MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She probably did have to take them all down. I sense the sheriff dept , but I have emailed her to see if she will say what is going on. In my opinion, Stearns County does not want this case solved. Nor the Guimond case.

It looks like the entire blog is down...so hopefully it wasn't removal of her Jacob posts. That was a goldmine of information.

It looks like the entire blog is down...so hopefully it wasn't removal of her Jacob posts. That was a goldmine of information.

It must have just happened because I was reading it this mid-morning. Wow.

Maybe it got too large for her server and she is moving it?

Yes, JBrown, it always amazes that no matter what search I start out with in this case, it always seems to circle back to St. John's abbey sooner or later. And their protected pedophiles.

Maybe it got too large for her server and she is moving it?

Yes, JBrown, it always amazes that no matter what search I start out with in this case, it always seems to circle back to St. John's abbey sooner or later. And their protected pedophiles.

It could be an innocent explanation...so a bit of time will tell...have to wait + see.

There was another poster on WS quite awhile ago posting about St. John's abbey and the belief system. Paraphrasing here.....poster stated that the belief system does not appear to be Christian but not sure what that may cloak. I remember the name so will go back and look.

human, none of the Paynesville Press newspaper articles I mentioned in my post had named a suspect. Do you think DAH is connected to all of it?

No,.

Aren't the amount of pervs in that small area astounding?

We have differing opinions on this I guess. (anything is possible).

I am not sure what your point was saying his "parents are involved in all kinds of church activities." ???

People involved in church activities in Minnesota are still considered to be upstanding people, especially if they are elderly

On Joy's latest blog there is some very interesting comments, speculations, + theories by 'DUKE' with a final appreciative comment by JARED. Both worth reading.

Duke sounds like some kind of character acting like Guy Noir on the Garrison Keillor show on MPR

Human, you mean they volunteer for church functions, funerals, money raising, etc. Correct? Everything I used to do for the Catholic Church.

It could be Seitz.

But he lived at least 7 or so hours away by car.

Seems hunting for kids would be better in Milwaukee, for instance, or Chicago.

Lots of children around without adults. Some may not be missed for hours.

Human, you mean they volunteer for church functions, funerals, money raising, etc. Correct? Everything I used to do for the Catholic Church.

Yes. I think people still respect that.

But, how good of friends were they with special priests who may have enjoyed coming to the home where many boys lived. The Rassier children. How many boys? Several, for sure.

human, Seitz was creepy all right. He painted nude children being sexually tortured by adults, he had locks of hair and small shoes. And WI police couldn't connect him to any crime?? Right. Something in the back of my head believes that Seitz had some sort of connection to St John's Abbey. Why would he have Jacob's poster laminated on his wall? I can't prove anything though.

I don't know what happened, but Joy's blog is back, including the entries about Jacob.

Duke sounds like some kind of character acting like Guy Noir on the Garrison Keillor show on MPR

yes, I was waiting for someone to comment on that. He talks like Jacob and his abductor are walking around downtown MPLS. The interesting thing is Jared responded positively to his comments....so I don't know what to think.

Yes. I think people still respect that.

But, how good of friends were they with special priests who may have enjoyed coming to the home where many boys lived. The Rassier children. How many boys? Several, for sure.

I think alot of people can hide behind religion.

It could be Seitz.

But he lived at least 7 or so hours away by car.

Seems hunting for kids would be better in Milwaukee, for instance, or Chicago.

Lots of children around without adults. Some may not be missed for hours.

I'm not sure about Seitz....very strange for sure. Wouldn't be surprised though. However, there could be a benefit to not being from the area...makes a good getaway and also an unfamiliar face.

here's the thread regarding St John's....

Thread #4, sleuthgates postings #14,thru#17, and shergal's response #18. sleuthgates appears to be from out of country but very probing nonetheless. shergal's response puts it in context.

I can't get to that thread.

But, why would Jacob have anything to do with the Abbey? He was involved in sports and family activities. His family participated in their own religion.

Aaron would know if Jacob had any interaction at the Abbey.

Here's the 2 posts, human:

Originally Posted by Sleuthgates
In regard to St Johns Abbey it appears from their publications that I have perused, that they are not Christians in belief. It is anyone's guess what this may cloak.

(Coincidentally in a completely separate case a sexually abusive priest was said to have "bizarre theology".)

It's plausible they might be regarded by some elements as an informative pool regarding strategic intelligence, and/or means of gaining tactical intelligence, and/or miscellaneous resources, for example.

(That goes for another case in connection with which they are mentioned, too.)

Interestingly they sent priests to man not only St Josephs but also several parishes in the St Paul-Minneapolis conurbation. It could be anyone's guess by whom they may have been contacted in more than one location.

I would be interesting to know whether St Cloud diocese and St Paul-Minneapolis archdiocese would also be considered to bear vicarious liability for employing the monks from the Abbey in their parishes.

Some (but only 11) monk records were reviewed in connection with the Wetterling abduction in '02 reportedly.

It shocks me how your politicians apparently think it suitable to not prosecute on sexual offences, and if they had done, some of those men would have been out of circulation and less liable to pass on bits of information however peripheral in a crime like this one.
_______
my response back then:
It's not really up to our sheriff or politicians to prosecute anyone at St. John's. They have their own little "town" as it were, and are under diocesan (sp?) or papal rule more than under local law enforcement. This is true of any priests in the US, if they do wrong, they are removed or punished by their bishop - who is directly over them. Sometimes, it goes all the way to the pope, as it did when there were several cases of abuse brought to light by priests (and monks) across the country a few years back.

(It's not only the US, of course, I'm sure the UK and other countries have their share of wayward ministers, people who get into the profession with the wrong intent - or go bad once they are in there.) Because there were 3 assaults/kidnappings in this area, St. John's has really been put under a spotlight by some of us. Some of these priests and monks admitted their wrongs also and were never really "punished" as a civilian would be. I think if they had been more open when Josh and Jacob went missing and allowed searches, they wouldn't be in this position now.

It does make it easier for a large community of priests like St. John's to "hide" these priests though, and protect them from actual prison, by saying they are on restrictions at the abbey. It's my opinion that these cover ups have been aided by grads from St. John's, many of whom have become influential lawyers, politicians, newspaper editors (or journalists and TV), and prominent business men. Money talks. You can bet if it was just a tiny poor cloister of monks in a small group there would have been much more media attention thrown on them.

I do want to stress that just because they have some bad priests there, like any group in society that has bad apples, there are also good points about St. Johns. St. John's is a wonderful college offering opportunities to students from across the globe, and has had many fine graduates. I'd hate to denounce the whole college because of these abusive priests that were never handled properly.

I can't get to that thread.

But, why would Jacob have anything to do with the Abbey? He was involved in sports and family activities. His family participated in their own religion.

Aaron would know if Jacob had any interaction at the Abbey.

I don't think Jacob had anything to do with the Abbey-as you said, the Wetterlings practiced their own faith..B'hai? Something like that.

I think shergal was pointing out that whenever one digs deeper into alot of these perv's connections that the Abbey connection seems to pop up and I think sleuthgates was researching + commenting on that. Most of these possible perps seem to have some sort of connection there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring