MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be cool to have a subform, where info/topics can be better categorized.

I'd also like to know what makes some member so sure DR is the perp? I know he's been the person LE has focused the most on, and that counts for something - but after all this time, and all of the searches I just feel like something should have surfaced by now.

After a lot of DR sleuthing, I have to say, he and his family seem like pretty nice and normal folks. I was expecting an awkward anti-social type, but on social media he has a lot of friends, and family that he speaks to, and has a pretty good sense of humor too. He just won teacher of the year at Rocori in Cold Spring, MN.

I know that doesn't exclude him as a suspect, but I just can't see him as the perp. I wish there was more to go off of than gut feelings or hunches. It sucks that there isn't more.

He has not been identified as a perp. He is identified as a POI.

Here is the article about the evidence and what was taken

http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterli...t-dan-rassier/

Sources tell KSTP.com, investigators removed several items from the farm, including a lawn chair, the base of a patio umbrella stand and a cedar chest. The items had been stored in an area above a four stall garage on the Rassier property.

We have also learned investigators seized a box from Daniel Rassier’s bedroom containing news clippings and articles about the Jacob Wetterling abduction. That box also contained part of Rassier’s journal.

Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summer’s two-day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer.

Sources also confirm part of the reason why the farm was searched again this summer, was because new investigators took on the case and discovered evidence that had not been examined before. Another reason why investigators converged on the farm this summer is because of advances in technology.

The K-9 searching the Rassier farm was flown to St. Joseph from Louisiana. The K-9 works very closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Human why continue to post the old stuff from 5 + years ago? Patty Wetterling has moved on from dr. This old info turned up zilch.

Human why continue to post the old stuff from 5 + years ago? Patty Wetterling has moved on from dr. This old info turned up zilch.

What do you mean? People wanted to know about the evidence and what was found. So there it is.

So boring, I know.

But sometimes new people come onboard and see something others did not. Like identifying DAH. Who knows what a new person might discover frim the limited info we have.

How does the cases being related rule out DR?

Because of DR's solid alibi at the time of Jared's abduction. ELOC or someone else might clarify this - wasn't he playing with a band in front of 100+ witnesses or something like that?

He is not a suspect in Jared's case and Jared interacts with DR on Joy's website. I think DR was a teacher at Jared's school at the time and Jared has a pretty good memory of his abductor - and would presumably be able to pick him out if it was a teacher at his own school.

In fairness to the DR lynchmob, it is nevertheless conceivable that DR is part of a conspiracy that was involved in both Jared and Jacob. I don't buy into conspiracies and consider this a very unlikely scenario.

Has any info ever come out on DR's sexuality? When I watched the interview, my first thought was his mannerisms and speech reminded me of a man who might be homosexual. I do not mean that to be derogatory at all btw.

The reason I bring it up, is because I suspect it's the reason he's never been married. I've seen the fact that he's never been married thrown around a lot as being bizarre. IMO if my hunch is correct, it makes perfect sense.

Personally, I don't think one being married, or living with their parents is weird though regardless of his sexual orientation.

I apologize in advance if bringing this up goes against any sort of rules here on WS. I'm a noob, and am learning as I go. I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight on this.

Most people in the United States are single.

I sense a lot of the attack on DR isn't so much based on the paltry evidence against him as it is an attack on someone who doesn't share the political, religious and social ideals of older, married, rural, Republican, church-going matriarchs...you know the same people who stood by for decades looking the other way during the sexual crimes of the Catholic Church.

It's a modern day version of the Salem Witch Trials.

The marrying generations are old and dying off, but while they are still here and retired they have a lot of time to air their disgust with DR's existence and lifestyle.
It will be cool to have a subform, where info/topics can be better categorized.

I'd also like to know what makes some member so sure DR is the perp? I know he's been the person LE has focused the most on, and that counts for something - but after all this time, and all of the searches I just feel like something should have surfaced by now.

After a lot of DR sleuthing, I have to say, he and his family seem like pretty nice and normal folks. I was expecting an awkward anti-social type, but on social media he has a lot of friends, and family that he speaks to, and has a pretty good sense of humor too. He just won teacher of the year at Rocori in Cold Spring, MN.

I know that doesn't exclude him as a suspect, but I just can't see him as the perp. I wish there was more to go off of than gut feelings or hunches. It sucks that there isn't more.

One thing I think is commendable is how the school administrators have so solidly stood behind DR during all of this. The easier thing would have been to ask for his resignation. Instead they go out of their way to support him. If there was even a hint of impropriety in any of his 40-year-unsupervised-contact with children I'm certain he'd be out of a job.

I know this to be 100% fact. Jared and Patty believe all the cases are connected, hence, they are NOT of the belief that DR was the perp.

Because of DR's solid alibi at the time of Jared's abduction. ELOC or someone else might clarify this - wasn't he playing with a band in front of 100+ witnesses or something like that?

He is not a suspect in Jared's case and Jared interacts with DR on Joy's website. I think DR was a teacher at Jared's school at the time and Jared has a pretty good memory of his abductor - and would presumably be able to pick him out if it was a teacher at his own school.

Hasn't one of the pedophiles admitted to being on that road or in that area that night?

I agree Kevin and DR are the only two people we know were in the right place and right time. Kevin's story makes no sense whatsoever; DR's story is unremarkable. Yes, the police with Patty's acquiescence may be manipulating Kevin and/or his official story in some way - it's really too fantastic to be true.

Most people in the United States are single.

I sense a lot of the attack on DR isn't so much based on the paltry evidence against him as it is an attack on someone who doesn't share the political, religious and social ideals of older, married, rural, Republican, church-going matriarchs...you know the same people who stood by for decades looking the other way during the sexual crimes of the Catholic Church.

It's a modern day version of the Salem Witch Trials.

The marrying generations are old and dying off, but while they are still here and retired they have a lot of time to air their disgust with DR's existence and lifestyle.

One thing I think is commendable is how the school administrators have so solidly stood behind DR during all of this. The easier thing would have been to ask for his resignation. Instead they go out of their way to support him. If there was even a hint of impropriety in any of his 40-year-unsupervised-contact with children I'm certain he'd be out of a job.

This is what I'm thinking too. Unless there is some evidence that we just don't know about that LE isn't sharing. From everything I've read and have been able to deduce, it appears that DR is the POI because it was unfortunate enough to live at the scene of the abduction, and seems off to LE.

In addition to DR having a squeaky clean record, I just cannot fathom how he was able to hide Jacob's body for all of these years. With LE on his property within an hour or two of the abduction I doubt the body could be anywhere but on his property but with numerous searches, cadaver dogs, nothing has turned up. I guess I'd like to hear theories on how/where he could have disposed Jacob. His window of time was so small, and LE was all over his property not long after the abduction.

I'm also glad to see the school sticking by him. Can you imagine (assuming DR is innocent) how difficult it would be to be suspected of doing something so awful with no way to prove you're innocent. I suspect his cooperation with LE, and never retaining an attorney is his way of trying to prove it.

Hasn't one of the pedophiles admitted to being on that road or in that area that night?
I believe that was Matthew Feeney.

One thing that is disturbing about this case is that the area seems like a colony of sex offenders.

MF being a documented presence in the neighborhood within an hour or so of Jacob's last live sighting is pretty chilling. I think it's contrary to the usefulness of this website to announce that since the cops did/did not decide something about a suspect we should all accept their wisdom and move on. If MF's alibi isn't the most airtight alibi in the history of alibis I don't see why he isn't the number one POI from the Websleuth perspective. (well, actually I do know why - but that will be solved soon when Bessie opens the new thread)

There's plenty of convicted sex offenders around Jacob in 1989 - and even more cases of attempted abductions that went unsolved. In particular, there is a string of documented attempts by an older, 50ish male using a vehicle and commanding nearby boys on foot

" GET IN THE CAR !!! "

....all in rural-ish Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas during this period.
These cases are so strange to me because I can't imagine that this technique "works" very well for the abductor. But this same story is repeated over and over from numerous boys.

I sure wonder what the evidence and the long term investigation information was that led to the big dig.

FBI. Team Adam from the NCMEC . Special dog from Louisiana. Wonder what they found that got them search warrants for the house?

The info is all linked above. So it is not my opinion.

We only know what DR remembered that they found, I do not believe there is a real list of the items.

It said they had found evidence that they had not looked at and that is what led them to the 2010 search.

I sure wonder what the evidence and the long term investigation information was that led to the big dig.

FBI. Team Adam from the NCMEC . Special dog from Louisiana. Wonder what they found that got them search warrants for the house?

The info is all linked above. So it is not my opinion.

We only know what DR remembered that they found, I do not believe there is a real list of the items.

It said they had found evidence that they had not looked at and that is what led them to the 2010 search.

human remember Patty Wetterling doesn't believe DR did it. This dig turned up nothing and is over 5 years old.

human remember Patty Wetterling doesn't believe DR did it. This dig turned up nothing and is over 5 years old.

Where is it said that Patty doesn't believe DR did it? I'm not suggesting here that he did, but I strongly doubt that Patty would take the position that he didn't do it. She has said there are other suspects besides DR, but that's about as strong as she has publicly divulged. Simply believing that Jacob's and Jared's cases could be related does not translate to the definitive conclusion that he didn't do it.

Now, if it's ever determined that the two cases are by the same perpetrator, then yes I would agree that DR would be excluded. But, the known links between the two cases are not all that strong when you consider the sheer number of abduction attempts at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214