MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh swell. Gillespie was a teacher and missionary in Puerto Rico. (Please tell me that he wasn't "saving" children at an orphanage.)

Puerto Rico is a destination for sex tourism and a transit point for women and children from other Caribbean islands and from the interior of the Island for the purpose of sexual exploitation. Besides transnational trafficking, domestic trafficking of Puerto Rican children seems to be a common occurrence in the country.
http://www.rickymartinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/RMF_English_final.pdf
From The Protection Project at The Johns Hopkins University School of International Studies

Does Dan enter Puerto Rican marathons? Possibly.
http://komenpr.allsportcentral.com/...511&PGConfigID=25&CatID=186&PhotoID=4&BIB=111

Edit: Gillespie was in Puerto Rico at a school for indigent boys. :furious: (another Jerry Sandusky)
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/a-partial-history-st-johns-in-humacao-pr/
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/pr-man-claims-he-was-abused-by-priest-2/

Can the info about the perp asking about age be found on an Internet site? tia

Different topic: It would seem logical that the monastery abbot would want to prevent his perv brethren from getting on the Internet which is filled with all types of perverse sex. It's outrageous that Gillespie was made a director of computer graphics and etc.. for the monastery. :smh:

If he was adept at computers...maybe he could access it while leaving no trace. The Fox IN CHARGE of the Henhouse.

I was able to find out a little more on the attempted abduction of boy "J" is the summer of 1989. The attempt was made in the township of St. Joseph, not necessarily in the town itself. Regardless, how is it that the police were not in better position to secure the crime scene immediately following Jacob's abduction??

And this is interesting...the perp in J's case asked the boy's age. Sound familiar?

I'm confused by your post. Your first 2 sentences explain where the attempted abduction of boy "J" occurred. I thought this boy did not have a name beginning in "J"(or is this ANOTHER attempt)? Your third sentence then jumps to securing the crime scene following Jacob's abduction and then finally, a sentence indicating the abductor in the failed attempt asked the boy's age. Not being persnickity ELOCsoul, appreciate the info, just trying to connect the different thoughts from each sentence.

Joy, if you have befriended Gillespie (both of you have an interest in Jacob, he has a pilot's license, and you have unusual aerial photos of Dan's farm), realize that aging Gillespie remains a danger to all kids and especially yours if he was introduced to them. Please tell your kids to never talk to him.

I'm confused by your post. Your first 2 sentences explain where the attempted abduction of boy "J" occurred. I thought this boy did not have a name beginning in "J"(or is this ANOTHER attempt)? Your third sentence then jumps to securing the crime scene following Jacob's abduction and then finally, a sentence indicating the abductor in the failed attempt asked the boy's age. Not being persnickity ELOCsoul, appreciate the info, just trying to connect the different thoughts from each sentence.

Not ELO, but... There were 2 attempted abductions before Jacob. (Within days before.) One boy had a name that started with "J." One didn't. They both got away. The 3rd attempt was evidently Jacob, and this time the abductor used a gun (or the threat of a gun) to make sure the boy wouldn't get away. Names of the 2 boys who had attempts made can't really be posted here, because they were victims.

Not ELO, but... There were 2 attempted abductions before Jacob. (Within days before.) One boy had a name that started with "J." One didn't. They both got away. The 3rd attempt was evidently Jacob, and this time the abductor used a gun (or the threat of a gun) to make sure the boy wouldn't get away. Names of the 2 boys who had attempts made can't really be posted here, because they were victims.

Where was the second attempt (boy escaped attempted abduction by removing his coat) reported, e.g., local newspaper or ?

Prov. 11:14

I apologize, posting from my phone so shortening things up.

There were a total of three kidnap attempts in the St Joseph area in 1989: "J", whose kidnapping attempt is documented in a previous post with newspaper scans; the second was the boy who ran into Kay's kitchen after breaking free from his jacket; the third was Jacob.

My point is, after previous abduction attempts, why were law enforcement not better prepared to handle Jacob's kidnapping when that occurred? Stearns County didn't even notify the city of St Joseph police after J's attempt. That is especially frustrating in light of Jared's kidnapping in January.

In the case of "J" the abductor asked his age, much like in Jacob's case. I do not have newspaper articles for the boy that ran into Kay's Kitchen... That case has been previously mentioned on Websleuths, and I have found information from other sources about this.

Can the info about the perp asking about age be found on an Internet site? tia
Not that I know if, but I have an article. It will be a couple of days before I can scan and post it.

I think Jacob and Josh are two separate cases though. Done by two different people. BUT I do think the perpetrators knew each other or were in the same group. Josh was doing a research paper on the priest sexual abuse scandal and how he thought the offending monks should not live on campus. See findjoshua.com and behindthepinecurtain.com.
Gillespie and company might have taken Josh for a plane ride over Lake Superior.

It would be fascinating to know what LE found in the burn pit at Dan's house. They must have found something related to animals as Dan quickly announced that he burned animals and they were in his burn pit. (Who burns animals? That's pathologic in itself. ) Did LE recover finely burned ashes consistent with remains from a crematorium? Did LE find heat resistant particles of silver amalgam/mercury (dental fillings) in Dan's burn pit?

I can't believe there were so many other abduction attempts in 1989! I know we saw the one sketch, the younger guy with the van. I wonder if there was ever a sketch done for the other ones

Oh swell. Gillespie was a teacher and missionary in Puerto Rico. (Please tell me that he wasn't "saving" children at an orphanage.)

Puerto Rico is a destination for sex tourism and a transit point for women and children from other Caribbean islands and from the interior of the Island for the purpose of sexual exploitation. Besides transnational trafficking, domestic trafficking of Puerto Rican children seems to be a common occurrence in the country.
http://www.rickymartinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/RMF_English_final.pdf
From The Protection Project at The Johns Hopkins University School of International Studies

Does Dan enter Puerto Rican marathons? Possibly.
http://komenpr.allsportcentral.com/...511&PGConfigID=25&CatID=186&PhotoID=4&BIB=111

Edit: Gillespie was in Puerto Rico at a school for indigent boys. :furious: (another Jerry Sandusky)
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/a-partial-history-st-johns-in-humacao-pr/
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/pr-man-claims-he-was-abused-by-priest-2/

I have been to Puerto Rico. I am very familiar with the marathons there. It is wonderful for Americans. American money. You can use your own car insurance when you rent a car.

I imagine there are so many easy things for Americans there

I can't believe there were so many other abduction attempts in 1989! I know we saw the one sketch, the younger guy with the van. I wonder if there was ever a sketch done for the other ones

yeh, it just amazes me! Wouldn't these abduction attempts alarm the public? It doesn't seem so. And LE departments not communicating this info amongst themselves....lots of complacency. Maybe typical for the times until Jacob was kidnapped...sort of like the Titanic hitting the iceberg. A cold dose of reality. And while I'm at it....Feeney...he placed himself in the neighborhood sometime near the abduction...I know he has an alibi and LE ruled him out due to 2 witnesses but still...a pedophile dropping off a kid across from the Wetterling's house sometime near the abduction. I think Feeney was the 'medical cop' but not necessarily the abductor- but the fact that at least 2 pedophiles are crossing the same path within an hours time? There's ALOT of players in this scene. Does Feeney have a connection to DR and/or Gillespie? The plethora of perps in this town is astounding.

It would be interesting to take a map of the regional area, overlay it with all the known child abductions with dates, and then overlay that with the locations of known/convicted pedophiles.

Looking for clusters of missing kids around particular pedophiles and look for the clusters to follow those individuals as they move about.

Something keeps nagging at the back of my mind that with this many known monsters in the area and their ability to find each other, they may have had a network of sorts.

yeh, it just amazes me! Wouldn't these abduction attempts alarm the public? It doesn't seem so.

News reporting has changed dramatically between 1989 and now with regard to missing children. Many folks not living nearby may not have even known.

And LE departments not communicating this info amongst themselves....lots of complacency.

They still don't...even after 911. Larger cities, yes. Small towns? Not so much.

Maybe typical for the times until Jacob was kidnapped...sort of like the Titanic hitting the iceberg. A cold dose of reality.

Major change is driven by disasters, sometimes its the only way change is driven.

And while I'm at it....Feeney...he placed himself in the neighborhood sometime near the abduction...I know he has an alibi and LE ruled him out due to 2 witnesses but still...a pedophile dropping off a kid across from the Wetterling's house sometime near the abduction. I think Feeney was the 'medical cop' but not necessarily the abductor- but the fact that at least 2 pedophiles are crossing the same path within an hours time? There's ALOT of players in this scene. Does Feeney have a connection to DR and/or Gillespie? The plethora of perps in this town is astounding.

Perps are attracted to each other. Subconscious..

People who grow up in dysfunctional homes are often attracted to the very type of person they despise. Subconscious

It would be interesting to take a map of the regional area, overlay it with all the known child abductions with dates, and then overlay that with the locations of known/convicted pedophiles.

Looking for clusters of missing kids around particular pedophiles and look for the clusters to follow those individuals as they move about.

Something keeps nagging at the back of my mind that with this many known monsters in the area and their ability to find each other, they may have had a network of sorts.

Excellent idea. 1989 addresses/locations would be required. The resulting graphic IMO would be illuminating. I also wonder where the location was of that 'halfway house' full of recently released SO's in 1989.

Seems like a lot of perps per square mile...don't know how it compares with other cities but where I live(pop 50,000) it's not even close.

Yes, there are so many perps in that area. I think in bigger areas there is more choice and more opportunity for secrecy. Think of all of the priest and scout stuff that is coming out only now!

I wonder if the Rassier farmstead has/had a septic tank? Could be a nice place to hold a body.

I wonder if the Rassier farmstead has/had a septic tank? Could be a nice place to hold a body.

Hmmm...never thought of that. Last summer I watched the septic guy pump our tank at 'the lake'...he simply places a large hose down into the tank and pumps it out-like a vacuum cleaner....obviously the aroma is not so good...but nobody really takes a flashlight + looks into the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaliaDelilah