

or maybe DR was named a POI as a direct result of the high amount of media exposure the 2010 dig received.

the 2010 dig of the rassier farmstead was voted as the st clouds story of the year.

http://wjon.com/category/2010_top_stories/

in other words, mostly everyone in the community knew about the dig and it is probable that LE officially named him as a POI because of this.

It almost cost him his career, had a paralegal professional sit in on his classes to observe him, and destroyed his families lives. His being POI is certainly more important than some kind of public fame. Imo.

I do think that LE got something from the prints, but may not have completely understood what they were looking at and due to the darkness, may have not been able to see the entire picture. By the next morning enough disturbance had occurred to obliterate some of the evidence. LE took casts of what they determined to be pertinent evidence at the time.

Yellow tape does not secure a crime scene. Posted officers secure a crime scene.

I was hoping that Joy would have updated her Blog with my assessment of additional pictures. Other views show the extent of the horseshoe, ATV and search team activity on the road and driveway.

You however are 100% correct that what has been lost has been lost. The unwillingness of the County Sheriff to share information hampers any further analysis of the photographic and plaster cast evidence that was gathered. I am not sure if it is unwillingness to share due to an ongoing investigation or fear of criticism for the way the crime scene, and to some degree, the case was handled.

So the question becomes was DR involved in any way and listing him as a POI was justified, however not enough evidence has come to light to prosecute him, or was he listed as a POI in a rush to find "someone" to investigate to keep media and public pressure off the Sheriff's Department?

Too much we still don't know...this many years later.

What I find odd is the unwillingness to share information that might solve the case. This many years later, why is the Sheriff's Department still a closed door? If I were them, unless I was only missing one small piece of evidence to close the case, I would be welcoming anyone who could help with open arms.

Where is the rush to name a POI?

I don't feel naming a POI 21 years later is a rush.

And it is not just the Sheriff involved. A Sheriff who was not involved in 1989. It is the BCA and the FBI as well as the Center for Missing and Exploited Children that is involved now as well as was then as well.

There were cadaver dogs brought in and blood was found.

Who knows what evidence they have.

Not enough to arrest.

And what about the computer searches a few years earlier? Why?

Where did info come from to do that?

It almost cost him his career, had a paralegal professional sit in on his classes to observe him, and destroyed his families lives. His being POI is certainly more important than some kind of public fame. Imo.

I think you mean a paraprofessional?

I do not see that his family's live were destroyed?

Have there been some stories on that? I missed them

It almost seems like the Sheriff's Dept has been trying to wait it out -- to see if DR "slips up" -- or -- if someone comes forward with some kind of incriminating info -- which, none so far it appears. I would imagine the items/materials from the digs have been thoroughly tested by now. Was there a fire on DR's family farm a few years ago?

Some items are waiting for advances in technology.

Perhaps the blood has deteriorated so much that present tests cannot id much. Or bone that was found does not have enough info that can be tested at this time.

DR stated that bone and blood was found. LE did not state that as far as I know.

It could be that there has been info, but it is past the statutes of limitation.

Yes, there was a fire that burned down one or two buildings, I forget.

The computer search is intriguing. Why????

I wonder if there is a search warrant for that search that someone can access?

I think you mean a paraprofessional?

I do not see that his family's live were destroyed?

Have there been some stories on that? I missed them

LE put the public eye on DR which turned into him recieving numerous death threats and caused him to complain about it to 14 different state agencies. They have been hounded by the media and public perceptions for 25 years.

LE put the public eye on DR which turned into him recieving numerous death threats and caused him to complain about it to 14 different state agencies. They have been hounded by the media and public perceptions for 25 years.

I do wonder abut the death threats. Has anyone been prosecuted?

I think the public only became aware of DR in 2010 when the searches were made.

It seems like he goes for focus on himself by writing to 14 agencies.

He certainly has retained all of his jobs. He seems to continue to do his running.

Does he still play in bands?

His family got a historical preservation for their property.

It seems like life has gone on.

Are there stories where they have been denied something they wanted?

I don't think there is a statute of limitation on kidnapping and murder.

Human, you may be correct and it is a waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Private Investiga