MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No , I am sorry it was not. I know this because I was on that road while searching several weekends in a row and then several times later.

The cul de sac is at the other end.

What do you mean by the other end? You said in the previous post that the cul de sac was at the main road end before you reach the Rassier drive, (which is how I remember it too), if the cul de sac was at the opposite end of the road then its irrelevant because the kidnapper would have reached the Rassier drive before he even came to the cul de sac.

His parents farm has been searched three times, he has been questioned, his journals etc have been not only kept but also no doubt examined carefully too. Which leads us to the tiny little fact that DR has never been arrested or charged.

Josh Powell was never charged either . His wife's body has not been found.

The journal could hold the truth, the cedar chest may have had jacobs clothes in it. But are they going to prosecute or charge before finding Jacob?

If they found a confession in someone's diary and/or Jacob's clothes in someone's possession, I don't doubt they would arrest that person. Plenty of people have been arrested, and even convicted, of murder with no body found, and in this case I think arresting someone and threatening them with the death penalty or whatever would be the best chance of getting them to reveal Jacob's whereabouts.

What do you mean by the other end? You said in the previous post that the cul de sac was at the main road end before you reach the Rassier drive, (which is how I remember it too), if the cul de sac was at the opposite end of the road then its irrelevant because the kidnapper would have reached the Rassier drive before he even came to the cul de sac.

The cul de sac is where Jacob lived. At the end.

I have never said there is a cul de sac on the way. Just the homes before DR.

DR is not the first driveway.

Have you been there?

There are others who have reported on here the topography as well.

What ai mean by a suburban neighborhood is that the houses were not close together like in the city, nor are they far apart like in the country. Not suburban, because they are houses allng a road.

Smokey plays a very important role in DR'S story, barking at the car which turned around and aroused him from his record inventory. From the limited pics of the crime scene, Smokey was all over the place. If Dan is to be believed, no way Smokey wouldn't bark at a car on his land.

Smokey was an outside dog.

Maybe the dog barked and DR didn't hear him, maybe the dog didn't bark for some doggy reason of his own. With apologies to Sherlock Holmes, in real life a dog not barking in the night is not evidence of anything.

If they found a confession in someone's diary and/or Jacob's clothes in someone's possession, I don't doubt they would arrest that person. Plenty of people have been arrested, and even convicted, of murder with no body found, and in this case I think arresting someone and threatening them with the death penalty or whatever would be the best chance of getting them to reveal Jacob's whereabouts.

No death penalty in MN

The journal could hold the truth, the cedar chest may have had jacobs clothes in it. But are they going to prosecute or charge before finding Jacob?

If he had his clothes or had confessed in a journal? Heck yeah they would prosecute!

The cul de sac is where Jacob lived. At the end.

I have never said there is a cul de sac on the way. Just the homes before DR.

DR is not the first driveway.

Have you been there?

There are others who have reported on here the topography as well.

What ai mean by a suburban neighborhood is that the houses were not close together like in the city, nor are they far apart like in the country. Not suburban, because they are houses allng a road.

I know where Jacob lived, and that's not the cul de sac I'm talking about. From my memory there was a small group of houses at the top of the road too.

Memories can play tricks though, I'll have a look and post the map from 1989 when I find it.

I am wondering about Kevin. He was cleared, for whatever reason, but there are things that make no sense to me.

1. He hears something on the scanner. What? That is not unusual to me. People have scanners. But what is said because he says that he did not know about a kidnapping until the next day. Huh?

2. How does he know where to go when the brother of the gf did not?

3. Why are they concerned about three kids bikes/scooter by the road?

Maybe one bike would be a wonder, but three? Who would care about that and why? Why would he think he should pick up three kid's bikes/scooter?

If he had his clothes or had confessed in a journal? Heck yeah they would prosecute!

I think you go the POI route without a body yet. See if he will just cave in before going to court with a written confession or clothes with no DNA. DR could possibly defeat that and then you really lose.

Human,

With all due respect to Joy and the attention she brought to the case, I don't know if some of our questions surrounding Kevin's story are not the result of her own misconceptions, biases and view (eisegesis).

Here's a link to the map from 1989....

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/aerial1989woods.jpg.html?sort=4&o=15

As far as I can see from that map, if someone was waiting on the main road and turned onto the road the boys cycled out from, the first turn off they would have reached is the Rassier drive.

Baker Street and Dale Street were both turn offs before Rassier's driveway. I think an abductor would have turned off on Dale Street and waited to see if the boys came back that way. It was a pretty desolate street back then. It was pitch black out, so he wouldn't have been seen. I think only a local who knew the Rassiers were gone on vacation would have gone past those turnoffs and turned into Rassier's driveway.

Your friend is fine, he hasn't been named a POI. LE has told us to be interested in DR, therefore his entire life is going to be magnified and scrutinized. Until he is cleared or convicted.

LE has told US "US" nothing. LE has only named DR as a POI to them.

As a teacher of 30 years, I can guarantee that teachers cannot identify the age of a child.

One of the problems children face in school is if they are taller than other children or more developed, people expect more of them because they appear more mature.

If a child is smaller, then the child is looked at as younger.

Think of the term, "Little Man syndrome". These things are real and affect people.

As a teacher for 36 years, I can tell you that it's easy to approximate a child's age. Certainly, one can tell an elementary child from a young person in junior high or high school.

It is simply arrogance. To be named a poi and not retain representation does not signify innocence, it's just a convenient myth cops use in the prisoners dilemma

Really?? I think it signifies something. Especially considering this is one of the most high-profile cases ever in Minnesota and if he was guilty, the entire state would have his head. Maybe he really does have nothing to hide.

As a teacher of 30 years, I can guarantee that teachers cannot identify the age of a child.

One of the problems children face in school is if they are taller than other children or more developed, people expect more of them because they appear more mature.

If a child is smaller, then the child is looked at as younger.

Think of the term, "Little Man syndrome". These things are real and affect people.

You taught for 30 years and you can't identify the approximate age of a child? What grade did you teach? I have several relatives who are/were teachers and all can approximate a child age much better than I can. They work around them all day long.

Journal entry(ies) holding the truth about what happened to Jacob Wetterling, and, Jacob Wetterling's clothes in a chest found in DR's house. Absolutely they would arrest him! I couldn't begin to imagine otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR