MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More fully on that in due time. No one has ever pinpointed exactly what went on with the marketing program attributed to that movie. I was there and had friends who lent their cars for that movie. In fact, when I watch that flick I can pick out 15 cars that club members owned and lent for the show.

Weren't people given free stickers?

Very vague, Sasquatch.

FYI, I've known 6 people who've taken trumpet lessons under DR. He has one of those voices that sounds the same no matter if he's frustrated, sad, happy... Have you ever listened to Leonardo Dicaprio talk? He's got a voice very similar to DR. Every single movie he's ever been in you can pick out his voice immediately. Same as DR.

Do you know DR? If not, you probably cannot say. I myself can sound like many different things. Is DR a monotone?

It's a simple lead, though I will chase it to completion. FYI, there was a station wagon with wood paneling in the movie.

Yes, we discussed the station wagon in the movie several pages back. If you are interested in wood paneled station wagons in missing children cases, (and since you are interested in cars), you should look at this thread here on WS dedicated to a station wagon that was originally blue, but was repainted a cream color. It was involved in the Lyon sister’s case, which was also unsolved for many years, although they have arrested a suspect now. They are still searching for the car.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Late-1960-s-or-1970-s&p=11224678#post11224678

Oct. 23, 1989 A Minneapolis bloodhound leads officers to tire tracks, prompting officers to believe the kidnapper had a car nearby. By 1:30 p.m., fliers are distributed.

Dec. 14, 1989: Attention turns to links between Jacob’s abduction and the abduction and sexual assault of a 12-year-old Cold Spring boy in January. A sketch of the suspect is released. Details lead investigators to think the two could be related.

October 2003: The driver of a long-sought vehicle comes forward. Authorities rule him out as a suspect in the abduction. The theory of the case changes, leading investigators to focus on local suspects who could’ve been on foot when snatching Jacob.

May 2004: Media reports surface that link Jacob’s abduction to the abduction and sexual assault of the 12-year-old Cold Spring boy. The boy was taken 10 months before Jacob. The victim comes forward and said he believes links exist. Authorities receive about 20 new tips. But investigators believe the cases likely aren’t related.

June 30, 2010: Authorities execute a search warrant at the property adjoining.

http://globegazette.com/jacob-wette...cle_2b0e6832-84d0-11df-85ff-001cc4c03286.html

“Jacob’s last footsteps are shown on that driveway,” said Jacob mother, Patty Wetterling.

Rassier, now 56, was home alone at the time. He has been questioned multiple times, but his name didn't come out publicly until 2010, when authorities searched his family farm over two days. Forensic tests on items taken from that search have yielded no evidence linking them to the crime, but investigators are still testing some items, or waiting for technology to advance so additional testing can be done.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/dan-rassier-jacob-wetterling-abduction_n_1736816.html

More fully on that in due time. No one has ever pinpointed exactly what went on with the marketing program attributed to that movie. I was there and had friends who lent their cars for that movie. In fact, when I watch that flick I can pick out 15 cars that club members owned and lent for the show.

You were about 12 at the time?

I believe I read that everyone who showed up to try out got a free bumper sticker and that was hundreds of people.

Are there any older people to ask or are there articles in the newspaper archives on this big event?

Yes, exactly. My dad was/is into cars and we've been involved in the local club scene for decades. I still have my first car (a classic btw). There wasn't a "try out". Casting knew what they wanted and it was more in that the clubs put together the cars requested. That scene where about 15 1957 Chevy's come out of the car wash? Well a bunch of those cars are my friends cars. The 1957 Chevy that jumped under the goal posts? I know where it sits today.

You were about 12 at the time?

I believe I read that everyone who showed up to try out got a free bumper sticker and that was hundreds of people.

Are there any older people to ask or are there articles in the newspaper archives on this big event?

Cool. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Yes, we discussed the station wagon in the movie several pages back. If you are interested in wood paneled station wagons in missing children cases, (and since you are interested in cars), you should look at this thread here on WS dedicated to a station wagon that was originally blue, but was repainted a cream color. It was involved in the Lyon sister’s case, which was also unsolved for many years, although they have arrested a suspect now. They are still searching for the car.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Late-1960-s-or-1970-s&p=11224678#post11224678

I do. He has a certain sound in his voice that's nearly impossible to erase.

LE has convinced me that DR is involved in the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling. LE has a strong legal reason for naming him a POI. At this point, it doesn"t matter who you think he is or what he will tell you. Because only LE can tell you for sure, but they are under a gag order not too. If DR is indeed completely innocent, why hasn't he challenged the states evidence against him, with an attorney?

Hey Sas Who do you recall challenging states with attorneys? If DR is guilty why did he not hire an attorney? He's taken lie detectors, spoken to LE when asked. It's been over five years ago they got nothing, looking in the wrong place.

LE has convinced me that DR is involved in the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling. LE has a strong legal reason for naming him a POI. At this point, it doesn"t matter who you think he is or what he will tell you. Because only LE can tell you for sure, but they are under a gag order not too. If DR is indeed completely innocent, why hasn't he challenged the states evidence against him, with an attorney?

Probably because he has never been charged.

Sas, let me pose this another way.

Can you point to a case, a law, a statute or any kind of example DR and an attorney could follow in order to file some kind of cause of action as you suggest?

I can't.

The closest I could fathom is DR suing the police to get his property back, in which they'd likely simply reply "it's an open/ongoing investigation". No dice.

Bingo and why would he talk without legal representation?

I guess you could say I'm just speaking for DR
He is the one that sought out Joy and wrote 14 angry letters to LE to clear his name. This is based on public humiliation, death threats, and more. If he is completely innocent and being left for a savage by LE, then he should hire a civil attorney to challenge his involvement in this case and get his name cleared. And the truth told.

I watched the 20/20 on ID today. I vaguely remember watching that episode back in college. Anyway, Trevor says the perp was wearing a mask and he could not see his face. So where are the sketches from? Trevor can't remember what kind of mask.
Sketches look like Hollinger. Kevin is of concern to me too, why wait so long to tell the car story. Did Kevin know the 3 boys?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The sketches are not of Jacob's perp. Just possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members