MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinner or any other local. Is it possible to check and see if any of the newspapers or TV stations have unprinted or edited out video in their "morgues" that show more of the driveway and activity in the driveway? All one needs to do is ask.

Do you have free long distance? It might be easier for you since you know what you want and how to ask for it.

Some media might be gone, though. Folded up.

How is it bad to ask for a lawyer? I fail to see how this generality could be bad for anyone.

And btw, he was not arrested for the JW case, it was Jared's

That is not what I asked. I asked how do you know for a fact that they are rumors from his ex and not statements from LE?

I already corrected and said that he was brought in for questioning in Jacobs case.

Am I striking a nerve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not what I asked. I asked how do you know for a fact that they are rumors from his ex and not statements from LE?

I already corrected and said that he was brought in for questioning in Jacobs case.

Am I striking a nerve?

Good point

They are not fact checked at all, sorry I typed too fast.

There is a difference between requiring a fact check, and fact checking. The statement you made is a generalization or a grouping by association, which is a matter of opinion only, not fact.

A book may or may not require fact checking, I don't know. I do know that the information in my book was pretty well vetted. I did not include rumours or hearsay that could not be substantiated. There's plenty that was a left out of the book. Interview sources in some cases cannot be disclosed due to protecting the identity of the source.

I`ll leave the sensationalism to Esme Murphy and other like-minded folks.

So back to the case...there were reasons that Hollinger was arrested in one case and brought in for questioning in the other. What do we know besides LE remembered him having a scanner from a previous pull over? What caused them to go directly to him when Jacob was abducted? Do we know anything about the daughter going to a counselor? Do we know what priest he talked to?

I don't have a problem with brainstorming. I do have a problem with how some comments are couched.

Hm. I don't see that at all.

When I was teaching, we called it brainstorming, No question or idea was wrong.

Asking, thinking, springboarding off of other ideas. I always love it.

People re so different in how they see things. Things I never thought of.

I don't have to agree with it. It makes me think and turn it around in my mind. Yes, no, maybe.

Sometimes no turns into yes with more info,

I don't have a problem with brainstorming. I do have a problem with how some comments are couched.

Agreed. If it were so simple, the case would have been solved 25 1/2 years ago.

ELOC does not even use his name and gives little detail. There is a lot more to the story.

As explained in the book, for persons not identified through court documents or media sources:

Author's note: Information about this individual is based strictly on the interviews or statements of witnesses. There are no relevant court or investigative records to cite, because any such records were allegedly ordered destroyed by Stearns County officials. As such, the names used in reference to this individual and the witnesses are pseudonyms. Any similarities between the pseudonyms and actual persons of the same or similar names are unintentional, and strictly a coincidence.

Why include the information on such a person? Simple, because someone out there knows something that could lead to answers. One reader contacted me because they made a connection between two bits of information in the book, that linked someone to a place that was within 1 mile of another location where an early lead was ruled out due to tire tracks. (the lead was passed on to Stearns and the FBI). Given that the the whole theory of the tire tracks changed 14 years later, it behooves us to reconsider leads that may have been dismissed due to evidence base on early theories.

From page 188:

Everett Doolittle had been an investigator with the Minnesota BCA since the beginning of the Wetterling case. In 2004, as the fifteenth anniversary of Jacob’s abduction neared, Doolittle pointed out that going back to the beginning of the investigation was a common method for solving older cases. He advised current investigators to go back and reexamine all the information, looking for links that hadn't been made earlier. Taking a second look at suspects who had previously been cleared, and perhaps should not have been, was warranted, he said.

Doolittle's cold case unit of the BCA had utilized the same methodology to solve two major murder cases in Minnesota, including the 1992 murder of Linda Jensen in Big Lake, and the 1978 slayings of Alice Huling and her three children in Fairhaven Township.
“In almost every case, the person told someone,” Doolittle said. “The answer is out there somewhere. The key is to find it. Time becomes your friend for that, not your enemy.”

This is the exact opposite of what I had been thinking. I figured time was the enemy.

Also, very interesting that the criminals had told someone.

I wonder if it some never tell. Did Bundy or Keyes ever tell?

This is really vague, Can you clarify more at all or is this as precise as you feel you can get?

Why include the information on such a person? Simple, because someone out there knows something that could lead to answers. One reader contacted me because they made a connection between two bits of information in the book, that linked someone to a place that was within 1 mile of another location where an early lead was ruled out due to tire tracks. (the lead was passed on to Stearns and the FBI). Given that the the whole theory of the tire tracks changed 14 years later, it behooves us to reconsider leads that may have been dismissed due to evidence base on early theories.

This is really vague, Can you clarify more at all or is this as precise as you feel you can get?

I can't really give a lot of details, but early on in the investigation authorities cleared a particular car of involvement based on the car`s tire prints. When Kevin came forward, the tire prints that had been focused on were explained, so this other car's tracks may have been undetected at the abduction scene.

I sure hope something comes out of all of this.

All of the prayers. All of the things people around the world did.

The good must crush the bad, should 't it?

In related news, KARE 11 had a special tonight on abuse at St. John's abbey and prep school. You can watch the video here:
http://www.kare11.com/longform/news...ht-alleged-sex-abuse-st-johns-abbey/26904257/

Some of these priests were sent to work in parishes in Hastings and Cold Spring after admitting they had abused boys.

I can't see the video, but there is text. I hope it is the same as the video.

Unbelieveably sad. The tuition at these schools is huge.

Can't remember what Prep is but the college is something like $40,000 a year.

That video is heartbreaking. That school should be shut down.

I don't where the quote is, but apparently Patty does not feel monks are involved with Jacob. I wonder what info she has

I can't really give a lot of details, but early on in the investigation authorities cleared a particular car of involvement based on the car`s tire prints. When Kevin came forward, the tire prints that had been focused on were explained, so this other car's tracks may have been undetected at the abduction scene.

Photographs show a lot more than one car's tire prints in that driveway. I can see at least three plus the ATC. I seriously doubt that a farm driveway would have only three sets of fresh tire prints in it given the number of vehicles that go in and out of a dairy farm every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BunnyLugsCacti