MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when the ability is taken away?

He no longer had easy access once he was busted.

That's a good point. All child abductions are evil IMO but Jacob's seems particularly cold, brutal, and maybe vindictive? If PP who played the organ was busted, then maybe he wouldn't be so suave + smooth when the next opportunity arose, and maybe made sure he wouldn't be caught.

I have no,idea if this is correct, but it is possible that Jacob just started playing the trombone. If so, he would have hardly played at all. Just some lessons.

That's what I'm finding as well. Nothing that goes beyond describing him as "playing trombone" or "a budding trombonist." I'm paraphrasing there, but it sure seems like he just started taking lessons, probably that fall in school. I think most kids start band in 5-6 grade.

Re: shergal, others discussing DR and Polka Padre being friends--
This seems extremely likely. It even seems like there might be proof of this somewhere--a photo? A newspaper article? They lived in such close proximity, and musicians tend to know other area musicians, especially in smaller towns. Polka Padre could have "played a gig," if you will, on the night of the abduction, right in St. Joseph. Or, could he have planned to go to the Polka Fest and maybe dropped in on DR instead?

But, if Padre was at the Polka Fest, you'd think LE would know that and would have checked him out.

About the time that the boys were passing DR's is when i would guess someone would be leaving on a Sunday night if he was visiting.

I wonder how often DR's parents left the home for any length of time?

There's tons of stuff online about Polka that mentions both Polka Padre and the Deutschmeisters. There's no way they didn't know each other. I know both appearing on a CD compilation of "Polka Hits" does not mean they knew each other, but they are clearly part of the same community and live near each other.

There's a song on one of Padre's recordings called "Happy Jogger"

http://www.worldcat.org/title/father-robert-kapoun-the-polka-padre/oclc/035780346

There's tons of stuff online about Polka that mentions both Polka Padre and the Deutschmeisters. There's no way they didn't know each other. I know both appearing on a CD compilation of "Polka Hits" does not mean they knew each other, but they are clearly part of the same community and live near each other.

There's a song on one of Padre's recordings called "Happy Jogger"

http://www.worldcat.org/title/father-robert-kapoun-the-polka-padre/oclc/035780346

Wow!

It is interesting that DR talks about LE not searching his car when he was leaving with boxes. To me, that says that he was thinking about the crime and his relationship to it.

This was at a time when no one was considering him. I find that very telling.

Robert takes no responsibility for his actions so I doubt if anyone could get info from him. So typical of abusers. They never feel they are at fault

Creepy, knowing what we know now

Notes: Songs written and performed by Father Robert Kapoun.
Description: 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
Contents: Northern lights --
Warm as toast --
Wait till tomorrow --
One more time --
No, no little Gabriel --
Mexican doll --
On the rocks --
Happy sailing --
Swingin' just right --
Happy jogger --
Life is what you make it.

DR would probably also know of the polka padre because Kapoun had a band that played polka music at mass and at churches throughout Minnesota. Seeing as his family were avid church goers, they probably heard him play and knew of him.

This guy Adam Sandhurst (& the Jolly Jammers), collaborated with the Polka Padre (Volume #4) on an album.
His contact phone and info are on his website if someone wanted to check with him on if he knew of DR ever playing with the Polka Padre.

http://www.jollyjammers.com/recordings.html

That's what I'm finding as well. Nothing that goes beyond describing him as "playing trombone" or "a budding trombonist." I'm paraphrasing there, but it sure seems like he just started taking lessons, probably that fall in school. I think most kids start band in 5-6 grade.

Re: shergal, others discussing DR and Polka Padre being friends--
This seems extremely likely. It even seems like there might be proof of this somewhere--a photo? A newspaper article? They lived in such close proximity, and musicians tend to know other area musicians, especially in smaller towns. Polka Padre could have "played a gig," if you will, on the night of the abduction, right in St. Joseph. Or, could he have planned to go to the Polka Fest and maybe dropped in on DR instead?

But, if Padre was at the Polka Fest, you'd think LE would know that and would have checked him out.

This album by the Jolly Fishermen included both the Polka Padre and The Deutschmeisters.
http://www.cysmusic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=14

It could be the Padre did it and DR has no intention of saying he had a relationship with the Padre. I think pervs get together. I think they are attracted to each other. Birds of a feather and all of that. M

Very strange all of these music connections , including Josh Guimond. Coincidences? Could be. Music and pervs? Still could be coincidences

From a musicians perspective........

I have been a musician for many years. you get to know the people in other bands, studio musicians and engineers and Producers. I can tell you that the way musicians talk to each other, you get to know who is on drugs, who is an alcoholic and a lot more intimate details, just from the hanging out process. Yes you get to know intimate details of peoples sexual habits. You also get where you can size people up very quickly.

Pedophiles seem to have an ability to "Find" each other and network. Now add in the music part of it........I'm sure there are Polka groupies LOL......I'm sure the pedophiles have an even keener ability to find each other, because musicians talk about what happened with groupies at their gigs. when musicians don't, or don't even try to act normal after a show (Normal for musicians) I'm sure their fellow pedophiles zero in and at some point start to hang out with them.

The fact that you have DR hanging out or socializing with so many known pedophiles makes you wonder what exactly did this poor boy fall into.

I have tried to not focus on DR because he seems so obvious, and to me in complex cases its usually not that easy. But I am now convinced he is the link that could bring everything together. All we need is enough evidence where he starts to talk to save his own hide!

Fellow Sleuthmates,

I fear that some of us may be getting ahead of ourselves a bit. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see a definite connection between DR and Polka Padre. Some things in common, yes. Connected?? Not seeing a certain link here.....JMO

Fellow Sleuthmates,

I fear that some of us may be getting ahead of ourselves a bit. Maybe I missed something, but I don't see a definite connection between DR and Polka Padre. Some things in common, yes. Connected?? Not seeing a certain link here.....JMO

You're right, we've got to keep working on this.

Based on research conducted by eileenhawkeye. It appears that the polka festival had a crowd of 600.

"Searchers set up a command post at the nearby Del-Win Entertainment Center, where 600 persons were attending a polka festival at the time Jacob was abducted".

Though 600 isn't a eyepoping crowd, it is notable. There must have been some sort of an advertisement campaign to attract a crowd of that size: bulletins, newspaper ads, radio ads or television ads? But where are these ads? I have searched and searched, but have come up with nothing.

Based on research conducted by eileenhawkeye. It appears that the polka festival had a crowd of 600.

"Searchers set up a command post at the nearby Del-Win Entertainment Center, where 600 persons were attending a polka festival at the time Jacob was abducted".

Though 600 isn't a eyepoping crowd, it is notable. There must have been some sort of an advertisement campaign to attract a crowd of that size: bulletins, newspaper ads, radio ads or television ads? But where are these ads? I have searched and searched, but have come up with nothing.

I think the lack of ads available online for the polka festival can be explained by the fact that it's been almost 25 years. There's nothing on the Internet that was uploaded in 1989. The earliest one can usually find things posted/uploaded originally is probably around the mid-late 90's. So, for TV and radio ads, how many people still have possession of one of them, and why would they upload it to the Internet 10-15-20-25 years after it happened?

Now, when I searched the newspaper database, I was able to find many articles about Jacob's case from two local papers. It is just the text of the article. There are no pictures. The database doesn't upload ads, only articles.

So I think not finding anything about the polka festival makes sense when you consider how long ago it was. It wasn't notable at all, except for the fact it happened during Jacob's disappearance. No one at the time was probably thinking they should save an ad about it, to upload to the Internet 10-25 years later.

I see no reason that polka padre and DR were not acquainted. I would be astounded if they were not acquainted.

We are talking about music,bands that are connected with each other, the catholic religion, and very very very very and can I say very, small towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay