MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he said in one of those videos that he did tell the police his theories, plus they have all his journals, but "they weren't buying it." IMO, if LE wasn't interested, maybe he should tell someone who is. (Unless it was such odd ideas that LE just rejected it - I'm not sure.)

CanMan, here are some other links for you:

Video interviews with Sheriff Sanner, Aaron and the 911 call, video of Jacob, and his mom and dad: (at bottom of page, 2 videos on a loop follow each other once you click play) http://www.startribune.com/templates/Print_This_Story?sid=11579041

Jared's story: http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63324

http://www.joybaker.com/2010/10/23/where-are-you-jacob/

Original article from 1989: http://www.startribune.com/templates/Print_This_Story?sid=11579041 (this comes up as a printable piece, but is the only way you can read it anymore.)

Something that bothers me about DR is that in his original interview back in 1989 on TV with Trish Pilsum, he said he went back to bed. (excerpt below)

"Remember he is the witness who placed a car at the scene. Later that night he heard a commotion. It was the search and it was in his yard. He went back to bed.
Trish Van Pilsum: “Why would you go to bed when a kid had just disappeared?”
DR: “I wanted to get some sleep. I wasn’t going to waste my time.”

Full transcript of above at this link,
http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/
scroll down to "KMSP TV Fox 9 Transcript." In this interview his face was blurred and they referred to him as "the Man" because he had not yet been named a POI.

Then later in 2010 in these interviews (links below) he did with Channel 11 TV he's saying he went outside and searched in outbuildings. So IMO, his story has changed.

Part 1 of Interview with DR: http://www.sctimes.com/section/VIDE...+Wetterling+investigation+Part+I/626212935001

Part 2: http://www.sctimes.com/section/VIDE...+Wetterling+investigation+Part+I/626212935001

I am wondering why DR does not get a lawyer to help him (not sue--where did that come from??) rather than him writing to all of these people .

I think the arrogance of the perp came from others on here lately, so if others see DR as arrogant, hm.

I did not label him as a POI and dig up his farm etc. That is what the LE did.

Really, people think LE has time to check on someone calling about a car turning in their driveway? For what reason? No one had done a crime. Nothing had happened. Just a turn around. Really?

Timothy Bender was a POI in a few bay area kidnappings. If you read about him and the circumstances, you are sure he had something to do with these cases......But after spending a lot of time talking to the press and parents and giving his "Theories" he sued the Police and won.

He interjected himself into the cases and then sued when the focus went on him.

DR reminds me of Bender!

DR wrote letters to a bunch of people-Senators, Governors, etc.

If you read about sealed warrants, it certainly sounds like he could use a lawyer to help him with his issues. I wonder why he doesn't do that and get the warrant unsealed to see what is says.

I'll have to read about Bender. Meanwhile, there is a missing child that people seem to forget about in all of this. Perhaps DR's insights if revealed, would help spark something from the community.

It was 1989. It was a small town, very rural. It's not a big city with lots of crime. If DR noticed a strange vehicle in his driveway at night and felt the need to call the police and report it, I don't see why the police wouldn't have time to check it out, if DR requested it. Whether or not it was necessary to call the police and whether or not the police would have checked it out doesn't really matter. To our understanding, he did call, for whatever reason. We don't know what was said in that phone call. So where did the vehicle turn around? Wouldn't it have to be far enough up the driveway for him to see or hear it? Did it come all the way up the house? Half way up the driveway? At the end of the driveway near the road? If it turned around at the end of the driveway (where he probably couldn't see or hear it very well), I don't know why he would report it. Did the vehicle just turn around or did it sit in his driveway for a period of time (long enough to cause him concern) and then leave? Did he only see the vehicle leave his driveway not knowing how long it was sitting there? I thought I read there were tire tracks half way up the driveway, but I could be wrong about that. Where did the man who came forward about his car say he turned around? I don't recall. Isn't it possible that there could there have been more than one vehicle in the driveway that night? So many questions that I don't have answers to.

Does the town have police or is it the Sheriff? If it is the Sheriff, they patrol a huge area and don't have time to go to things that are silly.

If the car was there, it would be long gone by the time someone would get there.

To me, I think that call is very important because it makes no sense. When something makes no sense, there is a reason.

Does the town have police or is it the Sheriff? If it is the Sheriff, they patrol a huge area and don't have time to go to things that are silly.

If the car was there, it would be long gone by the time someone would get there.

To me, I think that call is very important because it makes no sense. When something makes no sense, there is a reason.

I don't know what the town had/has regarding police/sheriff.

I'm not saying the vehicle would still be there when the police got there. DR could have just wanted to make sure nothing happened on his property. But this is why it would be interesting to hear a recording of the phone call so we know what he actually reported and how the police responded to his call.

Yes, it is important. There are too many missing pieces to this puzzle, which is why I don't think anything should be discounted. I wish we could get some answers. Jacob and his family have had to wait far too long.

Jacob's family needs the answers. I wonder if the info will ever be released?

After 40 years would it be released? Or is it forever sealed to anyone but LE?

Kidnapping a child at the end of your own driveway and leaving two living witnesses to run to the nearest house and call 911 is a bit more than impulsive. He would have to be driven by a need so desparate it overrode all reason and sense of self preservation.

And this from a paedophile who is apparently so disciplined that he doesn't molest his pupils or even watch child *advertiser censored* in the privacy of his own home?

I'm sorry, but even though I can see how DR looks hinky, the case against him is hinky too.

I see it a little differently.

I think a narcissistic or similarly disordered type might believe that kidnapping a child at the end of his own driveway would be the perfect crime. He might thrive on the thrill of the risk. He might thrive on the fact that he felt he would outsmart investigators. He had a mask, disguised his voice, the kids did not know him. They would not be able to identify him. Who is going to suspect someone so obvious? Not to mention, he placed a strange car in his drive way.

Although it seems the most likely when it comes to child abductions, we don't actually know that the motive behind this abduction was pedophilia. That there have been no reports made by students or links to child *advertiser censored*, really proves nothing. Jmo

The Rassier driveway is on your RIGHT as you are going toward the Tom Thumb store. Here is a link to an interesting article, with a pay and aerial photo.

Rob

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

:frown: Oh, this article fills in so many little details we did not know at the time. For instance, I did not know that Jerry and Patty's party was all the way in Clearwater. What a horrendous ride home that must have been for the two of them.

The aeriel map is giving me the chills. Now I understand what Patty means when she says,"We have to drive by the abduction spot every day." Goodness. It's just down the road from their house.

I also did not realize that R's driveway was sooooo long. Hmmmmmmm.

It's my understanding that the report of a car (made by Rassier I believe?) turned out to be a false report or - something like that. As I recall, LE spent much time trying to track down a vehicle (was it a tan van???) which never did exist. Just 'somebody' trying to throw LE off the scent.

I am going purely by memory, so I apologize for any inaccuracies. My memory may be fading a bit, but right now, after reading this linked article, my entire body recalls how it felt when Jacob got abducted. I am feeling sick and panicky.

I truly feel that the state of Minnesota has never quite been the same since Jacob's abduction.

I see it a little differently.

I think a narcissistic or similarly disordered type might believe that kidnapping a child at the end of his own driveway would be the perfect crime. He might thrive on the thrill of the risk. He might thrive on the fact that he felt he would outsmart investigators. He had a mask, disguised his voice, the kids did not know him. They would not be able to identify him. Who is going to suspect someone so obvious? Not to mention, he placed a strange car in his drive way.

Although it seems the most likely when it comes to child abductions, we don't actually know that the motive behind this abduction was pedophilia. That there have been no reports made by students or links to child *advertiser censored*, really proves nothing. Jmo

Ok. In that case, DR did it.

:frown: Oh, this article fills in so many little details we did not know at the time. For instance, I did not know that Jerry and Patty's party was all the way in Clearwater. What a horrendous ride home that must have been for the two of them.

The aeriel map is giving me the chills. Now I understand what Patty means when she says,"We have to drive by the abduction spot every day." Goodness. It's just down the road from their house.

It's my understanding that the report of a car (made by Rassier I believe?) turned out to be a false report or - something like that. As I recall, LE spent much time trying to track down a vehicle (was it a tan van???) which never did exist. Just 'somebody' trying to throw LE off the scent.

I am going purely by memory, so I apologize for any inaccuracies. My memory may be fading a bit, but right now, after reading this linked article, my entire body recalls how it felt when Jacob got abducted. I am feeling sick and panicky.

I truly feel that the state of Minnesota has never quite been the same since Jacob's abduction.

BBM.

Incorrect. A man named Kevin heard about the 911 call from the two children on his police scanner and went to the scene. He spoke to a police officer who was apparently "dismissive" and told him to go away. He did as he was told. His was the car seen turning in the driveway, as far as we know. Kevin only came forward in about 2004, and before that everybody thought the car in the drive was the kidnapper.

Since then the theory has shifted towards the idea that the kidnapper was on foot. The car did exist though.

There were white van reports of some guy trying to kidnap children afterwards. That seems to be the case after a kidnapping. True or false? Who knows.

was Kevin the art student looking for places to sketch or the supposed US Marshall who heard about the kidnapping on the police radio? I seem to remember both coming forward saying their cars were in the driveway somehow.

was Kevin the art student looking for places to sketch or the supposed US Marshall who heard about the kidnapping on the police radio? I seem to remember both coming forward saying their cars were in the driveway somehow.

Snip
Early on, it did not look like it would be too hard to find the criminal. Days after Jacob’s disappearance, police began looking for a red Chevette. Ten people said that they saw the car at the Tom Thumb moments before the kidnapping. In a town where everyone pretty much knew the vehicle of choice of everyone else, the Chevette was unfamiliar. It turned out that the mystery car probably belonged to an art student. He called police and told them that he had been in the area looking for things to sketch. His story was verified, and police moved on.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-jacob-wetterling-abduction/

BBM

I could not agree more.

True, but why did the abductor ask for the boys' ages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase