MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the abductor knew what he was doing and very possibly had done it before and gotten away with it. He might be a perfectionist in the execution of his diabolical deeds, planning each detail down to the last element - a critical thinker, if you will. It's possible he may have had help in the execution of his plan, but I can also see him being a cunning psychopath, articulate, controlling, arrogant and comfortable planning, stalking, rehearsing in his mind how he will capture and abscond with his prey. This is one of the distinctive differences between Jared's case and Jacob. Jacob's abductor was intimately familiar with that area and that location. It would not surprise me at all if the perpetrator had stalked a number of places locally and had several targets on his radar - kids he had seen at the hockey rink perhaps - or at the Tom Thumb -- maybe even followed them home, making notes and hatching up schemes to trap one a la Denis Radar. The perp may have a hidden location in which to keep his prey - that location could be local or far away. Someone may suspect this person of being deviant but not have the evidence to prove it. Note that this is all speculation and conjecture on my part.

Off Topic...

Unpacking my groceries last night, I noticed the missing child picture on the grocery bag. Aaron Anderson, 22 months old, from Pine City, MN. Disappeared from his yard on April 7, 1989, classified as non-family abduction. There isn't even a thread on here for him :(

http://www.forthelost.org/aanderson.html

6 minutes, plus the time it took the boys to run home, tell the story, the adults to process the information and call LE.

What the abductor may not have known was exactly how long he had. I submit that he had an escape route in place and an alternate.

If he was not monitoring LE dispatch, perhaps he had staged an incident to gauge LE response time prior to the abduction, or had intimate knowledge of LE response times.

Add the questions about age and the command presence.

The abductor has a mission plan and objective. Very few professions offer this experience.

As a teacher who wrote lesson plans with goals and objectives and individualized learning plans for students, I would say teachers are really good with missions and objectives . Commands? You betcha.

Having students, many with issues, behaving in an orderly and respectful fashion as well as having the freedom to feel like an individual and respected takes a lot of planning and authority.

Off Topic...

Unpacking my groceries last night, I noticed the missing child picture on the grocery bag. Aaron Anderson, 22 months old, from Pine City, MN. Disappeared from his yard on April 7, 1989, classified as non-family abduction. There isn't even a thread on here for him :(

The parents were at a forum that was held in St. Cloud years and years and years ago. The father of Kevin Collins from California was there as well.

I will never forget how he looked. Seriously, like he was 100 years old.

On the way home, I had to have my friend drive. Had the only migraine headache I have had in my life. The forum was so intense.

Patty was there as well as the Sheriff at the time. Cannot remember who it was.

There was also a mother there whose child had been taken to a foreign country by her ex. She somehow tracked the child down and got the child back.

As a teacher who wrote lesson plans with goals and objectives and individualized learning plans for students, I would say teachers are really good with missions and objectives . Commands? You betcha.

Having students, many with issues, behaving in an orderly and respectful fashion as well as having the freedom to feel like an individual and respected takes a lot of planning and authority.

:ditto:

It is on here somewhere. DR said he had a student at his house that morning ( of the abduction).

I wonder if he had a soundproof room because who could stand to listen to children learning how to play instruments? aaargh

My thought too, human. :yow:

Off Topic...

I thought I recalled this and double-checked. The home was located on the Snake River; authorities believe the child drowned. However, his body was never found.

I thought I recalled this and double-checked. The home was located on the Snake River; authorities believe the child drowned. However, his body was never found.

Very sad. The parents were adamant that he would not have drowned. He knew better than to go by the river. He was under age 2, so I don't want to say anything to upset the parents, but children that age are unpredictable. Mom had gone into the house for something, and when she came out, he was gone.

I forget the rest of the details. They were an extremely attractive couple. She was beautiful and he was very handsome.

I wonder how they are doing,

No, that's not him. That is an RSO though, can't recall the name

That's Philip Meemken, a former LE from Stearns County who was arrested for sexual molestation. (He molested his own relatives, both girls and boys after getting them drunk.)

That's Philip Meemken, a former LE from Stearns County who was arrested for sexual molestation. (He molested his own relatives, both girls and boys after getting them drunk.)

Sounds like a terrific guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was Meemken ever looking into with regard to these cases and please forgive me if you've already addressed this - many thanks!

Was Meemken ever looking into with regard to these cases and please forgive me if you've already addressed this - many thanks!

Well, I sent that comparison pic into the JW Foundation after making it in photoshop, and they forwarded it on to LE. IIRC, the times were off. I can check, but I think Meemken was too young in 1989 to have been involved. I keep meaning to make a group composite of all the various guys we have looked at compared to the suspect sketch, but it looks like so many people. I'll get it done one of these days though.

Links on Meemken. According to the first link he was 42 years old in 2012, so he would only have been 19 in 1989.

http://sexoffenderissues.blogspot.com/2012/05/mn-sheriffs-deputy-phil-meemkin-to-be.html

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=872315

He has a daughter. Wow.

He got $200,000 on paid administrative leave. Not bad!

Yuck!

In a 15 year span there were 3 major unsolved cases in Stearns County:

1. 1974 - The murders of the Reker sisters

2. 1975 - The Post Office Bombing in Kimball that killed assistant postmaster Ivend Holen

3. 1989 - The abduction of Jacob Wetterling

Post office bomb?

I was walking tonight on my country roads as it was starting to get dark.

First of all, and we have discussed this before, how did the perv know the kids would be returning? For all he knows, they were going to the home of one of the other boys. Yes, he could take a guess and wait it out.

It is pitch black out there. Have people been on roads in the country or in fields at night? In a strange place, you have no idea of what is out there. Holes, thorns, animals. On and on. Not including that you cannot see a thing.

This oerv knew this area . No doubt about it. If you do not believe me, go drive somewhere that you do not know and wander around in the dark.

In a 15 year span there were 3 major unsolved cases in Stearns County:

1. 1974 - The murders of the Reker sisters

2. 1975 - The Post Office Bombing in Kimball that killed assistant postmaster Ivend Holen

3. 1989 - The abduction of Jacob Wetterling

Reker sisters: It is pretty much known who did this, but without evidence, there is no case.
"The Vidocq Society pointed out who did it, and so in my mind that's the guy that did it," Marty Reker said. "So I already know who did it, I feel. It's just the question of can they ever prove it?"

He said that his father, Fred, shared his belief that the Vidocq's suspect was the killer. Fred died on Dec. 31, 2012."

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/09/01/years-sisters-killed-questions-remain/14917247/

Now my life won't mean anything
It's all gone, I lost it all
I keep looking, I can't find you anywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC03gkuL8fg

Make a wish for the day cuz
Like somebody got a doll of me
Stickin' needles in my arteries
But I can't feel it
Sometimes it's like 'pardon me, but I got a real big spirit'
I'm fearless.... I'm fearless
Don't you try and grab hold of my soul
It's like a military soldier since seven years old