MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The path of the tornado generally extended north and south along Highway 23 for many years (even further than shown here), its epicenter being near the intersection of Highways 23 and 55. The storm deviated from the highways, however, and grew in its intensity. Red lines depict night routes. Confirmed touchdowns are denoted by yellow pins.

Prov. 11:14

Attachments

• Tornado.jpg
    Tornado.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 170
The path of the tornado generally extended north and south along Highway 23 for many years (even further than shown here), its epicenter being near the intersection of Highways 23 and 55. The storm deviated from the highways, however, and grew in its intensity. Red lines depict night routes. Confirmed touchdowns are denoted by yellow pins.

I like this map, it is Somewhat Telling ;-)

OK Team, what do the night routes depict? Schwann's ice cream route? UPS? Milk (picking up, not dropping off)? Or, maybe I'm missing the point entirely?

I like this map, it is Somewhat Telling ;-)

OK Team, what do the night routes depict? Schwann's ice cream route? UPS? Milk (picking up, not dropping off)? Or, maybe I'm missing the point entirely?

Smiley face killers map?? Or just a map of all abductions of young boys (or attempts)? I'm not clear on what the red lines are. Maybe red lines are attempts and yellow dots are confirmed abductions? I don't think there were that many attempts though.

I also don't get why Mossad has to try and make this like some sort of game where he seems to think he knows all the answers and he wants us to guess. Jacob being taken was not a game.

I hope the Wetterlings are having a peaceful Christmas.

Oh wait, I get it! The red locations are small town bars where the Deutschmeisters played with their band. DR was often a substitute in this band. So this map is probably to show his easy access to all the major abduction sites.

Oh wait, I get it! The red locations are small town bars where the Deutschmeisters played with their band. DR was often a substitute in this band. So this map is probably to show his easy access to all the major abduction sites.

One thing that does stand out on this map, is that the route from Cold Spring to St. Joseph is the only lengthy distance of road that does not include off-shoots. This may be of interest as it appears it was a deliberate drive, presumably to leave home and return home.

Also - remember that Jared's abductor dropped him off just outside of the city, after telling Jared he was late for a meeting at the Red Carpet. That was most likely a diversion of course. When the perp dropped Jared off, they would have been headed in the general direction of St. Cloud and the Red Carpet. But, with Hwy 2 nearby, the perp could have turned left toward St. Joseph. Just sayin'…..

OK, so I think we're all in agreement that Jacob lived on a very isolated road, one that the abductor most likely did not just "happen" upon. I think it is generally agreed upon that this would be a highly unlikely location for a perp to just stumble upon a crime of opportunity.

That being said, there have been two basic, logical scenarios discussed on this thread:
1. That DR saw the boys on their bikes on the way to the store and knew they had to come back
2. That a perp was "hunting" for a victim, and was parked near the Tom Thumb, and saw the boys coming down the street, knowing they had to return that way, and he just drove down and turned into the first driveway, knowing the boys had to bike back at least that far.

OK, makes good sense, right?

HOWEVER - I just found something that could explain why a perp could be "hunting" for a victim in the very area of Jacob's home. It turns out there was a Boy Scout overnight camping trip out there the very night before Jacob's abduction! These boys were Jacob's classmates - the same age. The perp may have known these boys were there on Saturday night, and perhaps he was out there "scouting" (no pun intended) for a victim and came back Sunday night hoping the Boy Scouts would still be camping, knowing there was no school that Monday.

Thoughts?

OK, so I think we're all in agreement that Jacob lived on a very isolated road, one that the abductor most likely did not just "happen" upon. I think it is generally agreed upon that this would be a highly unlikely location for a perp to just stumble upon a crime of opportunity.

That being said, there have been two basic, logical scenarios discussed on this thread:
1. That DR saw the boys on their bikes on the way to the store and knew they had to come back
2. That a perp was "hunting" for a victim, and was parked near the Tom Thumb, and saw the boys coming down the street, knowing they had to return that way, and he just drove down and turned into the first driveway, knowing the boys had to bike back at least that far.

HOWEVER - I just found something that could explain why a perp could be "hunting" for a victim in the very area of Jacob's home. It turns out there was a Boy Scout overnight camping trip out there the very night before Jacob's abduction! These boys were Jacob's classmates - the same age. The perp may have known these boys were there on Saturday night, and perhaps he was out there "scouting" (no pun intended) for a victim and came back Sunday night hoping the Boy Scouts would still be camping, knowing there was no school that Monday.

Thoughts?

They were camping right in Jacob's neighborhood? That seems odd. Is there a media reference for that, or did someone tell you this? I know we've discussed before that Feeney was returning some boy to Jacob's neighborhood that had been out camping or at a lake place with him and some other boys - I'm not sure if that was boy scouts or just a youth camping place or what.

PS (from the who's who on here) was a guy who molested some scouts, IIRC. So this little area of countryside in St. Joe was swarming with both scouts and pervs?

Ok, I found a media link stating there was a scouting expedition there the night before.

http://www.postbulletin.com/jacob-s...fb7-3ebb-583d-bf02-053362217253.html?mode=jqm

This links states Feeney was seen by two witnesses 20 minutes AFTER Jacob's abduction.
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21348273/investigators-feeney-and-wetterling

Yes, this is the story. It appeared in the October 22, 1989 St. Cloud Times. Jacob's teacher Jean Wittrock was interviewed, along with several of Jacob's classmates. Jerry Wetterling called Wittrock in the middle of the night because LE wanted to go through Jacob's things at school.

Regarding Ferraro, the article states that he thought maybe Jacob was just lost in the woods out there because it's so thick. He had just returned from an outing in that area with the Boy Scouts. He was quoted as saying "I was out camping there the night before. Chances are that that guy was out there."

I wonder if Feeney was with this group of Boy Scouts? I had always assumed that Feeney was in the area because he was bringing a kid back from camp.

It just so happens that I will be driving along much of this route on Thursday and Friday this week, Hwy's 23 & 55. Locals - if there is something you think I should check out, let me know.

I wish the poster would be more forthcoming, but for whatever reason insists on being "mysterious". The "night route" must be significant somehow. I was thinking newspaper delivery as a possibility - the St. Cloud Times did not become morning newspaper until 1999. The Paynesville Press is and was a weekly publication, I believe, so that would not be it.

Yes, this is the story. It appeared in the October 22, 1989 St. Cloud Times. Jacob's teacher Jean Wittrock was interviewed, along with several of Jacob's classmates. Jerry Wetterling called Wittrock in the middle of the night because LE wanted to go through Jacob's things at school.

Regarding Ferraro, the article states that he thought maybe Jacob was just lost in the woods out there because it's so thick. He had just returned from an outing in that area with the Boy Scouts. He was quoted as saying "I was out camping there the night before. Chances are that that guy was out there."

I wonder if Feeney was with this group of Boy Scouts? I had always assumed that Feeney was in the area because he was bringing a kid back from camp.

I'd like to know who the scout leader was that was with this group of boys camping near Wetterlings. It's certainly possible that the perp was hanging around sat. night also, because he knew all these scouts were out in the woods. Somehow, I can see the B brothers hanging out there also, they seem like the type that would enjoy scaring a group of kids out camping.

I think it's been stated somewhere that Feeney was bringing this other neighbor boy of Jacob's back from a camp out at a lake place, but the article I linked above just says they were returning from camping.

It would be interesting to find out if these scouts were camping near the old party spot, or in the woods behind Wetterlings, or where exactly. So now we have an isolated country road that had scouts camping the night before, several people out walking or running in that area (according to Ben and Dan), a huge polka festival going on a few blocks away with strangers coming and going in cars...

I did a google search for "Matti Feeney" as this nickname for Matthew Feeney was listed on Behind the Pine Curtain. I found a quote from him when he was a 5th year student at SJU from 11/3/88 edition of "The Record", the SJU student newspaper. So he was an education student? I wonder which school he did his student teaching?

Also, Behind the Pine Curtain said he abused most of his young male victims (ages 12-16)in the 1990s. Who knows, he could have found a friend with one of the monks who shared his same interests in 1989. My opinion only.

The last article was Feeney saying Fr Gillespie wanted to run him out of town because he was his "competition" for the children.

"It's tight, the new core requirements will make it difficult for elementary education majors to graduate in four years." Matti Feeney, English and secondary education major, lamented that, "I planned on four years when I got here...everyone does. Eventually, it sunk in that I'd be here 4 1/2 to five years, counting student teaching. I don't know when I 'm going to graduate. Whenever I get to graduate is when I graduate."

http://cdm.csbsju.edu/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/CSBArchNews/id/37050/rv/compoundobject/cpd/37070

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/investigators-in-feeneys-words/

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/former-st-joseph-youth-minister-arrested/

Mossad,

Tornado Alley is an extremely interesting map. Do you have a way of authenticating the information presented?

I did a google search for "Matti Feeney" as this nickname for Matthew Feeney was listed on Behind the Pine Curtain. I found a quote from him when he was a 5th year student at SJU from 11/3/88 edition of "The Record", the SJU student newspaper. So he was an education student? I wonder which school he did his student teaching?

Also, Behind the Pine Curtain said he abused most of his young male victims (ages 12-16)in the 1990s. Who knows, he could have found a friend with one of the monks who shared his same interests in 1989. My opinion only.

The last article was Feeney saying Fr Gillespie wanted to run him out of town because he was his "competition" for the children.

"It's tight, the new core requirements will make it difficult for elementary education majors to graduate in four years." Matti Feeney, English and secondary education major, lamented that, "I planned on four years when I got here...everyone does. Eventually, it sunk in that I'd be here 4 1/2 to five years, counting student teaching. I don't know when I 'm going to graduate. Whenever I get to graduate is when I graduate."

http://cdm.csbsju.edu/cdm/fullbrowser/collection/CSBArchNews/id/37050/rv/compoundobject/cpd/37070

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/investigators-in-feeneys-words/

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/former-st-joseph-youth-minister-arrested/

Scary that he was an elementary ed. teacher. These guys always seem to work their way into professions around kids. Teacher, youth group counselor, coach, scout leader, private tutoring, etc.

Thoughts?

Just one correction. It is not the first driveway. There were several houses on that road. Then nothing until the DR farm.

Scary that he was an elementary ed. teacher. These guys always seem to work their way into professions around kids. Teacher, youth group counselor, coach, scout leader, private tutoring, etc.

Fish where the fish are.

Where was this camping spot?

Maybe DR was watching it the night before?

The black clothes. Who doesn't have black clothes? So easy. Black pants, black jacket. Nothing special there.

And even if there was no school the next day, most people have jobs they need to go to on a Monday, even the teachers

shergal, Feeney was English and secondary education major- meaning English for high school level kids. He should have done his student teaching in a high school. He could have gotten a middle school endorsement. I have an elementary ed degree, which means I was licensed to teach grades 1-6. I had to get special endorsements to teach kindergarten and middle school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810