MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One must assume the farm buildings were insured, and the insurance company would have discovered a suspicious fire.

I'm not sure why one "must assume" that. This is a description of what DR said about the buildings that burned:

"I asked Dan about the buildings just to the left of the red arrows, which are no longer there. He said the larger one was a machine shed with a dirt floor that was used for storing farm equipment. The smaller one was his dad’s wood shop that had a cement floor. There’s also a small white outhouse to the east of the shop. Those buildings burned down in early June of 2009. I asked if they had been burned down intentionally, or if they had caught fire. He said they had caught fire, and though the fire marshall wasn’t able to determine the exact cause, they figure it most likely was an electrical fire. It started in the wood shop and spread quickly to the rest of the buildings. He said it definitely wasn’t intentional. The Rassiers lost a lot of machinery, antiques, wood shop machines, and several of his father’s projects."

DR doesn't mention that the buildings were insured, But he does say they never determined the cause of the fire, although they figured it was electrical.

Remember the red car that was found by Lake Owasso, where a tipster called in and said that they saw someone throw a body in the lake? That car was eliminated because it's tire tracks did not match those at the scene.

I learned another interesting thing about that car last night - it was stolen.

Remember the red car that was found by Lake Owasso, where a tipster called in and said that they saw someone throw a body in the lake? That car was eliminated because it's tire tracks did not match those at the scene.

What kind of car was it? Where was it stolen from? Did they get any fingerprints from the car? Hmmm could be a new lead? Did the tipster have a good description of the person? Was the car similar to the car with the boy making the call in IL? Did he get a plate number?

So where is the body that never surfaced or was found?

Was there ever a search of that lake for the body?

If investigators got as deep as trying to match the tires to the wetterling, I'm sure they paid attention to someone witnessing a body dumped in a specific place.

A body in a lake would surface. Gasses make it rise. Parts break off and rise.

Even.if it was trapped by vegetaton, part would rise.

If investigators got as deep as trying to match the tires to the wetterling, I'm sure they paid attention to someone witnessing a body dumped in a specific place.

I wouldn't be so sure. If they determined the tires didn't match, they may not have bothered searching the lake. It bugs me that a few suspects were dismissed because their tires didn't match tracks. The perp could have changed tires. And once it was determined in 2003-04 those were Kevin's gf's car tracks - I wonder if they went back and looked again at those they had dismissed?

I wouldn't be so sure. If they determined the tires didn't match, they may not have bothered searching the lake. It bugs me that a few suspects were dismissed because their tires didn't match tracks. The perp could have changed tires. And once it was determined in 2003-04 those were Kevin's gf's car tracks - I wonder if they went back and looked again at those they had dismissed?

Whether or not they thought it was Jacob, I would think a body thrown into a lake would be worthy of a search .

Since the tires were not a match, the body was of no interest to them? Wow. That is just plain sick.

This is from thread #14

02-01-2015, 07:16 PM #407 ELOCsoul

I hope that LE took another look at this after Kevin came forward in 2003…

Paper: St. Paul Pioneer Press (MN)
Title: FBI KIDNAPPER PROFILE SUGGESTS WHITE LONER
Date: October 26, 1989

The hopes of investigators were momentarily raised Wednesday when police discovered an abandoned car in Ramsey County near Lake Owasso that they thought might have been used by the kidnapper.

However, investigators said they soon ruled out the red 1987 Mercury, in part because its tire tracks did not match plaster casts made of tracks at the scene of the abduction in St. Joseph.

The car was found by police at the south end of Lake Owasso after a Twin Cities television station said it had received a tip that a body had been tossed into the lake from a small red car.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives

This is from thread #14

02-01-2015, 07:16 PM #407 ELOCsoul

I hope that LE took another look at this after Kevin came forward in 2003…

Paper: St. Paul Pioneer Press (MN)
Title: FBI KIDNAPPER PROFILE SUGGESTS WHITE LONER
Date: October 26, 1989

The hopes of investigators were momentarily raised Wednesday when police discovered an abandoned car in Ramsey County near Lake Owasso that they thought might have been used by the kidnapper.

However, investigators said they soon ruled out the red 1987 Mercury, in part because its tire tracks did not match plaster casts made of tracks at the scene of the abduction in St. Joseph.

The car was found by police at the south end of Lake Owasso after a Twin Cities television station said it had received a tip that a body had been tossed into the lake from a small red car.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives

This lake is not out of town, it's in the middle of the twin cities. http://binged.it/1MdhFNq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee