MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, circumstantial evidence hasn't worked well for LE.

What if there were professional kidnappers rather than locals? Would there necessarily be evidence of a vehicle?

I don't know.

Been following this one intently, do not believe the perpetrator is dr. Doesn't fit the pedophile profile. Imho

DR or not the hunt moves continually forward. Do you think this guy may be completely off the radar, neither dr, neither anyone else we've named?

Agreed, and I would also like to add how would DR have done this with LE on his doorstep within a very short amount of time. IMO, there was not enough time for him to do anything with Jacob, hide him and then face LE with the possibility that they would search his property. Again, just my opinion because I never believed he was the perp. Not to mention, if both Jacob and Jared are connected, Jared has said it was not DR.

Would it bother you if DR had been told of the kidnapping but did not mention the three cars he saw that day before he went to bed that night? I dont even know if this is true yet but lets just say what if. It is something we have been working on.

I know you all have been tossing that around. I know I have only spoken up recently, but I have been following and you all bring up some great points. I have to agree that would bother me if that was the case. While I do not think it was DR, I can't help thinking that it had to be somewhat of a local. That road is so private and isolated, how and why would an out of tower choose that? Wouldn't it have to be someone who knew of it? Unless of course the kids were randomly spotted on the way to TT and just set up from there on. Ugh, so frustrating. Your thoughts?

So where are the tire tracks from these three mysterious cars?

Or didn't they leave any for some reason?

I would love to know as well...but since the Sheriff will not share the pictures of the abduction site with me, I cannot "read" the signs and disruptions in them.

I do not understand.

1. DAH is cleared immediately. I read it myself at the time. I had such high hopes that the perp had been found, but for whatever reason this prime candidate was not the one.

LE has been accused here of setting up the POI.

Why would LE set up DR? Why?

If DAH is so perfect for the crime, why not go with him?

They have known of him since 1989. Plenty of time to build a case.

Then there is that B family filled with sex offenders. Does LE go with them? Nope.

Rather people on here believe that LE would choose a respectable citizen from a prominent family.

Some have said he is an easy scapegoat. What?? He is easy when he is surrounded by criminals?

Please explain the logic of casting aside known criminals and choosing DR who has resources and comes from a well respected family.

If we knew what smoking guns the sheriff may have found during the 2010 dig at DR's farm, it might be easier to lean towards DR as being Jacob's abductor. Without t knowledge, we're evaluating circumstances and profiling possible abductors based on their histories, behavior, location and alibis.

If Jared believes DAH was his abductor, it's difficult for me to fathom why the sheriff ruled this person out.
Does the victim's belief carry such little weight?

With regard to what Jacob's abductor might have looked like, I keep thinking how dark it was on that isolated road and how frightened the boys were. I've heard kids refer to 30 year old adults as being "old," because it seems anyone over 25 is old to them. Then there is the mask -- it appears that the boys could not see any detail in the face for obvious reasons. As far as the man's physical stature, I think he was dressed all in black, further obscuring a clear view of his physique. The kids were under great duress. I think their main thoughts centered on Oh my God what is that man going to do to us?

A thought about how could DR quickly do anything with Jacob during the interim time it took the police to get there -- did DR have a place already in mind in which a gagged kid could be put without anyone hearing him? He may not have necessarily done anything to Jacob until later. The only problem I have with this is the dogs not following a scent to wherever Jacob might have been hidden.

If we knew what smoking guns the sheriff may have found during the 2010 dig at DR's farm, it might be easier to lean towards DR as being Jacob's abductor. Without t knowledge, we're evaluating circumstances and profiling possible abductors based on their histories, behavior, location and alibis.

If Jared believes DAH was his abductor, it's difficult for me to fathom why the sheriff ruled this person out.

With regard to what Jacob's abductor might have looked like, I keep thinking how dark it was on that isolated road and how frightened the boys were. I've heard kids refer to 30 year old adults as being "old," because it seems anyone over 25 is old to them. Then there is the mask -- it appears that the boys could not see any detail in the face for obvious reasons. As far as the man's physical stature, I think he was dressed all in black, further obscuring a clear view of his physique. The kids were under great duress. I think their main thoughts centered on Oh my God what is that man going to do to us?

A thought about how could DR quickly do anything with Jacob during the interim time it took the police to get there -- did DR have a place already in mind in which a gagged kid could be put without anyone hearing him? He may not have necessarily done anything to Jacob until later. The only problem I have with this is the dogs not following a scent to wherever Jacob might have been hidden.

Saturday night I was sitting in my garage at 3 am, luckily, and through the garage door I hear my car door open outside. I got up and went and checked it out and sure enough there was a person in my car going through my glove box. The suspect ran and was gone in a matter of seconds. I had gotten a fair look at the person, determining his/her race, but not totally his/her clothing because of shock. When I called LE they asked me for the description, I couldn't remember what he/she was wearing but I guessed a blue top. They then said what direction did they run, and still being in shock I replied, hmm I don't have directions down right now but they ran towards the college. When LE came and talked to me they already had 3 girls detained in another squad car from receiving my call. The officer talking to me was going to take me over to identify them but the other officer let them go already. Nothing was stolen but they could have gotten tampering with a motor vehicle out of it. But to get to the point, by the time the boys had to give that description they were probably grasping for straws on their memory.

I hear you, Sasquatch. A few years ago I was at the gas station. Beside me was a white van with the windows covered, and inside that van was a woman screaming for help at the top of her lungs. "Why won't anyone help me??!!" was my cue to hold my cell phone beside me whether the van's driver couldn't see me while I dialed 911. May I say at this time that *no one else in that gas station blinked an eye or did anything to help." Long story short, I couldn't even get out to the 911 operator the name of the street right in front of me. That's how upset I was from the screaming.

A link for further thought: http://atp.uclan.ac.uk/buddypress/diffusion/?p=1763

1. Where is the info that Jared said his abductor is DAH? Is he saying that now being influenced by Joy's several questionable incidences. I say several because one boy claims he was approached a couple of times, for instance. The same boy's sister had issues as well?

Did Jared say it was DAH at the time?

2. I have given the example of Somer Thompson and the dogs not alerting when they were right in the perp's yard. Somer was alive as well as dead in that house. She walked up to the house.

No dog alerts.

There other examples

1. Where is the info that Jared said his abductor is DAH? Is he saying that now being influenced by Joy's several questionable incidences. I say several because one not claims he was approached a couple of times, for instance. The same boy's sister had issues as well?

Did Jared say it was DAH at the time?

2. I have given the example of Somer Thompson and the dogs not alerting when they were right in the perp's yard. Somer was alive as well as dead in that house. She walked up to the house.

No dog alerts.

There other examples

Joy basically said it on The Hunt. She has been talking with Jared. Who knows what Jared said at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not understand.

1. DAH is cleared immediately. I read it myself at the time. I had such high hopes that the perp had been found, but for whatever reason this prime candidate was not the one.

LE has been accused here of setting up the POI.

Why would LE set up DR? Why?

If DAH is so perfect for the crime, why not go with him?

They have known of him since 1989. Plenty of time to build a case.

Then there is that B family filled with sex offenders. Does LE go with them? Nope.

Rather people on here believe that LE would choose a respectable citizen from a prominent family.

Some have said he is an easy scapegoat. What?? He is easy when he is surrounded by criminals?

Please explain the logic of casting aside known criminals and choosing DR who has resources and comes from a well respected family.

I'm not so sure LE ever said they cleared Hart. The strongest language I've ever seen was that they "brushed him aside" as a suspect early on because the MO didn't fit. What if a few months in jail changed his MO??

I know you all have been tossing that around. I know I have only spoken up recently, but I have been following and you all bring up some great points. I have to agree that would bother me if that was the case. While I do not think it was DR, I can't help thinking that it had to be somewhat of a local. That road is so private and isolated, how and why would an out of tower choose that? Wouldn't it have to be someone who knew of it? Unless of course the kids were randomly spotted on the way to TT and just set up from there on. Ugh, so frustrating. Your thoughts?
I agree with you that this had to be a local. The fact that this individual wore a mask 1) Fear of immediate recognition. 2) Fear of identification later, via description. Either way, someone local would have recognized him based on either of these and possibly he knew that. Maybe this was even someone very well known in this area?
We also have to consider that maybe/most likely this perp acted before and a description had been given at that time- and this would give yet another reason to disguise himself this time around.
This does not seem random to me, it sort of seems to me like this perp had a plan and jumped on what he saw as his best opportunity.
I really hope there will be closure in this case soon.

It looks like Joy is going to be researching DAH.

"'...her research led her to a man who was arrested and convicted in 1990 for sexually assaulting four boys. The man was looked at early in the Jacob Wetterling, abduction and is still being looked at,' according to Baker. What we're trying to do now is connect him to Jared's case and to St Joseph."

The Hunt http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/06/us/the-hunt/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member