MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you clarify this statement? Not sure that I understand.
Well, i think he asked to view their faces to see which of the three he thought was the most attractive, which would determine who he would most want to take and molest, if that makes sense.

If I pulled a black stocking over my head and perhaps had removed my glasses beforehand, I may have to ask the ages of those boys as I probably couldn't see very well at that point.

THAT's something I haven't seen discussed....WHAT could the perp see with such a mask? Given the moonless dark night....I assume his visual clarity would be difficult.

If I pulled a black stocking over my head and perhaps had removed my glasses beforehand, I may have to ask the ages of those boys as I probably couldn't see very well at that point.
Well you got a point there, never thought of that.

This just popped through my head but could it be possible that the abductor was trying to impersonate the man with the gruff voice so that everyone would end up going after him, when in reality it was somebody totally different?

This just popped through my head but could it be possible that the abductor was trying to impersonate the man with the gruff voice so that everyone would end up going after him, when in reality it was somebody totally different?

Exactly...Jared's assault from months before and the details surrounding it were published in the paper and broadcasted on the evening news. Likely the perp gruffed up his voice and used the "don't look back or I'll shoot" statement to make it appear as if he was the same guy who assaulted Jared, thus throwing the investigation back to Jared's perp. It did just that when Jared's perp's picture was published in the news as the possible abductor of Jacob. We know that none of the boys, Trevor or Aaron actually saw a face so that sketch was a complete waste of time in Jacob's case. Genius approach when you think of the direct affect it had on the investigation immediately following. Cops were convinced it was the same guy, add in Kevin's tire tracks and cops did not initially look deep enough at the actual scene of the crime.

Exactly...Jared's assault from months before and the details surrounding it were published in the paper and broadcasted on the evening news. Likely the perp gruffed up his voice and used the "don't look back or I'll shoot" statement to make it appear as if he was the same guy who assaulted Jared, thus throwing the investigation back to Jared's perp. It did just that when Jared's perp's picture was published in the news as the possible abductor of Jacob. We know that none of the boys, Trevor or Aaron actually saw a face so that sketch was a complete waste of time in Jacob's case. Genius approach when you think of the direct affect it had on the investigation immediately following. Cops were convinced it was the same guy, add in Kevin's tire tracks and cops did not initially look deep enough at the actual scene of the crime.
I mean i personally don't think this is the case but you can rule nothing out.

Well, i think he asked to view their faces to see which of the three he thought was the most attractive, which would determine who he would most want to take and molest, if that makes sense.

I think he asked to view their faces & asked their ages because he knew these boys and knew which one he wanted but couldn't see clearly through the black pantyhose that he put over his head after he removed his glasses and really couldn't see well.

I don't know about you guys, but if if my best friend or brother was being kidnapped, i would straight-up let the abductor know that if he was taking him, he better know he was taking me too!

I think he asked to view their faces & asked their ages because he knew these boys and knew which one he wanted but couldn't see clearly through the black pantyhose that he put over his head after he removed his glasses and really couldn't see well.
Very possible. But i do think the boys would have had a little bit of "deja vu" if they knew the abductor.

I don't know about you guys, but if if my best friend or brother was being kidnapped, i would straight-up let the abductor know that if he was taking him, he better know he was taking me too!

I don't know of any 11-12 year old kid who isn't going to be scared out of their minds if they were approached by a masked man with a gun on a dark road. You have no idea how you would react and it is really presumptuous of you to think that you know how that would feel and how you would react.

Very possible. But i do think the boys would have had a little bit of "deja vu" if they knew the abductor.

Maybe that is why the abductor went to great lengths to disguise his face with a black pair of stockings, his voice by making it gruff and his body with a coat. He knew the boys would recognize him if he didn't have a disguise on his face. He knew he was only taking 1 and leaving 2 witnesses, hence the disguise. If he didn't know them and wasn't from the area he would have no need for a disguise in the pitch black of night.

Have you ever seen what a face looks like with a black stocking pulled over it? It is bizarre, it distorts your features. And if the person you usually see wearing glasses, isn't wearing them, that also distorts what you see as a terrified witness.

I challenge all Websleuthers to pull a pair of black pantyhose over your face and take a look in the mirror. What do you see?

Well yeah!, of course!, but i'd take the fall far before i would leave my best friend or sibling, basically for the dead. Even if i was killed right then and there, it would have made jacob's likely last moments not as fearful, knowing that somebody is willing to take a fall for him.

I'm saying drop the entire idea of sex. This may have had nothing to do with the abduction. Although LE now says it was a sexual abduction, that does not necessarily mean it was so. Obviously, LE has been wrong thus far, and LE knows other theories. Of that I am certain.
If we drop the entire idea of sex.....then why would the perp select Jacob over Aaron....the two being the same age

as a 'post it note'....as Dave K stated earlier...something is amiss with the quoting system here on WS....my post was a response to Trino yet the poster human is referenced.....not sure what's going on.[/I]

Think you know who did it, but the suspect is not cooperating and likely never will? Fear the worst, hope for the best, but feel stalemated either way? Dissatisfied with public servants who seem satisfied with the status quo? Whether you seek closure or justice, by now the objective criteria are sobering and quite simple: two requirements in a single sentence carved in stone here. Satisfy the first requirement and force the indolent into action. Satisfy the first requirement and, if lucky, you might get the second for free.

If the long-lost child is to be found at all, however, it will not be by bored blog-posters or lonely bulletin-lurkers. It will be by a local denizen, someone born and raised in the far reaches of rural Stearns County, MN, an outdoorsman of Germanic descent, pushed forward by one part guilt, one part frustration, and two parts of that peculiar marrow-deep genetic drive to incessantly work harder without needing a particular reason. He will look down from the crown of Germania one day and realize something out of the ordinary, something out of place, a small detail meriting closer inspection.

To find Jacob Wetterling now, an investigation would need to build upon what was learned in the initial task force efforts, and undertake now what was not undertaken then. It would require time and money. You have some of one but not the other? Embrace options for fund-raising. Energize and reinvigorate. Expand the circle, let it ripple, market the mission in concentric ways. If and when adequate resources are obtained to privately underwrite a discreet, narrowly focused exploration, further suggestions will follow.

Commit, or quit and let this matter fade into history. The choice is yours (this means YOU).

Ask, and it shall be given. Seek, and ye shall find . . .

Prov. 11:14

Are you Friend or Foe?

Maybe that is why the abductor went to great lengths to disguise his face with a black pair of stockings, his voice by making it gruff and his body with a coat. He knew the boys would recognize him if he didn't have a disguise on his face. He knew he was only taking 1 and leaving 2 witnesses, hence the disguise. If he didn't know them and wasn't from the area he would have no need for a disguise in the pitch black of night.

Have you ever seen what a face looks like with a black stocking pulled over it? It is bizarre, it distorts your features. And if the person you usually see wearing glasses, isn't wearing them, that also distorts what you see as a terrified witness.

I challenge all Websleuthers to pull a pair of black pantyhose over your face and take a look in the mirror. What do you see?

I see someone local, I see someone suddenly playing night games, the adrenaline is taking over. I feel intimidating and I am cloaked with the darkness.

Think you know who did it, but the suspect is not cooperating and likely never will? Fear the worst, hope for the best, but feel stalemated either way? Dissatisfied with public servants who seem satisfied with the status quo? Whether you seek closure or justice, by now the objective criteria are sobering and quite simple: two requirements in a single sentence carved in stone here. Satisfy the first requirement and force the indolent into action. Satisfy the first requirement and, if lucky, you might get the second for free.

If the long-lost child is to be found at all, however, it will not be by bored blog-posters or lonely bulletin-lurkers. It will be by a local denizen, someone born and raised in the far reaches of rural Stearns County, MN, an outdoorsman of Germanic descent, pushed forward by one part guilt, one part frustration, and two parts of that peculiar marrow-deep genetic drive to incessantly work harder without needing a particular reason. He will look down from the crown of Germania one day and realize something out of the ordinary, something out of place, a small detail meriting closer inspection.

To find Jacob Wetterling now, an investigation would need to build upon what was learned in the initial task force efforts, and undertake now what was not undertaken then. It would require time and money. You have some of one but not the other? Embrace options for fund-raising. Energize and reinvigorate. Expand the circle, let it ripple, market the mission in concentric ways. If and when adequate resources are obtained to privately underwrite a discreet, narrowly focused exploration, further suggestions will follow.

Commit, or quit and let this matter fade into history. The choice is yours (this means YOU).

Ask, and it shall be given. Seek, and ye shall find . . .

Prov. 11:14
That's brilliant! And probably correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members