MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the video links....I hadn't seen the one with Aaron in a long time. For those of you with iPads to watch videos when flash is required just go to your app store and download photon flash player. Then you use that as your web browser to watch the video needed. You lose a little quality but the app works very well.

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Photon works!

Interesting program about the development.

I was expecting the DR father to be more stern,

Good article. Picture of the bike Jacob was riding

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15411710

I continue to be astonished about what loving people the Wetterlings are.

I was amazed by the Amish who forgave the school shooter.

The Wetterlings radiate love and compassion to me.

Good article. Picture of the bike Jacob was riding

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15411710

I continue to be astonished about what loving people the Wetterlings are.

I was amazed by the Amish who forgave the school shooter.

The Wetterlings radiate love and compassion to me.

Yes they are, most definitely so, and Jacob sparkled with that love.

I wrote a song about those Amish girls: ' Little Girls in White' but I never play it....it's too painful. And so it is with Jacob...a beautiful soul. Why would anyone want to remove that from the world?

I'm sure that most of you have seen this clip, but here is a link for those who haven't:

A Current Affair, October 26 1989, Jacob Wetterling, Jill Ireland, Zsa Zsa Gabor and Commercials - YouTube

at 4:25 is a real time shot of the abduction scene. It appears that the Rassier had a dirt driveway.

At the 4:08-4:10 mark, it sounded as though Aaron was getting ready to say "it didn't"....look like a gun (filling in the blank on my part).

Although I don't buy into the prank theory. JMO, but there is a world of difference between a person hiding behind a door and scaring someone they know as a joke, and a grown man (and a teacher to boot) terrorizing 3 strange children on a dark desolate road at gun point. Has it even been established if DR knew any of the boys???

Back to point, I don't believe the perp had a real gun...as has been stated by several other posters, a starters pistol, as one example, certainly resembles a real gun.

I have just started reading the book Blink which talks about how we take in data and realize things quickly. Sometimes first impressions are correct.

Of course, the joke idea could be that nothing else would make any sense to Aaron, being 11 years old.

I, too, wonder about the gun. I have heard about people using their fingers in a pocket and saying they have a gun. It could have been jusy about anything in that dark night.

I have just started reading the book Blink which talks about how we take in data and realize things quickly. Sometimes first impressions are correct.

Of course, the joke idea could be that nothing else would make any sense to Aaron, being 11 years old.

I, too, wonder about the gun. I have heard about people using their fingers in a pocket and saying they have a gun. It could have been jusy about anything in that dark night.

Human I agree. I tend to think that Aaron thought it was a joke simply because the notion of a masked gunman with a gun abducting an 11 year old boy in front of 2 other children, in this part of the country and during this time period, would have been incomprehensible to anyone. Especially an 11 year old boy. JMO.

DR holds all the answers in my opinion. It wasn't a stalker and no car was used. A stalker would've known his target and probably waited for a better opportunity given he only wanted to take one boy. As far as the car goes..I believe a person would've been taking a chance parking in Rassiers driveway simply because they wouldn't know if someone from that farm would be coming or going during that time and they would've risked being caught or witnessed and questions would've been asked at that time of the night. This was all spur of the moment on the fly and all the lucky cards fell into his lap. Midwest made a great point on a previous post about him talking to the media almost like he's still trying to convince himself he didn't do it. I couldn't agree more!

Reposting from Shergal, #3, page 12, #289, below. I would like to know who this bus driver was. Would seem like a good suspect for Jared's case, perhaps Jacob's as well.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-cloud-mn/TKMOC8OA1GE8A1V9C

"There was a composit drawing made of 2 people of interest in the case. That drawing was so precise, that it was just like they took a picture, of the 2 suspect's. When I looked at the poster, I had a gut feeling I knew the 2 people, on the poster. It bothered me so much, I had to go back, and look at the drawing again. I looked at the eye's, and blam, it hit me. It was a picture of the father & son. The son (Suspect) used to work for a local nightclub. He would go up on the roof, during band break's, and watch the guy's and gal's, get it on in the parking lot. He took a bus driving job, for a local school, and got fired for pinching little boy's, in the a$$. I've said all I want to about the subject, or I'll have the FBI knocking at my door, wondering how I knew that. When the suspect died, I figured justice has been served."

Reposting from Shergal, #3, page 12, #289, below. I would like to know who this bus driver was. Would seem like a good suspect for Jared's case, perhaps Jacob's as well.

"There was a composit drawing made of 2 people of interest in the case. That drawing was so precise, that it was just like they took a picture, of the 2 suspect's. When I looked at the poster, I had a gut feeling I knew the 2 people, on the poster. It bothered me so much, I had to go back, and look at the drawing again. I looked at the eye's, and blam, it hit me. It was a picture of the father & son. The son (Suspect) used to work for a local nightclub. He would go up on the roof, during band break's, and watch the guy's and gal's, get it on in the parking lot. He took a bus driving job, for a local school, and got fired for pinching little boy's, in the a$$. I've said all I want to about the subject, or I'll have the FBI knocking at my door, wondering how I knew that. When the suspect died, I figured justice has been served."

Maybe ELOC you could send this to LE.

They have the means to see who wrote that

It says the suspect (this bus driving son) died though. So no one would be able to question him anymore. I agree, send it to LE, they should be able to get info on who posted that.

Perhaps I am missing something...is there a link to the composite drawing of the 2 people referenced in this post?

DR holds all the answers in my opinion. It wasn't a stalker and no car was used. A stalker would've known his target and probably waited for a better opportunity given he only wanted to take one boy. As far as the car goes..I believe a person would've been taking a chance parking in Rassiers driveway simply because they wouldn't know if someone from that farm would be coming or going during that time and they would've risked being caught or witnessed and questions would've been asked at that time of the night. This was all spur of the moment on the fly and all the lucky cards fell into his lap. Midwest made a great point on a previous post about him talking to the media almost like he's still trying to convince himself he didn't do it. I couldn't agree more!

Wisdom, I am simply curious. How are you so certain a car was not used? Also, you mentioned in one of your first posts that you've researched this case extensively and think DR is the correct POI. Could you briefly explain the basis for your conclusion?

Perhaps I am missing something...is there a link to the composite drawing of the 2 people referenced in this post?

it was discussed previously but I have not seen a link as to which sketches the topix Gary was refering to. However, SelTel had posted info regarding sketches and what makes them so recognizable to the public. Sometimes a suspect's driver's license picture is overlayed with drawing paper and a sketch made from that. The topix Gary's description was extremely interesting as I found some (not all) of the sketches almost of portrait quality. Being a sketcher of realistic portraits myself(as a hobby) this information of Gary's + Sel Tel's combined could have some substance if a link was found between the sketches, the nightclub, and the bus driver.

it was discussed previously but I have not seen a link as to which sketches the topix Gary was refering to. However, SelTel had posted info regarding sketches and what makes them so recognizable to the public. Sometimes a suspect's driver's license picture is overlayed with drawing paper and a sketch made from that. The topix Gary's description was extremely interesting as I found some (not all) of the sketches almost of portrait quality. Being a sketcher of realistic portraits myself(as a hobby) this information of Gary's + Sel Tel's combined could have some substance if a link was found between the sketches, the nightclub, and the bus driver.

If someone knows how to do it, send the info to LE. They have the tools, the face recognition programs, and the warrants to get the info on this. We do not.

Sel Tel chooses to not share any info, so that is a dead end or a prank. IMO

The Topix guy has to be referring to the picture of the older man in Tom Thumb and the guy in the hat who's been around forever, because he says, "When I looked at the poster" - those are the 2 pics that were on the poster.

cGorg,

There are several reasons I don't think a car was used but the best reason is you would have to ask yourself if DR is the person responsible...which I think he is...do you think he would've used a vehicle? Also the kids didn't remember seeing a vehicle and even though they were young and in a very stressful situation I believe they would've remembered seeing one when they looked back after running a 100 yards or so. It wouldn't have taken them that long to run that far and the abductor wouldn't have had enough time to get Jacob in the car and dealt with let alone driving away before the boys were looking back. So it's possible DR had a vehicle waiting in the driveway and he would've been able to drive without headlights up the rest of his driveway but anyone else would've turned them on to head down the road in either direction and the boys would've seen them in my opinion. Also the police believe no vehicle was used now and DR is their person of interest and we all know why DR looks like the prime suspect and the police have alot more info than we do. Sorry I know I'm rambling but just trying to answer your question.

cGorg,

There are several reasons I don't think a car was used but the best reason is you would have to ask yourself if DR is the person responsible...which I think he is...do you think he would've used a vehicle? Also the kids didn't remember seeing a vehicle and even though they were young and in a very stressful situation I believe they would've remembered seeing one when they looked back after running a 100 yards or so. It wouldn't have taken them that long to run that far and the abductor wouldn't have had enough time to get Jacob in the car and dealt with let alone driving away before the boys were looking back. So it's possible DR had a vehicle waiting in the driveway and he would've been able to drive without headlights up the rest of his driveway but anyone else would've turned them on to head down the road in either direction and the boys would've seen them in my opinion. Also the police believe no vehicle was used now and DR is their person of interest and we all know why DR looks like the prime suspect and the police have alot more info than we do. Sorry I know I'm rambling but just trying to answer your question.

Wisdom, thanks for the explanation. Not saying you're wrong...just looking for basis of thought.
1. DR and vehicle. Doesn't make sense for him to use a vehicle UNLESS there was an accomplice which would make for a very quick exit off the scene of the crime leaving DR alone at the farmhouse and very little trace of evidence.
2. DR as sole perp....no, I don't think he would have used a vehicle. He is strong enough and agile enough to carry Jacob to the farmstead. Plus, there are so many buildings there for a hideout.
3. Vehicle ruled out by LE. I don't know....the tire track evidence to me is strange....I've been through that whole thing of tracks on a gravel/dirt driveway....I have doubts about the certainty expressed by LE of: first it was definitely a vehicle, then in 2004 it became perp on foot. Nothing in between.
4. Vehicle headlights + sound: if a vehicle was used and the perp started the vehicle, turned on the headlights while the boys were running home...I think they would have seen that. As for the sound....under extreme stress, running full speed in a field it's possible the boys could not have heard anything. I played basketball in high school....I never heard a thing from the crowd while playing full speed....the mind tunes out the sound while concentrating.
5. Risk: there's 2 risky things about the abduction. (1) while the boys abandoned their bikes in the ditch and the perp made them lay in the ditch, another car could have come from the north upon them. (2) the same thing could have happened if a vehicle was used. Despite upon hindsight there being at minimum 20 minutes for the perp to exit the crime scene, the perp would not have known that, so the quickest exit would be on his mind.
6. Vehicle vs On Foot...you've mentioned the cards fell in the right place for DR. That could apply to a vehicular abduction as well. I have much difficulty with DR's words, demeanor, and overall behavior...very suspicious but I do hold that thought at bay while considering the vehicular abduction.
7. Footprints...I have only seen 1 still picture of Jacob's footprint. I wonder what if there was a trail of footprints and if so, what was the stride? Walking or running? I have wondered if a vehicle could have been parked on the WEST side of 16th in the trees...they are very close to the abduction spot. Which woods did the boys see the perp drag him to? It can't be to DR's woods as there is a fenceline there(unless he went over it) If the perp with Jacob began walking west then...could Jacob have gotten loose and ran down the driveway and the perp caught up to him and then dragged him WEST in the grass across the road to the treeline. Once in the vehicle, perp could drive up on the pavement.

If he dragged him, wouldn't there be signs on the vegetation? Broken, smashed vegetation as well as the huge signs of a car parked on vegetation?

7. Footprints...I have only seen 1 still picture of Jacob's footprint. I wonder what if there was a trail of footprints and if so, what was the stride? Walking or running? I have wondered if a vehicle could have been parked on the WEST side of 16th in the trees...they are very close to the abduction spot. Which woods did the boys see the perp drag him to? It can't be to DR's woods as there is a fenceline there(unless he went over it) If the perp with Jacob began walking west then...could Jacob have gotten loose and ran down the driveway and the perp caught up to him and then dragged him WEST in the grass across the road to the treeline. Once in the vehicle, perp could drive up on the pavement.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

The boys did NOT see him drag Jacob in any direction. They looked back after running and Jacob and the man were gone.

Yes they are, most definitely so, and Jacob sparkled with that love.

I wrote a song about those Amish girls: ' Little Girls in White' but I never play it....it's too painful. And so it is with Jacob...a beautiful soul. Why would anyone want to remove that from the world?[/QUOTE]
bbm
I suspect it is because those people are so miserable in their lives that they want to cause pain for others. There are those who are living in the moment and for their single moment of satisfaction, have little regard for what does not belong to them and the results of their actions (pedophile actions). jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn