MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be against immunity because of the trophy collection. Very strange to be so callous about the case and be found to have a news article collection.

Well, using your logic here, I should equally be a POI. My computer is littered with saved files on this case.

You can't imagine my frustration that the FOX interview w/Kevin back in 2004 is no longer available online...only the transcript. If I'd have known it was on at the time, I promse you I'd have a VHS of it.

Embarrassingly I have a VHS of the first airing of the 20/20 show on Jacob Wetterling.

...and a copy of the NYT from September 12, 2011...

I digress. But I'm equally a pack rat, esp when it comes to media things that directly affected me in some way. I don't consider them trophies- only historical references that can't mysteriously disappear from the www

This sheriff doesn't solve any cases.

The sheriff does not solve cases on his own. He works with a whole team at the sheriff's office. Plus he receives input from tips, etc. So to blame any unsolved missing person cases on one person is ludicrous. Sanner was not even sheriff when Jacob was abducted. Charlie Grafft was.

Agreed. There are posters who have posted over 5,000 times in this thread. That alone is startling.

If a major crime occurred in my driveway I would collect information on that case as well. Calling it a "shrine" is just a word that people attempting to pin this on DR use in order to evoke a response. Its simply a collection of information. I would imagine posters with 5,000 posts on this thread may have a saved item or two or 50 on this case in their homes on and their computers. We could call that a "shrine" as well.

Well, using your logic here, I should equally be a POI. My computer is littered with saved files on this case.

I can imagine being a POI would be very difficult, and damning to his reputation. I hope he has good health, and can continue to withstand the public scrutiny of his life.

Good point Caoutchouc; on any of us with notes and information on this case, also being a potential POI. It happened on his property, and I would have done the same thing. I would have wanted to know everything about the case.

Does DR have any history of sexually abusing children? I've read that they believe the abduction was sexually motivated. I know he's a teacher, and sometimes sexual predators put themselves in careers where they'll be near children. Just throwing that out there.

Agreed. There are posters who have posted over 5,000 times in this thread. That alone is startling.

If a major crime occurred in my driveway I would collect information on that case as well. Calling it a "shrine" is just a word that people attempting to pin this on DR use in order to evoke a response. Its simply a collection of information. I would imagine posters with 5,000 posts on this thread may have a saved item or two or 50 on this case in their homes on and their computers. We could call that a "shrine" as well.

I have plenty of posts. The only thing I have saved is my Jacob's Hope pin. I wear it sometimes.

I looked for Jacob. I could not sleep for weeks. My whole understanding of the world changed. I learned about sex abuse.

I went to the symposium with Patty, the parents of the missing Anderson boy, and a woman whose child had been taken to a foreign country by her ex. Kevin Collins father was there. He looked about 100 years old.

I threw up on the way home.

Every single day I hope that the creature who did this is caught.

This is about a little boy and a family who loves him.

Not some game or some forum to get back at the Sheriff .

I can imagine being a POI would be very difficult, and damning to his reputation. I hope he has good health, and can continue to withstand the public scrutiny of his life.

Good point Caoutchouc; on any of us with notes and information on this case, also being a potential POI. It happened on his property, and I would have done the same thing. I would have wanted to know everything about the case.

Does DR have any history of sexually abusing children? I've read that they believe the abduction was sexually motivated. I know he's a teacher, and sometimes sexual predators put themselves in careers where they'll be near children. Just throwing that out there.

Gosh no. A few of his former students have come on this board in his defense (only to be discouraged/chased away)
I don't think there's ever even been the tinest accusation of inappropriate behavior/wrongdoing against him.
He's strange- and will be the first to admit it (see KARE interview) but I've personally had a few different music/band teachers over the years and they've all been a bit kooky. I guess you could say they march to the beat of their own drum ;)

You can't imagine my frustration that the FOX interview w/Kevin back in 2004 is no longer available online...only the transcript. If I'd have known it was on at the time, I promse you I'd have a VHS of it.

Embarrassingly I have a VHS of the first airing of the 20/20 show on Jacob Wetterling.

...and a copy of the NYT from September 12, 2011...

I digress. But I'm equally a pack rat, esp when it comes to media things that directly affected me in some way. I don't consider them trophies- only historical references that can't mysteriously disappear from the www

But you are not callous about Jacob's case. So it's not the same thing. The full quote was: "Very strange to be so callous about the case and be found to have a news article collection."

This sheriff doesn't solve any cases.

This sheriff has solved plenty of cases, just not the ones you may be interested in. You have to watch that defamation stuff, you know. Blaming one person because Jacob's case is not solved is ludicrous. Patty Wetterling certainly doesn't blame anyone.

you do have to wonder a tiny bit if Stearns County had purposely threw the case off track to hide information for someone or if they were just inexperienced in stranger kidnappings. Anything is possible. Especially in a small county where many people know each other. In my opinion only.

you do have to wonder a tiny bit if Stearns County had purposely threw the case off track to hide information for someone or if they were just inexperienced in stranger kidnappings. Anything is possible. Especially in a small county where many people know each other. In my opinion only.

Couldn't agree more.
If you take what Kevin and Dan say in their accounts as 100% true, the problem is w/LE imo. Kevin saw the "medical cop" twice (at different times) acting strangely around the scene. No explanation or further inquiry. The cop just hanging out at the dental office? No explanation
Dan said an "experienced" driver driving like his life depended on it turned around in the driveway earlier that day.

And LE has throughly looked into all this? Really?

I can't shake the idea that LE is covering something or for one of their own

And the FBI and the BCA iis in on this coverup? They do not want to solve this fanous crime and reap the glory because......?

Couldn't agree more.
If you take what Kevin and Dan say in their accounts as 100% true, the problem is w/LE imo. Kevin saw the "medical cop" twice (at different times) acting strangely around the scene. No explanation or further inquiry. The cop just hanging out at the dental office? No explanation
Dan said an "experienced" driver driving like his life depended on it turned around in the driveway earlier that day.

And LE has throughly looked into all this? Really?

I can't shake the idea that LE is covering something or for one of their own

Where did Kevin see the medical cop twice?

And the FBI and the BCA iis in on this coverup? They do not want to solve this fanous crime and reap the glory because......?

As far as I know, even if the BCA and the FBI are "involved" in the investigation, I think the Stearns County Sheriff makes the decisions.

I think people want answers. I think it's wise to consider all angles, and that maybe there is a possible cover-up.

If everything goes back to the SCSD, then maybe that's where the problem lies. At this junction, why not ask LE some questions about why this has gone so long unsolved.

I don't think the FBI/BCA has as much power as some people think when it comes to investigating this. It's the SCSD juristiction.

As far as I know, even if the BCA and the FBI are "involved" in the investigation, I think the Stearns County Sheriff makes the decisions.

I think people want answers. I think it's wise to consider all angles, and that maybe there is a possible cover-up.

If everything goes back to the SCSD, then maybe that's where the problem lies. At this junction, why not ask LE some questions about why this has gone so long unsolved.

I don't think the FBI/BCA has as much power as some people think when it comes to investigating this. It's the SCSD juristiction.

Agree. BCA/FBI only work w/what they're given. If what they're given is tampered with or withheld information (intentionally or not) it makes it difficult to do their job. The buck stops at local LE. They're running the show.

And the FBI isn't as powerful as you might think. I'm interested to hear what this woman has to say in her story, but it's a sentiment I've heard many times (re: FBI)
http://www.today.com/video/mom-continues-search-for-missing-sons-29-years-later-495295555524

Defamation is what people constantly do to DR on this forum. Being a POI doesn't give people the right to constantly create hypothetical scenarios that end with Jacob being buried under a wood pile, thrown in an incinerator or stuffed away in a chest. That's callous, malicious and down right LUDICROUS.

This sheriff has solved plenty of cases, just not the ones you may be interested in. You have to watch that defamation stuff, you know. Blaming one person because Jacob's case is not solved is ludicrous. Patty Wetterling certainly doesn't blame anyone.

The lack of knowledge in the Stearns county voting population is who's to blame for the lack of new directions taken in this case. If they would have elected Mark Bromenschenkel there would be outside help on these cold cases.
[h=3]http://www.sctimes.com/story/opinion/2014/10/31/letter-sanner-ignored-cold-case-question/18287085/[/h]

Interesting letter. I was flabbergasted when Sanner was reelected. Totally shocked (and still am)
I can't help but wonder if it is some kind of police code (stick together) or rally 'round the flag syndrome or what, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Reminds me a lot of Sandusky where people just overlooked things they didn't want to tarnish an otherwise lucrative position

Take a microscope and think about what DR is trying to say his involvement in this case is. His involvement in this case is waking up to his dog barking, walking to a window, and seeing a small dark car turn around in his driveway. Earlier the same day he said he saw a car drive through as if their life depended on it. Now, what is there deeper than that? What is there he can't possibly share with us? It's impossible, if clearly innocent, that he could know anymore then what he's already told us. But according to him he does know more, so what does that mean? It means he should have never talked to the media, the golden rule any defense lawyer will tell you. But I'm glad he did, I'm glad we know who he is now, and his story. There is more to come.

Sas, I think you're splicing bits and pieces.

Nowhere have I read DR "knows more" than he's letting on.

I have read that he highly suspects what lead to the search/dig of 2010 but that he's not comfortable speaking about that.

Can you really blame him? He clearly states it is a suspicion, not fact, AND LET ME POINT OUT THE MOST IMORTANT FACT: LE is the one who refuses to unseal the warrant containing "probable cause." DR wants it unsealed. LE is the one putting up blocks here, not DR.

*my source for all this are the separate entries in Joy's interviews. The mod asked I not cut and paste quotes from the source so please go and read the facts yourself

Sas, I think you're splicing bits and pieces.

Nowhere have I read DR "knows more" than he's letting on.

I have read that he highly suspects what lead to the search/dig of 2010 but that he's not comfortable speaking about that.

Can you really blame him? He clearly states it is a suspicion, not fact, AND LET ME POINT OUT THE MOST IMORTANT FACT: LE is the one who refuses to unseal the warrant containing "probable cause." DR wants it unsealed. LE is the one putting up blocks here, not DR.

*my source for all this are the separate entries in Joy's interviews. The mod asked I not cut and paste quotes from the source so please go and read the facts yourself

Thank you for your correction. Let's work with DR to unseal the probable cause for all 4 search warrants.

Correction: 4 Search Warrants, On the second day of the third search they found enough for another warrant to go into his house, where they found more stuff beneath his bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member