MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...okay...that's an odd description. It almost seems like it's intended to be an admiration of sorts, and I'm not sure what to say to it.

As for the rest...

Personally, I think his method was very awkward and amateurish...and really unwisely high-risk, since he was outnumbered 3-to-1 and probably couldn't shoot in three different directions at once if his targets decided to make a run for it on their bikes/scooters. This makes me think he lacked social skills, or maybe he became desperate because he had no other means of making contact with his intended targets(others may have sensed he had ulterior motives, and kept their children away from him).

I would almost expect him to be a first-time offender, but I don't think he is because of all the similar acts of violence against children(such as Jared) that look like they could be connected to this.

I'd never really given thought to the idea that the gun could have been fake, but now I'm thinking it's more likely that it was. If he had a mask and a gun that(maybe) seemed to be a toy, it makes even more sense that one of the boys had at first thought the incident looked like a joke...but, the risk of not taking someone who approaches like that seriously could be a very dangerous one, especially in the dark.

If it was a real gun, by chance, and he'd have fired it, someone with a bigger gun could have shown up. I wonder if he'd been watching the nearby houses for activity. If he was extremely local, he might have known enough about everyone's schedule to be able to identify patterns - and that could be one possibility for his apparent lack of concern about how much time he was spending at the scene, interrogating the boys.

My gut tells me he canvassed a large(but probably familiar) area, looking for victims to take back to wherever he was based and harm/kill them...but, as someone on another thread commented, the vast majority of missing people turn up within a very short distance(whether dead or alive) from their abduction site. Two to five miles, I think.

I keep hoping that Jacob will be found alive like Shawn Hornbeck was, but I can appreciate how much more time has passed since he went missing.

Well don't say anything to it-it's not an odd description-just a statement of fact. Regarding your BBM....that's a negative in this case, not a positive. I DON'T admire it in the least! IMO it could be these qualities that could have been used for nefarious purposes. It is a positive in normal, law abiding people....but definitely a negative in anyone with nefarious thoughts and/or deeds bent upon their own deviations from the norm. As for the gun....it could have been indeed REAL......my point was that from the boys' perspective it didn't matter....Trevor saw it....and seeing is believing so their gut reaction is to obey....that's it. As for the connection between Jacob and Jared....it has not yet been established.

Well don't say anything to it-it's not an odd description-just a statement of fact. Regarding your BBM....that's a negative in this case, not a positive. I DON'T admire it in the least! IMO it could be these qualities that could have been used for nefarious purposes. It is a positive in normal, law abiding people....but definitely a negative in anyone with nefarious thoughts and/or deeds bent upon their own deviations from the norm. As for the gun....it could have been indeed REAL......my point was that from the boys' perspective it didn't matter....Trevor saw it....and seeing is believing so their gut reaction is to obey....that's it. As for the connection between Jacob and Jared....it has not yet been established.

In Jareds case the perp threatened to shoot but did Jared ever see a gun? Not sure why he would show off a portable scanner to him but not a gun. The perp was also never disguised.

I think we have to reiterate hiw isolated this area was. I think some people are relating to thia like it was a city.

There were chldren ar the begining of the road and then nothing until the turn off to the cul de sac. Anyone hanging around the cul de sac with just a few houses would stick out like a sore thumb.

It is hard for me to believe that many of the people in the neighborhood did not have dogs. The Wetterlings did.

Um...okay...that's an odd description. It almost seems like it's intended to be an admiration of sorts, and I'm not sure what to say to it.

As for the rest...

Personally, I think his method was very awkward and amateurish...and really unwisely high-risk, since he was outnumbered 3-to-1 and probably couldn't shoot in three different directions at once if his targets decided to make a run for it on their bikes/scooters. This makes me think he lacked social skills, or maybe he became desperate because he had no other means of making contact with his intended targets(others may have sensed he had ulterior motives, and kept their children away from him).

I would almost expect him to be a first-time offender, but I don't think he is because of all the similar acts of violence against children(such as Jared) that look like they could be connected to this.

I'd never really given thought to the idea that the gun could have been fake, but now I'm thinking it's more likely that it was. If he had a mask and a gun that(maybe) seemed to be a toy, it makes even more sense that one of the boys had at first thought the incident looked like a joke...but, the risk of not taking someone who approaches like that seriously could be a very dangerous one, especially in the dark.

If it was a real gun, by chance, and he'd have fired it, someone with a bigger gun could have shown up. I wonder if he'd been watching the nearby houses for activity. If he was extremely local, he might have known enough about everyone's schedule to be able to identify patterns - and that could be one possibility for his apparent lack of concern about how much time he was spending at the scene, interrogating the boys.

My gut tells me he canvassed a large(but probably familiar) area, looking for victims to take back to wherever he was based and harm/kill them...but, as someone on another thread commented, the vast majority of missing people turn up within a very short distance(whether dead or alive) from their abduction site. Two to five miles, I think.

I keep hoping that Jacob will be found alive like Shawn Hornbeck was, but I can appreciate how much more time has passed since he went missing.

Interesting point. The outnumbered three to one.

Sounds like a person who has lots of interaction with children and is used to telling them what to do. No fear of not controlling three children.

Seems very cmfortable with the children . Ordering them around and having them do what he wants. Hm

Sounds like a person who has lots of interaction with children and is used to telling them what to do. No fear of not controlling three children.

Seems very cmfortable with the children . Ordering them around and having them do what he wants. Hm

21 years later the public would find out the man home alone was also a teacher. So you go back to how it occured and the type of control and command presence he was able to use on them.

If you were relatively shrewd about car placement, the perp would have had 30 minutes pre-Kevin, right (925-930)? Because of the remote nature, I do not think you'd have to be a master of the terrain. I think certain things point to it being someone local, but I think it wouldn't exclude others.

Sometimes really well hidden bodies make one think of a local, but we don't even have that here.

If you were relatively shrewd about car placement, the perp would have had 30 minutes pre-Kevin, right (925-930)? Because of the remote nature, I do not think you'd have to be a master of the terrain. I think certain things point to it being someone local, but I think it wouldn't exclude others.

Sometimes really well hidden bodies make one think of a local, but we don't even have that here.

Where would this car placement be seeing as the perp went up the driveway with Jacob?

Where would this car placement be seeing as the perp went up the driveway with Jacob?

Could the reason for the two cars coming up a drive way and looping around be a story to cover ones tracks...so to say...

Could the reason for the two cars coming up a drive way and looping around be a story to cover ones tracks...so to say...

I am assuming the only unidentifed tracks are those or Kevin?

And why would a kidnapper car go up the Rassier driveway earlier in the day? What sense does that make?

There could be tracks that would make sense to have been there....friend or other family members....and that is why the POI pressure is on DR because he is the only one that could rat them out. Just a thought. We know that all tracks have been identified we just don't know if all have absolutely been ruled out as A way off of that farm with Jacob.

Without more, even a confession decades later would not guarantee a criminal conviction: Mistrial Is Declared in Etan Patz Case

The clock is ticking, the final countdown has begun . . .

Find the remains, or forget it.

Prov. 11:14

I don't think anyone will ever be found guilty in Etan Patz's case, or in Jacob's case. Because you're right, even with a confession, Hernandez was not found guilty. Like Jacob's case, there are other possible perps, and no solid evidence.

In Moose Lake, it might make sense to move the elderly and "disabled" to a less restrictive facility. I doubt anyone will get let out of Moose Lake though. Too many people in MN remember Dru Sjodin being murdered by Alfonso Rodriguez in 2013. He was considered "mentally disabled" and he was a Level 3 Minnesota registered sexual offender who had been released from prison after a 23-year sentence only six months prior to Dru’s disappearance.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...l-appeal-unveils-details-of-dru-sjodin-murder

Dru's story:
http://www.nsopw.gov/en/Home/DruSjodin?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Without more, even a confession decades later would not guarantee a criminal conviction: Mistrial Is Declared in Etan Patz Case

The clock is ticking, the final countdown has begun . . .

Find the remains, or forget it.

Prov. 11:14

All the land within 200 yards is private. Searchers would need permission to search private land. I would concentrate on the wooded areas...inch by inch, pull up the leaves and clutter. Would the DR family give permission to search their woods? You really have to know what you are looking for. Concentration on small details like a bone fragment, belt buckle, sneaker sole...anything that may have survived that long in the elements.

All the land within 200 yards is private. Searchers would need permission to search private land. I would concentrate on the wooded areas...inch by inch, pull up the leaves and clutter. Would the DR family give permission to search their woods? You really have to know what you are looking for. Concentration on small details like a bone fragment, belt buckle, sneaker sole...anything that may have survived that long in the elements.

Sounds like a plan, except if the abductor took J to a remote spot.

I don't think anyone will ever be found guilty in Etan Patz's case, or in Jacob's case. Because you're right, even with a confession, Hernandez was not found guilty. Like Jacob's case, there are other possible perps, and no solid evidence.

In Moose Lake, it might make sense to move the elderly and "disabled" to a less restrictive facility. I doubt anyone will get let out of Moose Lake though. Too many people in MN remember Dru Sjodin being murdered by Alfonso Rodriguez in 2013. He was considered "mentally disabled" and he was a Level 3 Minnesota registered sexual offender who had been released from prison after a 23-year sentence only six months prior to Dru’s disappearance.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...l-appeal-unveils-details-of-dru-sjodin-murder

Dru's story:
http://www.nsopw.gov/en/Home/DruSjodin?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

These people in Moose Lake are monsters, They have committed the most horrendous of crimes.

Make the dang crime have longer sentences. That way, they don't have to go to Moose Lake. They can stay in prison.

The only fact that I see is that Jared's case is not proven to be related to Jacob's.

I can see why Jared himself believes the same person is responsible for both, but you're right; we just don't know.

I wish we had at least one good, solid piece of evidence - a fingerprint, a few strands of the perp's hair, etc.

Sounds like a plan, except if the abductor took J to a remote spot.

I searched for Jacob. Needle in a haystack?

No, needle that could be anywhere. So many woods and swamps in MN.

Maybe someday someone will find something.

My feeling is that he was taken and his body was taken care of in a way that it would never be discovered.

If he had a lot of interaction with children prior to this event, it seems odd to me that he'd hide behind his gun in order to get their compliance.

A lot of molesters gain access to their targets by befriending them(as mentors, teachers, etc.), or by luring them out in a less risky manner.

He just seems so desperate and inept to me...of course, he definitely must have been pretty certain of his greater physical advantage(or that of his gun).

If he had a lot of interaction with children prior to this event, it seems odd to me that he'd hide behind his gun in order to get their compliance.

A lot of molesters gain access to their targets by befriending them(as mentors, teachers, etc.), or by luring them out in a less risky manner.

He just seems so desperate and inept to me...of course, he definitely must have been pretty certain of his greater physical advantage(or that of his gun).

Children are like herding cats. They don't always listen to directions. A gun makes sure that they are listening. A person who works with children knows you need to get their attention.

I imagine he was desperate. Inept? Lucky for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl