MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, even if the BCA and the FBI are "involved" in the investigation, I think the Stearns County Sheriff makes the decisions.

I think people want answers. I think it's wise to consider all angles, and that maybe there is a possible cover-up.

If everything goes back to the SCSD, then maybe that's where the problem lies. At this junction, why not ask LE some questions about why this has gone so long unsolved.

I don't think the FBI/BCA has as much power as some people think when it comes to investigating this. It's the SCSD juristiction.

Seriously? This crime is known worldwide and we are to believe that FBI agents or BCA agents would turn a blind eye? That strains credibilty.

And not only that, let us say there is some incredible super power the sheriff has, it is beyond unbelievable that if the W family was told that action would not be swift and sure.

Interesting letter. I was flabbergasted when Sanner was reelected. Totally shocked (and still am)
I can't help but wonder if it is some kind of police code (stick together) or rally 'round the flag syndrome or what, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Reminds me a lot of Sandusky where people just overlooked things they didn't want to tarnish an otherwise lucrative position

The people in Stearns County are stupid then in your eyes because as far as I know, the LE do not elect the Sheriff.

StinkSprings, the link didn't work, but I copied and pasted it. What a powerful message!

Very telling, IMO. Maybe some people should call Sheriff Sanner and ask if the FBI is involved, and if they aren't, then ask why not.

After watching The Hunt with John Walsh, I started reading about Jacob's abduction, and I ordered Walsh's book. When he was searching for his son, he was constantly in the faces of local LE; asking them to bring the FBI in. When they wouldn't, he demanded answers. He went to Washington, and eventually NCMEC was formed. They found his son's head, and he never stopped until he found out who did this to his son. Now he's a hunter, and hunts down monsters that hurt children.

We need John Walsh to ask the SCSD what's going on, and why Jacob hasn't been found.

I hope this link works:

http://www.sctimes.com/story/opinion/2014/10/31/letter-sanner-ignored-cold-case-question/18287085/

I am confused. Isn't Patty the president of the Board?

Please remember it is against our Terms of Service to start a petition, letter writing campaign or to suggest posters should call someone to get action.

In other words no type of organizing members for a cause is allowed unless it is first approved by Websleuths management.

If you have any questions please send me a private message or email websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thank you,
Tricia

Seriously? This crime is known worldwide and we are to believe that FBI agents or BCA agents would turn a blind eye? That strains credibilty.

And not only that, let us say there is some incredible super power the sheriff has, it is beyond unbelievable that if the W family was told that action would not be swift and sure.

If it's Sheriff Sanner's jurisdiction, then he is the one in charge of the investigation, and he appoints the investigators. The FBI and BCA can only assist.

From what I have read so far, they only have one POI, and I feel they're barking up the wrong tree.

If it's Sheriff Sanner's jurisdiction, then he is the one in charge of the investigation, and he appoints the investigators. The FBI and BCA can only assist.

From what I have read so far, they only have one POI, and I feel they're barking up the wrong tree.

Because?

And the BCA found the info for the sealed warrants. Then you are saying he asked for their assistance?

I am confused. Isn't Patty the president of the Board?

Patty is Board Chair. I think she did considerable work with FBI agent Al Garber many years ago, in trying to find her son. He was the FBI supervisor when Jacob was abducted, and worked on the case for about two years; supervising the investigation. He retired in 1993, according the a TwinCities Pioneer Press.

I know the FBI has been involved, and at the beginning there were about 15 agents according to the timeline. I think there's one agent now. They've been put on the case, and pulled off the case.

I understand the BCA prompted the search of DRs property. Maybe it's something the predator left behind that they found, and maybe DR knows about it.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_13613535

So if the BCA prompted the search, how did they get involved if it is up to the Sheriff?

So if the BCA prompted the search, how did they get involved if it is up to the Sheriff?

It's the jurisdiction of the SCSD. They can invite whomever they want to assist. Ultimately, the Sheriff's dept. decides what is done with the information found, and currently there has been nothing of any significance found on DR's parents farm; hence the questions of where is this investigation going, and why haven't they found anything in 26 years?

It's the jurisdiction of the SCSD. They can invite whomever they want to assist. Ultimately, the Sheriff's dept. decides what is done with the information found, and currently there has been nothing of any significance found on DR's parents farm; hence the questions of where is this investigation going, and why haven't they found anything in 26 years?

We don't know what they found.

And people are complaiming about the Sheriff but he brought in the BCA?

Is the Sheriff supposed to manufacture evidence?

We see here on WS that cases that re 40 years old are getting solved. Yay!

It's good that cases are getting solved at 40 years, but it would be much better to see them get solved before that.

Inspector, joy baker also investigates pre-Kevin leads. You should really check out her blog if you havent. I know you said you saw the Hunt, she is the local on it.

It's hard to imagine DAH pulling of this crime. It's well known that he had effective grooming methods, largely plying young boys with liquor and weed. Furthermore, how could someone that was always drunk pull of the crime of the century on his two feet?

Thanks for the concise and clear response.

Elocsol,

1. Kevin didn't really go out of his way to talk to a cop that night. It was by chance he/gf saw a St. Joseph's car sitting at Cotton's dentist office by the Tom Thumb. At that point they were more curious/nosy, but did mention they saw bikes on the road by the Rassier farm (which, again, the bikes were in a ditch across the road from the Rassier farm. Imo that proximity is key.

OK, maybe not so much out of his way - but the point is, he did pull into a driveway to tell a cop what he had seen.

2. According to Kevin's story, his brother told him the next day that the FBI was making plaster cases of tracks found in the driveway. That should have been more than enough information for one of those 4 people who knew Kevin/gf drove down that driveway. A white van was publicly sought and any information relating to the scene that night...

A van was sought, but it was a light brown or light tan van, not white, and that van was seen several times, months earlier, over by Kraemer Lake. It was not reported to have been seen in the Wetterling neighborhood. Even so, if LE was looking for a van, it means they weren't looking for his girlfriend's silver colored Pontiac.....

Inspector, you must be from MN with the depth of your le information. Are you in the Stearns area?

No, just a lot of reading, and putting a few things together. Mostly opinions based on what I've read. I have been reading about the case since the Hunt aired on TV. Not so much on WS until more recently. Shergal has organized information on the case, and I like the time lines.

One thing that bothers me: Why hasn't LE named DR as a "suspect" verses POI. Maybe that's why he hasn't gotten an attorney; because he's not officially named a suspect.

No, just a lot of reading, and just putting a few things together. Just opinions based on what I've read. I have been reading about the case since the Hunt aired on TV. Not so much on WS until more recently. Shergal has organized information on the case, and I like the time lines.

One thing that bothers me: Why hasn't LE named DR as a "suspect" verses POI. Maybe that's why he hasn't gotten an attorney; because he's not officially named a suspect.

It's great that The Hunt captured your interest in this case. It was a good program to keep talking Jacob, but was very disappointing to many because it's focus was rather narrow.

Regarding POI vs suspect, it may be because they're not sure if he was involved directly, or covering for some unknown person, or had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Your responses are besides the point. They knew they were at the crime scene either minutes before or after and never came forward in the immediate aftermath.

Elocsol,

1. Kevin didn't really go out of his way to talk to a cop that night. It was by chance he/gf saw a St. Joseph's car sitting at Cotton's dentist office by the Tom Thumb. At that point they were more curious/nosy, but did mention they saw bikes on the road by the Rassier farm (which, again, the bikes were in a ditch across the road from the Rassier farm. Imo that proximity is key.

OK, maybe not so much out of his way - but the point is, he did pull into a driveway to tell a cop what he had seen.

2. According to Kevin's story, his brother told him the next day that the FBI was making plaster cases of tracks found in the driveway. That should have been more than enough information for one of those 4 people who knew Kevin/gf drove down that driveway. A white van was publicly sought and any information relating to the scene that night...

A van was sought, but it was a light brown or light tan van, not white, and that van was seen several times, months earlier, over by Kraemer Lake. It was not reported to have been seen in the Wetterling neighborhood. Even so, if LE was looking for a van, it means they weren't looking for his girlfriend's silver colored Pontiac.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member