MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From above article, (Thanks for finding that, Human) "They didn't notice anything or anyone unusual at the store, Larson says. "It was 9 p.m. on a Sunday night. There was not too much going on." So evidently "staring old man" wasn't there at that point?

And.. "Garber says several men emerged as suspects, but no one was charged.

"There are several people who we could not determine whether they did it or not," he says. "We did everything that we could do to determine that. We found them. We talked to them. We tried to trace their movements. We tried so many, many things, and there are several people who still ... I don't know if they did it, but I know that they could have."

I think that's kind of where we are at in our sleuthing also.

So weird about that other Jacob Wetterling contacting them. What are the odds?

Here's more on the man who thought he was Jacob. (The original article appeared in the St. Joseph area paper - but the link to it did not bring it up. It was copied here though.)

http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/42931-jacob-edwin-wetterling.html

There are archives of the St. Joseph / Sartell NewsLeader paper here if anyone wants to look through them. It looks as if they only go back to 2012 though.
http://issuu.com/newsleaders

Reading these articles and watching the video above just brings home the pain of this as well as the incredibly remarkable family the Wetterlings are.

I find it so difficult to accept that all of the people praying and hoping for Jacob have not affected the forces in the universe, whatever one believes they are.

It is so past the time for this to be over!

There's a Prairie Public (MN) television program called "If a Road Runs Through It." I am sitting here watching it right now, and wouldn't you know that DR's dad is interviewed. There are some shots of the property, the St. John's campus, and other areas of interest. There are some interior pics of the DR house.

The program is about a possible road being built through the area and the affect it might have on family farms.

How do you get it to work?

You can watch it on an iPad? Maybe not?

Don't think it works on an iPad.

I think Marlin posted some documents about the Rassiers having their farm made a historical preservation place

Couldn't get the video to work.

Yes, the rassier farm is listed on the national registry. The farmstead was deemed significant because of the architectual styles relating to early dairy farming in central Minnesota. Any modifications to the farmstead need to be approved by the Minnesota historical society, because of it's listing.

I think the show was from 2007, so it's possible others have already seen it, but it was new to me. I was able to play the video on my MacBook, but maybe it won't work with iPad. I'll see if I can find a different link. Maybe just Google the title?

You do have to click below the video on the blue square that say "watch now." It doesn't have a normal arrow on top of the video like most.

I tried the arrow on my iPad last night and today. Does not work.

Mac has no agreement with Microsoft, so no flash available. One of the real dowfalls of the I pad.

Here is my message

If a Road Runs Through It

Flash version 9,115 or greater is required

You have no flash plugin installed

Download latest version from here

If a Road Runs Through It, a documentary about the Avon Hills region of Minnesota, examines the rich history, environmental sensitivity and development pressure of this area.
A news posting by CSB/SJU on the film is available here.

Video here of Aaron Larson talking about the abduction. It contains some shots of the road, fields, etc. at the abduction site.

http://www.startribune.com/video/64688382.html#/64688382/video/1/

Another tear jerker.

He certainly reiterates the darkness of the night.

To me, it had to be someone that knew that driveway really well. And the rest of the terrain as well.

Otherwise, how could he command the boys to run off in that pitch black area?

Thanks for the video links....I hadn't seen the one with Aaron in a long time. For those of you with iPads to watch videos when flash is required just go to your app store and download photon flash player. Then you use that as your web browser to watch the video needed. You lose a little quality but the app works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744