MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any ideas how we can find the name of the guy who was arrested for Jared and let go?

The info is public, but a long time ago.

So , how can we find it?

If it is with FOI, how do you do that?

FOi is not free. i wonder how much it would cost? There is a charge perhaps for a person's time and there sure is for copying. But that fee would not be much.

Who would you ask? Stearns co? Or was her arrested in another county? The one that starts with K? I am too lazy to look up the right spelling

What's FOI?? Freedom of Information? I'm lost. ;-)

If that guy was ruled out as a suspect in Jared's (and Jacob's) case, his name would have probably been expunged by LE.

The "Jared Case" is past the Stature of limitations. The entire case file should be available under FOI. My understanding is that "ruled out" suspects have their names expunged but suspects who have not be "ruled out" (nor charged) would still be identified.

Jared had been raped and a "rape kit" should have been taken. I wonder if this was retained; as it might be relevant to the "Jacob" case even if the Jared case was closed.

I read that they had DNA in Jared's case, but it wasn't stored properly or something and it deteriorated. So they weren't able to use it a year later to rule out anyone in Jacob's case. I think it was on a link on here, but I'd have to search for it again.

Well, ELOC, you seem to be the digger right now.

Did you find anything on DR sticking his head out the window that night? He was not named in the article.

Have you found out anything about the laborer on the turkey farm that was a molester? Have you found out the name od the person arrested as that would be public info?

No, I cannot find any articles about the Paynesville man. It seems there was nothing about Jared other than that one story where Crime Stoppers issued a reward for the arrest of the man in the early sketch.

As I read the articles myself in the newspaper, and there were several, I know they exist.

I realized they were in the newspaper in my city, so I am going to look here.

But, it won't be until fall. Have to enjoy these beautiful days

I read that they had DNA in Jared's case, but it wasn't stored properly or something and it deteriorated. So they weren't able to use it a year later to rule out anyone in Jacob's case. I think it was on a link on here, but I'd have to search for it again.

That makes sense Shergal. Obviously the two cases seem like they are related and I've always wondered what the missing piece was for LE to be able to connect them/ or Jared to DR. It's a good thing for Jared that he didn't "recognize" the perp bc I believe he would have been killed if he had. Like Jacob most likely was. There was no way DR could kidnap and attack his young neighbor and not be recognized.

I wonder how the perp in these two cases has not committed any more crimes since Jacob? Or maybe we should be looking at kidnappings within a few hours of St. Joe. (there are quite a few) One way or another, there is at least one sexual predator and possibly murderer walking around free and that is what really gets me about this case. Jacob doesn't get to walk around and live his life. And Jared's was probably changed forever on that day. It's sickening and I admire Jacob's mother for her grace and self control.

Have been gone for awhile....just re-read Joy's blog with the StearnsTruth interview of Michael Bahner....tried googling these tapes as well as StearnsTruth and found nothing. Typically, they have been readily available. Last week, StearnsTruth posted that they were working on new projects and will be coming out in October. Now I can find nothing on them.....just curious if it's my computer or if everything has been pulled from the internet....

For all of you websleuths....I just answered my own question....Stearns Truth is now Truth Stearns with VOCNOW.COM arriving October 18, 2013. I suppose the 'tapes' were taken down while a new website is being constructed.

I don't know if any of you follow other cases, but the evidence LE has is unreal when things come out.

Josh Powell is astounding. Alanna Gallagher that just happened is another one where LE had so much info, even though the public thought LE did not have a clue.

I am sure the info LE has on this case is amazing. We just do not now what it is.

For all of you websleuths....I just answered my own question....Stearns Truth is now Truth Stearns with VOCNOW.COM arriving October 18, 2013. I suppose the 'tapes' were taken down while a new website is being constructed.

Possibly decided to make a website with ads to show them on so they can profit from them, since they are referred to so often.

Revisting 'Dan's Story' posted by joy the curious on Feb 23, 2013....it's interesting(albeit confusing.... somewhat.. based upon Joy's orthogonal descriptions)...Dan decides to take a break from typing and go for a jog. According to the blog, he takes off through the back fields(north thru the field OR west and then north on 16th Ave SE?) and heads toward the Del-Win Ballroom(which is near the Tom Thumb,southwest a block or so) There is a Polka Fest in progress. He runs through the Del-Win parking lot , cuts back(West I assume) to 91st Avenue and heads toward home(south). Looking at the aerial map 91st Avenue is also 16th Ave SE(I have no idea why the street has 2 designations) Basically my premise is: is he not following the basic path of the boys as they navigate north to Tom Thumb then return south?

Sorry...theDel-Win would have been South EAST, not south-west of the Tom Thumb.

Yes, DR's account of his jog basically follows the same path the boys used to get to Tom Thumb. However, Joy's blog states that he left for the jog in the "late afternoon", which would have been earlier than the boys Tom Thumb run. Still, DR did state that polka party was in full swing upon reaching the Del-Win. Does anyone know what time the polka party started and ended? This information could help form some sort of timeframe to reconcile for DR's vague recollections concerning the time of his jog.

Another thing I found somewhat interesting about Joy's referenced blog is that DR was giving saxophone lessons earlier that day. I wonder if these lessons were given to a young boy? If so, Maybe being with this boy, (alone in his own home) fueled some sort of sexual tension which he released with Jacob.

Yes. The private saxophone lessons on a Sunday morning. Very curious

just noticed some miscellaneous items...not sure if there's any connections. I checked the sunset time for October 22, 1989 and it was 17:16 (5:16 pm). In various articles, DR states he was running late afternoon and just before dusk....so this doesn't correspond time-wise with the boys trip to Tom Thumb and taking DR at his word 'clears him' regarding taking a run while the boys were enroute. However, based on his description of the run in Joy's blog I don't think that run would have taken very long. In another article, he says he spent a good deal of time running that day...so inconsistent.

DR stated he went past the Delwin Ballroom while the polka fest was in progress.....in previous posts this was discussed but I have not seen the time frame for this event. This could be a good reference to DR's statement.

Additionally, Shergal posted on 9-29-2010 post #289 regarding a posting on Topix by a man named Gary who mentioned the 2 composite suspect drawings and that he knew who they were: a father + son. I wonder which drawings he was referring to? Also, he stated that the son worked at a nightclub....just wondering if it could have been the Delwin Ballroom.

Additionally, Shergal posted on 9-29-2010 post #289 regarding a posting on Topix by a man named Gary who mentioned the 2 composite suspect drawings and that he knew who they were: a father + son. I wonder which drawings he was referring to? Also, he stated that the son worked at a nightclub....just wondering if it could have been the Delwin Ballroom.

Interesting. I'd like to know which two sketches he was referring to as well. I wonder if he ever reported this to the authorities.

I am so wondering about Smokey, the outside dog.

Everynight, I go for a walk . Every night for months. Every night the many different neighbor's dogs go crazy with barking. I am on the road. They are in their yard. I go nowhere near them, yet they bark like maniacs.

Dogs sense all kinds of things. Please tell me why Smokey, the outside dog, did not go crazy with people invading HIS territory? And not only that, there were evil, horrible things going on in his territory.

My dog can sense a deer in the woods from a great distance away. There is no way Smokey would not have been going wild over evil invaders .

just noticed some miscellaneous items...not sure if there's any connections. I checked the sunset time for October 22, 1989 and it was 17:16 (5:16 pm). In various articles, DR states he was running late afternoon and just before dusk....so this doesn't correspond time-wise with the boys trip to Tom Thumb and taking DR at his word 'clears him' regarding taking a run while the boys were enroute. However, based on his description of the run in Joy's blog I don't think that run would have taken very long. In another article, he says he spent a good deal of time running that day...so inconsistent.

DR stated he went past the Delwin Ballroom while the polka fest was in progress.....in previous posts this was discussed but I have not seen the time frame for this event. This could be a good reference to DR's statement.

Thanks, it's interesting to go back and read what we were thinking in 2010 and earlier. Here's a link to that page with post #289 on it so it's easier to find: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110770&page=12

Kind of amazing also, that old topix link is still working! http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-cloud-mn/TKMOC8OA1GE8A1V9C

While on that old WS page, I found a couple very interesting posts by Margaret Diane, who used to post here. Her posts, #'s 277, 278, and 294 are interesting to read again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123