MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
human....I have no idea-makes you wonder. Can't imagine what a 'settlement' means....unless it's an admission of some sort. I copied + pasted the article verbatim. It reads like the Guimonds and St John's are butting heads. I have read there was bloodhounds brought to the site but not allowed into the Abbey but also read that another dog tracker contested the methods used by the tracker and her bloodhounds(I posted a link to that). I've done some reading about Josh Guimond + Chris Jenkins and while the disappearance and drowning of those two young men in addition to a host of others along rivers is mysterious....I haven't found a connection to Jacob's abduction-maybe somebody else has?

One of the links I have seen is that both Jacob's and Josh's cases were linked to priests at St. John's - Jacob's to Fr. Tom Gillespie (who was the parish priest in St. Joe when Jacob was abducted.) Fr. Tom also spent much time with the Wetterling family "counseling" them. Josh's case was linked to Fr. Jerome Tupa who was Josh's dorm advisor and is currently the parish priest at St. Joe. (He replaced Gillespie.) Fr. Tupa was active in getting Josh's dad barred from St. Johns. Both of these priests are from St. Johns and Fr. Tom is on "restriction" at St. Johns, because he is an admitted pedophile. Fr. Tupa paints nude pics, but is not on restriction as far as I know.
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/father-tupas-bulletin-message/

Other possible commonalities in their cases are musical, both Jacob and Josh played the trombone. Jacob was just learning. Josh was a music student at St. Johns. DR teaches music at St. Johns. Seems to be some sort of consistent musical, religious connection that keeps popping up. Other people we have looked at, such as the polka padre, also have an interest in music and pedophilia. It can't ALL be just a coincidence.

Those are alot of connections. If they can't ALL be a coincidence then it must be conspiratorial....at least in the sense that there is this wall of silence + mystery, yet many things are known-but not enough to implicate anyone. How is it possible that there is this vipers nest of pedophiles in this one location? Was Josh Guimond in his computer searches asking too many questions? And how does Josh relate to Jacob? The disappearance of Josh shares commonality with the disappearance of so many other young men of similar characteristics + circumstances....but Jacob's disappearance stands alone- why were there not other 11 year old boys abducted and made to disappear? Was there something special about Jacob?

Those are alot of connections. If they can't ALL be a coincidence then it must be conspiratorial....at least in the sense that there is this wall of silence + mystery, yet many things are known-but not enough to implicate anyone. How is it possible that there is this vipers nest of pedophiles in this one location? Was Josh Guimond in his computer searches asking too many questions? And how does Josh relate to Jacob? The disappearance of Josh shares commonality with the disappearance of so many other young men of similar characteristics + circumstances....but Jacob's disappearance stands alone- why were there not other 11 year old boys abducted and made to disappear? Was there something special about Jacob?

as soon as you bring up anything with the word "conspiracy", the police and many other people will immediately stop listening and shut down. If it is indeed something linking the Abbey to all these monsters and disappearances, we need actual proof.

tomorrow is Josh's disappearance anniversary. I am going to email the president of SJU and maybe Sanner with some of this info. If they ignore it, shame on them.

Shergal, does Fr Tom Gillespie have a brother who is the president of St John's in Pennsylvania?? This guy is C Kevin Gillespie
http://www.sju.edu/about-sju/presidents-office

He sure looks exactly like him! I'll see what I can find.

Fr. Tom is pictured here:
http://app.bishop-accountability.or...1=View&op=doSearch&section=a-z&sortBy=&state=

Please note all these priests on the above website have been publicly accused of abusing children. There are 37 of them. And this is JUST in MN. (You can also search by other states.) Behind each name are links that link to the newspaper articles about each priest's offenses.

as soon as you bring up anything with the word "conspiracy", the police and many other people will immediately stop listening and shut down. If it is indeed something linking the Abbey to all these monsters and disappearances, we need actual proof.

Yes, I agree and understand the nature of that word and that it conjures up a certain 'craziness and unbelievability'.....however applicable it may be. Sorry, shouldn't have brought it to that point.

cgorg, I don't doubt the conspiracy theory. I just have experienced shutdown from many people in the past when I bring it up. I just wanted you to be aware of others' possible reactions, especially police.

cgorg, I don't doubt the conspiracy theory. I just have experienced shutdown from many people in the past when I bring it up. I just wanted you to be aware of others' possible reactions, especially police.

thanks jbrown....I know exactly what you're talking about. It's been that way for years....and I think will always be. The important point is that proof is required.

He sure looks exactly like him! I'll see what I can find.

Fr. Tom is pictured here:
http://app.bishop-accountability.or...1=View&op=doSearch&section=a-z&sortBy=&state=

Please note all these priests on the above website have been publicly accused of abusing children. There are 37 of them. And this is JUST in MN. (You can also search by other states.) Behind each name are links that link to the newspaper articles about each priest's offenses.

I am sorry but this is appalling. 37? from St Cloud? Abusing children? Priests abusing children....isn't that an oxymoron? It's beyond words.

I am sorry but this is appalling. 37? from St Cloud? Abusing children? Priests abusing children....isn't that an oxymoron? It's beyond words.

I know, makes me want to throw up.
I would like to know EXACTLY what it means when they put them on "restriction"? What all does that entail?

Not exactly from St. Cloud, but from our diocese which includes St. Johns. When priests are "on restriction" they supposedly cannot perform any priestly duties such as mass, confession, etc. They are supposed to be restricted to the campus, (but told to stay away from the young boys at the prep school) and they are supposedly not allowed to be online.

Most of this is not followed, however. We have seen Fr. Brennan Maiers who is one of the priests on restriction at the big shopping mall here in town, wandering around, visiting with young people, shopping, etc. And he has a facebook page. Which according to St. Johns is not allowed. It's been reported to fb and St. Johns, but is still up. And there are photos of him online sitting outside the main church on a bench pretending to read (he's holding the book upside down) while he's checking out students coming and going. I imagine the other priests on so called "restriction" have just as much freedom as he does.

Not exactly from St. Cloud, but from our diocese which includes St. Johns. When priests are "on restriction" they supposedly cannot perform any priestly duties such as mass, confession, etc. They are supposed to be restricted to the campus, (but told to stay away from the young boys at the prep school) and they are supposedly not allowed to be online.

Most of this is not followed, however. We have seen Fr. Brennan Maiers who is one of the priests on restriction at the big shopping mall here in town, wandering around, visiting with young people, shopping, etc. And he has a facebook page. Which according to St. Johns is not allowed. It's been reported to fb and St. Johns, but is still up. And there are photos of him online sitting outside the main church on a bench pretending to read (he's holding the book upside down) while he's checking out students coming and going. I imagine the other priests on so called "restriction" have just as much freedom as he does.

Thanks for the info. I will have to look up his picture, so if I ever run into him in town, I can give him a piece of my mind! Aghhh

In the process of reading this
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/betrayal/ "Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children" online at this link. Quite interesting an informative.

I wander where this guy was in 1989? Brainerd is only 1 hr from st. cloud.

Case, 1987: Father Robert William Klein of Brainerd, Minnesota, was found guilty on December 18, 1987 of third-degree sexual conduct involving children. Klein possessed a collection of 650 photos of boys modeling underwear or wrestling, and was described as "on the spectrum of what it means to be a pedophile." The priest/child molester used treats such as cookies, trips to Dairy Queen, and a treehouse in his backyard to lure youngsters. County Attorney Stephen Rathke said Klein might be a good, generous man, but "unfortunately, he's also a child molester." (Source: Brainerd Daily Dispatch, 12/18/87)

In the process of reading this
http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/betrayal/ "Betrayal of Trust: Clergy Abuse of Children" online at this link. Quite interesting an informative.

I wander where this guy was in 1989? Brainerd is only 1 hr from st. cloud.

Case, 1987: Father Robert William Klein of Brainerd, Minnesota, was found guilty on December 18, 1987 of third-degree sexual conduct involving children. Klein possessed a collection of 650 photos of boys modeling underwear or wrestling, and was described as "on the spectrum of what it means to be a pedophile." The priest/child molester used treats such as cookies, trips to Dairy Queen, and a treehouse in his backyard to lure youngsters. County Attorney Stephen Rathke said Klein might be a good, generous man, but "unfortunately, he's also a child molester." (Source: Brainerd Daily Dispatch, 12/18/87)

If you go to all the priests in MN (not just St. Cloud diocese) that have molested children, Fr. Klein is listed there. There are 92 molester priests/monks in MN.
http://bishop-accountability.org/member/psearch.jsp

(Other states aren't much better.)

Looking through those links of priests accused of molesting kids it appears most if not all of them never stop despite being on 'restrictions' or on a 'safety plan'....nice little euphemisms. Given their numbers and general defense by SJ, it seems difficult at best to narrow down any supsects related to Jacob's abduction. However, having said that, all of them accused of wrongdoing were eventually found out by people coming forward in time. Jacob's case seems different in this sense. It appears that a priest could be a logical candidate but until some fact, confession, or other bit of useful information is obtained, there really isn't any provable connection. You never know though, by sifting through all of them, maybe there is something to be had.

This exchange is an excerpt from Sex Offender Issues, an Interview with Patty Wetterling-June 27, 2008-From the book "Sex Offender Laws: Failed Policies, New Directions" The interview is conducted by Richard Wright.
Wright: As you know, the media has a major impact on all of these stories. There are times when the media can report on sexual offending in a very thoughtful way, in a very deliberate way, and there are times when they can be very sensational. Can you think of examples from your experience where the media dealt very well with Jacob's disappearance or in some cases where they dealt very poorly with it?

Wetterling: We had one TV station which did a series. It was a 5-night series on the problem, the victims, the perpetrators, the hopes. Actually it might have had one part on solutions or treatments and the hope. They really took time to show the depth of it. It was really, really well done and very thoughtful. We did a lot of shows on the national level, too, that were hour-long programs, that I thought delved into the reality that we as families are facing and the challenges. My basic statement for years has been somebody knows who took Jacob, somebody did this and you know, somebody knows. They may have a piece of information that we still need. We have got to find the man who took Jacob. There is somebody out there who steals kids. He's got my son. Did he do it again? I don't know.

I'm not soft on these guys, but I just know that they're not all the same. They're not all the same and we can't treat them as such. There was one time when a man was arrested in St. Paul. My mother called, we were all up at the lake, and she said, "There's a break in your case." I said, "I don't think so. I've talked to the sheriff's department. They know where we are and they haven't called." She said, "Well they've been promoting it all day on TV. There's a break in your case. Watch the news tonight." So we did.

This man was arrested in St. Paul and they said that he had knowledge of Jacob's kidnapping. The media said that when the police did a search they found *advertiser censored*. They found a digital camera. They found movies. They found clothing. They found a container which appeared to be a container with testicles. They said that the suspect had been involved in a search for Jacob done at Fort Snelling. I'm sitting there with kids and I'm like, "What the hell?" I was livid. I was livid, because, first of all, that our sheriffs didn't know about it. The sheriff didn't call because he didn't know about this media report.

The St. Paul police officer didn't seal the search warrants. The reporter didn't verify their facts. The testicles were dog testicles. I was really worried about my other son. He wasn't with us; he was staying with a friend. I was so scared Trevor was going to watch and see that report, and what would Trevor think? I didn't sleep for days.

It was absolutely glamorizing the horrible act that could have happened. We went through 6 months of anxiety because the man who had been arrested had a boy's jock strap. We went through 6 months of waiting for DNA. Today they act like you get DNA back in 10 minutes or in an hour. We waited 6 months, and that's still not uncommon

I'm wondering if the Fort Snelling comment is in reference to Weiss but also curious that the sheriff's dept was unaware of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada