MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the strong believe that DR is not guilty of this crime. It is Highly unlikely he could of committed a crime of kidnapping, murdering and hiding the body of the boy, when Law enforcement was literally at his door steps within minutes. I just do not think DR could of pulled this off. Way too risky. where would he hide the boy, and where would he bury him.
The area was flooded with LE and FBI within days after the abduction! It does not add up in my mind.

It is more likely Jacob case is linked to the Jared abduction case. Whoever did this saw the boys riding their bicycles along the route and parked his car in DR driveway. It was an opportunistic crime spur of the moment crime. The killer was long gone on the nearest express route or highway by time LE got in the area. Sad and unfortunate, back in 1989 people were far more trustworthy and had a more stronger sense of security to allow their children to ride bicycles in the darkness. I am even leaning to believer there might be more than one individual involved. The actual kidnapper with the gun and the driver who was waiting in the parked car in DR driveway to take off with the boy.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/06/us/the-hunt/?hpt=hp_c2#wetterling

This is on the front page of CNN right now!

"Baker said her investigation led her to a man who was arrested in 1990 and convicted of sexually assaulting four boys. The man was “looked at early in Jacob Wetterling’s abduction and is still being looked at,” according to Baker."

She's referring to DAH, correct?

Im assuming that as well, i would like to hear his words, as we did with the Hubers.

I am of the strong believe that DR is not guilty of this crime. It is Highly unlikely he could of committed a crime of kidnapping, murdering and hiding the body of the boy, when Law enforcement was literally at his door steps within minutes. I just do not think DR could of pulled this off. Way too risky. It is more likely Jacob case is linked to the Jared abduction case. Whoever did this saw the boys riding their bicycles along the route and parked his car in DR driveway. It was an opportunistic crime spur of the moment crime. The killer was long gone on the nearest express route or highway by time LE got in the area. Sad and unfortunate, back in 1989 people were far more trustworthy and had a more stronger sense of security to allow their children to ride bicycles in the darkness.

It's tough to force a vehicle when they accounted for the tire tracks they were looking for 15 years later. The boys never heard or saw a vehicle when one should have been leaving.

It's tough to force a vehicle when they accounted for the tire tracks they were looking for 15 years later. The boys never heard or saw a vehicle when one should have been leaving.

The boys never saw a car, it still does not prove a car was not there in the area. I have read the boys ran all the way back home. Why would they see or hear a car if they are running for their lives?

It just does not add up to me how DR could kidnap the child bring the boy back to his property and murder and hide the body in the few minutes before law enforcement arrived. LE and FBI had full access to his farm house for the next 6 days. His whereabouts were accounted for the entire time. He could not of done it. Unless somebody in LE is covering for him. Which also is highly unlikely!

Horrible Police work, to focus on the guy for 20 years, wasted resources.

The boys never saw a car, it still does not prove a car was not there in the area. I have read the boys ran all the way back home. Why would they see or hear a car if they are running for their lives?

It just does not add up to me how DR could kidnap the child bring the boy back to his property and murder and hide the body in the few minutes before law enforcement arrived. LE and FBI had full access to his farm house for the next 6 days. His whereabouts were accounted for the entire time. He could not of done it. Unless somebody in LE is covering for him. Which also is highly unlikely!

Have you personally visited the site of the abduction? If you have you might understand that you could hear traffic from miles away. Also it looks like the last place on earth a child abductor would be. Who knew they were coming back over the hill alone?

Have you personally visited the site of the abduction? If you have you might understand that you could hear traffic from miles away. Also it looks like the last place on earth a child abductor would be. Who knew they were coming back over the hill alone?

what is your theory of what happened? if DR is responsible how was he able to pull it off when LE where at his doorsteps within minutes and FBI and Helicopters were hovering above his farmhouse and in the area for the next 5 days.

what is your theory of what happened? if DR is responsible how was he able to pull it off when LE where at his doorsteps within minutes and FBI and Helicopters were hovering above his farmhouse and in the area for the next 5 days.

Until we get a confession i dont even want to guess. But anything is possible.

dum-dum, I originally created the transcript and misheard the words. it was later corrected by shergal to "had a cold" in a note after the transcript.

thenotebook, if you go to findjacobwetterling facebook page, they do name DAH. I think the link to the facebook page is on page 4 or 5 of this thread.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/06/us/the-hunt/?hpt=hp_c2#wetterling

This is on the front page of CNN right now!

"Baker said her investigation led her to a man who was arrested in 1990 and convicted of sexually assaulting four boys. The man was “looked at early in Jacob Wetterling’s abduction and is still being looked at,” according to Baker."

She's referring to DAH, correct?

I am torn about a vehicle being used. On one hand, the boys are afraid for their lives, there may have been blood pumping in their ears with adrenaline. When they were running, they were only concerned about getting away and listening to a vehicle may not have been the first thing on their mind, until they turned around. I could see if it was really a loud vehicle or one that squealed their tires that they could have heard it while running, but we really need to know how long they were running before they turned around, if they looked up the street, if the vehicle used the dirt road in the back of DR's property, etc. In my opinion, there are too many unknowns to rule out a vehicle.

Horrible Police work, to focus on the guy for 20 years, wasted resources.

Horrible police work? They have given us all we know to date. They have uncovered every possible suspect in mn, they've combed thousands of leads and still are. LE is not who you think they are.

Horrible police work? They have given us all we know to date. They have uncovered every possible suspect in mn, they've combed thousands of leads and still are. LE is not who you think they are.

Horrible Police work because they focused on a Man who gave them unlimited access to his property with in days of the abductions, wasted valuable time and resources allowing the true kidnapper to escape. Slandered DR name and have produced no results in 25 years! If you call that good police work, then I call it Horrible!

I'll admit the amber alert system did not exist in 1989 which also could of made LE job of catching the kidnapper easier

It is unfortunate, in 1989 I can imagine in Minnesota people had a more stronger sense of security! to allow children to ride their bikes in the darkness on a lonely road.

In 89 I was about 7 years old (raised NYC) my parents always taught me your were responsible for your younger brother. Although NYC is a different and can be a dangerous environment, I always used to ride my bicycle with my younger brother and neighborhood childhood friends but we here in the house by before sunset. But then again I could not see a crime like this happening in NYC.

I agree, the St Joseph police were inexperienced in this type of crime, were not arresting people for child molestation, didn't secure the crime scene because they didn't believe a crime was committed, didn't search DR's house that night. I don't know if it was incompetence, inexperience, outside influences (the Catholic Church or a child sex ring) or what happened. This should have been an easy crime to solve.

Horrible Police work because they focused on a Man who gave them unlimited access to his property with in days of the abductions, wasted valuable time and resources allowing the true kidnapper to escape. Slandered DR name and have produced no results in 25 years! If you call that good police work, then I call it Horrible!

I'll admit the amber alert system did not exist in 1989 which also could of made LE job of catching the kidnapper easier

LE is the tool that is going to get us somewhere, I'll reserve judgement of their shoddy work for when they solve it.

I agree, the St Joseph police were inexperienced in this type of crime, were not arresting people for child molestation, didn't secure the crime scene because they didn't believe a crime was committed, didn't search DR's house that night. I don't know if it was incompetence, inexperience, outside influences (the Catholic Church or a child sex ring) or what happened. This should have been an easy crime to solve.

LE are human beings just like us, the fbi are human beings just like us. We cant look back at our mistakes, this investigation only goes forward.

thenotebook, if you go to findjacobwetterling facebook page, they do name DAH. I think the link to the facebook page is on page 4 or 5 of this thread.

I think you mean the searching for Jacob Wetterling Facebook page? There is some information about DAH on there. Hart was actually quite cooperative in trying to identify the man in Jareds sketch. His alibi for Jacob is that he was at Mud Lake. Just his words of course. Much more coming!!! (It's my Facebook page, for those that didn't already know).

yes, thanks for correcting me! keep posting links. Your page is awesome. Thank you for creating and running it.

I think you mean the searching for Jacob Wetterling Facebook page? There is some information about DAH on there. Hart was actually quite cooperative in trying to identify the man in Jareds sketch. His alibi for Jacob is that he was at Mud Lake. Just his words of course. Much more coming!!! (It's my Facebook page, for those that didn't already know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C