MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always said the same about it has to be someone who has offended sexually before, whether caught or not. This is a brazen crime that is not your first step for a sex offender by any means. Also I don't think they would be able to stop themselves after unless they were incarcerated unless they had some major willpower! That is my issue with DR as the Person of Interest.

The only prints that we can identify by two independent means are Jacobs, both by comparison to the brand and model shoe and by LE verifying they were his prints. Only two appear near the unidentified tire prints.

All other prints are unidentified, however there appear to be a number behind Jacobs that are consistent with someone putting Jacob into a vehicle as illustrated very well by Sas.

Here are the challenges:

• We have never seen prints of the entire print field before it was contaminated by LE and searchers.
    The print field was contaminated very soon after the abduction as it was poorly secured.
    Despite a formal request, Sterns County declined to share the print field photographs for analysis.
    The placement of the plaster casts seems rather odd given the print field.
    Very few pictures of the print field exist outside of those LE has. What ones we do have are from media and are mostly snips from video.
    We have not had any communication with anyone (LE or Civilian) who were on site after the abduction who can give us a better idea of the print field.
    We have no idea what LE has and does not have.
    We lack information about Kevin, the party group and the Scout Troop camping nearby.
    The area is rife with pedophiles.

From a cold case point of view, the available forensics for those outside of Sterns County LE are nil.

IF I ever get to see all the print field photographs and some time to put the breadcrumbs together, I might be able to give you an idea of what happened and how. The entire story was there at one time like an open book.

I feel your angst here, and totally understand, but pretty please...Can you post for me ---> the pics+analysis of those unidentified prints(Sas ref.)?

@RichKelly,

Has there ever been a criminal case(s), wherein the perpetrator turned out to be - a suspect that volunteered to be interrogated by LE while being placed under HYPNOSIS?

@RichKelly,

Has there ever been a criminal case(s), wherein the perpetrator turned out to be - a suspect that volunteered to be interrogated by LE while being placed under HYPNOSIS?

Not that I'm aware of ... I cant fathom ANY agency, Lawyer, or suspect that ever would .

Nor could I see ANY court allowing such evidence to be presented.

First off any confession gained under any altered state of consciousness (whether you believe in hypnosis or not) would most be thrown out, its akin to drugging someone. Even a confession under such would not be admissible.

Hypnosis isn't seen as a "viable" science at least not in the field of investigation.

The only time I have ever seen it used (or even considered) was to see if a witness could remember more detail under hypnosis.

I feel your angst here, and totally understand, but pretty please...Can you post for me ---> the pics+analysis of those unidentified prints(Sas ref.)?

Sorry, I don't have it all in one place at this time. It is however located back through the last few threads going back at least a year. You would have to sort through them. Sas had something in this thread a couple (or more) pages back.

I usually have a computer file and a three ring binder for each case, but only for local cases where I can be "boots on the ground".

Not that I'm aware of ... I cant fathom ANY agency, Lawyer, or suspect that ever would .

Nor could I see ANY court allowing such evidence to be presented.

First off any confession gained under any altered state of consciousness (whether you believe in hypnosis or not) would most be thrown out, its akin to drugging someone. Even a confession under such would not be admissible.

Hypnosis isn't seen as a "viable" science at least not in the field of investigation.

The only time I have ever seen it used (or even considered) was to see if a witness could remember more detail under hypnosis.

Maybe you misunderstood. I'm NOT asking about criminal cases involving a suspect that was later convicted based upon testimony that was gathered while under hypnosis. What I am specifically asking you is - Whether there ever was a criminal case, wherein a suspect volunteered to be interrogated while hypnotized, and was later found out(by other evidence) to be the actual perpetrator of the crime being investigated?

Maybe you misunderstood. I'm NOT asking about criminal cases involving a suspect that was later convicted based upon testimony that was gathered while under hypnosis. What I am specifically asking you is - Whether there ever was a criminal case, wherein a suspect volunteered to be interrogated while hypnotized, and was later found out(by other evidence) to be the actual perpetrator of the crime being investigated?

I've personally never heard of a suspect asking to be interviewed under hypnosis , but no Ive never heard of such a case .

I'm planning to release the book as limited edition mail-order only, with 100 copies going to print. Websleuths members get the first opportunity to purchase the book. To reserve a copy, send me an email at searchingforjacob@gmail.com. I will number the books in order as emails are received. Details attached - do not send money or order forms at this time.

100% of net proceeds for the book (selling price minus printing costs minus shipping costs) will be donated to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The book has 280 pages of text, more than 300 sources in the bibliography, and more than 400 individual citations. Once the book is available, and I am verified as the author, Websleuths members will be able to quote from the book at will.

Attachments

• Two ways to order.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Book Index.pdf
    46.6 KB · Views: 20
  • It Can't Happen Here V6 - 1-01.jpg
    It Can't Happen Here V6 - 1-01.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 40
@RichKelly: Thanks for insight. What drew you to this case? Did you see something in the media or did someone direct you to it?

I believe a lot of our criminal justice programs surrounding sex offenses are not constitutional. The offenders are not treated fair when compared to other felons. I am not saying they should get a pass, but it seems like murderers are treated much better. I don't think murderers have to register, etc, and unless they are insane they are allowed to be released.

I have several comments I will keep to myself. Please read who these people with rights are in Moose Lake.

They have condemned children and parents to a life of living death.

Fry em

Rich--my roaming theory has been known on this board for quite some time. A traveling salesman, trucker, etc who would have many of the characteristics you describe.

And, as a further aside, the le I have spoken to say that they are unaware of DR'S sexual behavior. He has apparently never gone out with women or men. He is Norwegian bachelor farmer, or in this case, perhaps the Germania bachelor farmer.

Looking at pedo info of that area, we see the bachelors were rather busy

Joy's blog seems to have antagonized law enforcement by getting all of principal characters together (Jared, Kevin, Dan). After this recent publicity, I find it hard to believe that they will release info for another 10-15 years--even to someone like tracker.

Seriously! It is OK to get all of these people together so any info can be totally contaminated?

@RichKelly: Thanks for insight. What drew you to this case? Did you see something in the media or did someone direct you to it?

Just browsing through the posts

I have several comments I will keep to myself. Please read who these people with rights are in Moose Lake.

They have condemned children and parents to a life of living death.

Fry em
I just don't like the idea of the government having the authority to turn a jury's sentence into a life sentence without proper due process.

Serial pedophiles need to be locked up forever.

Your profile is similar to the one written in 89-90 by the FBI.

It is just such a shame about that crime scene. Unbelievable that all we have are those casts given the le response.

I learned it from the FBI

Sometimes its like that , I'm sure going to break some hearts here ... sometimes we don't win, no matter how hard we try, no matter how long we hold out hope, someone already knows he ending and they are sitting somewhere laughing at the normal people who are trying to figure out what they know

The $hitty part of this business its that heartbreaking and not just sometimes, this isn't a game for those who cant deal with losing. Here you learn how to lose, as much as I despise it .

Some people will spend their lives trying to figure out why a person is no longer walking amongst us, whether they are deceased, or a captive somewhere. I've seen it first hand.

That is the unseen part of tragedy, that it often drags people with it

AS I tell ANYONE who wants to get involved in homicide investigation, missing persons etc... even here ... Take time away from it ! Don't be here every day, don't spend your life immersed in true crime, and the bad $hit of the world .

I learned it from the FBI

Sometimes its like that , I'm sure going to break some hearts here ... sometimes we don't win, no matter how hard we try, no matter how long we hold out hope, someone already knows he ending and they are sitting somewhere laughing at the normal people who are trying to figure out what they know

The $hitty part of this business its that heartbreaking and not just sometimes, this isn't a game for those who cant deal with losing. Here you learn how to lose, as much as I despise it .

Some people will spend their lives trying to figure out why a person is no longer walking amongst us, whether they are deceased, or a captive somewhere. I've seen it first hand.

That is the unseen part of tragedy, that it often drags people with it

AS I tell ANYONE who wants to get involved in homicide investigation, missing persons etc... even here ... Take time away from it ! Don't be here every day, don't spend your life immersed in true crime, and the bad $hit of the world .

RBBM

I have often wondered about the FBI BAU's ability to craft press releases that trigger a response in the narcissistic criminal causing them to react in a way that shines the light directly on them and leads to their arrest.

RBBM

I have often wondered about the FBI BAU's ability to craft press releases that trigger a response in the narcissistic criminal causing them to react in a way that shines the light directly on them and leads to their arrest.

Hypothetically, like naming a POI who wasn't involved and has no other known history , or creating a pod cast nearly naming a person that wasn't involved and does have a lengthy history. Poking the bear to see what kind of reaction occurs. If this person is a narcissist how long could he last thinking that his greatest work is being credited to somebody else?

IMO of course.

RBBM

More the stuff of fiction than in actuality, but it has been done (Dennis Rader for ex) There are indications in using that type of tactic, that I cant get into

But what they usually release is as dead on as they can allow, barring anything exclusionary to eliminate false claims.

Intentionally "negging" a suspect could have tragic results, to the investigation, or even possibly another victim, and could cause potential witnesses to fail to come forward, because the suspect didn't "completely" fit the profile

For example they release, they "believe the suspect is a homosexual"... they do this hoping he will contact police to refute such a claim but he doesnt, NOW someone around him has suspicions, (as they almost always do ) but he fits all the criteria everything else but, hes not homosexual.

A potential witness who may have serious questions about the individual may say to themselves, "thays a lot like...... , but hes not gay", and therefore never comes forward .

Hence why its best to (and why they almost always ) release actual info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member