MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think they could have incriminating evidence, but not enough to bring him to trial or arrest him. They won't be telling the public they have some evidence but not enough. They've worked on this case for so long that they aren't going to pull the trigger without enough to convict.

Kidnapping a child at the end of your own driveway and leaving two living witnesses to run to the nearest house and call 911 is a bit more than impulsive. He would have to be driven by a need so desparate it overrode all reason and sense of self preservation.

And this from a paedophile who is apparently so disciplined that he doesn't molest his pupils or even watch child *advertiser censored* in the privacy of his own home?

I'm sorry, but even though I can see how DR looks hinky, the case against him is hinky too.

1. When did computers become common in homes? Way after Jacob. I think a smart person would not have *advertiser censored* on his computer years after he is being looked at by the police

2. The geography of the site. By the Tom Thumb, going towards DR driveway, there were maybe 10-12 houses that were separated by yards that are quite large by city standards.

Then there was NOTHING. NOTHING but fields for a ways until the DR farm. Why, pray tell, would the perp park several blocks down the road from where there are any homes? There is no way the perp could see 1/2 mile down a road with no street lights and no moonlight. No way.

So, I ask, why would a perp choose a driveway that far away from any settlement of homes?

3. Jared may have nothing to do with this. I cannot find any info on it, but shortly after, there was a handyman on a farm in Paynesville that was found to have molested tons of boys. Jared's molester may be someone totally different. It has not been established that the person is the same.

1. When did computers become common in homes? Way after Jacob. I think a smart person would not have *advertiser censored* on his computer years after he is being looked at by the police

A smart person wouldn't kidnap a child at the end of their own driveway and leave two witnesses either.

So, I ask, why would a perp choose a driveway that far away from any settlement of homes?

Parking in the driveways of the 10-12 homes would be too risky, so he mosied on down the road to find a more isolated driveway - and then you've answered your own question..."there was NOTHING. NOTHING but fields for a ways until the DR farm."

Does the handyman from Paynesville have any alibi for the night of Jacob's abduction?

anyone ? .....was there a 48 hours or unsolved mysterys episode on this story disappeared .amw anything was there any story done about this case done in video like a dateline or 48 hours mystery.. ? ?. ?

why would the perp park way down the road at DR's unless he knew where the children lived?

I think it is possible that the hunt was exciting. Being smart has nothing to do with a situation like this. Look at Haleigh Cummings, for instance.

Have people heard of deer fever? I imagine the hunt for the child is just as crazy in terms of losing all judgment

why would the perp park way down the road at DR's unless he knew where the children lived?

Where else would he park? If he drove down the road and saw that it was, as you describe, NOTHING till you get to DR's house and then the cul de sac a little ways after, it wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that the children would probably be returning at least as far as DR's driveway.

anyone ? .....was there a 48 hours or unsolved mysterys episode on this story disappeared .amw anything was there any story done about this case done in video like a dateline or 48 hours mystery.. ? ?. ?

I don't think so, CanManEh. Nancy Grace has mentioned the case in among other missing children, that's about it afaik.

Cappucino-I just cannot understand this.

Nobody passed the kids on the way to the store.

If the perp is waiting by the Thumb, how does he know that he needs to go that far down the road? He cannot see down the road. He has no idea the kids came that far.

There is NO WAY the average or not so average person would know about the cul de sac. A ways after the emptiness of the DR farm, the road turns to the cul de sac. No idea of that for anybody unless you know the area .

There were three children. Aaron lived 4 miles away. An unknowing person would think the kids lived in the development because it seems like there is nothing after that but farm land which is Minnesota. Big spaces of nothing.

Yes, there have been shows about this. I remember one with Patty, Jerry and Trevor. Very heartbreaking with Trevor sobbing.

There are shows with Aaron. If you google, you can find them

The noise was on the left as the boys were heading to Tom Thumb, DR's driveway was on the right.

Maybe the person saw the boys before this day? Maybe he saw them riding their bikes and was able to determine where they lived.
The guy who kidnapped Shawn Hornbeck drove around until he noticed young boys in vulnerable positions, and kidnapped them.

It is not that hard to think that a pervert was driving around town looking for a boy over a couple of days, waiting for the perfect chance to grab him. He see's kids riding bikes or running around and he watches and learns. Then late in the evening a couple of days later, he happens to see these same boys riding to the video store, he now knows where they live so he sets his trap and takes one!

When you look into the Jaycee Duggard case or Shawn Hornbeck case, you see that these people are cold, calculating and will travel long distances to take a child, and to hide a child.

could be Leprakawn.

I believe the decision to go to the PTA function was last minute.

Even if the perp knew the boys were home alone, how would he know that they were going to get a movie?

Why would the perp wait in the DR driveway? The only place to park would be on the side of the road. The roads there are ditched, so no way to drive up on land unless you want to leave huge chunks of your car behind.

But they called and got a babysitter last minute....... so it makes you wonder if the perp is someone who knew the babysitter or their family. The other boys with Jacob have families and knew their kids were with him.

So there were people who were well aware that the parents would not be home.

I would hope that angles like this were checked out, and that all of the focus was not on the weird neighbor!

DR's driveway is on the left when going to Tom Thumb

the babysitter was called by the children when they wanted to go to the store. There were no cell phones in those days.

So someone called the perv and told him to go now?

I agree that pervs are insane and go and do insane things.

The other boys with Jacob were his brother Trevor and Jacob's best friend Aaron.

Who knows what the LE looked at. I would hope that they examined phone records.

I don't know if Aaron's family knew that they were going to the store.

as far as these boys running around, the Wetterling home is at the end of a cul de sac, not visible from the main road. One way in and one way out. This is not a place where anyone could drive and not be noticed. Please look at a map and you will see. I sincerely doubt that the perp drove into the cul de sac to look at kids. He would be noticed for sure.

need some help here. Going from memory and the memory may be wrong. Is the Rassier farm on the same side of the road as the Wetterlings?

Is the driveway on the left or right going to the Thumb?

need some help here. Going from memory and the memory may be wrong. Is the Rassier farm on the same side of the road as the Wetterlings?

Is the driveway on the left or right going to the Thumb?

Looking at a map, the driveway is on the right going to the Tom Thumb.

human said:
Cappucino-I just cannot understand this.

Nobody passed the kids on the way to the store.

If the perp is waiting by the Thumb, how does he know that he needs to go that far down the road? He cannot see down the road. He has no idea the kids came that far.

There is NO WAY the average or not so average person would know about the cul de sac. A ways after the emptiness of the DR farm, the road turns to the cul de sac. No idea of that for anybody unless you know the area .

Maybe he did know the area.

However, I don't really think you're grasping what I'm trying to describe. You keep trying to attach agency to something that doesn't have it. There's no reason for him to have known that the boys would come back that far, if he was an opportunistic paedophile, (or a "grabber"), he could have been doing this all day. Hanging round lonely country roads or laneways waiting on the off chance that a stray child would pass, and failing time after time. So if the boys he saw headed to the Tom Thumb hadn't come back that far, so what? He just would have chalked up another failure and headed somewhere else to try. The only reason he chose DR's driveway was because it was a nice lonely and deserted place to hide in wait on the off chance they did come that far.

If you try anything enough times eventually you'll succeed, and with Jacob he just got lucky, same as Devlin did with Shawn Hornbeck.

Or it could have been DR either. I'm not discounting any theory that's realistic, and I don't think anybody else should either.

OK. But if you had been to the site, I think you would see it differently. Why go to a spot that is highly unlikely to wait for some children who may or may not go by?

It does not have to be DR. It could be a buddy of his or any other people. Lots of peds in the area for sure because of the pedo priests and I am sure, their buddies.

I think, also, Cappucino, that you are not American and perhaps do not understand what the look of Minnesota in that area is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14